• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

I'm so close to preordering Megahouse Dandy and Honey even though I shouldn't.

Help.

Are your finances in order?

If so, buy it.

When you are old and can't work and welfare can't support you, you can sell your figures for food and medication. Better to regret having to do that at the end of your life than go through the rest of your life regretting that you never got them in the first place.

At least, that is my justification for this:

zRYdlHA.jpg

Well, that and the fact that I finally decided to not preorder God Eater Ciel after all.

#
NOT
HELPING

:D
;_;

Now to just find a non-bootleg maiko Madoka (I have figinstock alerts set but if anyone knows of where I can still get one of these please let me know)... RIP my wallet.

meijiko

Decided to cancel two of my November preorders (Vertex Kawoshin and the Union Creative mensHdge Levi). I was just looking at the total of my order and thinking that these two really won't be worth much aftermarket, considering how poor the latest pictures are. I might try to pick them up for cheap after release, but probably not since I don't really have the space.

Plus with the huge influx of CCS merchandise I really need to tone back everything else to keep up.

omlet

You'll be so regretting it when those two hit the bargain bin in a month or two. A lot of MegaHouse stuff does. The Dragon's Crown ladies are a minority.

That's a good point. And if they're not exclusives they probably won't be too hard to find, especially since that show supposedly isn't really that popular in Japan, I think?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I'm so close to preordering Megahouse Dandy and Honey even though I shouldn't.

Help.

Already jumped on them myself, but that they can still be pre-ordered this close to release might mean they can be picked up cheaper later... I just want mine before the holidays, and they won't be in the bargain bin until next year...

If your hesitating, let 'em go...

Nendo Link arrived from Amiami, no customs *dances* XD

Edit: Anyone got a fetish for fishnet stockings and China dress?
Preview: Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuki Mori (Pilot Suit Ver.) 1/8 Complete Figure by MegaHouse
This is Meshi, here to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. Space Battleship Yamato 2199 went back to the future to give modern flair to the old school sensibilities of the all-time classic anime. Today's figure in particular has benefited from this rebirth--the last 40 years have brought amazing leaps in moe technology! Let's dig in!

Yamato Girls Collection - Space Battleship Yamato 2199: Yuki Mori (Pilot Suit Ver.) 1/8 Complete Figure [MegaHouse]

Mio Honda: New Generation Ver. & Event Info!
o0515052713128658990.jpg

Hyahoooooooooooooo!!! (´□`。)

Chanmio with a lovely smile in her sexy white and orange outfit! ♥︎

She should be reaching anyone who ordered her shortly!! I still can’t get enough of those little star accessories from her belt and other areas! The detail on the outfit is amazing!
o0515052613128658840.jpg

Not to mention her adorable winking expression! (*´Д`)

Meyneth

If so, buy it.

When you are old and can't work and welfare can't support you, you can sell your figures for food and medication. Better to regret having to do that at the end of your life than go through the rest of your life regretting that you never got them in the first place.

At least, that is my justification for this:

zRYdlHA.jpg

Well, that and the fact that I finally decided to not preorder God Eater Ciel after all.

#
NOT
HELPING

:D
;_;

Now to just find a non-bootleg maiko Madoka (I have figinstock alerts set but if anyone knows of where I can still get one of these please let me know)... RIP my wallet.
Honestly, I used to be really strict about which figures I bought. If the figure didn't fall within the rules completely I'd pass. But I've come to regret not buying enough of them that I just purchase them anyway now. :/

omlet

Honestly, I used to be really strict about which figures I bought. If the figure didn't fall within the rules completely I'd pass. But I've come to regret not buying enough of them that I just purchase them anyway now. :/

Thanks to my pretty good financial situation in the last year or so, this is becoming me, too... Well, there are much worse things I could be wasting money on. This isn't a cheap hobby but it's pretty benign, all things considered.

Also, please let me know if you notice a maiko Madoka in stock at that place you found yours!

george_us

If so, buy it.

Maybe get one instead of both?

You'll be so regretting it when those two hit the bargain bin in a month or two. A lot of MegaHouse stuff does. The Dragon's Crown ladies are a minority.

Already jumped on them myself, but that they can still be pre-ordered this close to release might mean they can be picked up cheaper later... I just want mine before the holidays, and they won't be in the bargain bin until next year...

If your hesitating, let 'em go...
Yeah my financials are good, I'm more worried about space honestly. I'll probably take Freeza's advice and wait a couple of months to see if they hit the bargain bin.

Yeah my financials are good, I'm more worried about space honestly. I'll probably take Freeza's advice and wait a couple of months to see if they hit the bargain bin.

I'll be surprised if they don't. And the Space Dandy figures look pretty plain compared to other figures MH puts out.

I think MegaHouse may just be flooding the market with too many figures, and that's why a lot of them hit the bargain bin. After release, MH figures hit 5-6k within a couple months. This may also be why MegaHouse has started to move to 1/10 scale for some series.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Why is t he face on that Yuki so weird. Man I want it so bad but that mouth ;_;

To me it looks like she's sucking her lips in, I like it, but I was planning on going with the tongue out look myself, more playful. Then again I'm going for the orca toys Sansei Muramasa, the one everyone else was calling duck faced, I'm the weird one...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
WAHAHA!
HAVE A ROTTEN DAY

*ahem*

If you're looking for Wario, looks like some guys on Amazon have him in stock for $12.99. Not too bad considering how much of a hassle it'll be to hunt him down.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Are we suddenly back to fat Pikachu?

He's not fat, he's big cheeked!

I'm scared that we're suddenly going to get an influx in Poké Doll plushies. I feel obligated to buy them all because it makes my room a Secret Base.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How much are the Pokedolls at Wal Mart?
Pokemon Center has them at $13 and shipping.

I think they were $12.97 each, give or take a few cents. Way too cute to pass up. Strange to find them in Walmart first.

Luigi87

Couldn't figure out a good way to convey...er, well, you know.
PRRRRT

I also found these new Poké Doll plushies at Walmart of all places. Even did a huge comedic double take in awe.

... I think I need to go to Walmart... Those are so friggin adorable.

Busaiku

... I think I need to go to Walmart... Those are so friggin adorable.

You could check out Pokemon Center as well.
Dunno what Wal-Mart has, but there're a bunch of different ones.
I think they were $12.97 each, give or take a few cents. Way too cute to pass up. Strange to find them in Walmart first.
Did they have standard plushies too?
Might start getting there instead of Pokemon Center.

He's not fat, he's big cheeked!

I'm scared that we're suddenly going to get an influx in Poké Doll plushies. I feel obligated to buy them all because it makes my room a Secret Base.

I already started to have some (bought a Chespin when I got X/Y) but I been holding off on making a Pokemon Center order cause I fear how many I would end up getting. >_>

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They only had those four in a hanging box labeled "Pokémon Center". Like the ones LEGO uses for their Minifigure Series. Squirtle seemed like the hardest to find.

I'm so sorry, Figure GAF. I never wanted any of you high-classed Figuarts-level aficionados to think about going to Walmart for toys.
I only go for exclusives and other rare toys. >____>

Busaiku

I already started to have some (bought a Chespin when I got X/Y) but I been holding off on making a Pokemon Center order cause I fear how many I would end up getting. >_>

I mean, in terms of cost, it's honestly not that bad.
Far cheaper than scales and Figmas/Nendoroids.

I'm just freaking out over space.
At the rate I'm going, I'm probably gonna have to throw out my bed next year.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Sleep in a plush bed of Pumpkaboos and Greninjas.

I mean luckily, I only really want a Goomy one and maybe an Espurr one so far.

It just feels like Nendo, once I get one, I don't know when I'll stop.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't figure out a good way to convey...er, well, you know.
PRRRRT

I also found these new Poké Doll plushies at Walmart of all places. Even did a huge comedic double take in awe.

Whoa... they are finally being released in other retailers now??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom