• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I have this completionist problem where if I see a must have figure that is part of a line of must have figures...well you see what just happened there. It happened three times already with K-on, and once with Madoka figures. I shudder to think of the future.

I have this completionist problem where if I see a must have figure that is part of a line of must have figures...well you see what just happened there. It happened three times already with K-on, and once with Madoka figures. I shudder to think of the future.
I did that with the original play-arts for advent children. Those were only $25 a piece though

I'm being a completionist with the Girls und panzer figmas, and trying to resist getting all the K'On Alter figures. Too much money.

omlet

Woke up to my payment request for my January Amiami order.
dHookam.jpg

the EMS... it burns... it burns usssss preciousssssss... I probably should have split it for two SAL packages but oh well.

And if we're talking totals for the month...counting shipping costs...let's see here...

A little over 50k. And this was after starting the month with only 7k worth of nendos ordered.

._.

I'm emailing Rightstuf tonight to cancel my pre-order for Devil Homura. I need to let go of a few things, and she'll save me $270 or so.

Noooo :(

Well, with the additional price you pay in CAD vs USD right now, I can kind of understand. Here's hoping you can find her later when your wallet is a little more prepared.

I'm way too late to the party for Elin, aren't I? Please tell my wallet I'm too late.

But tell me I'm not

Preorders closed at amiami and HLJ earlier this week, actually. Profound sadness.

kewlmyc

My January was awful at first but two of the bigger items got delayed so it's not so bad now compared to before. Still around $400 though.

RMI

Banned
looks like we all got nailed early.

Probably a lot of it was delayed December orders lol.

It was a blessing in disguise. I could have added another 10k to my order in preowned figs had it not already shipped. Now I'm waiting until April or so before I have another order I can add to.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
My January is not even as bad as some of you, sitting at 60k before shipping and import tax...

Next month though LOL....

February 128k
March 33k
April 118k
May 35k
June 30k
July
August 98k
Sept 30k
Oct
Nov 12k
Dec 38k

Yaari

Shiro came in, looks good. a little smear on the lower bottom of her leg, but good otherwise. Spend a good 10 min trying to remove those legs, afraid I'd break something. Damn plastic.

It's a Tamashii limited thing, so I got it from N-Y. It's up on Bij too but a bit more expensive...
Here's the link for the solo Spazer if you want :
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-others/10703-super-robot-chogokin-spazer-limited-edition.html

Thanks! pre-odered from nippon-yasan, oh man I waited almost 2 years for this Spazer!! you are going to love that Grendizer, it's very well made, the head on the new one looks slightly different, maybe they improved the design or maybe it's just in the picture that looks like it.

My January is not even as bad as some of you, sitting at 60k before shipping and import tax...

We have to do something about July and October, that doesn't look right!

My january suddenly got up to 16k and I freaked out, since my soft cap was 9k. It is still inside my hard cap so I can manage it, but goddamn I need to stop visiting the pre-owned section of AmiAmi.

Jupiter

So, I ordered two figures from Mandarake, cost was 11,000yen and DHL shipping is 17,000 yen to Texas. That's a bit high for shipping isn't it? Would EMS be cheaper?

Wonfes is coming up soon. So I will probably wait until Wonfes before I start pre-ordering again. I still have plenty of time to think about that Native Tony figure.

Of course Alisha is exception. But she is still not showing up again....

Finger crossed for Riobot Lazengann showing up at Wonfes.

CC: Chrono...does he have a Vita XD?
tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-kamina-1-8.jpg

1/8 Scale at N-Y for
JPY

I will save up to buy that. I don't care if it's N-Y, I have a mighty need for that Kamina.

omlet

So, I ordered two figures from Mandarake, cost was 11,000yen and DHL shipping is 17,000 yen to Texas. That's a bit high for shipping isn't it? Would EMS be cheaper?

EMS would have been cheaper...probably.

Holy crap 17k for shipping for two figures... what did you order, figures made out of lead?! Two Ultimate Madoka-sized gargantuaboxes?

I always use SAL registered from mandarake when I can. For a 7k scale figure I ordered this month that was heavy (for a PVC scale) it was only 2k for shipping. The EMS quote was 3600 and DHL was 4400. I'm also in Texas.

Yessssssss, Chrom will be mine.

Now hurry up and show off Ieyasu.

Nah Chara-Forme, so like Nendo but without the accessories(?)
then again most accessories the character they've made are their weapons so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They are also not poseable like Nendos. And their base is probably too big for them. It was also a bitch to put in and keep in place Mitsunari's sword.

The box is pretty jazzy though.

Ryuuroden

February 128k
March 33k
April 118k
May 35k
June 30k
July
August 98k
Sept 30k
Oct
Nov 12k
Dec 38k

lol that's like my LEGO costs, heh. I spent 3k USD last October on Lego sets and bricks for my Orthanc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom