• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

So on that Akagi rice bowl it doesn't say what it is made out of on the amiami listing. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

You're welcome. I saw it this morning in the big update. I think she shows up for a little cheaper on mandarake sometimes, but no telling when that will be.

This sentence:

Don't forget, Gourai comes packaged as a plastic model. You're free shave, paint and puddy her until you have the WMD of your dreams.

is sending shivers down my spine. I suck hard at gunplas, please don't make me have to paint her whole.

StayDead

OMG So Ghetto, the harsh reality of figure collectors, tons of boxed figures with no place to put them.

I've somewhat tidied it back up now. A load of the ones on the floor there are going in big boxes and going to my Dads over the next few days.

Had one bit of good news as I managed to get lat type Miku and my 1/8 Goodsmile Kurisu off of their bases with no issues. Kurisu was a bit tight, but thankfully she came off. I was so worried I was going to break her as she's one of my favourite figures.

arue

Oh that makes me feel better. Hopefully it won't run out by tonight and I'll just order it.
Sorry, it's sold out already.

I ordered it before the item was updated to "Sold Out," but I haven't received a payment email from Amiami, so I'm worried that it might be sold out by the time I ordered it.

Bombless

This sentence:

is sending shivers down my spine. I suck hard at gunplas, please don't make me have to paint her whole.

Yeah it's a kit. I suspect it'll all be grey (except the face which is already painted if i recall correctly). I laughed out loud when I noticed the prototype had striped pantsu painted on.

If this is indeed a new collection I'm so getting more of them. Hopefully Koto will also finally release the damn Usagear. It's been without a release date for almost a year now.

Edit : Also I've now started the Muramasa DLC on Vita and this happened.
B60eVNCIcAAwc7E.jpg:large

Need a Miike-Okoi figure pls Alter. AND MAKE THE DAMN YUZURUHA ALREADY ARRRGHHHH.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to find a way to crop and use that (the whole picture got squished when I tried).

Yeah it's a kit. I suspect it'll all be grey (except the face which is already painted if i recall correctly). I laughed out loud when I noticed the prototype had striped pantsu painted on.

If this is indeed a new collection I'm so getting more of them. Hopefully Koto will also finally release the damn Usagear. It's been without a release date for almost a year now.

tumblr_inline_mo294y7Rbs1qz4rgp.gif

Zerojul

This sentence:

You should be okay (from Koto official site) :

・成型色は色分けがされ、顔はタンポ印刷で印刷済みで、塗装せずに組んだだけでも完成します。

It comes in different colors and the head is pad printed.
I guess like most kits it will benefit from a little touch up here and there, but judging by the quality of their Super Robot Taisen kits for instance, they already look quite good by just putting it together.

On a related note, I'm quite tempted to get it :)

I owe you one.

I guess like most kits it will benefit from a little touch up here and there, but judging by the quality of their Super Robot Taisen kits for instance, they already look quite good by just putting it together.

Phew, thanks for the info.

Bombless

Join me and together we will rule the galaxy at the head of an army of heavily armed girls!

Sorry, it's sold out already.

I ordered it before the item was updated to "Sold Out," but I haven't received a payment email from Amiami, so I'm worried that it might be sold out by the time I ordered it.

boooo, hisssss

back to stalking pre-owned item updates

Mmmh I think Marvel's version of Superman would be Hyperion. Sentry is even more overpowered than that afaik ;) He's batshit crazy, though.

Thanks. I remember when I was an innocent reader and thought that Dr. Manhattan was overpowered.

I almost said that once in a hardcore comic book forum, but somebody did it before me and got torn apart.

Wait, how isn't Dr Manhatten overpowered? Can't he control like all of space and time?

He is strong, but not the "god" that I imagined, after reading some people explain more about him and his feats I understood it better.

Thanos and Darkseid are stronger, IIRC. But I digress, I'm not that good on comics and I might derail this.

Einbroch

Banned
Isn't the Flash like incredibly overpowered?

My friend was discussing this with me over Skype when we were talking about League of Legends champions being overpowered and he made him seem like the most broken piece of garbage ever.

omlet

Well, the deed is done.

Got busy with work so didn't get to post about it earlier this morning, but today after confirming that the preorder wave contained nothing I wanted, I ordered some other stuff from Amiami:

Wo Class 1/8 (Preorder) - Wasn't hyped for this one but I thought about it some more this week and decided I want to go through with it. My collection has nothing like this and the alien design is really eye-catching. Worst case I decide I'm not crazy about her in person and I can probably break even selling it off.

Nendoroid AoT Eren Yeager - Sorry dakkumauji :( They were still in stock after I ordered mine but I guess they were in short supply after all.

Nendoroid KanColle Kirishima (Preorder) - She's the cutest kancolle nendo to date, IMO. Those glasses with that smile are ace.

Nendoroid KanColle Hiei - I want the accessories. What have I become?

Counting everything I have*, pretty much all the shelf space in my DETOLF array is now accounted for. Soon I, too, will be drowning in shipgirls at this rate.

Edit: *have ordered/preordered, I mean.

Isn't the Flash like incredibly overpowered?

My friend was discussing this with me over Skype when we were talking about League of Legends champions being overpowered and he made him seem like the most broken piece of garbage ever.

Yes, IIRC Flash, if he followed some physics rules would be so broken that it wouldn't even be funny.

Search for Infinite Mass Punch and you'll have more answers.

Science is so fun, man I wish I was smarter.

Einbroch

Banned
omlet, just because you didn't find anything in the preowned section that doesn't mean you have to buy something to compensate for it!

omlet

omlet, just because you didn't find anything in the preowned section that doesn't mean you have to buy something to compensate for it!

Hey, I was gonna get those nendos anyway (Gilgamesh is
enjoying his harem
in need of some guy friends in my nendo shelf and Eren has some great alt faces), it was just a matter of if they showed up preowned or not (well besides Kirishima since she's preorder)! Been eyeing mandarake for them (and a couple others) all month.

Wo Class, on the other hand, well... that was more of an impulse buy than the nendos, but I don't think it will be one I regret.

Edit: Oh, and,
MFC says ceramic. COSPAs mugs are ceramic as well.
Thanks. Friend wanted to know. He ordered it upon reading your answer :3

raven777

Need a Miike-Okoi figure pls Alter. AND MAKE THE DAMN YUZURUHA ALREADY ARRRGHHHH.

How is the game? I bought Muramasa on my Vita but never played it yet. I heard you have to play in higher difficult or else the game is a bit too easy.

Bombless

How is the game? I bought Muramasa on my Vita but never played it yet. I heard you have to play in higher difficult or else the game is a bit too easy.

Chaos mode is harsher in the dlc, at least in the Fishy Tales of the Nekomata. I like it better this way though, you have to dodge and evade more, not just button mash. The games themselves are FANTASTIC and Vanillaware's art is utterly gorgeous. The stories are great as well, the OG with the dual stories and Nekomata being at times hilarious and at times really dark.

Acid08

Banned
Put in a couple Mandarake orders. Pray4me Figure-Gaf that it goes through. How long does it usually take for them to send you payment notice?

Chance

Oh God I'd pay so much for that. Specifically in her kitty-kimono.

4.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Mine was less than 3 days. I did one yesterday and I'm still waiting.

You don't have the refresh. If you get a payment request, they pull the figures for you. You can take the full five days to pay, you won't lose your figures.

Or if you knew that and are just joking, NEVERMIND.

omlet

Dang so since it's the weekend there now I won't know until some time next week? :/

They may do business on Saturday (likely). I checked and none of my orders had their payment request come in on Saturday so I can't say for sure.

I was talking about the name with a friend, and we reached the conclusion that Frame Action Girl is not the best name that Kotobukiya could create for it.

Think about it for a second...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom