• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly pushing it on mine, but I wouldn't want to try my luck with anything heavier than what you see here (actually there's more as this is an old pic, but only a few nendos and petits):

iiNjOuJEAKERd.jpg

Ah, I forgot that there was wood on the top. That would make things a lot more easy and safe.

Speaking of detolf, how is the very top of the shelf? Can it hold a good amount of weight? I've been thinking of getting two, but if I do I need to figure out where I can display my Portal Gun and Lego Star Destroyer.

I have a green lantern power battery replica on top of one of mine , 10 pounds and I don't feel comfortable going over that, really

Toki767

I really need to buy a detolf from IKEA one of these days. It's just that the money I'd spend on detolf is money I could be spending on buying a figure.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
She is. I would probably have a figure of her if it weren't for that pose. You really can't display her without, well, the display, if you know what I mean. It's a bit of a stretch for me and I just wouldn't feel right with it on my shelves as long as I'm part of civilization. You should get it and take some pics so I can live vicariously through you!

What about a cute version instead~

Ultimadrago

She is. I would probably have a figure of her if it weren't for that pose. You really can't display her without, well, the display, if you know what I mean. It's a bit of a stretch for me and I just wouldn't feel right with it on my shelves as long as I'm part of civilization. You should get it and take some pics so I can live vicariously through you!

I hear you. I'm the same way with my figures though (which is why I also refuse to purchase many of the titty monsters posted here), so we'll both have to live vicariously through MFC!

I love it...except for her wide open pantsu shot >.>

Shimapanpls

Einbroch

Banned
Miku scales
-
-
Miku Nendos
-
-
Set Nendos (K-ON, LL!, KanColle)
-
-
All other Nendos

I'm almost overflowing, gonna need a second bookshelf pretty soon.

SoldnerKei

Off topic: I guess that starting to collect Rei Ayanami figures would be a bad thing to my wallet, right? It is not like I'm her fan, but she was one of the few things that I liked in Evangelion (the OG one).

I wanted to do that with Yui(K-On) and Sayaka(Madoka) and gave up because there are way too much figures :u

I wanted to do that with Erza Scarlet, but her Hakama figure it's nowhere to be found at a reasonable price, the cheapest I have seen her is 18,000 yens on mandarake

no luck so far in starting a collection of a certain character xD

I wanted to do that with Yui(K-On) and Sayaka(Madoka) and gave up because there are way too much figures :u

I wanted to do that with Erza Scarlet, but her Hakama figure it's nowhere to be found at a reasonable price, the cheapest I have seen her is 18,000 yens on mandarake

no luck so far in starting a collection of a certain character xD

My friend told me once to "create a Saber collection", before I started buying many figures. Now I know that he was a big troll.

NEO0MJ

These finally arrived safe and sound. Good looord that Amazon.

Only problem is I haven't got the space for them, probably should have thought of that before, huh. Guess I'll sacrifice Ryuko, I only got her to pair up with my future glorious Satsuki anyway.

bjAExLr.jpg

Wait ,what's the story behind the Solaire and Lautrec statues?

Also, after some delays my nuclear haul is finally coming next week, in preparation I went looking for acrylic risers for my Detolf and I was horrified that getting 2 acrylic risers equals a Detolf itself and I am not paying 20$+ for a riser so I went to Dollarama (Canadian equivalent of the Dollar Store) and ended up buying some glasses for like 1.25$ each and I am pretty happy with the result.

mazinger1vijs5.jpg

These are cheap more than fit the bill, the rest of glasses I bought are waiting for my haul next week.

Yay, another Mazinger fan! Did you consider picking up the Fewture Ex Gokin versions?

Wanderer5

KanColle looks interesting, but I not sure if I want to get into it cause it might push me to at least get either the nendoroid or figma of Akagi.XD

omlet

KanColle looks interesting, but I not sure if I want to get into it cause it might push me to at least get either the nendoroid or figma of Akagi.XD

The anime didn't make me do it but I must confess that I ordered her nendo last week from mandarake when one popped up for a decent price. (Edit: And I ordered Kaga, too, from a legit US store's amazon storefront [RAC] so that I could get free shipping for some pet supplies. Their price for Kaga actually beat the manda/ami price when you factor in s/h [5k+ for unopened on mandarake with shipping on top of that]. Plus it saves me a trip to the busiest part of town to get to the pet store, so it was really win/win! Or so I'm telling myself. Akagi, on the other hand, was far cheaper on mandarake.)
Man, I'm itching to do an avatar bet, never done that before, but I don't follow any sports or anything competitive to bet on.

Which FigureGAF wallet sinks first sounds like something you could bet on. Or maybe since we're all in the process of sinking, a better bet would be something like who is the next person to fall prey to KanColle figures.

Which FigureGAF wallet sinks first sounds like something you could bet on. Or maybe since we're all in the process of sinking, a better bet would be something like who is the next person to fall prey to KanColle figures.

The first one to buy a shipgirl, who hasn't yet. That would be one cool bet.

Though almost everybody that wanted to buy shipgirls has done that already...

NEO0MJ

Handmade by an artist. It's been a while since I got these so I'm not sure if he still makes them.

Kinda expected that. Oh well. Congrats on getting them. While I' not sure I would buy those two I would love to own a good representation of Artorias or Sir Alonne.

The first one to buy a shipgirl, who hasn't yet. That would be one cool bet.

Though almost everybody that wanted to buy shipgirls has done that already...

Probably. I mean, they're designed for a specific kind of collector after all.

SoldnerKei

if those 2 are from KanColle...

that would be pretty much me :'D
still, I know nothing about KanColl, I joke about how it's better than Touho because it annoys a friend who is a die-hard Touho fan and KanColl hater lel, is the anime any good?

My friend told me once to "create a Saber collection", before I started buying many figures. Now I know that he was a big troll.

that's a really mean thing to do!

Settin

Man, I'm itching to do an avatar bet, never done that before, but I don't follow any sports or anything competitive to bet on.

:\

I want to do one as well but there's no stakes for me. I can't think of anything that would bother me to have as an avatar that wouldn't break GAFs rules.

Wanderer5

The anime didn't make me do it but I must confess that I ordered her nendo last week from mandarake when one popped up for a decent price.

I probably would look more into the Kaga nendoroid actually if, if I had to force myself to get just one if the time comes (which will fail probably).XD

But anyway.

that's a really mean thing to do!

Haha, he is mean. Later on he tried to convince me to start buying Miku figures.

I want to do one as well but there's no stakes for me. I can't think of anything that would bother me to have as an avatar that wouldn't break GAFs rules.

I would be fine with most things, except maybe something too moe.

Probably. I mean, they're designed for a specific kind of collector after all.

Yeah.

Wanderer5

Bookmark this URL for your own
doom
good.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/e...all&keyword=ねんどろいど+艦これ&searchStrategy=keyword

Look, there's another Akagi for sale for a reasonable price!

No thanks, just no thanks.:p

I think the problem for me regarding KanColle is not because there so many figures but that there seems to be an emphasis of pairs with these figures, like Kaga and Akagi, or there those heavy cruisers, who hell, has special arms for them to holds hands. So like okay maybe for me Kaga will do, but then that emphasis on her and Akagi could sink in.:p But well if I spread them out, it might not be so bad, but I have like three other nendoroids I want to keep a out for.:p

Einbroch

Banned
No thanks, just no thanks.:p

I think the problem for me regarding KanColle is not because there so many figures but that there seems to be an emphasis of pairs with these figures, like Kaga and Akagi, or there those heavy cruisers, who hell, has special arms for them to holds hands. So like okay maybe for me Kaga will do, but then that emphasis on her and Akagi could sink in.:p

I say this to everyone who just wants to get their toes wet. Get Shimakaze and Amatsukaze. They're the only ones out (or for preorder) that have unique designs. All the others are simply too similar to eachother.

That and the abyssal girls/bosses. Holy moly what I would pay for some boss girl Nendos.

Kinda expected that. Oh well. Congrats on getting them. While I' not sure I would buy those two I would love to own a good representation of Artorias or Sir Alonne.

Not to stray salt in your wounds, but my friend who got me these told me there were 3 Artorias statues as well (one was with Sif).
If it's something you'd want I can check with my friend to get some information about the artist. It's probably going to set you back at least 200$ for one alone though.

NEO0MJ

Not to stray salt in your wounds, but my friend who got me these told me there were 3 Artorias statues as well (one was with Sif).
If it's something you'd want I can check with my friend to get some information about the artist. It's probably going to set you back at least 200$ for one alone though.

I won't lie, I'm interested. If you can PM some more info about them I'd really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom