• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Up033ZA.png

Pre-orders:
Phat! Chiaki Minami
GSC Satsuki Senketsu ver.
FREEing Racing Miku 2013 Sepang ver.
GSC Miku Tell Your World ver.
Alter Maki Nishikino(considering cancelling this one)
Alphamax Won Pairon
Koei/Penguin Parade Ayesha Ateluge
Beach Queens Chie Satonaka

AmiAmi Pre-owned(combined with the Sepang Miku order):
FREEing Racing Miku 2012 1/7 ver.
Megahouse P.O.P Nami ver. 2 re-paint
Ques Q Elizabeth Christmas ver.

Currently en route from Mandarake:
Megahouse P.O.P. Sailing Again Nami Bikini ver.
Wave Rise Kujikawa
FuRyu Super Sonico After Bath ver.
FuRyu Nozomi Toujou Mo Gyutto "love" de Sekkinchuu! ver.
FuRyu Kotori Minami Mo Gyutto "love" de Sekkinchuu! ver.
Banpresto Nami 15th Anniversary ver.

The Gunpla kits are all in the January re-stock from HLJ:
MG Shining Gundam
MG Master Gundam
HG Gundam ZZ
HG Zaku 1 Thunderbolt ver.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Took me some time, but I finally took those Yamato shots!
Man, I love it. The ship so well detailed and has a lot you can mess with. You move the front and back cannons independently, open ports, and ready the missiles. It has some good weight to it and a lot of shelf presence.Those tiny ships can displayed wherever you want around it to make it look more alive. I love that the stand can be adjusted for more dynamic shots. There were two accessories I didn't photograph, which were the dropped anchors and the wings. I also didn't have any batteries on me and so couldn't take pictures of the activated wave motion gun, bridge, and thruster.
That looks awesome, no room for it myself, I thought about it before I started buying space girls, but in the end their bottoms won out, so I'll just ogle your pics a bit longer...

------------

As for what's on preorder/shipping to me now:
8ozXt5S.jpg

Sideshow: PF's Queen of the Dead, and Valkyrie of the Dead

Three Zero: Tyrion Lannister, Ned Stark

Hot Toys: Robocop (uk sellers take forever), Han & Chewie, Stormtrooper, Darth Vader, Iron Man MK43 ( just canceled John Matrix, and Briareos is on hold unless they make Deunan as well) still debating 1/4th scale Boba Fett...

Also still debating preordering that Dark Schneider figure, but if the Guts and Femto statues show up this year I can't pass on 'em because of DS.

I currently have my eyes on the Gentle Giant 1/4th Shanna the she-devil, but I was reading it's US only because of the license limitations:
And 1/4th Whisper from their Honey Trap line if she ever comes out:

NEO0MJ

That looks awesome, no room for it myself, I thought about it before I started buying space girls, but in the end their bottoms won out, so I'll just ogle your pics a bit longer...

I can understand space being an issue There are smaller model kit versions of the Yamato, though you'll have to build and probably paint those.

I don't have anything preordered for 2015, don't even know if I'll even buy anything. If I did it would probably be the EX Gokin Grendizer.

1420453540_23381_grendizer0.jpg

Zerojul

I don't have anything preordered for 2015, don't even know if I'll even buy anything. If I did it would probably be the EX Gokin Grendizer.

1420453540_23381_grendizer0.jpg

As a long time diehard Grendizer fan (I was less than a year old when it was first broadcast in France), I'm really relieved that I'm not a fan of that redesign, because if I'm not mistaken this one is around 40k. The quality of the figure seems amazing, though. I'm curious to see how the redesign for the Spaizer will turn out.

NEO0MJ

As a long time diehard Grendizer fan (I was less than a year old when it was first broadcast in France), I'm really relieved that I'm not a fan of that redesign, because if I'm not mistaken this one is around 40k. The quality of the figure seems amazing, though. I'm curious to see how the redesign for the Spaizer will turn out.

Did you see the Metaltech Grendizer? It's priced well and is really solid. Just too close to the original design for my taste.

And yeah, Fewture Ex Gokin products are really expensive. And yeah, this redesign is pretty significant, even for an Ex Gokin. Though the Spaizer seems pretty tame.

exgodizer17.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Every time I check this thread, you guys find ways to make my wallet cry a bit more by making her remember how much stuff I have on pre-order. Thanks!!!

Here goes, two on the way (Mammon and Tsundero)

And the Sideshow figures:

I'm also trying to resist this one, would look so good near Red Sonja, ugh...

That Poison Ivy is looking so sweet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l_PuNMOv0o

But how can you resist Kier? It's unpossible... Drop dead gorgeous without the mask, and one of the most bad ass deadly looking statues with it on...

I can understand space being an issue There are smaller model kit versions of the Yamato, though you'll have to build and probably paint those.
Yeah, but I also collect too many different ranges as it is, my wife's got me reigned in on what I collect now, have to stay away from robots and ships in general...

cajunator

Banned
January preorders
Sawa Okita
Charlotte Dunois (1/4 poodle version)
Aila Jyrkiainen
Ruri gokou (yukata version)
Mashiro (nendoroid)
Kurumi Tokisaki (nanorich)

Fortunately the other two 1/4 scales got pushed to February.

They are not that bad, but not good for me. I have 3 figures from them and 2 were disappointing (including Olivia)

the new native figure is too expensive for me.

Gotcha, just curious. They aren't anywhere near Alter level for me but I like them so far. My Shiro from them had a small issue on her hair but not to bad.

taoofjord

So I have a figure (Sentinel Hurricane Polymar) pre-ordered on Amiami and it has an expected release date for later this month. Last night I made another order (a back-order) for another unreleased figure (Sentinel Bleeding Edge Iron Man) and then combined the two orders. Can anyone provide some clarification on how these will ship?

I understand that the usual back-order can take up to two weeks for Amiami to find out if they can acquire it for me, but what about a back-ordered pre-order? The figure is supposed to come out in late Jan but does it being back-ordered mean that it could take two weeks beyond the initial allotment for the figure's first release, meaning that Hurricane Polymar will also be not be shipped until February?

omlet

I made my first impulse buy in a really long time yesterday while browsing mandarake. Mentioned I found it yesterday morning but then decided later to actually order it. 1/8 Tart from Tears to Tiara II by Vertex.

This purchase was kind of spurred by the fact that I had to pay my property taxes this week, so in light of that it was like "what's another $60 at this point?" lol ._.

amiami just updated again.
Dear Amiami, please stop updating while I'm sound asleep. Thanks.

My Akagi order finally went through :p
h8chu! Hoping another one shows up on mandarake soon. Anywhere else and it's looking like it would be a $55+ affair which is really pushing it for a nendo I'm not crazy about.

My current preorder/in-transit rogues gallery:
Looks a lot like mine XD

They have Kaga too. OH GOD MY WALLET. I don't know if I can really afford to order them right now but i'm so tempted.
They have a better price than amiami or amazon (US) for Kongou, too. $39 including shipping. I'll probably get her from there. Looks like Kaga and Akagi are not available for international shipping. Their price for Hiei also beats amiami (mine was 4300 [non-preorder] and amazon jp has it for just over 4k as Temp
t
y noted. Shipping will be about $10 for one nendo.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
But ships and robots are the best! Besides, it's just one ship. How much can it hurt?
LOL that's how I got into Hot Toys," I'll just buy this one Predator, see how hot these Hot Toys are and maybe I'll get a Terminator and an Alien, that's all I'd need anyway, they cost too much to get too many."... My wife still quotes that to me every time I buy another one...

Except for the Star Wars stuff, I'm sure you could go back in this thread an see me saying "not doing star wars" that was my own resolve. When the Hot Toys Han and Chewie where shown off though the little girl in her reared up and mocked my resolve to the point she enabled me to fall down the Star Wars rabbit hole.

I couldn't just get the Yamato anyway, I'd have to get the Arcadia as well because they are both of equal importance to me, and then I'd start eyeing up every bloody spaceship made until I had a fleet of well crafted mismatched insanity. As for Robots, I'd be getting Gundams, Evas, Transformers, Voltron and the Shogun Warriors.

So yeah, so I'll just live off the photos you guys take of your robots and ships...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Amiibo GAF learns another lesson in their journey to figuredom: if a character is popular sometimes it's best to wait before buying their first figurine since a better looking is bound to pop along.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Well my December haul is finally here in its entirety, I only have 1 half of a Detolf of free space, I think I am not good at calculating how many figures can a Detolf hold. Halp!

That had to be a big box of awesome, the setting up of all those would drive me mad. Good luck with spacing it all out...

holy crap lol I thought I got big orders. Awesome!

Thanks, I want to make it clear though, this was a one time thing, my wallet ( and marriage) couldn't withstand monthly hauls like this.

That had to be a big box of awesome, the setting up of all those would drive me mad. Good luck with spacing it all out...
I made it! I am in the Figma Berserk club!! But yeah I had to scout remote corners of the world to find and get some of the figures from the picture, some were as easy as going to amiami, others the out of print ones, not so much ( shutouts to my friend in Thailand who helped me find Lady Armoroid for a decent price)

Why are you preordering from there? Quit being silly.

Because my Nanami pre-order is the only one I have yet to replace, and they're the only ones still taking orders (for a price I can stomach).

So what's the latest with you and Ami? Just not gonna pay for your order? Curious to see what happens with all this for ya.

There's too much I have ordered from Ami that I don't want anymore. I'm not going to buy shit I don't want. Honor system be damned.

kewlmyc

Because my Nanami pre-order is the only one I have yet to replace, and they're the only ones still taking orders (for a price I can stomach).

You haven't been banned. If you know you're going to be buying Nanami but nothing else from Amiami (Why are you doing this anyway? Because they refused to cancel one of your orders?), email AmiAmi and have them make her a separate order.

You haven't been banned. If you know you're going to be buying Nanami but nothing else from Amiami (Why are you doing this anyway? Because they refused to cancel one of your orders?), email AmiAmi and have them make her a separate order.

Nanami already is her own order from when she got delayed, I'm just assuming I'll be banned at some point.

Because she ain't making January.

johnsmith

remember me
Amiibo GAF learns another lesson in their journey to figuredom: if a character is popular sometimes it's best to wait before buying their first figurine since a better looking is bound to pop along.

Lol. Just saw that. Hopefully the 2nd Peach is better. Hyped for Ness also.

NEO0MJ

Except for the Star Wars stuff, I'm sure you could go back in this thread an see me saying "not doing star wars" that was my own resolve. When the Hot Toys Han and Chewie where shown off though the little girl in her reared up and mocked my resolve to the point she enabled me to fall down the Star Wars rabbit hole.

That just mean, lol.

The thing is you just don't know if and when it will happen. I waited a year in hopes we'd get an alt. colored Ex Gokin Getter Dragon and still nothing.

Ryuuroden

Yeah that happens a lot, but I remember seeing it available earlier. I think it did sell out.

Probably the equivalent of A/Cs on amiami, or not opened/box severely damaged on mandarake. Plus its amazon, if something is wrong with it you can return it.

I don't know. Amazon Warehouse LEGO sets sometimes arrive with no box or ripped open and missing LEGO bricks, etc or missing instructions...

omlet

Well my December haul is finally here in its entirety, I only have 1 half of a Detolf of free space, I think I am not good at calculating how many figures can a Detolf hold. Halp!
Dat haul!

Depends on the size of the figure, yeah.

Rule of thumb for comfortable fits for anime figures:
1 large figure (Olivia, Ultimate Madoka, etc.)
4 'normal' scale figures (+ or - 1 depending on base sizes)
8 nendos (more if you have raisers)
I don't have any figmas but based on their size I'd guess 6-8

Of course you can cram more than that in but then you start having a hard time seeing figures that aren't on the front row.

lol wut? good get man. Pre-owned prices plus this exchange rate are nuts nowadays.
Yeah great price and surprisingly big as well, but then again giant sword XD
They should. Mandarake did.
Yep just paid for the order and it was SAL-able =D
Thought about going with that figure but I decided to get this instead
Also a good choice, that Elizabeth is good and not crazy priced like the Alter one is XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom