• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Hopefully will get dispatched earlier and will actually come, don't wanna do what I did for Little Mac ;__; bought it on eBay £18 or so, so not too bad but still =/

Mine dispatched yesterday I think. It should be ok. In any case I also have an order with GAME so if I get hold of two and you need one I may be able to help you out, granted if GAME dispatch them at all :p

taoofjord

*Nudges Snkfanatic* You sure you don't wanna get it next time you go to that store ;P?

Oh and F4F:
10419979_10152642731021732_3771389857981443324_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/First4Figures/photos/a.385646146731.166046.129298161731/10152642731021732/?type=1

I'd love a Wind Waker Gannondorf and this doesn't look bad from that teaser image but I really dislike everything I've seen them do. The faces look off, the poses are weird, and the overall impression is of something cheaply made.

chrono01

As much as I love the scaled shipgirls, this one I just shake my head at. Damaged versions are a waste anyway. Gimme full Burning Love version!
I'm going to be honest here, I would have preferred a non-damaged version too.

However, considering this is Max Factory [and I can't see them going back doing another version of Kongo, not with as many characters as there are in KanColle], it was either this Kongo or none.

I don't dislike the damaged version [obviously, if I did I wouldn't have ordered her], but it would have been better to have one of her in her default attack pose.

I don't dislike the damaged version [obviously, if I did I wouldn't have ordered her], but it would have been better to have one of her in her default attack pose.

So are you still going to buy Max Factory's Wo-Class? Dat price gonna be brutal. Go GSC, Chrono-kun. It's safer.

chrono01

So are you still going to buy Max Factory's Wo-Class? Dat price gonna be brutal. Go GSC, Chrono-kun. It's safer.
I'm planning on it. I love how unique she looks. Not that typical "cute girl", she just looks...menacing.

But yeah, the price will be difficult to swallow, I'm sure. Hopefully Max Factory announces something soon before GSC's version is impossible to find. -_-

chrono01

Thing is, I have a feeling that since we're expecting 20-25k, she'll probably end up being 30k.
Yeah, 30k is definitely my breaking point. Hell, 25k might be too much.

If she's 20k, I can pay that. Anything beyond that and I'll have to give it some serious consideration, but there's no way in hell I'll pay 30k. Not happening, ever. Even I have my limits.

chrono01

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me. I wouldn't be the one out 30k. That's like its own punishment.
True enough.

But yeah, I like her just not for the amount MF will likely ask for her. I know it, deep down, will be more than I'm willing to spend, and yet I can't commit to another Wo-Class until I know for sure.

But yeah, I like her just not for the amount MF will likely ask for her. I know it, deep down, will be more than I'm willing to spend, and yet I can't commit to another Wo-Class until I know for sure.

I know the yen is doing poorly, but Max Factory has just gone bananas with their prices. Seemingly moreso than anyone else.

Acid08

Banned
I know the yen is doing poorly, but Max Factory has just gone bananas with their prices. Seemingly moreso than anyone else.

I was thinking about this with that Alter Maki figure. I know it's 1/7 and all but man....seems so expensive for a swimsuit figure. Though I guess Alter is known for their high quality, yeah?

chrono01

Like that gem Miku figure.:|
The prices have definitely gone insane. I was, and still am, shocked about the price of that Hatsune Miku. I normally love Shining Wizard sculpts too, but for that price? Nope!

The face looks a little odd too, so that doesn't help things.

I was thinking about this with that Alter Maki figure. I know it's 1/7 and all but man....seems so expensive for a swimsuit figure. Though I guess Alter is known for their high quality, yeah?
Alter is pretty much the best figure manufacturer. They have a lot of delays, but they usually meet the high expectations from fans. I'm sure Maki will be the same situation.

Giolon

For all you Nendo addicts out there, did you see that Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX is getting a western release in May? It's basically Nendo Miku & Friends - the game.

Wanderer5

For all you Nendo addicts out there, did you see that Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX is getting a western release in May? It's basically Nendo Miku & Friends - the game.

Looking forward to it. I enjoyed Project Diva 2nd on the PSP a lot, and I never got around getting a vita to enjoy the latest diva games on the go, so I definitely going to look into this one.

Alter is certainly one of the best, but even their prices have gone up. 15k for their Labrys is insane. Though considering it's still available at most shops, I expect her to get a price-drop after release. She's not going to move very well at that price.

The prices have definitely gone insane. I was, and still am, shocked about the price of that Hatsune Miku. I normally love Shining Wizard sculpts too, but for that price? Nope!

The face looks a little odd too, so that doesn't help things.

The thing I can't get over in regards to Gem Miku is how hunched over she is. That just throws everything else off.

For further nendo-esque gaming, see also - Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (Vita). Out next month (EU/US):

hyper-goddess-creed-noire-planet-destroyer-black-heart-2013126114234_5.jpg

hyperdevotion-noire-2.png

hyperdevotion-noire-2-650x368.jpg

StayDead

Playing Hyperdevotion Noire just reminds me that I don't have a Noire nendo and it upsets me. I'm literally throwing all the money I have left before I get a job at the screen and that nendo isn't coming out.

RMI

Banned
I use CC. Paypal sucks.

Me too. I have a CapitalOne card that gives me the actual exchange rate, no foreign transaction fee, and 1.5% cash back. Never use PayPal to pay for anything except for eBay if possible; there's no upside at all. By properly managing a few cards and paying them in full every month I'm getting hundreds of dollars of cash back on a yearly basis across all of my spending, and it costs me nothing.

omlet

Me too. I have a CapitalOne card that gives me the actual exchange rate, no foreign transaction fee, and 1.5% cash back. Never use PayPal to pay for anything except for eBay if possible; there's no upside at all. By properly managing a few cards and paying them in full every month I'm getting hundreds of dollars of cash back on a yearly basis across all of my spending, and it costs me nothing.

Yep, same here. I put everything on plastic these days except things that charge fees to do so (which is really just a couple utility bills) and pay zero out the debt every month. When using PP you can use your CC but I still avoid using them unless it's the only option.

Ultimadrago

Does Mandarake show you how much shipping will be before confirming an order? I want to try DHL, but if it's double the price of the figure I may pass.

omlet

Does Mandarake show you how much shipping will be before confirming an order? I want to try DHL, but if it's double the price of the figure I may pass.

Nope, just like amiami they pack it first, determine the cost, then charge you. The DHL is gonna be more. I bought a scale last week and this was in the order confirmation email:

Note :
(Postage reference)
SAL→ 1980
EMS→ 3600
DHL→ 4400

Naturally I went with SAL (I had already selected that at checkout, I guess they were just giving me the options in case I wanted to change) XD

Ultimadrago

Nope, just like amiami they pack it first, determine the cost, then charge you. The DHL is gonna be more. I bought a scale last week and this was in the order confirmation email:

Note :
(Postage reference)
SAL→ 1980
EMS→ 3600
DHL→ 4400

Naturally I went with SAL (I had already selected that at checkout, I guess they were just giving me the options in case I wanted to change) XD

Buu. Thanks!

Einbroch

Banned
DHL can be cheaper than EMS. DHL charges less-per-kilo than EMS, but more-per-meter in terms of size. My package last month that was really heavy, but small, was actually cheaper using DHL, by about 1k.

EMS will be cheaper 95% of the time, though.

Settin

What exactly is the problem some people seem to have with Paypal?

Have been using it since nearly the start and only issue I had was that you previously couldn't link a prepaid gift card.
It's more complicated than a card, doesn't give rewards, and my card has much better fraud protection.

Yay, I finally got mine. Even Homer is impressed with her mounds of joy.

Now we play the waiting game for regular Lucifer, Beelzebub and Satan... and every variant in between.

I like you

Einbroch

Banned
What exactly is the problem some people seem to have with Paypal?

Have been using it since nearly the start and only issue I had was that you previously couldn't link a prepaid gift card.

PayPal gives stale/bad rates (usually you pay 2-3% more than simply using a card) and if you use a more popular card/account out there you're going to pay another 1-3% conversion fee. You're basically losing 5% of your money on every purchase. Throw in cards like the CapitalOne Quicksilver card that charge no fee and you get 1.5% cash back on everything, you're spending ~6-7% extra for no reason.

That's why PayPal "sucks". If you have no other alternative, that's fine. It's not a bad service. It's just that there are so many alternative ways to pay out there that can save you a lot of money in the long haul. If you just spend $500 a year on figures, which is low for a lot in here, but high for others, you're throwing away $30, which is another NENDO BABY!

Anony

i dont know where you guys are, but for canada, DHL is garbage
they will charge you on an import NO MATTER WHAT
i believe they arent suppose to charge you (handling fee) on anything below 20$ but people have been charged so i've heard countless times
the amount you get charged is high too, unless you've buying something really expensive where you know you will get charged/taxed for sure, do not use DHL

Bombless

Yay, I finally got mine. Even Homer is impressed with her mounds of joy.

Now we play the waiting game for regular Lucifer, Beelzebub and Satan... and every variant in between.

Homer is totally checking out that picnic basket. I also apreciate how you kept Belphegor in her best version.

Man looking at all the upcoming Figma, they really need to slow down and reconsider their selection and release schedule better.

Some stuff is fine but for example
Link from A Link Between Worlds, why do that specific Link when its going to be 2 years later at the earliest until he comes out?
At that point so far past the tie-in why not just do more popular versions?

Also the Kill la Kill Figma for example, the show seemed pretty big so why are they dragging Satsuki for so long.
If its technical problems get them sorted out and get them finished quickly before moving on to your next batch causing everything to slow down.

Ghost in the Shell Figma as another example, I understand SAC Motoko is infinitely more popular/well known but why spend so much time getting her done asap when time isn't a big factor?
SAC is over, has been over and will continue to be over and still popular.
Meanwhile they are slowly going through the time and effort to make Arise Motoko who is already less popular/known but they let the Arise series come and go.
Arise Motoko will be almost completely forgotten soon before the figure even releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom