• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

7 sins gals are too lewd but I want to give in so bad.
I'm doing good in terms of selectivity, I can't stray from that now.

I won't.
If there's one sin you should cave on, it's Mammon. Her proportions and some elements of her outfit turned me off a bit as well but the good far outweighed the bad. Grab her if you can!

Chronoexe

54ABE68B4C34840026

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG YEEEEEEES!!

My wallet is not ready but I don't care.

Femto.

After receiving Tharja & Asuka today I wasn't expecting any more packages.
Until my mail woman surprised me with another package from my best bud, he collects too but mostly toys/action figures.

As a late x-mas gift he gave me this 7 inch replica of the Iron Throne:

Upon opening it I immediately knew what I HAD to do.

Now I think I understand why you nendo fanatics are...fanatical about them.

Femto.

If there's one sin you should cave on, it's Mammon. Her proportions and some elements of her outfit turned me off a bit as well but the good far outweighed the bad. Grab her if you can!

Even if I were to cave I've already exceeded my funds for figures, I'm heading out to Seattle next week and need to save money for Vegas next month.

So in a way, I've prevented myself from caving! Mwahaha.
But yes I agree. Mammon is about to tip me over.

STAHP

If you don't display him like that, you'll have betrayed us all.

If I can somehow attach the Gates of Babylon to the top of the throne it would be perrrfect.

Anyone have any ideas?

Giolon

If I had to choose only a single Sin, it would still be Asmodeus. Gorgeously eyecatching zigzag cape design, great big horns, confident pose, and a beautiful face all without being quite so egregious as Mammon.

Mammon would be the second Sin though.

arue

I'm not a fan of figuarts. The quality is pretty bad for the money. I had the Chie and Yukiko ones but sold them, and will never buy any again. I have prize figures that are better quality for less money.

There's one by Megahouse that I have but it runs for 10k yen nowadays so it's pretty expensive. I have no experience with that one.
Hmm I see. Looks like I won't be buying the figure then. Thank for the replies!

I'm not that desperate for a Narukami figure, so I don't think I'll get the Megahouse one either.

omlet

The one last night wasn't?

I'm not sure what was last night since I was already asleep by 10PST, but there were about 800~ items when I went to bed... and 800~ items when I woke up. So if stuff got added it was gone in just a few hours.

george_us

If I had to choose only a single Sin, it would still be Asmodeus. Gorgeously eyecatching zigzag cape design, great big horns, confident pose, and a beautiful face all without being quite so egregious as Mammon.

Mammon would be the second Sin though.
Yeah but those demon veggies though.

Gundam? Tell me your Gundam opinions.

Not exactly Gundam, but I started watching Gundam recently and we got in a fight because I said that after what I've seen so far of mecha animes (Gundam included), the one that I hate the most is still... Evangelion (the OG, with 20 something episodes). I haven't seen the movies, so my opinion might change, but I just couldn't stomach Shinji for another minute. They both love it, so I got rekt by them after saying that.

And I'm already guessing that I'll get wrecked here after saying this too.

Acid08

Banned
Not exactly Gundam, but I started watching Gundam recently and we got in a fight because I said that after what I've seen so far of mecha animes (Gundam included), the one that I hate the most is still... Evangelion (the OG, with 20 something episodes). I haven't seen the movies, so my opinion might change, but I just couldn't stomach Shinji for another minute. They both love it, so I got rekt by them after saying that.

Nah, I can definitely understand how someone could not like Eva.

Nah, I can definitely understand how someone could not like Eva.

I just can't handle the whining. I know that some people say it is a very psychological anime, but making a western comparison I would rather have dinner with Joffrey Baratheon than watch anything with Shinji again.

omlet

I am not a fan of Evangelion TV, either. I can appreciate what it meant for the medium and genre, but it's not a series I like because I could never connect with Shinji (and in my experience, most eva fans say they did). I do like the movies, though, because they cut out enough of Shinji being Shinji to be watchable while still having enough Shinji being Shinji to get his character across, and they have some amazing balls-to-the-wall action.

Hating Shinji? No. Hating Eva? Absolutely.

I admit Shinji gets on your nerves 30 seconds in and stays there for the duration. But if you look past him and absorb the deeper story that's being played out in front of you, it's a very rewarding experience. In fact, I need to do a rewatch one of these days.

Hating Shinji? No. Hating Eva? Absolutely.

I admit Shinji gets on your nerves 30 seconds in and stays there for the duration. But if you look past him and absorb the deeper story that's being played out in front of you, it's a very rewarding experience. In fact, I need to do a rewatch one of these days.

I really, really tried to do that, but at the time he (and EVA-01) were Evangelion to me. Maybe in the future I'll rewatch it and have a more mature opinion about it (I was way younger when I first watched Eva).

One thing I must say, though: Shinji's father is one badass motherfucker.

EDIT:
Evangelion isn't for everyone.

Now, if you said you hated Baccano, I'd find you and
tell you that it's actually pretty good and rewatch it with you.

Never heard about that one, will add to my watch list.

Yeah, I don't know a lot of animes unfortunately.

kewlmyc

Evangelion isn't for everyone.

Now, if you said you hated Baccano, I'd find you and
tell you that it's actually pretty good and rewatch it with you.

Hmm I see. Looks like I won't be buying the figure then. Thank for the replies!

I'm not that desperate for a Narukami figure, so I don't think I'll get the Megahouse one either.
Also this Yu if you missed my post.
There's a 22cm prize figure Yu that's turned up on NY for ¥3800:
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/person...ation-happy-kuji-a-prize-narukami-yu-1-8.html

Preview: GSC New Product Showcase - Kill la Kill - Satsuki Kiryuin Senketsu Ver. 1/8 Complete Figure by Good Smile Company

Happy New Year 2015!
o0515037713181232703.jpg

Thanks for a wonderful 2014 everyone!!

This year I will once again be writing up all sorts of blogs about GSC and it’s products here on Kahotan Blog, and I hope you’ll all stop by once in awhile to take a read!

I’m sure that many of you started work or school again as of yesterday… how has the start of 2015 been for you? I still don’t think I’ve eaten enough New Year’s goodies yet! Personally I like to eat my mochi with sweet soy sauce or shichimi soy sauce!

Anyway, I’ve decided that the first blog of 2015 is going to be some interviews with the GSC Planning Team members! (`・ω・´)

They will each answer the following three questions!

1) What was your first dream of the New Year?
2) What was most memorable about the end of the year?
3) What are your aspirations for 2015?
========================================
N20150107OP_001A.jpg
N20150107OP_002B.jpg

Prize figures
rubyrose_20150105_06.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mpnXnCyjtFk
http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/47824/
7bbfb9d473e1b5e2586fc6e3dbb98e9d-440x385.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/47757/
0116abff7641da2851bdfaa7f9f918f5a1bcee2e80_R.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/kikakugai/kikakugai-31637/
10392502_714576471971117_8909958432688153355_n.jpg

iOxx5Ur7JXrWJ.png

http://tamashii.jp/item_announced/

Anony

oC5kwoM.jpg

mika and shimakaze came, sal :(
bonus mikan that i havent opened from months ago

i actually dont have room for any of these figs unless i rearrange my detolf

gokieks

Personally, I think that Satsuki is one of the worst figures GSC has made in years. I'm not a huge fan of KLK or the character designs, but the Phat Company version is far superior.

As for Gundam, Reconguista in G is just bad. Will have to wait for it to finish to really render final judgement, but as of right now it's shaping up to be the worst Gundam series since SEED Destiny.

Acid08

Banned
Personally, I think that Satsuki is one of the worst figures GSC has made in years. I'm not a huge fan of KLK or the character designs, but the Phat Company version is far superior.

As for Gundam, Reconguista in G is just bad. Will have to wait for it to finish to really render final judgement, but as of right now it's shaping up to be the worst Gundam series since SEED Destiny.

I really like G-Reco. It's nonsensical at times but it evokes that same kind of feelings Turn A did for me. It's hilarious as well.

And SEED is really bad but 00 is worse. Both seasons and the movie combine to be the crowning jewel of shit on Sunrise's bathroom floor. Haven't seen Destiny or AGE though, have heard they're very bad as well.

CDiggity

I'm still waiting for that really cool looking Ryuuko GK.

Oh hey FigureGAF, why am I here again?

It seems my friends, including my gf poisoned my mind. Since Persona is so great, they gave me an Aegis Nendo for my birthday and it was so small and so cute. Couple clicks later...well, now I have 4 more nendos on the way. What the fuck happened.

It's only going to get worse isn't it?

Einbroch

Banned

It seems my friends, including my gf poisoned my mind. Since Persona is so great, they gave me an Aegis Nendo for my birthday and it was so small and so cute. Couple clicks later...well, now I have 4 more nendos in the mail. What the fuck happened.

You mean it's only going to get better.

omlet

It seems my friends, including my gf poisoned my mind. Since Persona is so great, they gave me an Aegis Nendo for my birthday and it was so small and so cute. Couple clicks later...well, now I have 4 more nendos in the mail. What the fuck happened.

Pupupupupu. I hope you got Yukiko because she is the most adorable nendo evar

So can you really not cancel a pre-order on Amiami? That's pretty shady.

You can, just not through the interface yourself. Email them and give them a good explanation for why you need to cancel and they can do it.

So can you really not cancel a pre-order on Amiami? That's pretty shady.

You can, but you have to email them and request it. Also don't cancel more than you buy. Also never EVER cancel a pre-owned item. They're a very reputable company. The inability to cancel orders easily is due more to cultural differences between Japan and elsewhere. Pre-ordering takes into account something of an honor system, since no down payment is required.

taoofjord

You can, just not through the interface yourself. Email them and give them a good explanation for why you need to cancel and they can do it.

Why do you say a good explanation? What's the reasoning behind them not letting you cancel a pre-order easily? Sure, no business ever wants a customer to cancel anything but that doesn't stop most places from letting you do it with ease. Look at Amazon, for example. Is there something about the products Amiami sells that makes them want treat this on a case by case basis? Personally, "changing my mind" should be a sufficient explanation. Then if they see someone cancelling on multiple occasions then they can address the person directly.

Why do you say a good explanation? What's the reasoning behind them not letting you cancel a pre-order easily? Sure, no business wants anyone to cancel anything, but most places let you do it with ease. Is there something about the products Amiami sells that makes them want treat this on a case by case basis? Personally, "changing my mind" should be a sufficient explanation. Then if they see someone cancelling on multiple occasions then they can address the person directly.

A lot of items are made to order. If they put in their final order numbers with the manufacturer, and then X number are cancelled, they get stuck with that extra inventory and have to sell it. With the number of items they carry, they no doubt have limited space, so it could create a space issue.

johnsmith

remember me
Why do you say a good explanation? What's the reasoning behind them not letting you cancel a pre-order easily? Sure, no business ever wants a customer to cancel anything but that doesn't stop most places from letting you do it with ease. Look at Amazon, for example. Is there something about the products Amiami sells that makes them want treat this on a case by case basis? Personally, "changing my mind" should be a sufficient explanation. Then if they see someone cancelling on multiple occasions then they can address the person directly.

Because these things are preordered months in advance and the orders are placed months in advance. No shop wants to be stuck with stock they can't sell. It's part of the reason they're able to offer the lowest prices in the first place. The shops that do let you cancel like HLJ also charge more up front. There's nothing shady about it. Not every place is amazon. It's a pretty common practice when dealing with collectables.

Einbroch

Banned

Figures aren't like mass produced items. They require many manhours and are limited runs, and most are basically made-to-order.

Manufacturers need to know how many to produce. They get these numbers from stores like AmiAmi, and then these stores order the amount they need, plus a few extra for stocking. If you cancel, you're filling their warehouse with inventory. AmiAmi is able to sell their stock so cheap (which is why almost everyone from this thread orders from them) because they KNOW they won't have hundreds of a certain figure just sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom