• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as much as I love SS to death, there's no denying that the aim of the new anime is to sell toys. Omega was a fiasco, and was aimed as pennyless kids anyway. Going back to the good ol' Gold 12 is a smart move IMO. Good chance it'll be much more popular with the 30~40 years old fans who have much, much more money.
Anyway I'm pretty confident Aiolia's Kamui will sell well enough to grant us a full 12 collection. At least I hope so. Can't wait to preorder him :)

Welcome !!!

Hey I am not a fiasco!!! seriously though, Holy shieeeet at that Aiolia!!! how much? is it possable? and yes Omega sucked big time is there any new series based on the classic Saint Seiya being made?

Ryuuroden

Pre Order list:

1. GOOD SMILE Racing - Vocaloid - Hatsune Miku - 1/8 - Racing 2014 (Good Smile Company, 2015/04)

2. God Eater 2 - Ciel Alencon - 1/8 (Good Smile Company, 2015/02)

3. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kongou - 1/8 - Chuuha ver. (Max Factory, 2015/01/15)

4. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Yamato Kai - Wonderful Hobby Selection - Heavy arms Ver. (Good Smile Company, 2015/04)

5. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Musashi Kai - Wonderful Hobby Selection - Heavy arms Ver. (Max Factory, 2015/06)

6. Shingeki no Kyojin - Mikasa Ackerman - 1/8 - DX ver. (Good Smile Company, 2015/02)

Figures I may or may not order/try to find, after release

1. iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - Kanzaki Ranko - 1/8 - Anniversary Princess ver., ~Shukuen no Ky.. (Phat Company, 2015/06)

2. Chain Chronicle - Aludra - 1/8 (Alphamax, 2015/05)

3. Sengoku Bushouki Muramasa - Himejijou - 1/350 (Max Factory, 2015/04)

4. Tera: The Exiled Realm of Arborea - Elin - Ouka Tsukikage Ryuu ... (Flare, 2015/04)

5. Tales of Zestiria - Alisha Diphda - 1/8 (Alter, 2015/03)

6. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kuubo Wo-kyuu - 1/8 (Good Smile Company, 2015/02) (Kind of waiting on the Max Factory version)

7. The Seven Deadly Sins - Lucifer - 1/8 - Kuro no Koromo ver. (Hobby Japan, Orchid Seed, 2015/01/16)

Keeping an eye out for when actual finished products and preorders appear...

1. Fate/Apocrypha - Jeanne d'Arc - 1/8 (Gift) (Amazing sculpt, definitely would be a space hog.)

2. The Seven Deadly Sins - Astaroth - 1/8 (Amakuni, Hobby Japan)

3. Berserk - Guts - Wonderful Hobby Selection (Max Factory) (Depends entirely on how well my company does this year)

4. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Amatsukaze - Rensouhou-kun - 1/8 (Amakuni)

5. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kuubo Wo-kyuu - 1/8 (Max Factory)

6. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Akagi (Ques Q) (Not super enthused about Ques Q but I haven't seen anyone else announce Akagi and I need a carrier in my fleet)

7. Log Horizon - Akatsuki (Aquamarine) (Only Akatsuki out there, really hope GSC does one)

8. Fairy Tail - Erza Scarlet (Good Smile Company)

The way too soon, will probably have to wait for a long time but am totally excited for list:

1. GOOD SMILE Racing - Vocaloid - Hatsune Miku - Racing 2015 (Good Smile Company)

2. Shinwa Taisen Gilgamesh Knight - Deena Challenger (Alter, Hobby Japan) (Motorcycles forever)

3. Sword & Wizards ~The Emperor of Sword & Seven Lady Knight~ - Satsukiba Airi (Hobby Japan)

4. Sword & Wizards ~The Emperor of Sword & Seven Lady Knight~ - Felicia von Flamberg (Hobby Japan, Kotobukiya)

5. Sword & Wizards ~The Emperor of Sword & Seven Lady Knight~ - Yukishiro Fuyuka (Hobby Japan, Kotobukiya)

Good taste if I say so myself :p Going by the list, I contribute to the inflation of figure pricing. All my figures are premium cost stuff.

EDIT: Btw my MFC user name is "Ryuuroden" if any of you want to add me who haven't already.

Einbroch

Banned
Rooster girls next big thing.
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Busaiku

Don't take this as golden or anything, but I'm certain I read that Nintendo are considering offering the NFC capability of Amiibo through things like cards, seeing how they're already discontinuing the damn things so quickly... might be a cheaper option if you're not fussed about the figures.

Oh right, I forgot about that.
This would be wonderful.

omlet

Pre Order list:

1. GOOD SMILE Racing - Vocaloid - Hatsune Miku - 1/8 - Racing 2014 (Good Smile Company, 2015/04)

2. God Eater 2 - Ciel Alencon - 1/8 (Good Smile Company, 2015/02)

3. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kongou - 1/8 - Chuuha ver. (Max Factory, 2015/01/15)

4. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Yamato Kai - Wonderful Hobby Selection - Heavy arms Ver. (Good Smile Company, 2015/04)

5. Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Musashi Kai - Wonderful Hobby Selection - Heavy arms Ver. (Max Factory, 2015/06)

6. Shingeki no Kyojin - Mikasa Ackerman - 1/8 - DX ver. (Good Smile Company, 2015/02)
So you're going for the Ciel? I was excited for it when I first saw it but then my enthusiasm cooled, mainly from the cost once that was announced. I still kind of want it, and with the exchange rate now vs when it was announced, it's more tempting, but I dunno, man, my February is already packed (a few things will probably be delayed).
I noticed she just opened back up for preorders on amiami this week (she has been on my watch list since she went up for preorders). I don't expect that to last long. I don't think I've ever lingered on the decision for a figure so long. I'm afraid preordering might be paying too much for her, but it's GSC I dunno.

Zatanna? Oh boy, tempted, please be from July onward.

Also, one friend of mine wanted that Nisekoi blond girl, but I told her to wait and get the superior version. If I had the money I would give her both, but eh...

Zerojul

Hey I am not a fiasco!!! seriously though, Holy shieeeet at that Aiolia!!! how much? is it possable? and yes Omega sucked big time is there any new series based on the classic Saint Seiya being made?
Lol. There's a new mini series, "Soul of Gold", due in April. Supposedly it features the 12 golds after they died breaking the wailing wall in Hades, with new " God Gold Cloth". I'm pretty hyped :)
And the fig is an EX Myth Cloth, based on Aiolia's new Armor in that series.

Does that blond Chitoge have any chance of being delayed? Because if it does, then I could manage to get it for her...

It is from Max Factory, and I remember my Tharja being delayed like a dozen times.

EDIT: What the hell am I thinking? Giving other people figures? Did I just went to another stage of this hobby, the selfless one?

EDIT2: Guys, if you ever find that Shinobu with the bunch of donuts from a trusty seller (or mandarake), gimme a PM or a shout here, please. I found two, but one for 14k and another for 18k yen, kinda hard to swallow.

Ryuuroden

So you're going for the Ciel? I was excited for it when I first saw it but then my enthusiasm cooled, mainly from the cost once that was announced. I still kind of want it, and with the exchange rate now vs when it was announced, it's more tempting, but I dunno, man, my February is already packed (a few things will probably be delayed).

I noticed she just opened back up for preorders on amiami this week (she has been on my watch list since she went up for preorders). I don't expect that to last long. I don't think I've ever lingered on the decision for a figure so long. I'm afraid preordering might be paying too much for her, but it's GSC I dunno.

Well Ciel is down to 115 US dollars now at the current conversion rate which for what you get, I think is pretty good.

omlet

Well Ciel is down to 115 US dollars now at the current conversion rate which for what you get, I think is pretty good.

Well, what I meant was she may go down a bit in price after release because the other GE figures seem to have gone down a bit after release. However this one is GSC and looks really good so it may hold steady or go up. Tough call on this one IMO.

Man, I'm such a fucking pussy. :(

You are making up with amiami so they don't ban you?

WHAT THE FUCK!? How is it so cheap? I paid close to $100 for it. It's impressive as fuck, though. Gigantic. I still can't believe it's only 1/6 scale. Seems bigger than that.

Yeah Midtown comics is having a 40% off on some of there statues and action figures.

Now all I need is superman for tomorrow and I should be set :)

Yeah Midtown comics is having a 40% off on some of there statues and action figures.

Do you already have the Wonder Woman? Mine should be shipping next week, as I ordered from a US retailer. Didn't wanna pay international shipping fees considering how giant the box that Batman came in was. oh man, that sounded wrong.

Do you already have the Wonder Woman? Mine should be shipping next week, as I ordered from a US retailer. Didn't wanna pay international shipping fees considering how giant the box that Batman came in was. oh man, that sounded wrong.

Pre-ordered it from Anime-island.com but it says that they wont get it until February. I'm okay with it and they also have it for $89.99.

Wonder if the discount applies for in their in store item. I rather just walk over there during lunch or after work instead of waiting for shipping.

edit: Ah, I see warehouse sale on their site. so probably not. I'll drop by tomorrow anyway to take a look.

Wonder if the discount applies for in their in store item. I rather just walk over there during lunch or after work instead of waiting for shipping.

edit: Ah, I see warehouse sale on their site. so probably not. I'll drop by tomorrow anyway to take a look.

From the looks of it, it only applies for online orders :(

Edit: The site is getting hit pretty hard right now lol

Is anime-island reliable? Do they ship overseas? I'm thinking about ordering something from them but never bought something there before.

All I know about Anime-Island is I pre-ordered a MegaHouse Ramba Ral reissue from those cunts and I never got it. He came out this past August.

omlet

Is anime-island reliable? Do they ship overseas? I'm thinking about ordering something from them but never bought something there before.
I have never ordered from them but they're an MFC sponsor. If they weren't legit I'm sure they'd have been shooed away from there by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom