• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pre-ordered Vader, hopefully when the Hot Toys one appears on AmiAmi I'll be faster.

My first figure from Western movies, yay.

Freddy and Jason are bishoujos, so I count them more as Eastern.

gokieks

It's also highly likely that AmiAmi will open up pre-orders again later.

And still debating if I want to pre-order this. Looks nice, but a pretty high price for a character/series that I have zero attachment to and may drop in price soon after.

chrono01

It's also highly likely that AmiAmi will open up pre-orders again later.

And still debating if I want to pre-order this. Looks nice, but a pretty high price for a character/series that I have zero attachment to and may drop in price soon after.
I've been playing Chain Chronicle for the three weeks or so [early launch in Canada] and, oddly enough, Aludra was my first 5*. She's great.

I haven't decided on the figure though, something about the face is bothering me [when compared to the artwork]. The game is a lot of fun, however, so that might persuade me...

NEO0MJ

So we finally have colored photos of the Ex Gokin Grendizer, as well as accessories.

grendizer1.jpg

grendizer4.jpg

grendizer7.jpg

grendizer12.jpg

I really want this, but can't afford it :(
Hopefully it will be like the Getter G trio and easier to find when I can finally afford them.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just pre-ordered Vader, hopefully when the Hot Toys one appears on AmiAmi I'll be faster.

My first figure from Western movies, yay.

Freddy and Jason are bishoujos, so I count them more as Eastern.

Amiami and HLJ don't put Hot Toys up for international sale anymore, they said Hot Toys doesn't want the Japanese version sold abroad, but the prevailing theory is Sideshow didn't like the competition...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
How did I just find out about these, I'm slacking...

Dean Yeagle Mandy statues.

For those that don't know him by name, Dean Yeagle is a playboy magazine artist. that is hugely inspired by Disney in his art style, 'nuff said...

The standard one is limited to 250, the first 150 are already sold out, it's a 12" resin statue priced at $185.

The limited edition one is limited to 100, the first 50 are already sold out, it's also 12" resin statue but priced at $300...

I only found out about it because someone just posted in-hand images:

If your interested here is where you can sign up to try and purchase one of the remaining few.

There have been a bunch of statues and busts on this character before, but this is the first one that actually looks awesome (at least to me) I'm gonna try for the limited one, but won't be sad with the standard one if it sells out before I can get one...Only gonna be sad if I can't get one at all...
---------
Edit: Hot Toys doing a Hot Angel figure? They haven't done one in like 7 years :

gOL2qmh.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
amiami pre-orders for shf vader, storm trooper and age of ultron iron man are open again.

cancelled my hlj order to place one there. sorry hlj, love to have you as a backup but your prices just aren't up to snuff!

omlet

Beelzebub shipped :>

And come on amiami, where is the big update? These little sneaking few-things-at-a-time updates are kind of annoying.

So the only place to get Kimono Mami is Akiba Anime for $185.39 (Shipping included...)

Or wait for NY at 13,620¥

What to do...

Apparently I was so drunk when I thought I bought this originally on New Years I forgot RightStuf ran out of stock to ship to Canada.

If it's between $185 (USD?) and NY, I'd wait for NY with the weak yen If her box is around the same size as haregi Homura and maiko Madoka, then it won't be very big and shipping won't be expensive. Another option would be someone in the US buys it from Rightstuf then you pay them figure+shipping to send it to you, but with the USD/CAD conversion I'm not sure if you come out ahead on that idea.

bro thats a yukata

It's technically a furisode, the type of kimono distinguishable by its longcat sleeves. Even if it was a yukata, a yukata is still just one type of kimono. :>

TUSR

Banned
If it's between $185 (USD?) and NY, I'd wait for NY with the weak yen If her box is around the same size as haregi Homura and maiko Madoka, then it won't be very big and shipping won't be expensive. Another option would be someone in the US buys it from Rightstuf then you pay them figure+shipping to send it to you, but with the USD/CAD conversion I'm not sure if you come out ahead on that idea.

It's technically a furisode, the type of kimono distinguishable by its longcat sleeves. Even if it was a yukata, a yukata is still just one type of kimono. :>

Its tough to see where I will come out ahead, I know that RightStuf has some in stock and the shipping to a buddy in Cali would end up being free. All it would cost is the conversion and shipping. But no idea where that would end up. Chances are ill wait for NY to sell it in April.

You ruined my joke :'(.

raven777

Almost made a 5k yen bad decision. Really need to stop browsing the pre-owned section of AmiAmi

Is her LN art bad?

I wouldn't say her LN art is bad....but Kyoani version has a lot better body (for me)

LN
BzSWeP8CAAEwuF4.jpg

Kyoani
516jcxrgFGL._SY400_.jpg

the face is different (because of the artist difference) but her thigh, hip and breasts are bigger in Kyoani version.

So this looks poised to compete against the Figma Avengers, similar price, size should be around the same, no point for me getting these S.H Figuarts line, unless they end up being clearly superior to their Figma counterparts, I'll wait and see.

Edit: Is there any place where I can still pre-order the S.H. Fuiguarts Stormtrooper?

Yaari

I don't have any swimsuit figures yet. I don't really look forward to explaining those kind of figures. But its Maki...

omlet

Maki is second best girl but swimsuit figure is easy to say no to.
You ruined my joke :'(.

And I didn't even ruin it properly; I looked at the wrong picture, lol (CR store one really is a yukata like you said, but maiko version you're after is a furisode).

Amiami and HLJ don't put Hot Toys up for international sale anymore, they said Hot Toys doesn't want the Japanese version sold abroad, but the prevailing theory is Sideshow didn't like the competition...

FFS, sigh. Haven't seen one Sideshow that's even near HT, but eh.

On topic: bought the Guren.

omlet

Yeah, I can't see myself ever buying a swimsuit figure unless it's extremely detailed or has accessories to make it exciting.

As bikini figures go, I think the Maki one is actually fairly classy, and all the frills/detail on what little clothes there are look nice...but it's still a swimsuit figure.

lol I hope some mod doesn't change my avatar...
Me either, I love the Cidney design. I just really liked my old naoto

So cameras. I finally want to get one, mainly due to my coming trip to Japan. So recommendations for someone too lazy to really set up a great shot. Basically I need a good point n shoot, though I think there are some that will take a DSLR lens too, seems neat because I do like options even if I often ignore them.

TUSR

Banned
Maki is second best girl but swimsuit figure is easy to say no to.

And I didn't even ruin it properly; I looked at the wrong picture, lol (CR store one really is a yukata like you said, but maiko version you're after is a furisode).

At least we got to the bottom of this.
lol

In the end I saved money in the Pre-owned section of AmiAmi only to spend it hours later on two new figures.

Sigh, I was happy thinking that I was starting to control myself.

kewlmyc

Woohoo, finally sold my Mikan. Too bad I can't ship it today due to snowstorm bullshit.

I'm also really happy with how much we've grown recently. We have collectors of all sorts now. Nendos, figmas, lewd scales, bishoujos, Male figures, Hot Toys, Gundo, and even Slidshow Collectibles. So much growth in so little time.

george_us

How did I just find out about these, I'm slacking...

Dean Yeagle Mandy statues.

For those that don't know him by name, Dean Yeagle is a playboy magazine artist. that is hugely inspired by Disney in his art style, 'nuff said...

The standard one is limited to 250, the first 150 are already sold out, it's a 12" resin statue priced at $185.

The limited edition one is limited to 100, the first 50 are already sold out, it's also 12" resin statue but priced at $300...

I only found out about it because someone just posted in-hand images:

If your interested here is where you can sign up to try and purchase one of the remaining few.

There have been a bunch of statues and busts on this character before, but this is the first one that actually looks awesome (at least to me) I'm gonna try for the limited one, but won't be sad with the standard one if it sells out before I can get one...Only gonna be sad if I can't get one at all...
Wow these look pretty nice. Probably won't pick it up but I'll definitely keep my eye out on this artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom