• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a Pidove years ago at a Target so it's not unheard of, just uncommon I guess.

This is quite different. Pokemon plush lesson!!

Jakks plush - partners (an American company) that released Pokemon plush to big retailers from the mid 2000's until just a couple years ago - license was relinquished
(They also made a Pidove)

Tomy Int. - Tomy is a BIG partner to Pokemon and when they went international about a year before XY released, started releasing their figures and plush (just like the Japanese versions) around the globe, and still do

Pokemon Center merch - EXCLUSIVE to the Pokemon Center Japan. They USED to sell online in the mid 2000s, but shut it down (giving the rights to Jakks to distribute). Then did sell exclusive in the US in the Nintendo World Store, Epcot, and kiosks around Seattle area. Only THIS year did they bring back the website, finally selling to a wider consumer base. And now, apparently Walmart??

PokeCen merch are the HIGHEST quality Pokemon plush that you can get your wants on! Jakks started going up in quality, but still not this good. Tomy... sadly went down in quality when they went international :/

Toki767

Number 2158 for Belldandy!

B2cV4iECYAA4Qjd.jpg

tauke

My first Mandarake stuff arrived. And it was Estelle! (bought for 5k too)

She's my very first scaled figurine that I ever bought! Although I'm just sad that the base is very unstable for me and even contacting Alter for a replacement leads to nowhere as it never arrives to my hometown.

I even uploaded a video of it to show to Alter how bad the deformed base.

To make it worse, she's a real bad leaner in my hot humid tropical island weather. She will start leaning after an hour...

tauke

What are the chances of getting bootlegs on Mandarake?
These are individual sellers, and not stores, right?

I bought several doujins from Mandarake and safe to say bootlegs are not an issue. You can always see the notes on the item if there is any particular issue.

Only problem I have with them is that sometimes they label some doujins as R18 when there is none... so it is a pain to talk to them about it. Best you get hold of their English speaking support team as the regular store staff will Google Translate your inquiry.

Phant

5 months ago, I preordered one figure that comes out in December (Devil Homura). I now have 8 figures spread around my house and the first one i ever ordered still won't be here for another 2 months.

Damn you guys!

Looks like I am here forever.

For some reason this kind of makes me wonder just how much anime and video games make up Japan's economy.

Probably a hell of a lot more than it would in America. We don't have full-scale Gundam statues over here. I think anime and manga is somewhat intertwined with Japanese culture.

5 months ago, I preordered one figure that comes out in December (Devil Homura). I now have 8 figures spread around my house and the first one i ever ordered still won't be here for another 2 months.

8 figures? I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

It's going to get worse

Phant

Probably a hell of a lot more than it would in America. We don't have full-scale Gundam statues over here. I think anime and manga is somewhat intertwined with Japanese culture.

8 figures? I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

It's going to get worse

I should clarify, that is 8 figures that have arrived. Still many more on the way.

I should clarify, that is 8 figures that have arrived. Still many more on the way.

Yeah, my statement still stands. XD

I think I'm finally at a point where I can pass on a lot of things. I didn't even order that gorgeous Kotobukiya Sakura. Or that cute Elin from Flare.

omlet

So regarding Kyoko Kirigiri, I know a few of you got it, how did Phat do on it? I don't have any figs from them. It's back in stock at amiami and I'm considering it...

Also, what's that with her knees...they look like ugly seams in photos but are they just knee-socks with non-distinct paint?

So regarding Kyoko Kirigiri, I know a few of you got it, how did Phat do on it? I don't have any figs from them. It's back in stock at amiami and I'm considering it...

Also, what's that with her knees...they look like ugly seams in photos but are they just knee-socks with non-distinct paint?

I think she's pretty nice.

Bulky in area size due to that table.

Those are knee-socks that are white sticking out of her boots. The only real bad seam is her hair though, it's really noticeable.

It's also kinda annoying sticking her butt onto the table too due to her hair, lol

Sell me yours for less than amazon jp price :D?

Eh, I don't think I'd part with her. Not when I paid like, 8k or something.

Watch Freeza-kun say the same thing about Himeji Castle.

Could you imagine? If that shit happened, that would be the end of me buying anything outside of bishoujos and comic-related statues.

I think she looks fantastic. Spot-on with the prototype pics. As for the kneesocks, they only come up to just a smidge above the top of her boot. I think her knees look fine.

Thinking I might pick up that Kirigiri figure before it sells out again (big fan of both of the games).

Tempted by that Nanami figure that's supposed to release next month also...

Arclaid

Link Nendo and Alter Makoto finally arrived yesterday. Huzzah.

This is quite different. Pokemon plush lesson!!

Curler-sensei, the resident expert on all things Pokemon.

I was pretty big on collecting Pokemon plush about 4 years ago. Mainly Pokedolls and Canvas plush, a couple of Pokemon Time plush, and a few Tomy/Banpresto ones. Had to cut right back because it was getting expensive. Will need to grab the recent Froakie and Chespin snowman plush and some of the upcoming Secret Base Pokedolls, though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Curler-sensei, the resident expert on all things Pokemon.

I was pretty big on collecting Pokemon plush about 4 years ago. Mainly Pokedolls and Canvas plush, a couple of Pokemon Time plush, and a few Tomy/Banpresto ones. Had to cut right back because it was getting expensive. Will need to grab the recent Froakie and Chespin snowman plush and some of the upcoming Secret Base Pokedolls, though.

^^ Yeah I've been cutting back a lot with my collection too. Whenever I get a lot of free time, I'm going to thin out and sell a chunk of it. Will be hard, but I only really collect a few sets now. I'm even getting rid of my zukans :x Well, I'll probably keep one or two. The paint jobs are hit-or-miss each set and well, I fear for pieces so tiny :x I remember seeing someone's collection of zukans they had in a glass case, and when that abnormal earthquake hit on the east cost a couple years back, they lost so many of the teeny tiny pieces :/ Besides, Tomy MCs are a more reasonable size, and the international editions have REALLY improved over the year!

...still lots of plush I want :x I posted the Pikachu wearing a Mega Charizard Y parka plush on the last page. I needs that...

Zerojul

Finally got my D-Arts Elisabeth and Thanatos. Thanatos looks awesome, and Elisabeth seems much better than I feared. Can't wait to display then on my work desk :)
Got a cheap-ish Naruto SHF on the side. The plain face looks horrible (it looks like the guy has lipstick, oiroke-no-jutsu style), the "action faces" are passable, the smiling face looks ok. The rest is pretty much SHF standard (joints, joints and more joints, but very poseable).

apricot

I also found these new Poké Doll plushies at Walmart of all places. Even did a huge comedic double take in awe.

Oh, I'm pretty sure I have the same Bulbasaur! I got him at Tokyo PokeCen this summer :D

Also, just ordered this punk:

132926.jpg

I don't even LIKE him, but his pose is hot and he's only 4.8k yen (dat exchange rate)

Slowly spiralling down the hole of scaled figs

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
LOL Mandrake asked for payment for Misaki Yuria (£19) before Hobby Search did for Niimi Kaoru... Mandrake usually takes a lot longer for payment requests, guess they wanted to get rid of her.

In other news:

My Kier print didn't show up yesterday even if FedEx said it was supposed to, after double checking the damn thing got stuck in customs... Seems that in the last month or so UK customs is fucking over everyone (what else is new) using FedEx.

Sideshow gets a discounted FedEx rate to ship things to Europe, but now the UK customs people are saying that the discount isn't valid and they are charging more tax at a rate they seem to think the package being sent would cost. In other words they are trying to charge us for money not fucking spent, as well as pulling a random number out of their ass over shipping cost.

FedEx says there is nothing they can do about, and Sideshow said they would look into it, don't see what Sideshow can do if FedEx says there is nothing they can do.

I can't even guess how much the $79 print is gonna cost me now, but I was already feeling like it was too much as it was at $147 (after shipping/import tax/fed ex fee), now that it'll be even more I'm more then likely done with prints from Sideshow.

I'm all ready in for Queen of the Dead PF, the Kier PF, and I'll still pre-order the Oglavaeil PF as he's the other one I can live with the undisclosed extra fee, but the Death Siren PF, and Cleopsis PF are both questionable until I can guesstimate their overall cost.

Link Nendo and Alter Makoto finally arrived yesterday. Huzzah.
And huzzah to your full membership finally, guess your regular posting here helped =)
tumblr_mg9kh1QMnO1rvwq31o1_400.gif

Oh, I'm pretty sure I have the same Bulbasaur! I got him at Tokyo PokeCen this summer :D

132926.jpg

I don't even LIKE him, but his pose is hot and he's only 4.8k yen (dat exchange rate)

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

;D

Nendoroid Kiryuin Satsuki, Nendoroid Toon Link and my Kirigiri Kyoko figure arrived todayyy! Nice way to start my weekend. Will have pics real soon.

Meyneth

Thanks to my pretty good financial situation in the last year or so, this is becoming me, too... Well, there are much worse things I could be wasting money on. This isn't a cheap hobby but it's pretty benign, all things considered.

Also, please let me know if you notice a maiko Madoka in stock at that place you found yours!
Oh, of course
I've got a tab open to refresh whenever I check my phone.

Also, what does everyone do with their damaged nendos/nendo petits?
I'm browsing amiami and mandarake, and all the ones that come up for order are nice newish ones..

Busaiku

132926.jpg

Thank goodness I steeled myself where I absolutely will not buy character goods for characters I don't know/like.

Vlaphor

Thank goodness I steeled myself where I absolutely will not buy character goods for characters I don't know/like.

I've made the same pledge...but I still want to buy him. I probably would if the shipping from AmiAmi would be reasonable, and I could use paypal credit. Otherwise, I just paid $110 for a Christie Monterio, so I gotta chill for a bit.

132926.jpg

nope, not going down the rabbit hole of utapri figures.

especially if I refused to buy Otoya, I'm not buying anyone else I like less

Zomba13

So I'm a bit of a noob at all this collecting. You know, finding the best place to get them for the best price in the UK, shopping around etc. I have a few I've gotten from eBay or Amazon sellers and they've all been legit ones as far as I can tell.

Anyway, browsing stuff on Amazon too see if they had the World of Nintendo figures on amazon.co.uk (I want the Mario and Yoshi to add to my "Smash Bros roster") and I saw a Figma Pit for £9.95 with free postage from "new japan" listed as new. I grabbed it immediately (next cheapest in the list was like £80). Will this be a bootleg one? I mean, for that price I kinda don't mind as long as it doesn't fall apart and looks close enough. Is there a way to tell when it arrives if it's bootleg or not?

For less than £10 seems likely it'll be a bootleg but checking MFC there hasn't been a bootleg version of Pit reported there. When the Pit Figma and Dark Pit came out they were around 3400JPY so that's about £18-20.

If you search on YouTube I believe there'll be videos on how to spot a fake Figma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom