• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
There are no customs fees in the US. Might delay things by a few days. It's not an issue unless you also ordered some jr idol magazines or something.

There are no customs fees in the US. Might delay things by a few days. It's not an issue unless you also ordered some jr idol magazines or something.
No Jr idol magazines but it was anime boobies.

good thing I didn't buy that loli onahole. Shouldn't really joke about shit like that. Why do they even exist?

Settin

I wish I could taste this freedom.
MHJGL4o.jpg

omlet

The connection has timed out.

Why does MFC always feel like it's running on hardware from the 80s

Giolon

So I had ordered a figure from mandarake and it is now in customs. Only figure I have ordered that says anything about customs. How long does it usually sit there and will I have to pay fees?

For EMS, Customs usually takes approx. 1 day. For SAL, it can take a couple weeks, though it usually takes only a couple days and then sits in USPS hands for weeks. :-/

Meyneth

I dunno man, last month I got a package that came to 17k with shipping and I still didn't have to pay duties or taxes.
(they only care about the before shipping value of the box)
I agree with you, it's always a maybe. My information is based the fact that I did a bunch of testing (different priced orders) and I found that they generally don't care unless the box is super huge, then they'll check the price.
Two of three +10,000yen orders got caught and it was the two large boxes. The one that just had a nendo, a cu-poche, and a couple keychains was the only one to slip through.

How does everyone feel about buying pre-owned figures? Especially when it comes to the more expensive brands, Alter, Figma, etc. Generally safe as long as it's done through some place like Ami-Ami? Any particular place to avoid?

She is tempting me more though. Hmmmmmmm

I'm a big fan of most the Otoshimono figures I've seen, kinda wish I ordered the Alter Ikaros now.

How does everyone feel about buying pre-owned figures? Especially when it comes to the more expensive brands, Alter, Figma, etc. Generally safe as long as it's done through some place like Ami-Ami? Any particular place to avoid?

In Mandarake I trust, that plus "unopened box".

Giolon

I didn't realize Vertex Selvaria is based off the Dengenki Bunko Fighting Climax version.

It's not. It's based on artwork created for Valkyria Duel well over a year before Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax was ever announced (based on the earliest date I can find the artwork uploaded online and the fact that it's in my Valkyria Duel artbook).

It's not. It's based on artwork created for Valkyria Duel well over a year before Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax was ever announced (based on the earliest date I can find the artwork uploaded online and the fact that it's in my Valkyria Duel artbook).

Ah, I knew the resident Selvaria expert would be able to clarify. You better go drop some knowledge on the MFC page, tho.

(they only care about the before shipping value of the box)
I agree with you, it's always a maybe. My information is based the fact that I did a bunch of testing (different priced orders) and I found that they generally don't care unless the box is super huge, then they'll check the price.
Two of three +10,000yen orders got caught and it was the two large boxes. The one that just had a nendo, a cu-poche, and a couple keychains was the only one to slip through.

Hope I don't get nailed with this month's order then. Raiden is 1/6, and I also have a 1/8 Lynette coming in with him.

Hi Figure GAF! Amiibo are one hell of a gateway drug. I scouted out some figures and the one(s) that caught my eye the most was a Diskvision EVE (original and black versions). On a scale of one to incline plane wrapped helically around an axis, how screwed is my wallet?

Meyneth

Hope I don't get nailed with this month's order then. Raiden is 1/6, and I also have a 1/8 Lynette coming in with him.
Aww man, good luck! What shipping option did you pick? Maybe it'll slip through :/

The largest +10,000yen box that got through was the size of a pullip doll (that new princess serenity one). That's probably smaller than what you're getting though

Nendo Snake has officially been paid.

So for now, my first figure of the year is officially coming my way. Wonder what'll be next to purchase...

Aww man, good luck! What shipping option did you pick? Maybe it'll slip through :/

The largest +10,000yen box that got through was the size of a pullip doll (that new princess serenity one). That's probably smaller than what you're getting though

It's set for EMS right now, but I'm thinking of changing it to SAL.

Meyneth

Yeah! Nendo Naruko Aoba payment request!
That sweet sweet gradient

It's set for EMS right now, but I'm thinking of changing it to SAL.
You might get away with SAL I think? Some people said that you're able to sneak through a little easier.
My stats are based on EMS since that's the only shipping I use (can't live with waiting more than a week).

Giolon

Ah, I knew the resident Selvaria expert would be able to clarify. You better go drop some knowledge on the MFC page, tho.

Haha. I can't access MFC right now for some reason, but I'm sure they're fine. XD

Hi Figure GAF! Amiibo are one hell of a gateway drug. I scouted out some figures and the one(s) that caught my eye the most was a Diskvision EVE (original and black versions). On a scale of one to incline plane wrapped helically around an axis, how screwed is my wallet?
image.php

Welcome to the fold.

Welp, just got my payment request for Nendo Amatsukaze. Thanks to a very delayed December shipment, this staggered mini-shipment, and the normal end of month that's coming up, January now has three orders coming from AmiAmi.

Talk about death month.

chrono01

Welp, just got my payment request for Nendo Amatsukaze. Thanks to a very delayed December shipment, this staggered mini-shipment, and the normal end of month that's coming up, January now has three orders coming from AmiAmi.

Talk about death month.
Mine has two shipments, one for 39,070 JPY and the other for 31,000 JPY. That's 70,070 JPY before shipping, which will be costly given the size/weight of both. They will be EMS and, judging from estimates, will probably be close to 7,500 yen for each, which brings the total to 85,070 JPY.

...Yeah. O_O

I'm emailing Rightstuf tonight to cancel my pre-order for Devil Homura. I need to let go of a few things, and she'll save me $270 or so.

chrono01

Chrono. You may have a waifu shopping addiction.
Yeah. :/

Thankfully, things get a lot easier after this month, and new pre-orders have been few/far between. Things should slow down considerably. Of course, a few of those pre-orders are expensive [such as those Wonderful Hobby Selection KanColle figures...], but at least there's not multiple per month. A few of those months I actually have nothing which is nice but, of course, delays can impact that.

Regardless, this month is definitely the month for my wallet to die.

I will say though, I like the fact that I'm only paying about $38 USD when the quote was basically for $45 (including SAL shipping) for Snake.

Thank you US dollar for being strong against the yen.

Kikirin

Mine has two shipments, one for 39,070 JPY and the other for 31,000 JPY. That's 70,070 JPY before shipping, which will be costly given the size/weight of both. They will be EMS and, judging from estimates, will probably be close to 7,500 yen for each, which brings the total to 85,070 JPY.

...Yeah. O_O

I'm emailing Rightstuf tonight to cancel my pre-order for Devil Homura. I need to let go of a few things, and she'll save me $270 or so.

Holy cow, that tab is no joke. May the rest of our wallets never bleed as much.

...with that said, I wonder if there's any hope of that Devil Homura being re-listed. >D

...Yeah. O_O

what you ordered lol

chrono01

Holy cow, that tab is no joke. May the rest of our wallets never bleed as much.

...with that said, I wonder if there's any hope of that Devil Homura being re-listed. >D
Probably. Given other exclusive on Rightstuf's site they always order extra, so as long as you check there within the first day/two of release you should be fine.

I did [and still do] really want her, but the CDN dollar is ridiculously bad right now. So much so, that she would cost me about $265-$280 for her. I can't afford that, not with this month being as expensive as it is. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom