• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkadios

Congrats =D

Thanks!

every time this figure pops up

which was 2 pages ago for the most recent, it tries to get me to break every rule I have about figure buying

Tell us more about those rules. We can help you break free of those binds.

Chronoexe

Start checking eBay with different key terms. That's how I scooped my set up!

EDIT: Check your PMs.

Thank you, I made my order they cost more than expected, but i'm happy now.

LGbSaAG.jpg

which was 2 pages ago for the most recent, it tries to get me to break every rule I have about figure buying

Just look at her.

She wants you to press that pre-order button, don't resist.

Yo!

Nendos are what I like the most. I only own the Sonic one but the Link and Solid Snake ones are just calling out to me... As well as a lot of the Vocaloid ones.

Knew you had good taste. Nendos are best.

They also have a Darth Vader and Stormtrooper ones coming out at some point if you are into Star Wars.

omlet

yeah, mostly that's my reason to buy Cordelia(not that I don't like her, I just have others characters I like a lot more than her), and that list, just add Severa and pretty much I feel the same, specially Cherche(waifu on second playthrou) & Anna(loved her design in this game a LOT)
I still haven't played through a second time yet. I started a game with FeMC but didn't get that far yet. Not sure who I'll husbando for that play. I don't think I'd be able to play again with MaMC and not marry Nowi again <_< Once you go manakete you never go back.

There are still a few characters I haven't picked up yet (Severa is one of them) because I haven't finished getting some key skills on parents. I think I'm going to have a hard time making headway on a replay until after I finish recruiting all the children in my main game, even though that's really overkill since I'm not buying their overpriced DLC and have already cleared the main game months back.

Ninja Girl isn't lost, just late as fuck...

Good news!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you, I made my order they cost more than expected, but i'm happy now.

No problem :) It's weird since the site I linked you was marked cheaper than my eBay purchase (maybe due to eBay/Paypal fees). Still, it is a limited sold-out item that we wouldn't be able to get otherwise. Glad I'm getting a set.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Speaking of currency, it's becoming strange to see figures listed in dollars and not yen. I have more of a reference point with yen. It's like when you're learning a language and start dreaming in it.
Spending to much time with this thread is what does it LOL, we all understand JPY almost better then our local currency's...

!!! Same dispatch date as my P.O.P Ace, still hasn't arrived, don't have tracking though =/, hoping it's like yours and only just arrived into the UK.
Might be on the same plane, this is why I always go tracked though, hope it arrives for you soon...

Being a Hot Toys collector actually explains a lot about your preorder prices.
I realize now you guys thought it was all anime figures.

I'm trying to do both Lego and Hot Toys at the same time. It's brutal :(
Makes sense. I guess you have their GotG and SW output in there. If you're planning on getting Hot Toys AOU stuff, I fear next year might be even worse :/

Lego and Hot Toys? I don't have enough room to display both, but if I didn't collect anime figures I might be there with you. Lego's like Mecha, love it to death, but I just can't go down that road. The greatest thing about Lego for me right now is when it goes out of print and you can sell it for more then you bought it for, even used.

No on the GOTG figures, as I'd have to get all 5, so I skipped them, but all the Star Wars stuff is there, and the AOU stuff will be a pick n mix of what I need for a set of Avengers, rather then a cluster fuck of trying to keep up with every release. Now if they get around to releasing that Alien Ripley figure, the Batman Returns Keaton figure, or more Predators and Terminators I'll be royally fucked...

First priority for me is LEGO and always will be. I get a lot more play out of LEGO then I do get out of figures. I like looking at figures and I enjoy owning them but I can't build stuff with them. I buy lots of LEGO sets but building and displaying that set is not the end goal. The end goal is eventually dismantling the set, bricks go into the collective and are then used for my own creations. Obviously some of the LEGO sets never come apart or at least have been on display for several years now. Those sets usually being the more adult collector oriented sets that have massive display potential and are much lower on the play potential.

I've seen your work, and your Orthanc was impressively insane (in a good way). I only dabbled in making my own sets, and it was more expensive then just buying the modular buildings,so while I will always enjoy Lego, I'm gonna enjoy it through my son when he's old enough to move past Duplo.

A Ninja Girl is never late Baka Zeitgeist, nor is she early. She arrives precisely when she means to!

iNvxaZ3.gif

She's why I have a space girl shelf, at first I thought she was just lovely, then I found out she was part of the Yamato anime, then it dawned on me that Yamato was Starblazers and then I went and the whole thing...

In short she's a slippery slope, but what one you should go down with ease.

Good news!

Yes, great news, I'm glad everything we fretted about turned out all right in the end...

Zerojul

Lego and Hot Toys? I don't have enough room to display both, but if I didn't collect anime figures I might be there with you. Lego's like Mecha, love it to death, but I just can't go down that road. The greatest thing about Lego for me right now is when it goes out of print and you can sell it for more then you bought it for, even used.
I also do mecha and gunpla on the side because I'm crazy. As for the OOP selling for more than retail, I think some Hot Toys have the same particularity as Lego, as I'm trying to get a Nick Fury for a decent price to no avail :/

No on the GOTG figures, as I'd have to get all 5, so I skipped them, but all the Star Wars stuff is there, and the AOU stuff will be a pick n mix of what I need for a set of Avengers, rather then a cluster fuck of trying to keep up with every release.

Keeping up with all their releases is nigh impossible IMO, that's why as I've just begun my collection I just got the ones that won't see a second version in the foreseeable future, a.k.a Iron Patriot, Red Skull and Coulson (and maybe Fury). I don't think I'll get more than one Cap, one Thor, one Widow... So I'm waiting for AOU to start my core Avengers team.
For GotG, I'll get Rocket and Groot and Star-Lord. And probably Thanos. Pass on Gamora as I'm not a fan of her outfit in the movie. The figure looks absolutely stunning though.

omlet

No joke. Could you make a more boring figure of her? I mean, that's like worse than BQ; at least those tend to have some splash of color. I wouldn't even buy a figure of Nowi in a towel...
okay well maybe I would but not if there were other options.

TUSR

Banned
boring :(
At least give her animal ears like the figure I just got or something!
I really like the Yukata figures make more of those.

Originally I wasn't a fan of the Mami yukata figure but i've grown to like it, the kimono one on the other hand is one of my favourites.

StayDead

I hope Yuriisha from Yamato is in the movie more. I understand her place in the first season of 2199 and I've not seen the original, but she didn't get enough screen time ;_;

StayDead

I'm wrestling with my sensibilities to decide whether or not I should order the Ike amiibo for this week purely so I can use it with Codename S.T.E.A.M when it comes out. I'm insane. I know if I get it I'll have to get Reflet as well to complete the set as I was going to get Lucina anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom