• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerojul

The last EX Gold Saint has finally arrived, yeah !!!! :)

az5UziF.jpg

But I got caught by customs again, boooh :(

The guys at the customs office must have me on their radar, I think I need to lay low for a while (not gonna happen).

Anyway, glad I got him at retail price, there's already a 7~8k yen markup on him on most sites :/

Wanderer5

I think I hear an aircraft carrier horn from a distance, which most likely means that Kaga is out for delivery and I should be getting her soon.:p

RMI

Banned
Yeah great price and surprisingly big as well, but then again giant sword XD

I actually was considering buying that fig about a year ago, but the price was about 2x of what you paid. I think I would have impulse bought at this price for sure. I don't even give a fuck about God Eater but it's a cool character design.

But I got caught by customs again, boooh :(

The guys at the customs office must have me on their radar, I think I need to lay low for a while (not gonna happen).

Anyway, glad I got him at retail price, there's already a 7~8k yen markup on him on most sites :/
How big was your box and guess it wasn't marked down? Big boxes tend to be their calling XD but you'll be fine if it was marked down.
I actually was considering buying that fig about a year ago, but the price was about 2x of what you paid. I think I would have impulse bought at this price for sure. I don't even give a fuck about God Eater but it's a cool character design.
Yeah played God Eater and couldn't get into it should try again but just got the MH4U demo XD but yes she is a great character design.

Preview: Koha-Ace EX - Sakura Saber 1/8 Complete Figure by Good Smile Company

Nendoroid Haruna
o0515045413188426522.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a Nendoroid of the high-speed battleship ‘Haruna’! She comes with three expressions including her standard face, a smiling face and a worried face allowing for all sorts of situations!

Optional parts include her ‘rather heavy’ ship parts together with firing effect parts, as well as a special background sheet showing anti-aircraft fire! A special crane part to recreate the docks are also included. A teapot and tea cup are also included, which are great to display her together with her sister ships!

native_tomoeprev-1.jpg

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/native-reveals-painted-prototype-original-character-nakahara-tomoe-t2-art-girls.html
aoshima_wonfes15i19-1.jpg
aoshima_wonfes15amatsukaze-1.jpg

http://moonlitsaki.com/2015/01/aoshima-reveals-wonder-festival-2015-winter-kantai-collection-kan-colle-i-19-amatsukaze-white-ver.html
CC: meijiko

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
The Yamato Tsukasa Bullet Heatblade I ordered from Solaris Japan arrived, as it was pre-owned I was slightly worried, but everything was in tip top shape, and though she was a pain in the ass to put together (all the tubes needed pluged in) I'm adoring this figure and need to hunt down Compact Hog to go with her. Might even go for the Claris Cornova even if it's by Griffon. I still got stung by Customs (adding another £20 to the price) though, but it was my own fault, I forgot to factor in shipping cost to the total announced on the packaged.

Also forgot my wife ordered this earlier in the week, it arrived today as well:

I was talking about cutting back on Japanese scales, so she wanted to make sure this one was in my collection for me, of course it's Star Wars related... Expecting her to order Maria Jade next... (not complaining, I'm amused she just wouldn't buy it for herself)

That said I didn't realize it wasn't a typical Bishoujo and was actually an ArtFX figure, was slightly more fun to put together then heatblade, but in my book she's still a Bishoujo so her box is in the bin...

SoldnerKei

7~8k still sounds good to me
(totally blinded by SS fanboyism)
, hopefully they will release a new line-up of cloths with Soul of Gold release

you have the 12 myth cloths?! me jelly! :'D

is there really much difference in shipping speed between air packet and sal registered?
1-2 weeks for packet, 2-5 for SAL so depends on how impatient you are.
hipping Methods
*EMS: 3-7 days delivery. Includes tracking and insurance up to 20,000 JPY. Recommended.
*Air Small Packet: 1-2 weeks delivery. Includes delivery confirmation and limited insurance up to 6,000 JPY. Size/weight restrictions apply.
*SAL Small Packet (Registered): 2-5 weeks delivery. Includes delivery confirmation and limited insurance up to 6,000 JPY.Size/weight restrictions apply.
*SAL Small Packet (Unregistered): 2-5 weeks delivery. No delivery confirmation, no insurance. Size/weight restrictions apply.
*SAL Parcel: 2-5 weeks delivery. Includes delivery confirmation and limited insurance. Some size/weight restrictions may apply.
*Sagawa Express: 1-2 days delivery within Japan via Sagawa Express. Includes tracking and delivery day/time may be specified. 500 JPY flat rate per order. Additional 200 JPY required for COD payments.

omlet

is there really much difference in shipping speed between air packet and sal registered?

There's an estimated difference of about a week or more (with SAL being slower but at this time of year SAL is not thaaat slow). The way I look at it, I either want it ASAP or I don't care. Both are more than a week, so I don't care if it's two or three. If I'm in no hurry I will pick what's cheap.

Zerojul

7~8k still sounds good to me
(totally blinded by SS fanboyism)
, hopefully they will release a new line-up of cloths with Soul of Gold release

you have the 12 myth cloths?! me jelly! :'D
I have the 12 golds from the regular Myth Cloth line, but I missed the Gemini from the Myth Cloth EX line. Considering he goes for 300+€ on the aftermarket, there's no way I get him, except for an unlikely reprint.
And yeah, if the 12 armors from Soul of Gold look as good as what they've shown of Aiolia's, I'm getting all twelve... again :)

I guess I'll be buying Robin and Lucina amiibos via AmiAmi...sigh. My plan was to ignore them, but after the Codename STEAM integration, I'm gonna need them.

Too late for Ike now, sob.

StayDead

I guess I'll be buying Robin and Lucina amiibos via AmiAmi...sigh. My plan was to ignore them, but after the Codename STEAM integration, I'm gonna need them.

Too late for Ike now, sob.

I think I might avoid Robin unless they release a female Robin, but Lucina will be a buy. Why are you going with amiami out of interest and not something domestic (or are you in Japan)?

Oh, I should do that.

Good luck :)

I think I might avoid Robin unless they release a female Robin, but Lucina will be a buy. Why are you going with amiami out of interest and not something domestic (or are you in Japan)?

Not in Japan here, but I'll lead saying that until this day I have never ever seen a Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer or any second wave amiibos here. I'm not in the US, and people aren't even bothering to bring Amiibos here, so I'll have to import them, unfortunately. I managed to find my only amiibo (Samus) in a huge stroke of luck.

AmiAmi seems like less hassle than aiming for a blink and you'll miss it preorder from American sites.

Factoring shipping wouldn't be that bad cause we all have monthly orders from them anyway~

SoldnerKei

I have the 12 golds from the regular Myth Cloth line, but I missed the Gemini from the Myth Cloth EX line. Considering he goes for 300+€ on the aftermarket, there's no way I get him, except for an unlikely reprint.
And yeah, if the 12 armors from Soul of Gold look as good as what they've shown of Aiolia's, I'm getting all twelve... again :)

well, if you got Gemini EX Kanon, that should count as the 12! hurhur
and yeah, I have seen those and their price is just not pretty, if they don't do the Kamui versions of the Gold Cloths at least they should re-release the EX versions :'D, but if Aiolia got one already, the others should
pls bandai

I just now got my Gaf account approved. First post goes to Figure gaf!

Been collecting for a year now. I get all my figure news lurking around here, and spend all my money cause of Snk.

Please to meet ya.

Snk where are you finding these suckers people?

Seductive found me on Twitter actually lol, then we started talking a lot. Good people!

Most of the others I have brought have come from the pick up thread or Vita GAF.

But really it's just my avatar that brings them in.

Yep, probably VitaGAF, since IIRC the one figure who brought me back to this hobby was goddess Junko Enoshima.

But the true enabler was johnsmith, he showed me Mandarake, then all the "Oh well, it is out of stock, better give up now" thoughts disappeared in a pool of burning money.

Zerojul

if Aiolia got one already, the others should
pls bandai

Well as much as I love SS to death, there's no denying that the aim of the new anime is to sell toys. Omega was a fiasco, and was aimed as pennyless kids anyway. Going back to the good ol' Gold 12 is a smart move IMO. Good chance it'll be much more popular with the 30~40 years old fans who have much, much more money.
Anyway I'm pretty confident Aiolia's Kamui will sell well enough to grant us a full 12 collection. At least I hope so. Can't wait to preorder him :)

Been collecting for a year now. I get all my figure news lurking around here, and spend all my money cause of Snk.

Please to meet ya.

Welcome !!!

Yeah, I talk to Snk on twitter a lot, and recently, Samurai Heart. Its seductivpancake. I tweet a lot of dumb stuff tho.

I preordered Isuzu Sento last night, which was unexpected, so now I'm running out of shelf space. I don't really like putting stuff away to make room for others.

raven777

Gotcha, just curious. They aren't anywhere near Alter level for me but I like them so far. My Shiro from them had a small issue on her hair but not to bad.

I don't have that many figures at the moment and anything below GSC level is just not really good enough for me to go for instant pre-order. Unless it's lewd figure from Orchid Seed or Amakuni.

Yeah, I talk to Snk on twitter a lot, and recently, Samurai Heart. Its seductivpancake. I tweet a lot of dumb stuff tho.

I preordered Isuzu Sento last night, which was unexpected, so now I'm running out of shelf space. I don't really like putting stuff away to make room for others.

I vote for you using your Twitter picture as your avatar .

george_us

The Yamato Tsukasa Bullet Heatblade I ordered from Solaris Japan arrived, as it was pre-owned I was slightly worried, but everything was in tip top shape, and though she was a pain in the ass to put together (all the tubes needed pluged in) I'm adoring this figure and need to hunt down Compact Hog to go with her. Might even go for the Claris Cornova even if it's by Griffon. I still got stung by Customs (adding another £20 to the price) though, but it was my own fault, I forgot to factor in shipping cost to the total announced on the packaged.
Good to see another GAFfer recognize the greatness that is Heat Blade! Compact Hog goes for a pretty penny nowadays. I thought about grabbing her but the prices were so absurd that I never put much effort into it. Plus her design did strike me like Heat Blade's did.

Please to meet ya.
Your username is incredible. Welcome to GAF!

omlet

I actually saw the first episode recently, and... and..

I didn't feel the urge to buy more figures.:p I guess there Akagi still, but otherwise, meh.

Just give up and order Akagi already. We all know you're going to. As soon as you set up Kaga you're going to think, "hnnnngh, I need Akagi to go with her" and then you will buy her and tell us what we all knew was going to happen.

Einbroch

Banned
Can't justify full price when all they really are are different heads and some different guns. At least it's over now, no more. Back to the good Nendos.

chrono01

Nakahara Tomoe [Original Character] from Native looks amazing. I love the look of elegance to her, and I'm already in-love with her face.

However:

A) She's exclusive, and Native's online store still won't ship to Canada which means I'll need to use a proxy

B) She's pricey [¥14815 before taxes]

But she's so beautiful!

Release is in August.

Wanderer5

Just give up and order Akagi already. We all know you're going to. As soon as you set up Kaga you're going to think, "hnnnngh, I need Akagi to go with her" and then you will buy her and tell us what we all knew was going to happen.

I not going to let that happen, least not for a damn while lol!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom