• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any favorite pages to P-*cough*-M?

tumblr_mhbshdXOyC1rtgwjbo1_500.gif

Ultimadrago

Snkpls~

In other news, it seems that Max Factory's Venera-sama has been painted. I'll want a higher-quality image to make final judgement, but that paintjob looks pretty good! Funny thing is that I simultaneously miss the unpainted prototype because of the sweet dark lineart on it. I'd almost just take that were it available!

So yeah, I like the sculpt, but haven't watched the show...It's still in the "Maybe" basket anyways, so I won't be "Shiro-ing" it yet...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
'murica, fuck yeah!

I got something special for you guys. The Plastikitty duo offered to get me a Halloween Miku at NYCC and I gladly accepted. I promised I'd show them mom's reaction when the gets it (if mom accepted, that is). She also allowed me to post it here since "your friends probably all feel the same way when they get a figure they really like."

So there you go, my figures collecting mom
with a side of former One Ring bearer.
I don't think any translation is required haha.

Your mom's awesome!!!

After going through that ATK artbook (amazing by the way) I really want Muramasa Sensei....
Already wanted to get her before but now it is only worse :p

Maybe wait and see what other figures come out for her.

Is the artbook good for someone like me? AKA I like woman
not little girls...

Also Muramasa is still up on Amazon Japan for just over 10k...

Snkpls~

In other news, it seems that Max Factory's Venera-sama has been painted. I'll want a higher-quality image to make final judgement, but that paintjob looks pretty good! Funny thing is that I simultaneously miss the unpainted prototype because of the sweet dark lineart on it. I'd almost just take that were it available!

So yeah, I like the sculpt, but haven't watched the show...It's still in the "Maybe" basket anyways, so I won't be "Shiro-ing" it yet...

I've always wanted one of those prototype "unpainted" paint jobs on my shelf, might have to get a garage kit just to get that look....

Is the artbook good for someone like me? AKA I like woman
not little girls...

Also Muramasa is still up on Amazon Japan for just over 10k...

I really like the book and for the most part you should like it. Depends on what you define that spoiler as...hard to gauge sometimes with the art style :\

Lots of Sansei Muramasa and it is a gorgeous hardcover book.

I saw that she is still up there, I can't justify another figure right now lol. May have to wait.

Were you asking for a PM for links? I thought you were calling me lewd and making a cloth joke again ;)

Meyneth

Bakumatsu Rock, stop with the stationary and get on the figure train already...

Also I'm the worst.
I caved and ordered Sakura, Elin, and Homura

Snkpls~

The show was pretty fun and I'd say I enjoyed it. But I do need to stop buying figures of characters from every Tom, Dick and Harry animu I'm not totally in love with. Gotta start johnsmith'ing it up in here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The development of language died late 2014 only to be replaced by communication through K-On and Nichijou gifs.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I really like the book and for the most part you should like it. Depends on what you define that spoiler as...hard to gauge sometimes with the art style :\

Lots of Sansei Muramasa and it is a gorgeous hardcover book.

I saw that she is still up there, I can't justify another figure right now lol. May have to wait.

Well, I was gonna nab the Rockin' Jelly Bean artbook and was thinking of picking the ATK one up with it, as I love the Muramasa character design, but I'm not sure if I'll get carted off to jail for any of the images in the book?

Ultimadrago

The show was pretty fun and I'd say I enjoyed it. But I do need to stop buying figures of characters from every Tom, Dick and Harry animu I'm not totally in love with. Gotta start johnsmith'ing it up in here.

I'd agree. Death to impulse pre-orders~!

The development of language died late 2014 only to be replaced by communication through K-On and Nichijou gifs.

Imokaywiththis

I will say the fold out of her in the Wedding Dress is uh...rather nice :eek:

One for the bedroom door!

Einbroch

Banned
Someone posted a link to recommended risers before right?

Really need to order some finally.

These look neat as well for Nendos.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/collections/display/cubesCases?productId=10022884&green=D5955140-82DF-584D-A265-660C0B5CD032
That looks too narrow for Nendo bases. The entire thing is less than six inches thick and Nendo bases are two inches each (not including any accessories/weapons/poses that push them over the edge of the base) and there are three steps, meaning each step is only 1.79 inches.

You can take the back step out, but then it's just a glass box.

Caladrius

Don't get my hopes up.

Also, why did they genderbend the main character of Persona 3?

One of the main features of Persona 3 Portable was a female route. Offers up new Social Links and scenes (the former of which benefit from having a much more experienced writing team.)

That looks too narrow for Nendo bases. The entire thing is less than six inches thick and Nendo bases are two inches each (not including any accessories/weapons/poses that push them over the edge of the base) and there are three steps, meaning each step is only 1.79 inches.

You can take the back step out, but then it's just a glass box.

Ah..good point. Guess I will stick with risers for now.

Ultimadrago

I just saw this on Twitter.

An Iori figure illustrated by Oyari?

Oyaripls. Have mercy on me.

Alhough the sculpt aside from the face isn't as nice as I'd like. The person that sculpted, Abiraun, seems to usually do stuff for WAVE so I guess that explains it...a solid effort nonetheless.

Ultimadrago

Aah. That Iori face is very nice. Playboy bunny suit is a little boring though.

Agreed. I saw the face and gasped then saw the rest and was more "Eh".

Certainly an outfit I see Oyari illustrating though. They've unfortunately never been into the more creative or detail-oriented outfits (while having done a few). They're about the simple ones (for worse in this case).

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
Seeking advice from those who already rec'd Kotobukiya's Jason Voorhees...

How did you put the axe in her right hand? I'm worried that I'd break off her thumb.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The Rockin' Jelly Bean artbook is rad.

Just bought it (and only it), shoulda got it before, and I shoulda pre-ordered the Devil's Cheerleader...

Need to start following the John Smith rule myself, I find some of my pre-orders, while nice have ended up costing me some other figures that have more lasting appeal...

Seeking advice from those who already rec'd Kotobukiya's Jason Voorhees...

How did you put the axe in her right hand? I'm worried that I'd break off her thumb.

I just slotted it in between her thumb and fingers angling it towards sliding it under the fingers. I even put it in wrong the first time, and had to pull it out and flip it so the axe was facing up. It's more durable then it feels, but if your worried the best thing is to soften the pvc with a hairdryer for 30 seconds... Just don't set it too high, or hold it too close... Or stick her hand in boiling water to soften it up...

kewlmyc

Oh I would totally dig a P3 Protag/Minato/Makoto fig (Though I would sell my soul for a Chie). Is it just me or is there something really off about that face though

Makoto Yuki has 2 1/10 scales and a prize figure (I have the prize figure, it's decent).

Chie has a pretty damn good scale made by Megahouse, but she was an exclusive so she's hard to find. I have her and she's excellent. http://myfigurecollection.net/item/113941

Einbroch

Banned
The more I stare at the Elin pictures the more I want her.

My February is only 4k and my March is only 7k. I can swing her, right?

...aushdajsndajskdnamksdaksdasdasda.

Ultimadrago

I like Elin themselves, but don't care for the figures. Can't put my finger on it, but if the end result spares my wallet, I'm glad.

FrostyCollects

Neo Member
I just slotted it in between her thumb and fingers angling it towards sliding it under the fingers. I even put it in wrong the first time, and had to pull it out and flip it so the axe was facing up. It's more durable then it feels, but if your worried the best thing is to soften the pvc with a hairdryer for 30 seconds... Just don't set it too high, or hold it too close... Or stick her hand in boiling water to soften it up...

I just took your first suggestion and it worked. Yeah, more durable than I thought. Phew.

Now she's standing next to the just-assembled Persona 3's Mitsuru 1/7. My first twosome from Kotobukiya. Sooo niiice. Time to go ahead and preorder Street Fighter IV's Juri.

Going to assemble Metallica, Shimakaze (ques Q) & Kirigiri 1/8s later tonight.

Yes, my huge October package from AmiAmi came in. :D

Caladrius

I second all of the Persona figure suggestions and would like Summer Kanji and
Human
Teddie (Regular, Velvet room and Beachwear versions. >__>)

I like Elin themselves, but don't care for the figures. Can't put my finger on it, but if the end result spares my wallet, I'm glad.

I definitely like the Elin from Flare, but I don't want to spend 14k on her. If I did, I'd be too tempted to just spring the extra $20 for Labrys instead.

I shouldn't have looked at Kinomoto Sakura's figma figure yesterday, because I bought it on the spot :(
And I'm planning on getting the 2 other figma figures plus the figfix one.

I wonder why they suddenly want to make tons of CCS figures...but hey I won't complain (my wallet will), because it's still my n°1 anime.

First time I'm buying figures to be honest, can't resist Sakura <3 Also hoping her Nendoroid does finally release this month, though I have doubts.

In for Sakura (of course).

Holy shit. I think I like you, very good tastes!

edit: holy hell, just saw Kotobukiya's take on her, plus one from S.H. Figuarts...and they even announced a Li Shaoran by Kotobukiya for May 2015...8 CCS figures I'm planning to get... wallet am cry.

WkWvDhM.jpg

Just got her in.
She's a lot bigger than she looked on the Sideshow website.
And I have Catwoman and Vampirella on order.
Where am I going to display all these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom