• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So. After some cutting and gluing I've made my first miniature couch.

Learned a lot; much things to improve.

* The yellow foam shines through - whoops.
* Improve cutting notches and folding the cloth.
* Add some short leg supports.
* Don't use corrugated cardboard, it leaves a lot of awkward openings. I have wood and styrene sheets at the ready. I want smoother edges.

Biggest issue however is that I didn't make it deep enough:

Her big Nendoroid head prevents her from sitting properly on the seat edge.

If I flip the chair she sits fine, so I'll use that depth the next time.

Wow I was going to ask where you bought that, it is amazing.

Wanderer5

This is the pokemon figure that we've all been waiting for. Ash? Brock? Misty? Fuck those guys, there is only the true pokemon master: Red. So why is he so low on the list? Purely because of his exclusivity. At first he was a Japan exclusive, but now he's available in the US as well; all the other countries though? NOPE. I guess Good Smile just hates everyone but Americans.
Shout out to omlet for being an awesome proxy!

Was available in the US.:p It been out of stock at the pokemon center (and amazon) since a bit before Christmas sadly.

meijiko

[Please excuse the long end of year post.]

God, I am ready to go back to my home and my beautiful figures. It's been a long "vacation", and I finally fly back on Thursday. My husband is already there, and he says there's several boxes from Japan that need opening.

I wanted to do my Top Ten list for 2014 before the New Year, but I decided that I wanted to use my own pictures more, so I'll put that off a while. I already have some picked out, but I'll need to do some revising probably. I love seeing everyone's lists. <3

I also checked MFC Manage page, and umm.... yeah...
165 items (¥942,858)

I've done some soul searching over my time here spent with family, and I think I'm going to slightly downsize my figure collection in favor of focusing on my Cardcaptor Sakura collection in the next year. They're not showing any signs of stopping with the new merch, and the first half of my year is already packed with CCS stuff. I'll be selling a portion of my figures that aren't CCS, video game, Nendoroids/figmas, or witch related, and I'll offer them here first for discounted prices before throwing them up on ebay. I've already decided to sell my K-ON and DRRR figures, and probably my unopened Free! figures too.

To go along with my downsize, I'll be starting a blog to document my CCS collection. There's really very little info about CCS stuff on the english side of the internet, especially the older stuff, so I figure I should take an opportunity to document what I know, and hopefully draw out other collectors that I know are out there to fill in the blanks. I'll post the link to it when it's up and running, for anyone who cares. :9

I feel like I've really gotten to know some of you guys in the past year. It's been a pretty shit year for me, but you guys always managed to cheer me up with your hyper-consumerism and drooling over well-sculpted assets (not to say I wasn't joining in, of course.) To some of the newer people, I hope you feel welcome and I hope to get to know you as well as everyone else. I also sincerely hope that you don't get in over your heads with this stuff, because it's very easy to do when you first start collecting, especially if you're not too constrained to a budget. Just remember that, every now and then, you should take a step back to really look at your collection, and make sure it still gives you joy. Don't just collect to collect. Buy the things that really make you happy.

Have a happy New Year, everyone. :)

got mammon today from NY...and I wished I ordered sal register for beezlebub. Reg sal for mammon was shipped on the 19th.

holy shit did I not expect that. Thats super fast esp for the holidays

beezlebub costed a bit... with ems... =(

This month I decided to test out Holiday season SAL shipping and it turns out that it took 24 days for the packages to arrive at my house instead of the usual 10-12 days.
BUT they're finally here and I finally have my Renge Nendo. :p

Happy New Year mejiko, sound advice for the new peeps here =)

Will be looking forward to your blog, even though I'm not that much of a CCS fan, I'm sure it'll be a good read, I remember watching it on TV at times, which Wikipedia tells me was heavily edited =L

taoofjord

Here's my Top 10 Figures of 2014

2. Excellent Model Space Dandy
BNaCup7.jpg

This is the coolest figure on this list. Period. I mean just look at that pompadour! What really surprised be most about this figure is the base it came with. I thought it was just going to be a regular based with the Space Dandy logo stamped on it, but to my surprise I found that it was the Aloha Oe insignia instead. A simple figure with great detail, wish I had enough money to buy Honey and complete the set.

Thanks to you I just ordered Space Dandy. I had no idea this figure existed but man is it fantastic looking. More money down the drain! :)

Thanks to you I just ordered Space Dandy. I had no idea this figure existed but man is it fantastic looking. More money down the drain! :)

Haha I love it when I'm an enabler!
By the way, I saw your previous post, some of those figs might be hard to come by nowadays like Mazinger and those Revoltechs. Although Mazinger got a re-release a few months ago so you may have a bit of luck in the aftermarket.

o... apparently 18k yen is only 155~ bucks. well....i guess i can use that to justify beezlebub ems

so that means labrys is only 120 bucks.. hmmm

taoofjord

Haha I love it when I'm an enabler!
By the way, I saw your previous post, some of those figs might be hard to come by nowadays like Mazinger and those Revoltechs. Although Mazinger got a re-release a few months ago so you may have a bit of luck in the aftermarket.

I think you may be talking about my post before the my last one but either way, I already pre-ordered the Lupin and Jigen Revoltechs from Amiami (they're getting re-issued and will be available in February) and the SRC Mazinger Z figure is out (at BBTS at least) and on its way to me right now so I lucked out!

Also, it's a shame they made Honey instead of Meow. Hopefully they make Meow and then do some sweet mini figures of a bunch of the cooler alien designs in the show.

It's really amazing how excited fighting game tournament commentators get. Speaking of fighting games, I'm looking forward to this:

The full list of franchises eligible for inclusion in Capcom Fighting Tribute includes Street Fighter&#8482;, Darkstalkers&#8482;, Rival Schools&#8482;, Red Earth&#8482;, Star Gladiator, Power Stone&#8482;, Cyberbots, Capcom Fighting Evolution&#8482;, Puzzle Fighter&#8482;, Pocket Fighter&#8482;, Final Fight&#8482;, Battle Circuit, Captain Commando, Armored Warriors, Knights of the Round, The King of Dragons, Avengers (Hissatsu no Buraiken), and Capcom original characters Ruby Heart, Son-Son, and Amingo!

The Udon Tribute artbooks for Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and WoW have been pretty great.

george_us

It's really amazing how excited fighting game tournament commentators get. Speaking of fighting games, I'm looking forward to this:

The Udon Tribute artbooks for Street Fighter, Darkstalkers and WoW have been pretty great.
Capcom has some of the most talented artists in the industry. Such a damn shame to see what they've become.

fighting game hype is just superior to every other competitive gaming scene and makes people who are new to the scene feel hype. If only the pc market was good, fighting games would be more popular.

speaking of fighting games, why can't i get a good morrigan/lilith figure =(

Street Fighter 4: Milking It Edition
MVC3: Too Cheap to Keep the License
MegaMan 69: Get Fucked Edition
Resident Evil: LOL Edition
DmC: Fuck you, our last fans.

they were never "milking" sf4. The scene wanted updates. The only ones that were questionable was AE, but AE2012 was free so it was worth it in the end. I mean Ultra's teaser and trailer featured community run events in them. There weren't any casuals playing, the games were made for the competitive scene and most sf4 players wanted it.

MvC3 license probably had to do with disney acquistion of marvel and the rise of the marvel movies popularity.

DmC and RE6 were bad. Well RE6 could of been good, the mechanics were great.

Settin

they were never "milking" sf4. The scene wanted updates. The only ones that were questionable was AE, but AE2012 was free so it was worth it in the end. I mean Ultra's teaser and trailer featured community run events in them. There weren't any casuals playing, the games were made for the competitive scene and most sf4 players wanted it.

MvC3 license probably had to do with disney acquistion of marvel and the rise of the marvel movies popularity.

Yo dawg, they milked SF4 to the point of parodying themselves with Dead Rising 3 DLC.

Ryuuroden

I ordered Beelzebub and paid for her way back in March. Kind of wish I wasn't required to pay for her back then. The 17,000 yen was a lot more dollars back then than it is now.

Hey All, First time posting here but been lurking for a while,

Here my MFC, http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/AnimeFantasy

Also got my first Dollfie in, though not really a Figure, Miku always counts I think.

Didn't realize these things are so big, but very awesome in person.

Sorry for the kinda shoddy Iphone picture.

Wow she's beautiful. And here I thought the Pulip looked nice.

*goes to look up ordering info*

Figures she's no longer for sale, and whoo-boy at that price tag. For Miku I think I'll pass. Let me know when they make one for IA or GUMI.

yami4ct

It's been a week since my package from HLJ has left Japan and no update at all. I'm getting worried...

What shipping method? You also kind of hit a bad time as the New Year holiday messes up shipping schedules quite a bit. I have noticed that if you're went EMS that that often doesn't update well at all until it actually hits the US, though I've never had it take more than 5 days.

NEO0MJ

What shipping method? You also kind of hit a bad time as the New Year holiday messes up shipping schedules quite a bit. I have noticed that if you're went EMS that that often doesn't update well at all until it actually hits the US, though I've never had it take more than 5 days.

It's EMS. And yeah, it is abad time.

Jaeger

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between Hot Toys' and Sideshow's Vader figures coming out, outside of pricing. Anyone mind giving me a hand?

HT / SS

All I can see differences wise is the tabards are on the outside on the Hot Toys figure (it being based on A New Hope), while Sideshows is based on RotJ. Which outside of that, don't seem to have any differences at all. Looks like they both have light up belt pieces and lightsabers, too. It also seems to Hot Toys figure is an inch or so taller.

NEO0MJ

You're probably fine. If you make it all the way through the 2nd without an update, you might start to worry, but until then I'd just guess the system is getting bogged down by the holidays.

OK, I'll wait until then. I knew I should have shipped sooner but I wasn't sure if I should uy more stuff or not.

I'm trying to figure out what the differences are between Hot Toys' and Sideshow's Vader figures coming out, outside of pricing. Anyone mind giving me a hand?

I think Hot Toys have higher quality figures?

Jaeger

I think Hot Toys have higher quality figures?

I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about Sideshows' work though.

Hot Toys looks way cooler to me. Maybe it just seems more detailed though.

See, I don't see that. Maybe the finish on the "leather", but I don't see any extra "lines or dealing" over the other figure. They both look identical (which is just like their reference material).

Toki767

I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about Sideshows' work though.

See, I don't see that. Maybe the finish on the "leather", but I don't see any extra "lines or dealing" over the other figure. They both look identical (which is just like their reference material).

I want to say it's probably the lighting more than anything. I've definitely never heard anything negative about Sideshow either though. Hot Toys just seemed to brand themselves as the premium line for that stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom