• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Man looking at all the upcoming Figma, they really need to slow down and reconsider their selection and release schedule better.

Some stuff is fine but for example
Link from A Link Between Worlds, why do that specific Link when its going to be 2 years later at the earliest until he comes out?
At that point so far past the tie-in why not just do more popular versions?

Also the Kill la Kill Figma for example, the show seemed pretty big so why are they dragging Satsuki for so long.
If its technical problems get them sorted out and get them finished quickly before moving on to your next batch allowing figures to fall so far behind.

Ghost in the Shell Figma as another example, I understand SAC Motoko is infinitely more popular/well known but why spend so much time getting her done asap when time isn't a big factor? SAC is over, has been over and will continue to be over and still popular.
Meanwhile they are slowly going through the time and effort to make Arise Motoko who is already less popular/known and let the Arise series come and go.
Arise Motoko will be almost completely forgotten soon before the figure even releases.

I'm pretty sure that, just like Kotobukiya with their Bioware license issues, what really plays in this is the time it takes to finalise the design/prototype. These are done by several teams/artists and have to get the licensor's approval to go into production. Some licensors will rush through design to get their product out there while it's still hot. Satsuki may have run into prototype problems. Her costume is...challenging to adapt to figma standards (but then again so was Ryuuko and they pulled it off rapidly). Maybe a WonFest reveal?

Along with that we know that GSC has been looking into alternatives for their production (their new factory in Japan should enter activity soon). They probably don't have access to as many factory slots overseas as they did before the yen took the plunge. It might all just be them being a victim of their success, too many models on the production floor and not enough factories to handle them.

And speaking of Ghost in the Shell SAC, RIP Origa :(

Edit : Also pray that no figma ever depends on the PHAT! designers. It'll be instantly delayed 2 years before even drawing the first sketches.

Ultimadrago

You'll get it

You're too kind, dakku.

http://i.imgur.com/MeG4ywt.jpg

Screencap looks very :BGB-Doubleya

If it was something that sat there for more than 8 hours, odds are very good that you'll get it. Also, if it was something you got right after it got listed, odds are also good you'll get it.

Cool. Yeah, seeing that there were two at the same price, I thought no one had pulled the trigger yet, but who knows.

You just popped your Mandarake cherry? :O

Yep! I've looked at it for a while, but just whenever i thought of getting something I'd see it cheaper on AmiAmi.

This time I went through with it for the ChamuChamu (Damn you johnsmith!). We'll see how it goes.

Acid08

Banned
Package shipped six days ago. Still sitting on Inbound Into Customs.

EXPRESS MAIL SERVICE MY ASS

I have zero patience ;_;

Speaking of Mandarake, I think that last night was the fastest it went from payment to shipped.

I paid and three hours later, I already got a shipment notification, lol

Yep! I've looked at it for a while, but just whenever i thought of getting something I'd see it cheaper on AmiAmi.

This time I went through with it for the ChamuChamu (Damn you johnsmith!). We'll see how it goes.

Wow, caved on the Cham-Cham, eh? She's a cutie. I thought about grabbing her, too.

Einbroch

Banned
Watching people break down in the Amiibo thread over not being able to collect all the Amiibos makes me sad. They're so innocent, so naive. They just need to let it go.

Figure-Gaf, I am counting all the coins in my large coin jar. Contemplating on on spending it on figures. I might have a problem.

ibpxuXuSNxeo9W.jpg

I'm pretty sure that, just like Kotobukiya with their Bioware license issues, what really plays in this is the time it takes to finalise the design/prototype. These are done by several teams/artists and have to get the licensor's approval to go into production. Some licensors will rush through design to get their product out there while it's still hot. Satsuki may have run into prototype problems. Her costume is...challenging to adapt to figma standards (but then again so was Ryuuko and they pulled it off rapidly). Maybe a WonFest reveal?

Along with that we know that GSC has been looking into alternatives for their production (their new factory in Japan should enter activity soon). They probably don't have access to as many factory slots overseas as they did before the yen took the plunge. It might all just be them being a victim of their success, too many models on the production floor and not enough factories to handle them.

And speaking of Ghost in the Shell SAC, RIP Origa :(

Edit : Also pray that no figma ever depends on the PHAT! designers. It'll be instantly delayed 2 years before even drawing the first sketches.

True,

omlet

Watching people break down in the Amiibo thread over not being able to collect all the Amiibos makes me sad. They're so innocent, so naive. They just need to let it go.

I can't read those threads. It's nothing but whining about Nintendo and arguing about scalpers. Makes me just want to join in the scalping, honestly.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Mandrake order #1 went through, Sega Satsuki and Ryuko are on their way, still waiting to hear about the nendo I bought yesterday.

Also need to look into filing my first lost package claim in years, the pre-owned Tsukasa Bullet Mizuki I bought from Amiami was last scanned on the 1st of the year, and as far as I can tell never left Japan, this week will be over the 20 working days I have to allow before trying to report it missing.

Also need to look into filing my first lost package claim in years, the pre-owned Tsukasa Bullet Mizuki I bought from Amiami was last scanned on the 1st of the year, and as far as I can tell never left Japan, this week will be over the 20 working days I have to allow before trying to report it missing.

Which one was Mizuki? Was she the ninja girl, or the one that looks like she was designed by Range Murata? If the former, I still have a pre-owned one from Ami that I never opened.

omlet

That sucks... I'm hoping I don't have to do that for a couple nendos I ordered from Amiami earlier this month. They shipped on the 5th, supposedly left Tokyo on the 6th, and have not been seen since. Even for SAL that's pretty bad. Other SAL things that shipped around the same time have all arrived, or are at least in the US and should be here soon.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Which one was Mizuki? Was she the ninja girl, or the one that looks like she was designed by Range Murata? If the former, I still have a pre-owned one from Ami that I never opened.

Mizuki's the Ninja Girl, the other one was called Imai Mariko, and Manadrake canceled on me, to be honest I was only buying her 'cause it was listed at 1k...

Is she one of your regrets?

That sucks... I'm hoping I don't have to do that for a couple nendos I ordered from Amiami earlier this month. They shipped on the 5th, supposedly left Tokyo on the 6th, and have not been seen since. Even for SAL that's pretty bad. Other SAL things that shipped around the same time have all arrived, or are at least in the US and should be here soon.

Yeah it sucks, she was what set me off on my little Tsukasa Bullet quest, the first one I ordered of the three (4 if you count the canceled Imai Mariko) and the other two (one SAL from Manadrake, and the other EMS from Solaris Japan) both arrived already. Fingers crossed your turns up this week...

Acid08

Banned
Mandrake order #1 went through, Sega Satsuki and Ryuko are on their way, still waiting to hear about the nendo I bought yesterday.

So jelly. I need those in my life.

BubonicKnave

Neo Member
Went over to Yahoo Japan Auctions to find Satsuki and manged to get her for only 1610 yen, but then I got distracted by some tapestries/wall scrolls and ended spending another 12k on those. I guess now I won't have to feel so bad about having to ship a single figure by EMS.

StayDead

Kaga and Hiei are still preparing. I mean they're being delivered to the place I'm moving too next week so there's no rush, but I want them now ;_____;

RMI

Banned
Hah, that's what you think. Then you look over and there's actually like 50 nendos.

haha, I hope not. I'll be on my 5th one when Nendo Mario comes out this year. Compared to scale figs and figmas, it's the smallest part of my collection.

chrono01

i think I should start throwing away boxes. It'll give me sooooo much more space

don't do it. You'll regret it if you have to move or sell.
Listen to this man. Don't do it!

For Figma/Nendoroid, you could maybe do it. Maybe. I'll still never part with the boxes.

For scaled figures, though, you're going to want the inner components so the figure can rest comfortably/safely inside so they don't get damaged.

BBTS has the Pink Chun-Li in stock. Only $145! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Koto pissed me off on this one when they limited it to only 100 pieces on the US shop.

RMI

Banned
Listen to this man. Don't do it!

For Figma/Nendoroid, you could maybe do it. Maybe. I'll still never part with the boxes.

For scaled figures, though, you're going to want the inner components so the figure can rest comfortably/safely inside so they don't get damaged.

Seriously, it was still a huge pain still even to repack them WITH THE BOXES but when i moved this summer everything was safe and sound. The only piece I didn't repack was Nuclear Fusion Rin, just because she is a pain. so i wound up driving her to the storage in the passanger seat of my car, and then again from the storage unit after we closed on the house.

I can't imagine going through this without the original packaging, and if I ever move back to the west coast, God help me even with the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom