• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Mashiro delayed until March...

mashiro.gif

I didn't order her myself, but feels going out for those who did.

Its no big deal. Helps me out al ittle since it makes January a bit less of death month.

Meyneth

:( I've been considering changing my figinstock alerts to actually make noise on my phone. I haven't done it yet but if I miss out on some things again I might.

Also, in case you didn't see since thread moves fast: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148074176&postcount=11651
I got the alert too, and the time stamp was at 4:37am. I'm not sure if a noise notification would help me at that point, I'm pretty sure I die when I'm sleeping. :/

I'm glad the magic eraser thing worked out for you. I found that the same trick helps for when you get smudges on nendo noses too :D
Also, I didn't realize that her wings were clear. I thought they were painted white for some reason

Some may be posted but new page, so posting again in case people missed it:
Unboxing galleries:
Nendoroid Koizumi Hanayo
o0515040913192799998.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘LoveLive!’ comes a Nendoroid of the normally calm and quiet character who becomes very enthusiastic about idols and white rice – Koizumi Hanayo! She has been sculpted wearing her outfit used in the song ‘Bokura wa Ima no Naka de’ and comes with both a smiling expression as well as a distressed expression to recreate her ‘someone help me~!’ line!

Koizumi also comes with all sorts of arm and leg parts to pose her in various scenes – from dancing on stage to suffering from stage fright!! Be sure to display her together with the previously announced and other upcoming members of μ’s! ♪
Give Your Collection a God Complex

The idea of humanity versus the gods is as old as religion itself, but Glitch Network, an Indonesian-based urban vinyl studio, gives the classic setup a modern twist with their God Complex line of 1/6 scale figures. Sunny Gho, one of their art directors, flew over to our office for a brief chat about their current lineup, artist collaborations and where Zeus got his stylish suit.

bc7bba8a.jpg

Daiki Kougyou fully reveals Original Character Okuyama Terue 1/5.5 scale figure
Daiki Kougyou reveals today their Original Character Okuyama Terue figure, with painted prototype photos and information. In her quite impressive 1/5.5 scale, Okuyama Terue stands 15.5 cm tall and and is sculpted by Tsuta Fuutoko. The figure, showing Okuyama Terue in an almost all pink outfit, is based on an original illustration by Nishiki Yoshimune, appeared on the cover of the April 2014 issue of TECH GIAN Magazine.

Okuyama Terue is proposed in a sitting pose, wearing a quite revealing pink bikini and frilly miniskirt, with her original look completed by a red scarf, ski goggles, and a pink snowboard complete with white boots. Original Character Okuyama Terue by Daiki Kougyou is castoffable and can her clothes and accessories can be removed to the point to be able to display the figure only with white socks and her black and red ski goggles.

With a price of ¥14000 and release date set for June 2015, the figure is currently up for pre-order.

B7sCGN0CYAAhseR.jpg:large

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles Selvaria Bles 1/6 by Vertex painted prototype and preorder information

After teasers of the past days, Vertex fully reveals today their Selvaria Bles from Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles figure, also announcing pre-order information.

Sculpted in a 1/6 scale by M.I.C. and based on an illustration by Raita, the figure stands 25 cm tall and will be officially up for pre-order starting tomorrow, January 20th, 2015 with a price of ¥15000 and release date set for May 2015.

Waiting for pre-orders to open, here’s the full preview gallery of Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles Selvaria Bles 1/6 scale figure by Vertex released by the company today.

plum_mushialternate-1.jpg

Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyou Mushibugyo by PLUM alternate version official photos
PLUM reveals today official photos of their alternate version of Mushibugyo 1/7 scale figure from Joujuu Senjin!! Mushibugyou, finally fully showing the painted prototype of the figure previously seen only in exhibition photos. There isn’t much information about the figure at this time, so here’s photos released by PLUM today.
Homura Miku and Snomura
Madoka+Snow+Festival

Madoka chief animation director Junichirou Taniguchi is doing everything he can to stop Frozen from dominating this February's Sapporo Snow Festival. Will flipping Snow Miku and Homura's outfits be enough? The Crypton Future Media booth will also display a snow art Kyuubey and hold an orchestral concert of Madoka music--that is, assuming you can hear it over the crowd singing "Let It Go."

Official homepage: http://www.madoka-magica.com/news/
No Cure For Gundam Fever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU_azR1t92s
The scamps behind the Gundam Fever Project cooked up a totally sweet prank--have a Char Custom Zaku attack an office building and freak everyone out! That's what they get for working overtime when they should be home watching anime. Winter 2015's gonna go down in history as one of the greats, don't waste it at a cubicle people!

http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/2015/1/19/news-roundup
just got the notification that my Charlotte Dunois 1:4 scale poodle girl figure shipped. Wonder how big that box is gonna be?
Shouldn't be too big Hobby Search marked it as SAL-able

Boogiepop

I'd say that preordering is best for figmas. Though Max Factory is pretty good about meeting initial demand, they don't often reprint once they're sold out. There are a few exceptions, of course, such as Link and Samus getting a reprint due to their success overseas, as well as Kirito and Asuna to meet the huge demand for them after SAO really took off in popularity.

That said, for non-exclusive figmas that aren't of super popular characters, generally they stick around for a while in stores after release. Once they sell out, their aftermarket prices can rise a bit, but generally they don't go up a whole lot. Sales are rare, I believe, as is the chance that they'll go down in price aftermarket, so if you're really after a character, preordering is often best, but it's not the end of the world if you decide to wait.

As for cancelling, it depends a bit on the store. Most Japanese stores don't like you canceling orders, but they'll sometimes do it if you ask nicely. Do it too much, or do it after release, and you may end up blacklisted.

Right, thanks. I think I'll probably hold off a bit longer and make sure I can afford them before I place a preorder then. Geeze though, was not expecting three Figmas I wanted in such short succession. Still, I wouldn't object if they'd get a decent Ran and Kogoro on the market to go with that Conan... (It seriously is crazy to me that those characters still don't seem to have anything but crummy little keychain figures, far as I can tell, considering how long the series has run!)

Boogiepop

Oh god, there's a Figuarts Ranma Male, Female, and Genma as a panda announced. Why did I need to discover this, I'm totally going to have to buy all of those. My poor wallet has been set up for quite a hit in the past 24 hours. Thank god those at least don't have a release date yet, far as I can tell...

SoldnerKei

I am really diggin those desings, too bad the figures are quite expensive :c

got lucky and found a Zelda amiibo from a department store, dunno if Zelda had more love when she was made, but it looks pretty good, not like his derpy fellow prince
ss
Marf

Bittercup

I can't believe this finally happened. I got Momohime!
I'm so happy :)
momohimelod6f.png

Such a beautiful figure.

next problem: why does this month have to drag so long. I already overspend my monthly budget on figures and want to buy more.

NotLiquid

Yesss nice to hear that Satsuki has a release date. But really, I'm more excited about the Bunny Pochaco releasing. It's probably going to be my biggest figure.

george_us

Hold the fuck up Selvaria is 15k?! I don't have any preorders that month but Christ figures are getting more and more expensive.

Still day one tho.

I can't believe this finally happened. I got Momohime!
I'm so happy :)
momohimelod6f.png

Such a beautiful figure.

next problem: why does this month have to drag so long. I already overspend my monthly budget on figures and want to buy more.
Congrats, it is a great figure =)
Isn't that Selvaria made by like, fucking VERTEX though? XD
Got stung by the price drop Vertex Misturu got ;__; but probs still order her day 1 cause VC X'D

I really hope Max Factory takes full advantage of the Figfix brand's potential.
Don't just redo the same characters but also do lesser characters that wouldn't really be that great as a figma themselves or that would just be uneeded extra to most people.
(characters like enemy commanders from Girls und Panzer, Daru from Steins;Gate, SAO girls, Princess Zelda, freaking Inuyasha to go with Figma Kagome and so on.)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What a horrible message. :(
While promoting that any shape is beautiful is a healthy message to promote, it's rather backwards of them to then basically show them just gouging down on food. It's one thing to celebrate natural shapes, it's another to basically make a force feeding fetish group.

And that line "sweat dripped through my breast" ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

And yet he is in more demand than your favourite figurine.

Wanderer5

Guess I a bit glad I didn't really push to preorder Ike heh. I might still want to check out Marth when he re-releases but man these fire emblem amiibos are sure rough.

I glad Fox amiibo turned out pretty good.

Guess I a bit glad I didn't really push to preorder Ike heh. I glad Fox amiibo turned out pretty good.

I said no to a Fox amiibo in a store nearby because my january haul (which was empty) is now huge as fuck.

I fear for the months that are already packed, my wallet weeps.

Einbroch

Banned
And yet he is in more demand than your favourite figurine.

How depressing. Honestly I think the only thing keeping figures (Nendos and Figmas in particular) is the barrier of entry. Foreign currencies, exclusives, long waits for preorders, limited amount of English coverage, etc.

I mean, people still think that Figmas are $80. People think that you need to jump through hoops to order from sites like AmiAmi.

I also think that Amiibos are going to crash this year. The fever pitch can't last forever, and when people look back at their in-game implementation and quality issues, they'll wise up. You already have people in the Amiibo thread just wanting to complete the Smash line then back out of collecting them, because there's no point. This must be what PC gamers feel like. :3

ALSO FUCK AMIIBOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom