• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Jesus H. Christ.

15765678145_7ed9fed90d_c.jpg

cajunator

Banned
One thing that significantly helps me to keep preorders down (relatively) is that I dont like the sexualized figures for the most part. Life and hometown do not affect me, only cute.
But if a figure is sexy cute then I will sometimes make exceptions, like the IS2 figures.

One thing that significantly helps me to keep preorders down (relatively) is that I dont like the sexualized figures for the most part. Life and hometown do not affect me, only cute.

But if a figure is sexy cute then I will sometimes make exceptions, like the IS2 figures.

I'm finding this with Yoko from Gurren lately (relevant as I'm shopping around for a figure of her). She's a highly sexualised character design but cute as a button to go with it. I have been tempted in the past by some of the Beach Queens line, but I always stop short of actually ordering any. Perhaps I find them a little... bland? I guess I like my figures to have interesting clothing/accessory details rather than just being mini-mannequins.

cajunator

Banned
I'm finding this with Yoko from Gurren lately (relevant as I'm shopping around for a figure of her). She's a highly sexualised character design but cute as a button to go with it. I have been tempted in the past by some of the Beach Queens line, but I always stop short of actually ordering any. Perhaps I find them a little... bland? I guess I like my figures to have interesting clothing/accessory details rather than just being mini-mannequins.

I have only bought one Beach Queen figure and you can probably figure out why.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/187454

tauke

reigeneratorakscu.jpg

Just done drawing for a certain side project and saw that Rei figure... which is ripe for Photoshopping session
(Content-Aware Fill is the best thing evar in Photoshop).

Bombless

'murica, fuck yeah!

I got something special for you guys. The Plastikitty duo offered to get me a Halloween Miku at NYCC and I gladly accepted. I promised I'd show them mom's reaction when the gets it (if mom accepted, that is). She also allowed me to post it here since "your friends probably all feel the same way when they get a figure they really like."

So there you go, my figures collecting mom
with a side of former One Ring bearer.
I don't think any translation is required haha.

'murica, fuck yeah!

I got something special for you guys. The Plastikitty duo offered to get me a Halloween Miku at NYCC and I gladly accepted. I promised I'd show them mom's reaction when the gets it (if mom accepted, that is). She also allowed me to post it here since "your friends probably all feel the same way when they get a figure they really like."

Ah that is awesome. :)

My Mom is always interested in what I get every month after I bought her a Nendo of Isabelle from AC. Tempted to get her the Frozen Nendo but my Dad might hate me for getting her addicted lol

Bombless

Ah that is awesome. :)

My Mom is always interested in what I get every month after I bought her a Nendo of Isabelle from AC. Tempted to get her the Frozen Nendo but my Dad might hate me for getting her addicted lol

I showed her a couple Plastikitty articles today : she wants Elsa (because Snow Witch Miku, duuuh) and surprisingly (to me at least) she was all over Nendo Batman. Made me put an order down for her immediately.

'murica, fuck yeah!

Dat adorable joyful reaction: "Halloween?!"

Get your mom set up with her own yt channel for unboxing figures, she's great :)

tauke

'murica, fuck yeah!

That expression of finding something joyful.

My mom just like "Oh he ordered more dolls from Japan" to my dad after receiving the parcels.

Arkadios

'murica, fuck yeah!

Your mom is so cute being happy.

After going through that ATK artbook (amazing by the way) I really want Muramasa Sensei....
Already wanted to get her before but now it is only worse :p

Maybe wait and see what other figures come out for her.

Jesus H. Christ.

Oddly enough, this sums up Evangelion pretty well

'murica, fuck yeah!

Your mom is fucking precious.

Ultimadrago

'murica, fuck yeah!

D'aaaw~ That's great, man.

"Kkkkkkkkk!"

After going through that ATK artbook (amazing by the way) I really want Muramasa Sensei....
Already wanted to get her before but now it is only worse :p

Maybe wait and see what other figures come out for her.

Have any favorite pages to P-*cough*-M?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom