• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

I say this to everyone who just wants to get their toes wet. Get Shimakaze and Amatsukaze. They're the only ones out (or for preorder) that have unique designs. All the others are simply too similar to eachother.

That and the abyssal girls/bosses. Holy moly what I would pay for some boss girl Nendos.

I don't know about those two. You right that they have pretty unique designs, but I not sure I like them much. I actually like Wo-class a bit, but it seems her nendoroid was exclusive, and it been bit harsh in the aftermarket, and no scale figures for me.:p

Everytime that I see this picture I remember that Jaws quote:

"We're going to need a bigger boat port."

XD

Amatsukaze figma is coming in march...I have no figures scheduled for march. And that garterbelt... jesus christ.

giphy.gif

Too bad she's moefied, if she was older like Musashi...oh boy.

Srsly. Musashi is the only boat girl I've seriously considered. I might still get her because dat dark skin.

If I ever make a bet about buying shipgirls, the day I will lose is when they announce a Bismarck and a Musashi figma.

I would gladly put on a embarassing avatar for one of them, no shame.

omlet

What does the 5k version come with?

It's the GSC shop version. You can tell by the picture of the box. It has a slip cover over it with special artwork. Several (all?) of the kancolle nendos got this treatment.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166270
"All orders of Nendoroid Shimakaze from the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP will includes Special Sleeve and Special Nendoroid Stand."

Regular (3k) http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1549554.html
Exclusive (5k) http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1589617.html

If anyone could PM me if they see a Kaga Nendo go up preowned I'd be eternally greatful.

http://figinstock.com/
Mandarake: ねんどろいど 加賀
Amiamia: nendoroid kaga

FWIW she's like $45 on amazon with free shipping which is a better price than an unopened one from mandarake if you're in the US. You could wait for an opened one but you still won't be saving much.

Too bad she's moefied, if she was older like Musashi...oh boy.

What does this mean? :v All of kancolle is moeified.

Best mature shipgirl is Unryuu.

I almost posted an Archer gif here but it would be too crass, even for me.

I guess lolified would be better then? I mean that she's too young for me, I like my figures a bit more mature, age does wonders to a woman's body.

Put figma shipgirls into the figma tank = world implodes?

Don't know, but you bet that if I have the money I'll do that.

Fixed that for you.

Unfortunately you're right. But I plan on staying strong.

StayDead

It's the GSC shop version. You can tell by the picture of the box. It has a slip cover over it with special artwork. Several (all?) of the kancolle nendos got this treatment.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166270
"All orders of Nendoroid Shimakaze from the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP will includes Special Sleeve and Special Nendoroid Stand."

Regular (3k) http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1549554.html
Exclusive (5k) http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1589617.html

http://figinstock.com/
Mandarake: ねんどろいど 加賀
Amiamia: nendoroid kaga

FWIW she's like $45 on amazon with free shipping which is a better price than an unopened one from mandarake if you're in the US. You could wait for an opened one but you still won't be saving much.

qj95E1c.png

lol no ;_;

omlet

I guess lolified would be better then? I mean that she's too young for me, I like my figures a bit more mature, age does wonders to a woman's body.

Gotcha. Well, most of them look at least like teens to me (with a few exceptions, but Amatsukaze is not one of them) so I'd still nitpick that choice of words, too, but I do get what you mean now and this is not the place for me to start a drawn out war about semantics.

qj95E1c.png

lol no ;_;

I'm sorry :(

Better set up that figinstock notification, then! It will be faster than a GAF PM, I'm sure.

First of the 4 figures I ordered :)

I probably wont open it until I can get myself a Detolf from Ikea.

get-attachment81raa.jpg

I love this figure, it was the first one I displayed once we got into our house

The SDCC exclusive old school costume is beautiful too

I've seen random persona 4 figures but does anyone have their own personal list of the ones they really like? I thought the swimsuit ones for chie and mitsuru posted a few pages back were fantastic but they're sold the hell out(I didn't know those blogs existed to taunt me)

We only have the Elizabeth and an aigis nendo but really would like to get a whole bunch, but not sure of the quality of some of the releases I can find on eBay and stuff

Bii

She is. I would probably have a figure of her if it weren't for that pose. You really can't display her without, well, the display, if you know what I mean. It's a bit of a stretch for me and I just wouldn't feel right with it on my shelves as long as I'm part of civilization. You should get it and take some pics so I can live vicariously through you!

Mine kind of changes as new figures trickle in and I rearrange things.

Here's my setup: http://i.imgur.com/ZOZOpNl.jpg
Top row is for large, winged figures that more or less take up an entire shelf. The third from the left is full of nendos right now but next month they will move down make room for Homura.
Below that is: Swordgirl shelf. TYPE-MOON shelf. White-haired-girls shelf. Nanoha shelf.
Below that is: Shelf that will have all 5 Madoka girls in kimono eventually. Beyond that it's just a mixture of things that either for space or theme don't fit in with the above.

In a couple more months once Inshun and Alisha are released I will have 4 speargirls and they will get a shelf of their own next to swordgirls.

Of course.

The top is very sturdy. Sturdier than the glass shelves. However, since they're not enclosed you will probably want to not put anything that would be prone to rolling/tipping off if the shelf is bumped into or if you live where earthquakes happen. Once I finish my 13" raisers to go under my DETOLF array I will probably be moving the LEGO/k'nex to the very top since I don't care as much if they get dusty.

What kind of lighting are you using for your Detolfs?

Gotcha. Well, most of them look at least like teens to me (with a few exceptions, but Amatsukaze is not one of them) so I'd still nitpick that choice of words, too, but I do get what you mean now and this is not the place for me to start a drawn out war about semantics.

No problem, I understand what you're saying. I'll just say "too young for my taste" then, no predefined name.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

omlet

What kind of lighting are you using for your Detolfs?

Those are DIODER light strips from IKEA. They are basically made with DETOLF in mind (though of course you could use them for other things). Here's the post detailing how I set them up.

They are a softer white LED light. Most of my recent pictures in this thread have been taken with just them (and room ceiling light) as the light source because I haven't gotten a good light setup for my tent yet.

Ryuuroden

I really need to buy a detolf from IKEA one of these days. It's just that the money I'd spend on detolf is money I could be spending on buying a figure.

I have an extra detolf under my bed that I will put together someday. I have shelving space out the wazzoo right now so no need for it now. If I did put it together, I would use it. It's just I do not want to further clutter my area with displays at the moment. Right now I have 5 and 1/2 Vitsjo's, 1 Metal shelving unit (size of a Vitsjo), 1 Full size Billy with Glass, 2 Detolfs (1 in use), 1 Hemnes Bookcase (need a second one, books are overflowing on the one I have), and a 6 foot by 6 foot DVD unit.

My figures are relegated to 1 Vitsjo, 1 Billy, and shared space with LEGO in the detolf. The rest of the shelving is for LEGO minus the Hemnes and DVD unit.

Toki767

I have an extra detolf under my bed that I will put together someday. I have shelving space out the wazzoo right now so no need for it now. If I did put it together, I would use it. It's just I do not want to further clutter my area with displays at the moment. Right now I have 5 and 1/2 Vitsjo's, 1 Metal shelving unit (size of a Vitsjo), 1 Full size Billy with Glass, 2 Detolfs (1 in use), 1 Hemnes Bookcase (need a second one, books are overflowing on the one I have), and a 6 foot by 6 foot DVD unit.

My figures are relegated to 1 Vitsjo, 1 Billy, and shared space with LEGO in the detolf. The rest of the shelving is for LEGO minus the Hemnes and DVD unit.

Part of my main reason for not buying a detolf is also because I don't think it would fit in my Corolla. They seem pretty long.

omlet

Part of my main reason for not buying a detolf is also because I don't think it would fit in my Corolla. They seem pretty long.

I drive a compact car and a detolf will fit in it no problem if I fold the back seat down. The boxes are about 6 feet long so they go from the back of the trunk to the back of the front passenger seat.

Toki767

I drive a compact car and a detolf will fit in it no problem if I fold the back seat down. The boxes are about 6 feet long so they go from the back of the trunk to the back of the front passenger seat.
Not sure folding my back seat is an option since it's not exactly a hatchback or anything.

Ryuuroden

Not sure folding my back seat is an option since it's not exactly a hatchback or anything.

I have a Ford Focus non hatchback and it all fits in the car if I put down the back seat. You don't need a hatchback to slide something in. The Detolf box is really thin, less than 2 inches thick. Just check the Ikea site for package measurements and then measure your car. Ikea makes everything really transportable (before its put together) for a reason. The reason being, unless your lucky, you usually have a few hours drive to get to your closest Ikea.

Same here >.<

My seats don't fold down in my Evo but luckily I can just go and borrow my parents van to go and pick one up.

I need to slow down on my purchases >.<

yami4ct

Last two deluxes of the Transformers Combiner Wars Wave 1 came from Amazon today!

Individual bots are all about as good as they can be. The Aerialbots are less interesting designs to me, but they do work here. Firefly is easily my favorite because I super dig his head design and colors, but most people I see don't like him as well as the others so what do I know? Dragstrip is inherently way more interesting than the Aerialbots. He has way more personality. His colors and transformation are also far more interesting.

And here's Superion himself! Well, mostly. Dragstrip's standing in for Air Raid who'll be hitting next month in Wave 2. Superion is perhaps the best 5 piece combiner Hasbro has ever done. He has a great amount of detail and a surprising amount of posability. The upper body is wonderfully posable with almost every joint you could want. Great shoulder ratchets and the leg joints of the individual bots work great as elbows. Lower body is more limited due to the lack of ankle tilts and where the ratchets fall. It's hard to pose the lower part without doing a "Superion stepping up onto something" pose.

Positives:
-Great amount of paint.
-Super nice plastic quality, the likes of which I haven't seen on TF's in a while.
-Fun transformations between bot, limb and vehicle modes
-Good posability for a combiner
-Really nice classic, but still updated to be a bit more modern head sculpt for Superion.

Negatives:
-Lower body of the combiner is a bit weird on the posability end.
-Individual aerialbots are basically identical in terms of transformation.
-Individual bot weapons do nothing in combined mode
-Legs are a bit stubby, leading to a some gorilla style proportions
-Combiner pegs on the individual figures are different colors, which leads to a bit mishmash in color scheme that sort of bugs me.
-Wish Silverbolt's fists had a compartment they could fold into in torso mode, as they just kind of hang on the back of the legs.

On the Side:
-Alpha Bravo replacing Slingshot has bugged a lot of people. He's a really great figure, so I don't really care. Creates nice variety among the team too. I also dig all the remold potential. Easy to see Blades, Vortex or even Blast-Off coming from that toy. I can see why it bugs some, but I'm fine with it.

That may seem like a lot of negatives, but they're extremely minor nitpicks for me. He's an incredible toy, way better than Hasbro has been doing for a some time. If you're at all a fan of Transformers, you should get these guys. He's just so fun. Cannot wait to complete the Stunticons now.

Wanderer5

Kaga on amazon is tempting heh, especially after I saw she comes with a kotatsu table. Even if I don't get Akagi, I could probably have some fun with Red and the starters too for the table.

Toki767

I have a Ford Focus non hatchback and it all fits in the car if I put down the back seat. You don't need a hatchback to slide something in. The Detolf box is really thin, less than 2 inches thick. Just check the Ikea site for package measurements and then measure your car. Ikea makes everything really transportable (before its put together) for a reason. The reason being, unless your lucky, you usually have a few hours drive to get to your closest Ikea.

Ah, yeah. My back seat doesn't fold down so it's probably going to be an issue for me. I guess I could possibly fold down my passenger seat and just see it'll fit that way. I'm lucky enough to live about 15 minutes from an IKEA, although I do have to cross a bridge to get there.

Wanderer5

Basically what sold me on getting one.

Yeah for the price Amazon has (plus I still have student prime for a bit more) on it, think that pretty good for a awesome looking nendoroid and a table.

And on different note since I planning to look into Snow Miku 2015, I just want some clarification. So for preorders on the GSC store, you reserve at the time slot given but you can pay for it whenever till they start shipping out the figure is that correct? Does this applies to the Snow Mikus, or do you have to pay right there and then before the end of the preorder time slot?

Wanderer5

Kaga ordered! Should arrive by Thursday.

Now I want to see the show now which will then probably push me into getting more of the figures!
Nah I not going to let that happen.:p

Kaga ordered! Should arrive by Thursday.

Now I want to see the show now which will then probably push me into getting more of the figures!
Nah I not going to let that happen.:p

I have 6 Nendos already and that was before the show even aired.

tumblr_nhve6gshuY1rfqtsro1_500.gif

Many more on order too

javac

I take it Motoko is releasing soon? Not sure if I should put my money towards the Amiibo or her...why does everything have to release at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom