• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

Nooo, woke up to find mandarake cancellation email for Akagi nendo. :( The hunt continues!

Also, I recently discovered that this exists...
183893.jpg

Also also, does anyone want a free figure? Just asking for a little shipping compensation. She's been in my closet for years so if someone actually wants her she'd be better off...

Edit: Also also also, World is Mine Miku for 7k on mandarake if someone was looking for it! http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1958309.html

• Stopped eating breakfast
  • Cut down on my admittedly large lunch
  • Ate ramen for dinner 3 nights a week
  • Switched to drinking only tap water
Change that to
  • Eat an egg or two for breakfast, cheap and easy
  • Pack/make your own lunches
  • Ate ramen for dinner 1 night a week and the rest of the time make your own more balanced and affordable meals instead of eating out
  • Switched to drinking only tap water
and you have a good plan

Then I thought to myself: "Welp, no sins gals for me then. I guess I'll plunge on the Abyss ship girls." GSC Wo-class is closed for pre-orders.

That didn't take long.

Kind of tempted to get Nimbus of the endless night to go along with my Ignis of the endless winter, which aside from the base I really like.

Do it! Max Factory's Ignis was my first figure and I still really like it. I don't have either of those but I have seen them before and they are pretty impressive.

cajunator

Banned
Im kinda concerned. Its january 13th and theres no sign of any of the 6 figures supposedly getting released this month. Are they all going to suddenly release and hit my wallet at once? Hopelly a couple get another delay.

kewlmyc

Hmm that makes me curious. Need to do some research on my January order. I am hoping for a delay or two...to be honest.

Waiting on word for my scales....all Nendos seem to be confirmed for this month

Scales
Phat Satsuki - High probability of a delay
7th Dragon Samurai recolor
Dungeon Travelers 2 Ouritsu - Alter so...ya hopefully delayed

Got my payment request for Alter's Natsume Takashi Renewal early this morning. I'm honestly surprised it was only delayed 2 months from the initial release date. I'm so excited right now as I've mentioned in the thread prior that this is a remake of a figure I've wanted for such a long time now. I have no room on my shelves, but I'm making room specifically for this! Almost wish I didn't pick SAL, but it was about 1,000 yen cheaper so I won't be seeing him until probably the end of the month. It's something I can look forward to, at least!

Got my payment request for Alter's Natsume Takashi Renewal early this morning. I'm honestly surprised it was only delayed 2 months from the initial release date. I'm so excited right now as I've mentioned in the thread prior that this is a remake of a figure I've wanted for such a long time now. I have no room on my shelves, but I'm making room specifically for this! Almost wish I didn't pick SAL, but it was about 1,000 yen cheaper so I won't be seeing him until probably the end of the month. It's something I can look forward to, at least!

Very awesome to get a figure you have been wanting for so long.

I was ecstatic when I finally got a order in for Momohime. She is one of those figures that if I ever get out of the hobby and sell she will be kept.

The game sold extremely well and the in-game character models already lend themselves to nendos quite well. If Freedom Wars and God Eater can get nendos, so can this.

Square-Enix: "You'll take your formation arts and overpriced merchandises and love it!"
For meijiko if she's interested, needs a proxy service though:

If raising magical girls isn't enough, then transform yourself into one with these prosumer grade Card Captor Sakura cosplay accessories. I only wish that they shipped outside of Japan--and listed the measurements for the XL size...

Official homepage: http://www.cc-sakura.net/shopbrand/ct8/
http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/2015/1/13/news-roundup
2014 Blog and Product Ranking
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

Yesterday was Coming of Age Day here in Japan, where those who have turned twenty over the past year dress-up and celebrate becoming adults! I still can’t believe they all must have been younger than me! They were wearing kimonos which make them look so mature and grown-up!

Anyway, we’re already well into 2015 now, but today I’m going to be taking a look at the 2014 most popular blog articles as well as the most popular products of 2014! (`・ω・´)ゞ
o0600050313188147549.jpg

By the way, this is this year’s Nendoroid Calender! ♡

*The calender given out at WonFes will be a school calender starting fro April, so it will be a little different to this one!

Anyway, let’s start off with my blog ranking!

Kahotan Blog: Access Ranking!

*Based on the Japanese access numbers
1st Place: Nendoroid Kongo
o0515052613187514213.jpg

2nd Place: Nendoroid Ryuko Matoi
o0515053413187514215.jpg

3rd Place: Snow Miku 2014: The ‘Spell Book Stand’ Revealed!
o0515045213187514212.jpg

4th Place: 1/7th Scale Benten
o0515091713187514972.jpg

5th Place: figFIX Shimakaze: Half-Damage ver.
o0515075713187514677.jpg

6th Place: Yamato Kai: Light Armament Ver.
7th Place: Nendoroid Kaga
8th Place: Nendoroid Honoka Kousaka
9th Place: Nendoroid Aoba & Ren
10th Place: Nendoroid Renge Miyauchi

11th Place: Nendoroid Sakura Kinomoto
12th Place: Nendoroid Yoshino
13th Place: Nendoroid Elsa
14th Place: Satsuki Kiryuin: Senketsu Ver.
15th Place: Nendoroid Shoyo Hinata
Nendoroid Kongo took the crown this year!

The popularity of KanColle has not died down at all over 2014! Once again the KanMusu are all over the top articles! ε=(。・д・。)

========================================================
Plus fans have another KanMusu to look forward to…!
o0515045613188168341.jpg

=========================================================
Anyway! Let’s now take a look at figure popularity – based on the total number of items sold! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ

2014 Product Sales Ranking
1st Place: Nendoroid Shimakaze
o0500072713187554073.jpg

2nd Place: figma Mikasa Ackerman
o0500037313187554072.jpg

3rd Place: Nendoroid Snow Miku: Magical Snow Ver.

o0500053813187554074.jpg

4th Place: figma Shimakaze

5th Place: figma Levi

6th Place: figma Eren Yeager

7th Place: Nendoroid Link: Windwaker Ver.

8th Place: Nendoroid Kongo

9th Place: Nendoroid Akagi

10th Place: Nendoroid Levi

Very awesome to get a figure you have been wanting for so long.

I was ecstatic when I finally got a order in for Momohime. She is one of those figures that if I ever get out of the hobby and sell she will be kept.

Yeah I definitely have a feeling that if I ever decided to sell my collection, I'll be keeping this figure.

In Alter I trust.

spiritfox

The game sold extremely well and the in-game character models already lend themselves to nendos quite well. If Freedom Wars and God Eater can get nendos, so can this.

Eh, if they wanted to they would have released it already. All we got was that ugly collectors figure.

Another Natsume Yuujinchou fan =D:
qLkgirx.png
ThYrQMB.png

esuYu0Y.png

Legitimately one of my favorite series ever, if not my absolute favorite! Got the LINE stickers the day I spotted them in the sticker shop. The art style is so nice and I love the characters. It's no wonder why I've been looking forward to Natsume's figure so much.

omlet

From Nagoya? My status still says checking inventory.

Yeah, I ordered from Nagoya on the 11th so apparently someone picked it up in person after the weekend. Your order may already be dead, too :( Or you'll get lucky and whoever walked in and bought an Akagi nendo just happened to pick up the one I had ordered, leaving the one you ordered behind :|

Wow, AmiAmi finally refused my latest round of cancellation requests. You know what that means.

Heeeeeeeey Hobbysearch. How would you guys like some business?

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, I ordered from Nagoya on the 11th so apparently someone picked it up in person after the weekend. Your order may already be dead, too :( Or you'll get lucky and whoever walked in and bought an Akagi nendo just happened to pick up the one I had ordered, leaving the one you ordered behind :|

Just fly to Japan and pick her up.

ezpz.

Ha! Enjoy paying 10% more!

Eh. On the other hand, I'm planning to buy a lot less. Saves me money in the long run. I'm at peace with this decision. :D

All the other stuff I really wanted (Himeji, Nanami, Michelle K. Davis, etc.) I pre-ordered elsewhere in advance because I knew this day would come.

Wow, AmiAmi finally refused my latest round of cancellation requests. You know what that means.

Thought about asking for some cancellation stuff but some of it is from this month and I have a feeling they will say no again lol. They haven't banned me obviously but the last two I sent they always hit me with "sorry we have already secured yours" even though the stuff was still up for order.

Thought about asking for some cancellation stuff but some of it is from this month and I have a feeling they will say no again lol. They haven't banned me obviously but the last two I sent they always hit me with "sorry we have already secured yours" even though the stuff was still up for order.

Didn't realize they were even starting to say no much at all. Guess they must be starting to clamp down a bit.

kewlmyc

Haven't you cancelled nearly 30 items from them? It's no wonder they finally said now. They gave me grief when I cancelled GSC's Satsuki, but it's my last cancellation with them.

Also, I bought the 12k Alter Yukiko last night because I'm a tool. Does anyone here want the crappy Megahouse Yukiko?

That Chie and Mitsuru swimsuit figures are beach queens. Beach Queens are garbage. Small, overpriced, poor quality, most of us avoid them.

Megahouse Chie
UlVDsrS.png

Ques Q Elizabeth
jTWlCdM.png

I have been stalking this thread for years... and I have kept out of the hobby. I have been good. I have stayed out of trouble...

Until now... Thanks a lot. Your a bad person. I hope you know you linking these pictures created an addict. When I am home, alone surrounded by awesome figures not able to eat because of my addiction it will be entirely on you.

This is my attempt at sticking my toe in the shallow end of the pool. I say this with the utmost respect... I hope I do not become as fiendish as some of you are in this hobby...

RMI

Banned

wow, I didn't think it was actually possible to get on their bad side. How often are you cancelling stuff, and what proportion of your the items you pre-order do you actually wind up buying?

johnsmith

remember me
I have been stalking this thread for years... and I have kept out of the hobby. I have been good. I have stayed out of trouble...

Until now... Thanks a lot. Your a bad person. I hope you know you linking these pictures created an addict. When I am home, alone surrounded by awesome figures not able to eat because of my addiction it will be entirely on you.

This is my attempt at sticking my toe in the shallow end of the pool. I say this with the utmost respect... I hope I do not become as fiendish as some of you are in this hobby...

tumblr_lrv6mbb5mp1r2ljlfo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom