• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike0dude

I liked Dean's work, but goddamn at the price.

I'm too poor for this hobby, ffs.

Nobody is rich enough for this hobby. I mean we paying to get a piece of pvc melted too look like fictional characters that have no other use than to make you regret buying them and gather dust on a shelf...
I need to buy more tho.

Nobody is rich enough for this hobby. I mean we paying to get a piece of pvc melted too look like fictional characters that have no other use than to make you regret buying them and gather dust on a shelf...
I need to buy more tho.

You sounded just like my aunt in the bolded. She doesn't mind me buying figures (my money), but she does give her opinion sometimes.

So far I haven't regretted anything, though there are three specific figures that if I had thought twice I wouldn't have pre-ordered.

I need to buy more tho.

Perfect description of this hobby.

Still don't regret my bishoujos, though. Or Kamael and Kotobukiya Squid Girl.
Regret everything else, tho

arue

Oh no I think I might order this figure to accompany the Persona 3 protagonist.
Gauenara1339425353.jpeg
Gauenara1339513796.jpeg

Do you guys think this figure is cheap? Is there a better one from another manufacturer? It's only 3000 yen on Mandarake.

mike0dude

Perfect description of this hobby.

Still don't regret my bishoujos, though. Or Kamael and Kotobukiya Squid Girl.
Regret everything else, tho

Life Pro Tip: If you wan't to save money for figures, ask your family for clothes and food at christmas./birthdays. Don't ask them to buy figures for you they might get the wrong one or a fake one because its cheaper!

This is why I always ask for money.

"- Hey, your birthday is coming, what do you want?
- Money"

"- Christmas is near, do you want something?
- Money"

"- I'm going to the supermarket, do you want something?
- Money"

Bombless

I've been playing Chain Chronicle for the three weeks or so [early launch in Canada] and, oddly enough, Aludra was my first 5*. She's great.

I haven't decided on the figure though, something about the face is bothering me [when compared to the artwork]. The game is a lot of fun, however, so that might persuade me...
Ooh a Chain Chronicle player! Add me up : Friend ID:133511322

Not a fan of Aludra but there's SO many characters that would make great figures. There's tons of great designs in that game and for once the men aren't forgotten (though I feel there's less male characters than female).

johnsmith

remember me
Oh no I think I might order this figure to accompany the Persona 3 protagonist.

Do you guys think this figure is cheap? Is there a better one from another manufacturer? It's only 3000 yen on Mandarake.

I'm not a fan of figuarts. The quality is pretty bad for the money. I had the Chie and Yukiko ones but sold them, and will never buy any again. I have prize figures that are better quality for less money.

I need more Pokemon figures, even if they just make the popular ones (Charizard, event mons, etc).

I would start collecting plushies if they were in stores that I could order overseas.

Wanderer5

Snow Miku 2015 preorders will come up next month right? Seems like the magical girl one was Feb 9th -20th, and course was put up right after wonder festival.

Not a fan of Aludra but there's SO many characters that would make great figures. There's tons of great designs in that game and for once the men aren't forgotten (though I feel there's less male characters than female).

Oh hi, another Chain Chronicle player? Add me!

And that's generally the case with these gacha games. Less males than females, though males are somewhat viable as units at least.

I've been watching Gundam Reconguista G and I would buy a Steer figure so hard, hnng.

Either her, Mick Jack, or Mashner. They are all awesome. Aida in the red dress (not her suit, the dress) would be instabuy too.

Acid08

Banned
Dang, EMS is fast. Only took two days and my package is already in customs in San Francisco. Luckily I live in the area so my Rain figure should be here soon!!!

Acid08

Banned
I've been watching Gundam Reconguista G and I would buy a Steer figure so hard, hnng.

Either her, Mick Jack, or Mashner. They are all awesome. Aida in the red dress (not her suit, the dress) would be instabuy too.
Unfortunately I don't think G-Reco is very popular :/ would love an Aida figure though.

chrono01

Oh hi, another Chain Chronicle player? Add me!
Nice to see fellow Chain Chronicle players here. I'm right in the middle of something, but I'll add you both as soon as I can.

Oh, before I forget, it seems Amakuni messed up Beelzebub. Well, more accurately, her base.

Remember 12+ months ago when she was shown with "GULT" on her base but then fixed to "GLUT" [for "Gluttony"] instead? Well....it seems the final product has "GULT". :/

They will apparently be shipping out sticker replacements for everyone who ordered her from them, but since I used a proxy [BIJ] I'm not sure how this will work. BIJ hasn't shipped mine yet, so maybe they're going to wait for the replacement sticker first before sending her out? I'm not sure.

Still, slightly disappointing to see.

omlet

That's hilarious. Nice engrish there, Amakuni.

Good thing I wasn't planning to use that big ugly base anyway for mine.

Nice to see fellow Chain Chronicle players here. I'm right in the middle of something, but I'll add you both as soon as I can.

Oh, before I forget, it seems Amakuni messed up Beelzebub. Well, more accurately, her base.

Remember 12+ months ago when she was shown with "GULT" on her base but then fixed to "GLUT" [for "Gluttony"] instead? Well....it seems the final product has "GULT". :/

They will apparently be shipping out sticker replacements for everyone who ordered her from them, but since I used a proxy [BIJ] I'm not sure how this will work. BIJ hasn't shipped mine yet, so maybe they're going to wait for the replacement sticker first before sending her out? I'm not sure.

Still, slightly disappointing to see.

On the plus side, the base is probably the thing ill least look at, with that crazy orange color.

But yeah, if shes like the other sins.. Ill just display her on the side of the base with her name on it, instead of the sin.

chrono01

If Beelz wasn't a cast-off I probably would have purchased her. She's a real qt.
Honestly, the cast-off is there but I won't be using it.

As you said, she's a cutie, that's why I purchased her.

On the plus side, the base is probably the thing ill least look at, with that crazy orange color.

But yeah, if shes like the other sins.. Ill just display her on the side of the base with her name on it, instead of the sin.
Yeah, I might display her name-side instead of sin-side out, or put her in the back so you can't see/read GLUT.

I'm still hoping BIJ can manage a replacement, though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I've hopefully managed to snag that Yuru Yuri stage that I tried to get while in Japan from Mandarake.

Doesn't even seem to be listed on mfc.

Femto.

Ringing in the new year with a bit of hometown.

Speaking of hometown, seeing this on the front page of MFC made me realize how great of a job they did on her face.

7 sins gals are too lewd but I want to give in so bad.
I'm doing good in terms of selectivity, I can't stray from that now.

I won't.

Bombless

Ringing in the new year with a bit of hometown.

Speaking of hometown, seeing this on the front page of MFC made me realize how great of a job they did on her face.

I won't.

It's not their fault they're lewd, they're just drawn that way! And Mammon is fantastic. Hell, the whole collection is, engrish included.

Okay, I sent you a Friend Request [Chain Chronicle], Bombless/dakkumauji!

My in-game name is "Chrono".

Accepted and OMG level 60?!?

Ryuuroden

Good Smile Company [and partners] release list:

Shipping out from GSC on the 13th January 2015:

Max Factory - figma Motoko Kusanagi: S.A.C.ver.
Max Factory - Psychic (Pink Harley)

Shipping out from GSC on the 15th January 2015:

Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Devil Homura
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Plus Fabric Charm: Haruka Amami
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Plus Fabric Charm: Chihaya Kisaragi
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Plus Fabric Charm: Miki Hoshii
Max Factory - Kongo: Half-Damage ver.
Max Factory - figma Hana Isuzu
Max Factory - figma Saber 2.0
Phat! Company - Medicchu KanColle: Aircraft Carrier Wo-Class
Phat! Company - Yayoi Takatsuki
FREEing - Charlotte Dunois: Poodle Ver.
FREEing - Kuroneko: Yukata Ver.

Shipping out from GSC on the 19th January 2015:

Max Factory - Misty: Swimsuit Ver.
Max Factory - Aoba (Rerelease)

Shipping out from GSC on the 21st January 2015:

Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Amatsukaze
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Solid Snake
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Naruko Aoba

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/post/4032/Release+Dates+for+January+2015+Products.html

Psychic and Kongo for me! YES!

Hmm, let's just say it turned a girl into a dispenser for "cream". That's as much as I'll say. :/

YUUUUS, Kongo wooooweee, I can finally have her yay. She is also one of those figures that was annoying cause I ordered her from amiami so it's like "when am I going to have to pay for her!!!' Now I finally know.

Femto.

It's not their fault they're lewd, they're just drawn that way! And Mammon is fantastic. Hell, the whole collection is, engrish included.

Allow me to rephrase, too lewd for me to comfortably display them publicly.
Yet I have MegaHouse's Amazon lol

Glad that Satan is no longer up for pre-order on Ami, eliminated any temptation for me to plunge into the collection.

Settin

I won't.

DO IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom