• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
'murica, fuck yeah!

I got something special for you guys. The Plastikitty duo offered to get me a Halloween Miku at NYCC and I gladly accepted. I promised I'd show them mom's reaction when the gets it (if mom accepted, that is). She also allowed me to post it here since "your friends probably all feel the same way when they get a figure they really like."

So there you go, my figures collecting mom
with a side of former One Ring bearer.
I don't think any translation is required haha.
Aw that video is so heartwarming =)

Now...let's continue them nightmares from the past pages ;D
tumblr_nez2g1eAGe1qzdctco1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nez2g1eAGe1qzdctco3_1280.jpg

http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/post/102521139748/usa-11-14
muse_01s.jpg
muse_02s.jpg

http://www.akibaphotography.net/archives/6793
n003.jpg

http://akibahobby-c2.sakura.ne.jp/image.php/20141107/n003.html
tumblr_neytprD6g11qzdctco1_500.jpg

http://ohnoraptors.tumblr.com/post/102514838683
cp_homura_seihuku_main.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000001530/
Kagamine Rin & Len (Senbonzakura)
o0515049213118592804.jpg

From the popular song by Kurousa-P, ‘Senbonzakura’ comes a set featuring both Kagamine Rin and Kagamine Len in their unique outfits from the song! Rin-chan has a prim expression on her face, while the energetic Len-kun is posed in a lovely dynamic pose, ready to capture the hearts of fans around the world!

If you display them together with the previously released Hatsune Miku from the same Senbonzakura series, you can completely recreate Itto Maru’s original illustration in figure form – truly bring out the atmosphere of the song in your collection!
Oooooooooohhh! (´□`。)

Wonderful outfits from the Taisho era!! ♥︎

These outfits come from the famous song ‘Senbonzakura’!

Just look at Rin’s lovely frills, knee-high socks and those shoes with little bells! Len has a school cap, cape and white gloves… it comes together so nicely!

It’s such a unique blend of new and old, Japan and Western styles!

This is how they look from the back! ♥︎
o0515042113118594907.jpg

The outfits are carefully sculpted to match the movement in the twists of their bodies! While they’re both simple standing poses they have a very dynamic feel to them which really brings them to life! (*´∀`*)
------------------------------------------------------------------
o0515040713118592803.jpg

The Senbonzakura world in all its beauty!!╭( ・ㅂ・)و

Enjoy the beauty of Senbonzakura in your very own collection!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
WkWvDhM.jpg

Just got her in.
She's a lot bigger than she looked on the Sideshow website.
And I have Catwoman and Vampirella on order.
Where am I going to display all these?

You happy with her? I had her and Queen of the Dead on pre-order but had to cancel both earlier in the year, I re-ordered Queen of the Dead though, but this one just didn't do it for me anymore after seeing all the in-hand pictures. The proto was gorgeous...

From prototype:
To factory paint job:

You happy with her? I had her and Queen of the Dead on pre-order but had to cancel both earlier in the year, I re-ordered Queen of the Dead though, but this one just didn't do it for me anymore after seeing all the in-hand pictures. The proto was gorgeous...

From prototype:

To factory paint job:

I'm really impressed with the production version. I was truthfully sold on the quality of the sculpt alone. No paint flaws, googly eyes and damaged/poor fitting parts that plague some Sideshow pieces. I didn't care for the prototype hair color and lighter skin, although I can see how anyone who did would be disappointed with the darker hued version ( my piece has tanned skin,brown eyes and auburn rather than fire engine red hair).

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm really impressed with the production version. I was truthfully sold on the quality of the sculpt alone. No paint flaws, googly eyes and damaged/poor fitting parts that plague some Sideshow pieces. I didn't care for the prototype hair color and lighter skin, although I can see how anyone who did would be disappointed with the darker hued version ( my piece has tanned skin,brown eyes and auburn rather than fire engine red hair).

Glad to hear that, the sculpt is awesome, and the darker skin tone is more Red Sonja like anyway. I have a feeling if I got to see her in person I'd be able to let go of what my expectations were, camera's don't capture statues as they look in hand, even with my Hellboy PF, it looks pretty much exactly like the proto, but I can't take a single picture of it I'm happy with.

Hope you find a good place to set her up, and that we get to see the rest of your pre-orders when you get 'em...

Looks like Kotobukiya's Li Syaoran will be going up for pre-order pretty soon, as his MFC page is showing a May release.

Personally, I'm still debating Sakura. But if I get her, I'll grab this one too.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
When do these come out? Are the Figuarts Zero type of figures any good? Are they scale size, or prize figure like?

Or will it be better to wait to see if Megahouse does more males other then the Captain?

When do these come out? Are the Figuarts Zero type of figures any good? Are they scale size, or prize figure like?

Or will it be better to wait to see if Megahouse does more males other then the Captain?

Kind of in-between. They're generally priced around 3k-4k.

Personally, I'd wait to see what MegaHouse comes up with. Even though their quality can be spotty. It's pretty random.

Except I'd definitely grab Starsha, because Megahouse hasn't announced any figures of her yet. They probably will, but just to be on the safe side.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I dream of the day when I'll be able to buy a hot toy

That's a 1/4 Sideshow Premium Format statue, Hot Toys are 1/6 cloth doll/figures made in Hong Kong only imported to Sideshow as a distributor in the west.

Better for your wallet if you don't get into them at all, for me it went something like this...

I got back into collecting when the GSC Samus figure and figma were announced, but to see if they were worth the money for pre-ordering I started looking at Japanese scales to import, the only thing I found that I had any connection to was the Orchid Seed Arshes Nei...

I slowly started building up a collection here and there, and got into Lego as well. The modular buildings, and architecture sets were the hook. So I was collecting a few Japanese figures and buying too much Lego. I always lurked this thread (gotta remember the first figure thread lasted for like 6 -7 years) and saw the Iron Man Mark V Hot Toys and laughed "how much? LOL".

When the Lego Town Hall set was due to come out I was intent on buying it, but I faltered as I didn't really love the look of the building. Instead I realized I was about to drop £150 on a Lego set I didn't love and started looking into other things that money would be put to better use for.

That's when I found a brand new Hot Toys Classic Predator, and made the crazy decision to buy one, it was only £15 more then the Lego set and to me at that time it was worth investing in, if I didn't like it I could always flip it...

I didn't just like it, I loved it, more then Lego, more the Japanese anime figures, etc. I started off with the intent of just getting a Terminator, and an Alien to go with the Predator and that would be me done.

LOL

I got my Terminator (tech noir mms136), and when I started looking for the Alien I found out they had rubber body's and were prone to breaking and falling apart (not to mention they completely made up the sculpt)...

I ended up getting that Mark V Ironman and then never looked back. The whole while looking at Sideshow statues and saying "lol, look at the price of those, never getting any of them", "Enterbay 1/4 figures? £350 WTF?"

Look at me now, I have nearly as many Hot Toys as Japanese Scales, a Sideshow statue (with more on pre-order), Enterbay 1/4th figures, figmas, revoltechs, Disney Infinity figures, 1 Nendo, a few crappy Neca figures, and am currently considering if those Berserk Statues need to be on my shelf or not, and just a post or two ago asking about Figuarts zero figures...

If me posting here means anything, let me be a cautionary tale on self control, focus on what you like and stick to it, or you end up letting yourself be into everything...

Sorry for the wall of text, been drinking tonight...

Kind of in-between. They're generally priced around 3k-4k.

Personally, I'd wait to see what MegaHouse comes up with. Even though their quality can be spotty. It's pretty random.

Except I'd definitely grab Starsha, because Megahouse hasn't announced any figures of her yet. They probably will, but just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for the info, I can't see Megahouse not doing Starsha but I can see how hit and miss the figures are, she could come out bad. Luckily they seem to be doing a Yamamoto Akira ver.2, so I hope they try to make up for the first one.

The sexy space gals are cool and all but I'm hoping for more space guys...

I started with Kotobukiya bishoujo figures, then grabbed a couple of Luis Royo Yamato figures and some CS Moore pieces.
I stumbled into this thread and a couple dozen anime figures later, lol whelp. Being an avid plastic model builder doesn't help. Those Kancolle figures are mighty inviting.
I'm really just getting into Sideshow and a lot of what I like is long sold out ( like pretty much anything Alien related ).
If you think Sideshow is expensive, then whatever you do, don't look at XM Studios work lol.

tauke

I always browse the pre-owned section because I can save money if the value is right-

Doesn't help that my country currency is getting weaker so I always try to save every single Yen if possible.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
That Red Sonja statue is pretty fucking nice. Hope the CotD statues turn out equally as nicely.
Fingers crossed, the latest Sideshow newsletter still doesn't talk about the Queen of the Dead, so even if the site still says November, without a 15 day notice it looks like she'll be delayed again, she was originally scheduled for August.

I started with Kotobukiya bishoujo figures, then grabbed a couple of Luis Royo Yamato figures and some CS Moore pieces.
I stumbled into this thread and a couple dozen anime figures later, lol whelp. Being an avid plastic model builder doesn't help. Those Kancolle figures are mighty inviting.
I'm really just getting into Sideshow and a lot of what I like is long sold out ( like pretty much anything Alien related ).
If you think Sideshow is expensive, then whatever you do, don't look at XM Studios work lol.

Wana post some pics of your collection?

XM Studios, Hollywood Collectible Group, Gentle Giant Honey Trap, if I had a million pounds I'd still be broke buying stuff, I'd just have a much bigger house and a lot of 1/1 scale pieces...

Catherine is tempting, but I'm still trying to recover from last month. :/
She's beautiful but she's still available at a reasonable price, recover while you can. That Arshes Nei is the one you really want...

Why are American scales so expensive.
'Cause the good stuff is all polystone or resin, and limited in number.

I will never browse the pre-owned section again.

I wish I could do that, but I need space galz, and I don't want to pay anymore then I have too to get them. There's a bunch on Mandrake but I gotta cool my jets for a bit, unless it's 50% off or more...

Amiami shipped my Makoto Harada, and Amazon Japan shipped my Rockin' Jelly Bean book, and it looks like my Kier print is due to arrive today with Fedex. That $79 dollar unframed print is gonna cost me $147/ £93...

Gonna have to really think if I want anything more then the upcoming Queen of the Dead print, I originally thought I'd get all the Court of the Dead prints, as I'm not gonna get all the statues, but at this price I'm gonna have to narrow the selection down to only prints of statues I'm getting...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Mass Effect 3 John Shepard collectible on November 20th 9:00AM Hong Kong time at threezerostore.com

Price: 220USD/1700HKD with worldwide shipping included. Orders placed at threezerostore.com will feature interchangeable John Shepard head with likeness to his in-game look.

Lieutenant Commander Shepard is a veteran soldier of the Systems Alliance Navy military and N7-graduate of the Interplanetary Combatives Training (ICT) program, and the first human Citadel Council Spectre, Shepard works to stop "the Reapers", a sentient synthetic-machine race dedicated to wiping out all organic life.

Mass Effect 3 John Shepard details:
*1/6th scale figure stands approximately 12-inches (30.5 cm) tall;
*fully articulated figure based on the look in Mass Effect 3;
*one pair of relaxed palms, one pair of fists, one right palm for holding gun, one left palm for holding rifle are included with the figure;
*lots of attention to details, inducing incredibly detailed mechanic parts, resembling character as seen in the video game;
*comes with highly details weapons:
M8 Avenger
M5 Phalanx
Omni blade

$220, and you have to pay in full and up front to get the unmasked Sheppard head. On the bright side looks like they plan on making a geth...

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Such a huge influx of pre-owned stock today on AmiAmi...

Managed to avoid purchasing anything. Going to take it easy during the holidays. Family comes first. Plus my big October package (arrived yesterday) will keep me happy for a good while anyway.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Already sold out.

Guess they only had a few, hope my order goes through, the whole "we send you an email in a couple of days for payment" thing is weird to me...

Lol guess Baka took the last one.

I hope so...

So that's Mori Yuki, and Yurisha Iscandar on pre-order. Harada Makoto, and Niimi Kaoru at 50% off...

Just looking for Melda Dietz, and Okita Juuzo out of the already released stuff, and hoping the Yamamoto Akira Ver.2 is better then the first one. (if not I'll get the first one)

I want the Saijou Miki too, but as she was an exclusive she might be too pricey. (BTW her figures as young as I'll go in collecting, so that means no plans to pick up Misaki Yuria or Hilde Schultz)

This is why I skip collecting series though, once I fall in I tend to lose my head and need most if not all of them.

Still holding up on the no one piece, no dragonball, no gundam, no persona /smt fronts though...

tauke

So I went to Amazon to preorder the Mega Man Amiibo and the release date crack me up.

4Tylx89.png

Now I'm not sure to preorder ArtFX J Sakura (and soon Syaoran). I know those stuff will be super rare after released but I'm not sure whether I'll be on the move again for early next year.

Or I can just always deliver it to my hometown and let my room slowly transformed into a storeroom for figurines.

Meyneth

I think I'm gonna get 2 Lucina.
1 to display as "Marth" with the short hair.
I have to order 3 of them. One for me, one for my brother, and one for my cousin.
I hope they make something Anna in the future...
Come on good smile! A nendo petit set or something!? ;_;
Maybe with an Emmeryn secret figure??

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Misaki Yuria is on mandrake for 1,500 jpy, they say the box is unopened, but the sealing tape and box are damaged. And if the pictures are anything to go by the box is bin worthy.

But that price, hell you'll pay more for shipping then the figure itself.

I will never browse the pre-owned section again.

Browsing Mandarake is terrible and great.

Great seeing deals on stuff you thought you would never find.

Terrible on my wallet.

In other news, 2 out of my 4 in-transit Mandarake boxes are expected to be delivered today. Hopefully someone will be home to receive them!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Yeah, that one's pricey, I opted for the newer one due out next month.

My wife just came home and told me to buy Misaki Yuria for £8 from Mandrake...

So I did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom