• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
These finally arrived safe and sound. Good looord that Amazon.
lz5TMlu.jpg
Only problem is I haven't got the space for them, probably should have thought of that before, huh. Guess I'll sacrifice Ryuko, I only got her to pair up with my future glorious Satsuki anyway.

I'd say no, but I don't really like SW to begin with so don't let me stop you, especially with how cheap that one is.

Yeah I don't like SW either, and I usually follow a rule against lewd figs, but considering all the other witches she's not that bad in terms of lewdness. She's also not a loli fig either, so that's a plus. Maybe I could combine her with Raiden and Miku for January, but I'm worried of that going over 300 bucks. If Raiden gets delayed though then that makes things easier.

Edit: fuck, missed my chance on Miku.

omlet

Yeah I don't like SW either, and I usually follow a rule against lewd figs, but considering all the other witches she's not that bad in terms of lewdness. She's also not a loli fig either, so that's a plus. Maybe I could combine her with Raiden and Miku for January, but I'm worried of that going over 300 bucks. If Raiden gets delayed though then that makes things easier.

A few of them, like Sanya, aren't that bad, but the blatant panties display that most of those SW figures are make them easy to say nope to. 2lewd4me.

Well guess there this wolf wise.XD But he was a blizzcon exclusive.

51kWqTgblVL.jpg

Aww, damn it.

Off topic: this producer dude reminds me vaguely of Nozaki-kun.

Off topic 2: Just got a friend interested in shipgirls because of that huge picture with all of them, but he got sad that the focus of the anime is on the small girls (like I did).

Wanderer5

Aww, damn it.

Off topic: this producer dude reminds me vaguely of Nozaki-kun.

I not into warcraft much (but like the art!), but aww damn it indeed.:(

These WoW plushies are reminding me of plush from another MMO heh.

charr-plush-large.jpg

I see the Penny Arcade store still has the Guild Wars 2 Charr plush. He like sold out a while back, then eventually came back, and I couldn't miss out on him. I luv my kitty warrior!X3

I not into warcraft much (but like the art!), but aww damn it indeed.:(

These WoW plushies are reminding me of plush from another MMO heh.

charr-plush-large.jpg

I see the Penny Arcade store still has the Guild Wars 2 Charr plush. He like sold out a while back, then eventually came back, and I couldn't miss out on him. I luv my kitty warrior!X3

Now that's one good looking beast, very nice indeed.

How do you guys sort your shit on the shelves? I picked up 2 DETOLFs this weekend along with a bunch of figures(pics later) and can't get a good feeling on how to group them

I've got one with my dc cover girls on the top, then DC bombshells on the 2nd shelf, then DC artfx stuff on the 3rd with bottom shelf empty for now

Other one is Dragons crown /gaming on top 2, and then everything else kinda crapped into each other on the bottom(bishoujo and final fantasy figures all sorted variously

Should I just put things wherever than can go? Buy more shelves? Buy way more figs so everything blends by brute force?

johnsmith

remember me
How do you guys sort your shit on the shelves? I picked up 2 DETOLFs this weekend along with a bunch of figures(pics later) and can't get a good feeling on how to group them

I've got one with my dc cover girls on the top, then DC bombshells on the 2nd shelf, then DC artfx stuff on the 3rd with bottom shelf empty for now

Other one is Dragons crown /gaming on top 2, and then everything else kinda crapped into each other on the bottom(bishoujo and final fantasy figures all sorted variously

Should I just put things wherever than can go? Buy more shelves? Buy way more figs so everything blends by brute force?

I group stuff from the same series together. Random figures I try to group based on scale/aesthetics.

Speaking of detolf, how is the very top of the shelf? Can it hold a good amount of weight? I've been thinking of getting two, but if I do I need to figure out where I can display my Portal Gun and Lego Star Destroyer.

omlet

Just Googled.

Those Twintails. That Fang.

So adorable~

She is. I would probably have a figure of her if it weren't for that pose. You really can't display her without, well, the display, if you know what I mean. It's a bit of a stretch for me and I just wouldn't feel right with it on my shelves as long as I'm part of civilization. You should get it and take some pics so I can live vicariously through you!

Mine kind of changes as new figures trickle in and I rearrange things.

Here's my setup:
Top row is for large, winged figures that more or less take up an entire shelf. The third from the left is full of nendos right now but next month they will move down make room for Homura.
Below that is: Swordgirl shelf. TYPE-MOON shelf. White-haired-girls shelf. Nanoha shelf.
Below that is: Shelf that will have all 5 Madoka girls in kimono eventually. Beyond that it's just a mixture of things that either for space or theme don't fit in with the above.

In a couple more months once Inshun and Alisha are released I will have 4 speargirls and they will get a shelf of their own next to swordgirls.

Of course.

Speaking of detolf, how is the very top of the shelf? Can it hold a good amount of weight? I've been thinking of getting two, but if I do I need to figure out where I can display my Portal Gun and Lego Star Destroyer.

The top is very sturdy. Sturdier than the glass shelves. However, since they're not enclosed you will probably want to not put anything that would be prone to rolling/tipping off if the shelf is bumped into or if you live where earthquakes happen. Once I finish my 13" raisers to go under my DETOLF array I will probably be moving the LEGO/k'nex to the very top since I don't care as much if they get dusty.

Not exactly pushing it on mine, but I wouldn't want to try my luck with anything heavier than what you see here (actually there's more as this is an old pic, but only a few nendos and petits):

iiNjOuJEAKERd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom