• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlet

So I had purchased a figure on mandarake for 1200. When I checked out it said the was a handling fee of 500 and a shipping fee of 1000 for a total of 2700. It said it for both sal and ems so I picked ems. After I placed the order the email says 1700 and shipping would be calculated and a payment link would be sent. Anyone know what is going on?

When you buy from mandarake, any order from a single store that does not meet or exceed 5000 yen gets a 500 yen handling fee added. They will quote you shipping once the item is packaged and they know how big of a box is needed.

So I had purchased a figure on mandarake for 1200. When I checked out it said the was a handling fee of 500 and a shipping fee of 1000 for a total of 2700. It said it for both sal and ems so I picked ems. After I placed the order the email says 1700 and shipping would be calculated and a payment link would be sent. Anyone know what is going on?

Mandarake charges 500 yen for order under 5k before shipping. Ems is going to cost you. It's expensive and only recorded for large order or people who want their stuff ASAP

Bombless

Laying+Down+the+Law.jpg

Damn son...

He is so right.

Mandarake charges 500 yen for order under 5k before shipping. Ems is going to cost you. It's expensive and only recorded for large order or people who want their stuff ASAP

When you buy from mandarake, any order from a single store that does not meet or exceed 5000 yen gets a 500 yen handling fee added. They will quote you shipping once the item is packaged and they know how big of a box is needed.

My thing though is that it had originally said shipping was 1000 for a total of 2700 but after I hit order the email had no mention of the shipping. Do they allow changing of shipping type? I only pucked ems because the website said it would be 1000. What happens if I don't pay?

omlet

My thing though is that it had originally said shipping was 1000 for a total of 2700 but after I hit order the email had no mention of the shipping. Do they allow changing of shipping type? I only pucked ems because the website said it would be 1000. What happens if I don't pay?

I've ordered several things from them and I have never seen a shipping quote during checkout. Not saying you didn't see one, but I sure never have.

You should have gotten an email from them to confirm your order and in it it should say "Please confirm everything below is correct. If you find any errors, please let us know before making the payment." And near the bottom it should say what shipping method you picked and it should have a 0 yen shipping fee (because they will tell you what it actually is when they request payment). Reply to that email and tell them you meant to pick SAL shipping.

Edit: For what it's worth if you were just getting a small prize figure or a single nendo or something, the price difference won't be huge between SAL and EMS. When I bought this for a friend for Christmas, I used EMS shipping and it was 1500 yen. Then a couple weeks later I ordered one for myself and used SAL and shipping was 1200 yen.

HItman84

Neo Member
been following this thread for a long time.
Helps me keep track of releases after starting my own collection thanks to a friend.
Wallet hurts so much

no company ever gives you shipping price before payment. They have to check it since each item has different sizes and weigh.

You probably mistaken it for something else.

If you don't pay mandarake, that is a straight up ban from all mandarake stores. Mandarake doesn't fuck around because when you order something, a person has to take it off the shelves of the actual store front and package it.

Ask them to swap to Sal register and you made a mistake. They'll likely comply.

Fuk store was super nice. I ordered a few things, then had another order and asked to combine the orders and they were super happy to do it. (to be fair, the order was over 20k...)

Ryuuroden

Whats your division of companies in your figure collection? Mine is;

Amakuni: 5 Figures
GSC: 5 Figures (Plus 4 Preorders)
Kotobukiya: 8 Figures
Max Factory: 2 Figures (Plus 2 Preorders)
Megahouse: 3 Figures

Sort of surprised I had only 2 Max Factory and looks like GSC will be tying Alter for tops in my list when the 4 preorders get released. I just used group collection by company in MFC.

Not counting pre-orders:

1 PHAT
2 Koto (ARTFX J)
2 Megahouse
2 Alter

Got another PHAT for preorder and another Koto.

Still undecided on if I'll preorder another ARTFX J figure as well.

And there's probably an unknown amount of GSC nendos.

Sort of surprised I had only 2 Max Factory and looks like GSC will be tying Alter for tops in my list when the 4 preorders get released. I just used group collection by company in MFC.

I've got a lot, so I'll give you the big companies.

Kotobukiya: 43
MegaHouse: 21
Max Factory: 8
Good Smile Company: 10
WING: 3
Orchid Seed: 2

:D

1 Alter
1 Alphamax
1 Phat
1 Kotobukiya

several max factory figma, gsc nendo, banpresto prize (which was given as tales of CE items), and 1 Sega prize

heh damage to my wallet is still 'low' apparently

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Edited and listed them all, not that anyone will notice:

Hot Toys: 21 (6 preordered)
Max Factory: 13 (1 preordered)
Megahouse: 11 (4 preordered)
Kotobukiya: 9 (4 preordered)
Kaiyodo: 5
Bandai: 3
Enterbay: 2
Medicom: 2
Orchid Seed: 2 (1 preordered)
Alpha X Omega: 2
Sideshow PF: 1 (2 preordered)
Art Figures: 1
GSC: 1 (5 preordered)
Embrace Japan: 1
Wing: 1
Vertex: 1
Yamato: 1 ( 1 preordered)
Daiki Kougyou: (1 preordered)
Orca Toys: (1 preordered)
Alphamax: (1 preordered)
Sega: (1 preordered)

no company ever gives you shipping price before payment. They have to check it since each item has different sizes and weigh.

You probably mistaken it for something else.

If you don't pay mandarake, that is a straight up ban from all mandarake stores. Mandarake doesn't fuck around because when you order something, a person has to take it off the shelves of the actual store front and package it.

Ask them to swap to Sal register and you made a mistake. They'll likely comply.

Fuk store was super nice. I ordered a few things, then had another order and asked to combine the orders and they were super happy to do it. (to be fair, the order was over 20k...)
Nope, it definitely said shipping was 1000 yen. I remeber being all jazzed that it shows the shipping up front. I think I might have gone to the cart on the new site, maybe? Maybe it was a site glitch? I'll wait until I get the final invoice to decide what I'll do.

IMG_20150113_185745.jpg

Just tried it with another figure. This is what it showed, but for the figure I ordered.

Nope, it definitely said shipping was 1000 yen. I remeber being all jazzed that it shows the shipping up front. I think I might have gone to the cart on the new site, maybe? Maybe it was a site glitch? I'll wait until I get the final invoice to decide what I'll do.

IMG_20150113_185745.jpg

Just tried it with another figure. This is what it showed, but for the figure I ordered.

has to be something new... I have never seen that.

Giolon

How are you guys getting your Top 5 manufacturer's? When I check out "Manufacturer's that you like" on MFC's Bonus tab, it conflates any involvement a company has with a figure at all w/ being their Manufacturer.

Do you all just have few enough to count? lol

kewlmyc

Alter (21 +2 Ordered)
Kotobukiya (21 + 2 Ordered)
GSC (21 + 1 Ordered)
Megahouse (12)
Banpresto (8)
Bandai (7)
Max Factory (3)
Algernon Product (3)
Sunny Side Up (3)
Ques Q (2)
Phat Company (1+1 Preorder)

There's more but I only have one figure from each.

chrono01

Owned:

Good Smile Company (72)
Max Factory (36)
MegaHouse (29)
Alter (25)
Orchid Seed (16)

Ordered:

Amakuni (3)
Max Factory (3)
Alphamax/Skytube (2)
Orchid Seed (2)
Alter (2)
Phat Company (1)
Megahouse (1)
Black Berry (1)
Good Smile Company (1)

Finally joined MFC, joins NeoGAF club, *checks the amount of figure everyone else has*
Thanks for making me feel better about the size of my collection GAF XD

01. Bandai (40)
02. Square Enix (15)
03. Max Factory (14)
04. Nintendo (12)
05. Good Smile Company (11)
06. Kotobukiya (9)
07. MegaHouse (8)

I started off with games and pose-able figures XP

Edit: Will need to add you all as friends later =D
this is probably similar to mine. How do you guys get a breakdown?
Go to your collection check out the right tab above the pie chart for "Bonus" then change to manufacturer

Finally joined MFC, joins NeoGAF club, *checks the amount of figure everyone else has*

Thanks for making me feel better about the size of my collection GAF XD

01. Bandai (40)
02. Square Enix (15)
03. Max Factory (14)
04. Nintendo (12)
05. Good Smile Company (11)
06. Kotobukiya (9)
07. MegaHouse (8)

I started off with games and pose-able figures XP

Edit: Will need to add you all as friends later =D

Go to your collection check out the right tab above the pie chart for "Bonus" then change to manufacturer

o cool

01. Alter (42)02. Good Smile Company (33)03. Hobby Japan (20)04. Max Factory (17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom