• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol that's like my LEGO costs, heh. I spent 3k USD last October on Lego sets and bricks for my Orthanc.

image.php

Jupiter

EMS would have been cheaper...probably.

Holy crap 17k for shipping for two figures... what did you order, figures made out of lead?! Two Ultimate Madoka-sized gargantuaboxes?

I always use SAL registered from mandarake when I can. For a 7k scale figure I ordered this month that was heavy (for a PVC scale) it was only 2k for shipping. The EMS quote was 3600 and DHL was 4400. I'm also in Texas.

Two One Piece figures, Doflamingo and Blackbeard. SAL was not available. I emailed them asking to change shipping to EMS, we'll see how that goes.

Zerojul

My January is not even as bad as some of you, sitting at 60k before shipping and import tax...

Next month though LOL....

February 128k
March 33k
April 118k
May 35k
June 30k
July
August 98k
Sept 30k
Oct
Nov 12k
Dec 38k

128k, 118k, 98k !!! Could there be some kind of Sideshow Premium Format something involved in those figures ? Or Hot Toys 1/6 thingies ?

Yessssssss, Chrom will be mine.

Now hurry up and show off Ieyasu.

They are also not poseable like Nendos. And their base is probably too big for them. It was also a bitch to put in and keep in place Mitsunari's sword.

The big is pretty jazzy though.
Ah too bad on the non-posing but as long as it looks great I'm nabbing =)
holy damn, I need this!
does anyone know if this will be up for preorder on amiami?
Looking at the site it seems to be going up for preorders on Monday (26th)
My January is not even as bad as some of you, sitting at 60k before shipping and import tax...

February 128k
March 33k
April 118k
May 35k
June 30k
July
August 98k
Sept 30k
Oct
Nov 12k
Dec 38k
i4R9u0ux3OceF.gif

SoldnerKei

Looking at the site it seems to be going up for preorders on Monday (26th)

yup, that's as much I could figure out with google translator xD
and the Union Creative Online link, I guess I can preorder there if it doesn't show up on amiami

Wait, someone pointed out that we can't see his Brand.
It might be the angles, but this would be a dealbreaker.

yeah, perhaps it's just the angle, but he looks hella cute, so I could live without his Brand

omlet

Where is my Nowi figure...

Please... someone... anyone...
who is either Alter or GSC or one of their affiliates or at least in the same quality ballpark.

SoldnerKei

I just accepted the fact that I'll never get a Cherche riding Minerva scale... I am happy with Tharja thou & eventually Cordelia... when she gets released in 2017 or something like that

omlet

I just accepted the fact that I'll never get a Cherche riding Minerva scale... I am happy with Tharja thou & eventually Cordelia... when she gets released in 2017 or something like that

Not really excited for Cordelia, except sort of by proxy in that if she does well it might mean more FE figures. Cherche > Cordelia any day. Nowi is mai waifu but she's not the only FE:A character I'd be interested in getting a figure of. Gregor is my other favorite character but I don't think I'd get a figure of him since his design is rather plain. Besides Cherche, Anna, Olivia, Owain, Inigo, Lon'qu, and Say'ri would be potential figures I'd consider buying.

kewlmyc

February 128k
March 33k
April 118k
May 35k
June 30k
July
August 98k
Sept 30k
Oct
Nov 12k
Dec 38k

What the hell? How are you already full for the year? What do you have preordered that isn't releasing until December. 11 months of taking orders? Holy crap.

I still wanna see what's in those orders! Come on, I have shared and have been ridiculed with GIFs in return. It's all out of
shock
love.

SoldnerKei

Not really excited for Cordelia, except sort of by proxy in that if she does well it might mean more FE figures. Cherche > Cordelia any day. Nowi is mai waifu but she's not the only FE:A character I'd be interested in getting a figure of. Gregor is my other favorite character but I don't think I'd get a figure of him since his design is rather plain. Besides Cherche, Anna, Olivia, Owain, Inigo, Lon'qu, and Say'ri would be potential figures I'd consider buying.

yeah, mostly that's my reason to buy Cordelia(not that I don't like her, I just have others characters I like a lot more than her), and that list, just add Severa and pretty much I feel the same, specially Cherche(waifu on second playthrou) & Anna(loved her design in this game a LOT)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Holy shit, tried to answer everyone. After my last post, I went to pick up my son at Nursery and have been working on this post since I got back, while dealing with him fussing every 5 minutes...

We have to do something about July and October, that doesn't look right!

The years just started, it'll fill out soon enough...

I think you need an intervention

My wife's already on that, I'm not supposed to order anything outright, and I'm not to add to my existing pre-orders until June...

Holy molly that February

giphy.gif

Can we see what is included?

Nothing extra special:
GSC Wo-class
GSC Mikasa DX
Megahouse Yurisha Iscandar
Megahouse Yuki Mori V1 reprint
Sideshow Queen of the Dead PF

Thing is how many of those are gonna get delayed again or for the first time? All of 'em...
My list is just a guideline, everything from February could move into March...

You guys must shit cash, sreiously.

Not at all. I'm just not spending much on other shit at the moment. It's only like over £3000 for a year's worth of pre-orders so far anyway..

lol that's like my LEGO costs, heh. I spent 3k USD last October on Lego sets and bricks for my Orthanc.
Lego the gateway drug into wallet oblivion...

It was my Lego bills that got me into Higher End figure bills, in the end I couldn't justify the expenditure on bricks when it could go to Hot Toys.

128k, 118k, 98k !!! Could there be some kind of Sideshow Premium Format something involved in those figures ? Or Hot Toys 1/6 thingies ?
Yeah, it's my entire year in JPY, figured it was the one currency figuregaf knows best, and yeah all those spikes are PF or Hot Toys related.

What the hell? How are you already full for the year? What do you have preordered that isn't releasing until December. 11 months of taking orders? Holy crap.

Not having any main focus and pre-ordering bits of everything I'm into, which is mostly everything. Hot Toy Darth Vader is December.

-----------

Also while I worked on this post, my wife called the royal mail to file a missing parcel report, and they were all "Your package arrived in Heathrow today", and sure enough:

Ninja Girl isn't lost, just late as fuck...

Einbroch

Banned
Speaking of currency, it's becoming strange to see figures listed in dollars and not yen. I have more of a reference point with yen. It's like when you're learning a language and start dreaming in it.

SoldnerKei

Speaking of currency, it's becoming strange to see figures listed in dollars and not yen. I have more of a reference point with yen. It's like when you're learning a language and start dreaming in it.

actually it's funny that now whenever I see a price in an anime, I can tell how expensive or cheap it is comparing it to the price of figures I have bought lol

and whenever I see figures in dollar I am all like "yeah, no, let's look for a yen price" mostly because it's cheaper to convert Yens to Mexican Pesos, not by much thou, but I can save a few bucks that way

Also while I worked on this post, my wife called the royal mail to file a missing parcel report, and they were all "Your package arrived in Heathrow today", and sure enough:

Ninja Girl isn't lost, just late as fuck...
!!! Same dispatch date as my P.O.P Ace, still hasn't arrived, don't have tracking though =/, hoping it's like yours and only just arrived into the UK.

I still haven't gotten used to the fact that the yen is weaker than before. Still doing the 1 dollar to 100 yen conversion in my head.

Zerojul

It was my Lego bills that got me into Higher End figure bills, in the end I couldn't justify the expenditure on bricks when it could go to Hot Toys.
I'm trying to do both Lego and Hot Toys at the same time. It's brutal :(

Yeah, it's my entire year in JPY, figured it was the one currency figuregaf knows best, and yeah all those spikes are PF or Hot Toys related.

Makes sense. I guess you have their GotG and SW output in there. If you're planning on getting Hot Toys AOU stuff, I fear next year might be even worse :/

Being a Hot Toys collector actually explains a lot about your preorder prices.

Especially now they that they got the SW licence on top of everything.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man, that Iron Giant is awesome. But $300? NOPE. That's like 6-8 Figmas if you play your cards right.

StayDead

Here, western sites, Amazon and eBay, so on.

Ah my bad, I never usually look on anything but amiami and nipponyasan for figures (the latter being very rarely) and I kind of gloss over the costs of things in this thread because it scares me to see the prices haha.

Ryuuroden

First priority for me is LEGO and always will be. I get a lot more play out of LEGO then I do get out of figures. I like looking at figures and I enjoy owning them but I can't build stuff with them. I buy lots of LEGO sets but building and displaying that set is not the end goal. The end goal is eventually dismantling the set, bricks go into the collective and are then used for my own creations. Obviously some of the LEGO sets never come apart or at least have been on display for several years now. Those sets usually being the more adult collector oriented sets that have massive display potential and are much lower on the play potential.

Spin? Good to see you in here!

Have you joined us in our wallet destroying
cult
crusade?
Yo!

Nendos are what I like the most. I only own the Sonic one but the Link and Solid Snake ones are just calling out to me... As well as a lot of the Vocaloid ones.

Three of them are out. 2 for preorder. amazon has them all still.
I recommend buying the three that are out together and then preordering other two.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5E4WD8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Yeah, I saw that actually a few minutes ago. Thanks!

My girl is a big Mars fan though so I just wanted the Mars figure for an early birthday gift. I'll save up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom