• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Amiami doesn't even charge you a non refundable deposit like Sideshow does. And even that isn't shady as they state their policy up front.

most japanese shops don't do cancellations from what I have noticed. Its nothing shady about it. Its how they do business. A preorder is a commitment.

they did deny me once for a cancellation. I preorder alter's melty and right around november alter announced xmas melty. I wanted to cancel the original and get the xmas, but they denied it. Well I asked them to swap my order first, but that was also denied

So now I have two melties

113211.jpg

Ultimadrago

most japanese shops don't do cancellations from what I have noticed. Its nothing shady about it. Its how they do business. A preorder is a commitment.

Yep. While I've been caught on the side of having to cancel myself and have gone to competition at times due to the fact, "Don't pre-order unless you're prepared to order." has been a policy I've never held against AmiAmi.

taoofjord

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation everyone. This wasn't quite clicking for me since so many figures I want are already sold out (even ones that came out in the second half of 2014)... making it seem like every figure is in high demand. But I see that's not always the case.

Regardless, the figure I may cancel is no doubt in high demand and if I do end up canceling it I'm sure someone else would grab it soon after.

Wanderer5

Fluffy coat ver. is superior to 2013, imo.

I'd rank the Snow Mikus: 2014 > 2012 > 2013 >>>>>> 2011.

Pretty much how I see it too. Too bad they not cheap to get now.:\ Ah well I planning to look into the 2015 one, which still looks quite lovely (and I love the theme a lot).

Einbroch

Banned
Pretty much how I see it too. Too bad they not cheap to get now.:\ Ah well I planning to look into the 2015 one, which still looks quite lovely (and I love the theme a lot).

They're quite worth it. They have an absolute boat load of accessories, and the boxes for the 2013 and 2014 SM are pieces of art themselves.

Wanderer5

They're quite worth it. They have an absolute boat load of accessories, and the boxes for the 2013 and 2014 SM are pieces of art themselves.

True, but bleh I still rather just be set for Snow Miku 2015. I remember GSC selling the 2013 one at their booth last year at Anime Expo through. Maybe they will have 2014 this year lol (if they're at AX this year that is).

chrono01

I hope this isn't super serious. I'd rather see KanColle girly hijinx.
We haven't seen a lot on it, so it could honestly go either way. Either super serious or slice-of-life. Maybe a mix of both?

I'm a bit disappointed that the battles will [seemingly] be in CG. Regardless, the small preview I watched was entertaining, so it should hopefully be enjoyable.

BTW, speaking of KanColle, apparently Movic's Kongou is cast-off. That surprised me. I didn't think DMM.com/Kadokawa would allow nudity on their characters.

chrono01

Yeah, 8.33 rating on mfc isn't amazing. I might wait for somebody else's version.

As for Kancolle, I like the this and Musashi. If I get any it'll be of just those 2.
\o/

Yeah, I'd wait for Amakuni's Amatsukaze. I own their Shimakaze, and she came out great. Their version of Amatsukaze should be equally-impressive. I mean, just look at her expression and the little heart-shaped smoke coming out the top of her head. Adorable.

If I get into KanColle at all, it's probably only going to be for Abyssal Fleet ships. And it'll start with Max Factory Wo-Class. All shall tremble before her price-tag.
I worries me too. It's definitely going to be an exclusive [and part of MF's "Wonderful Hobby Selection"], so I'm thinking somewhere around 19,000 yen easily. She doesn't have a lot of weaponry with her though, so hopefully that will cut down on her price.

On the other hand, from what we've seen of her she's MASSIVE...

chrono01

Musashi is sold out on amiami. Fuck me.
That's surprising. She's not scheduled for several months. Even Kongou [who's released very soon] is still available. Must be a GSC thing. o_O

Which is what I'm doing, but I don't have a Shimakaze scale and don't think I will get one...they're a little on the lewd/expensive side so I will stick to the nendo, at least that's the plan for now but I can't pretend like having Amatsukaze eventually won't make me want to track down the Amakuni Shimakaze to go with her ~_~
There's nothing lewd with Amakuni's Shimakaze [IMO]. Well, aside from her panties [if you even call them that], but that's not really noticeable unless you're looking from behind.

omlet

There's nothing lewd with Amakuni's Shimakaze [IMO]. Well, aside from her panties [if you even call them that], but that's not really noticeable unless you're looking from behind.

She's definitely more tame than the GSC one (edit: and QuesQ, forgot about that one for a moment), that's for sure lol... Her pose is pretty reasonable in that regard, and the salute/expression is pretty good. I might consider getting her if I could find it for under 10k but I think she goes for like 12k aftermarket now, kinda steep for a figure I'm not crazy about.

chrono01

She's definitely more tame than the GSC one, that's for sure lol... Her pose is pretty reasonable in that regard, and the salute/expression is pretty good. I might consider getting her if I could find it for under 10k but I think she goes for like 12k aftermarket now, kinda steep for a figure I'm not crazy about.
Yeah, all of the Shimakaze [other than Amakuni] definitely lean on the more "lewd" side-of-things.

If I see/hear of an Amakuni Shimakaze going for around 10k, I'll be sure to send you a PM. I check Mandarake on a daily basis, so maybe we'll get lucky.

omlet

Yeah, all of the Shimakaze [other than Amakuni] definitely lean on the more "lewd" side-of-things.

If I see/hear of an Amakuni Shimakaze going for around 10k, I'll be sure to send you a PM. I check Mandarake on a daily basis, so maybe we'll get lucky.

There's one on there right now for 11k actually, just noticed. And two on Amiami for 11.5k. I started checking manda frequently for nendo but not as often for scales.

Kinda hoping amiami actually does a big update soon so I can see if I come out of that unscathed before deciding on any other purchases. The only hobby/entertainment purchases planned this month are two nendos (Naruko, Amatsukaze) so it's pretty light in terms of expenses. So if nothing from amiami catches my eye this week, I might keep an eye out for a Shimakaze scale. I'd rather wait for like a C/B or something for <10k.

chrono01

There's one on there right now for 11k actually, just noticed. And two on Amiami for 11.5k. I started checking manda frequently for nendo but not as often for scales.

Kinda hoping amiami actually does a big update soon so I can see if I come out of that unscathed before deciding on any other purchases. The only hobby/entertainment purchases planned this month are two nendos (Naruko, Amatsukaze) so it's pretty light in terms of expenses. So if nothing from amiami catches my eye this week, I might keep an eye out for a Shimakaze scale. I'd rather wait for like a C/B or something for <10k.
Damn it, you just reminded me that I didn't pre-order the Amatsukaze Nendoroid [yet].

I'm not that interested in collecting all of them, but I do own Shimakaze so I might as well purchase Amatsukaze to accompany her...

Because orders closed on the GSC shop. Deadline passed.

Johnsmith in a tizzy over boatgirls..... Will wonders never cease?
It's still a bit weird though, since the Light Ver. wasn't an exclusive. In fact, both Red and Grey versions are still available at HS:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10301855

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10301856

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom