• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

54BC8FB24B24740036

54BC8FB44B2DC80023

54BC8FB44B3C370009

Boogiepop

So, though it frightens me, being on AmiAmi both caused me to notice that the Lucina Figma has a release date now... and that there's a Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura one coming out as well. And a freaking Conan with generic shadowy criminal! Gah. Amiibo are already taking up too much of my budget, I'm going to drown in figures! And it's weird to have two Figmas that I really want coming out so close to one another, since a lot of them aren't things I'm terribly interested in for one reason or another. Like, I have Link, Pit, and Dark Pit from the line, and I think there were only like 3-4 max that I could pick out that I would've considered purchasing before recently.

Anyway, is it better to put a preorder in now for this stuff, or is it usually okay to wait? How is cancelling, for if the need arises?

Acid08

Banned
I always had the opposite experience with SAL and EMS.

EMS will usually come to SF, clear customs in like less than a day and be delivered in one to two. I think it takes longer for it to just leave Japan. I usually get stuff in like 5 days.

SAL usually ends up going down to LA, so it usually takes like 2-3 weeks to get here.

SAL Parcel is the price of EMS with the speed of SAL Registered. No reason to pay for slow service unless you are trying to time it or something.

Huh, interesting. Everything I've ordered has shipped EMS and it always comes through SF. I live in the Bay Area so it's usually at my door a day or two after it clears customs. But SAL won't come through SF though?

Yeah, I'm sold. My Selvaria collection will continue to grow. Eyes are a little too pink though.

I don't even care about the price. I paid more for ebCraft's Selvaria back when it released - it was 16k!

The face is amazing. That was the one issue I had with the Alter version. And this is 1/6 scale, too. May order from HLJ just so I'm not locked into anything.

The following are release dates and changes for January/February 2015 products.
For a complete list of upcoming release dates, please see the Product Release Schedule.

Please note these are the release dates for Japan. The overseas shipping dates may differ from the dates listed below.

The following release dates have been confirmed:

Shipping out from GSC on the 26th January 2015:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Tina

Shipping out from GSC on the 28th January 2015:
Good Smile Company - The Important Things in Life T-Shirt: I am the RULEBOOK ver.
Phat! Company - Satsuki Kiryuin: Kamui Junketsu ver.
Phat! Company - Sawa Okita
FREEing - Super Pochaco: Bunny Ver.
WING - Event Staff Girl

Shipping out from GSC on the 29th January 2015:
AQUAMARINE - Chris Yukine: Bunny style
threezero - Game of Thrones: Tyrion Lannister
threezero - TITANFALL ATLAS

Shipping out from GSC on the 2nd February 2015:
FREEing - Satellizer L. Bridget: Button Shirt Ver.
FREEing - Nyaruko: Bunny Ver.

The following products have had their release dates changed:

Delayed from January to February 2015:
Good Smile Company - Saber Extra
Good Smile Company - Super Sonico: After The Party
Max Factory - Samurai (Katanako): Another Color Ver.
Max Factory - figma Nagato
Phat! Company - Minicchu IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls 03
Phat! Company - Chiaki Nanami
Phat! Company - Yasuna & Sonya
Phat! Company - Sachiko Koshimizu: Self-Proclaimed Cute Ver.
Phat! Company - Sachiko Koshimizu: Self-Proclaimed Cute Ver. - On Stage Edition
Phat! Company - Mental Model Takao
FREEing - Alice Kuonji
FREEing - Racing Miku: Sepang Ver.
Penguin Parade - Asuna & Yui Vignette Figure
AQUAMARINE - Fate Testarossa: Swimsuit Parka style
threezero - DEAD SPACE 3: Isaac Clarke
threezero - APHRODITE A

Delayed from January to March 2015:
Good Smile Company - Nendoroid Mashiro Mitsumine

Delayed from January to April 2015:
Penguin Parade - Galilei Donna: Hazuki Ferrari

Other products not mentioned yet are still in the final stages of quality control and as soon as we have a set date we will inform you. Please note that the actual date of products releasing in stores will differ depending on your location. Weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances may also delay products, however we will inform you as soon as possible if this is the case.

buX1yXb.png

Hurray, this month will be slightly less expensive!

OH COME ON! Not only does Chiaki get delayed, but Yasuna & Sonya (Kill Me Baby) too? GRRRRRR

I think that leaves me nothing for January except Batwoman bishoujo and Solid Snake Nendo.

kewlmyc

Delayed from January to February 2015:
Phat! Company - Chiaki Nanami

buX1yXb.png

Hurray, this month will be slightly less expensive!

OH COME ON! Not only does Chiaki get delayed, but Yasuna & Sonya (Kill Me Baby) too? GRRRRRR

I think that leaves me nothing for January except Batwoman bishoujo and Solid Snake Nendo.

Eh, it's to be expected honestly. Hopefully, she releases in March. I have no Feb Amiami orders but have a bunch of other preorders elsewhere like Demon Homura and the New 3DS stuff.

Giolon

The face is amazing. That was the one issue I had with the Alter version. And this is 1/6 scale, too. May order from HLJ just so I'm not locked into anything.

It really is. While the ebCraft figure very nicely translated the look of Selvaria's face from the game into figure form, this one has done the best at capturing Raita's illustration of her face. Though, Alter did a pretty good job of her face on the swimsuit figure.

As nicely made a figure as it is, that Valkyria ver. figure got it all wrong though. It's too round, and she almost looks like she's smiling.

Settin

I think I managed to get the Ike amiibo via AmiAmi, fucking finally. Let's wait and see if the purchase actually goes through.

No more sleepless nights until Lucina, Robin and ZSS, thank god.

You could stay up trying to get amiibos OR I could come to your house dressed as ZSS. Do you want to be the big spoon or the little spoon?

Giolon

Coming back and looking at Vertex's Selvaria again, I feel like her hair is too dark. Maybe it'll look better in different lighting.

Femto.

Awwwww yiiiisss Saber Extra is delayed!

Selvaria's face turned out great! Her price and breast though...too much.
Not sure whether I should settle for Atler's or Vertex's after I finish the game.

Meyneth

Is that what you kids are calling it these days?
But she's sooo pretty with her pastel paint and framing umbrella :O

Selvaria is tempting.

Honestly, I might have to choose between them, not sure I can get em' both.
My reasoning is that I don't own a selvaria yet, so I'm allowed to buy this one. Also that contrast between the glossy leg things and the matte dress is sooo gooooood

meijiko

So, though it frightens me, being on AmiAmi both caused me to notice that the Lucina Figma has a release date now... and that there's a Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura one coming out as well. And a freaking Conan with generic shadowy criminal! Gah. Amiibo are already taking up too much of my budget, I'm going to drown in figures! And it's weird to have two Figmas that I really want coming out so close to one another, since a lot of them aren't things I'm terribly interested in for one reason or another. Like, I have Link, Pit, and Dark Pit from the line, and I think there were only like 3-4 max that I could pick out that I would've considered purchasing before recently.

Anyway, is it better to put a preorder in now for this stuff, or is it usually okay to wait? How is cancelling, for if the need arises?

I'd say that preordering is best for figmas. Though Max Factory is pretty good about meeting initial demand, they don't often reprint once they're sold out. There are a few exceptions, of course, such as Link and Samus getting a reprint due to their success overseas, as well as Kirito and Asuna to meet the huge demand for them after SAO really took off in popularity.

That said, for non-exclusive figmas that aren't of super popular characters, generally they stick around for a while in stores after release. Once they sell out, their aftermarket prices can rise a bit, but generally they don't go up a whole lot. Sales are rare, I believe, as is the chance that they'll go down in price aftermarket, so if you're really after a character, preordering is often best, but it's not the end of the world if you decide to wait.

As for cancelling, it depends a bit on the store. Most Japanese stores don't like you canceling orders, but they'll sometimes do it if you ask nicely. Do it too much, or do it after release, and you may end up blacklisted.

Bombless

Phat Satsuki releases : YES!

Yasuna & Sonia, Nagato and Takao delayed : NOOOOO!

*notices Selvaria's full pictures* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Positivity wins
and the wallet loses

sca2511

I have a room attached to my garage that's not attached to the house. It's where all my boxes will go once I unpack my figures. XD

I wish that was my situation

Listen to this man. Don't do it!

For Figma/Nendoroid, you could maybe do it. Maybe. I'll still never part with the boxes.

For scaled figures, though, you're going to want the inner components so the figure can rest comfortably/safely inside so they don't get damaged.

My GF collects a few nendoroids and she's been throwing away the boxes :x

I see what everyone is saying about the benefits of keeping the boxes, for moving or selling (I don't sell many things). I'm starting to see it as an issue of trying to keep everything intact or I guess in a way, hoarding. I feel that it'll be liberating to let them go, maybe it'll happen someday. I know that I'll never let go of the Sideshow boxes though.

edit: that Selvaria might be the best one I've seen or at the very least, #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom