• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Help, Figure GAF!

My order came in with the Sentinel Hurricane Polymar, D-Arts Venusaur, and the Sentinel Iron Man. Mixed reactions to both Sentinel products, of which I'll go into detail in a following post. But for now, I need some advice from you guys.

The Iron Man figure seems to be defective. His head, which does not swivel independently from the neck, was not put on straight. With some light pressure I wasn't able to fix it, and with the electrical components running up the neck it's not something I want to mess around with. If I was to guess, I'd say his head is about 10 degrees off from the center, which is enough to really bother me, especially with the front of his neck being so defined. For a 15K yen figure I don't think I should be okay with this. Before I contact Amiami I just want to find out what you guys think I should do. I'd honestly prefer to just send it back and get a refund instead of trying to get a different one (or have this one fixed).

Aww man, that's terrible. Contact Amiami first. Take good pictures of the problem, the box the figure was in and the shipping box itself, they will likely ask for them.

Good luck!

Regarding Phat Metallia, Meijiko had a nasty hat accident. Definitely be careful with her.

And that "Ban waifu" thread was so idiotic until it backfired. A true testament to NeoGAF's diversity.

Femto.

But you contacted them, I'm guessing? Meaning there's a difference in telling them you need to cancel something and simply blowing off the payment request.

In either case, one offense probably won't get you a ban but it would probably get you on The List, assuming Amiami has one.

I didn't contact them about not meeting the September payment, I just let the deadline hit and I got an email saying that my order was canceled along with a statement that I no longer have a hold on the item's I pre-ordered. It seemed like a "smack on the hand" warning.

If I were you I'd email Koto and see if I could get that $55.99 price, and if not then I'd work out which one would arrive first, then which was cheapest and then determine if that price difference was worth the wait or not... You waited this long for her, so go with the cheapest option...

I did that Sunday - Haven't gotten a reply yet. They don't seem to move at the speed of a dedicated retailer, tho. I tried adding other discounted figures to the shopping cart and they work fine. But of course, the one I want...

Help, Figure GAF!

My order came in with the Sentinel Hurricane Polymar, D-Arts Venusaur, and the Sentinel Iron Man. Mixed reactions to both Sentinel products, of which I'll go into detail in a following post. But for now, I need some advice from you guys.

The Iron Man figure seems to be defective. His head, which does not swivel independently from the neck, was not put on straight. With some light pressure I wasn't able to fix it, and with the electrical components running up the neck it's not something I want to mess around with. If I was to guess, I'd say his head is about 10 degrees off from the center, which is enough to really bother me, especially with the front of his neck being so defined. For a 15K yen figure I don't think I should be okay with this. Before I contact Amiami I just want to find out what you guys think I should do. I'd honestly prefer to just send it back and get a refund instead of trying to get a different one (or have this one fixed).

Oh man sorry to hear that, I ordered the Sentinel Hurricane Polymar 2 days ago, don't scare me, what's wrong with him?

taoofjord

Oh man sorry to hear that, I order the Sentinel Hurricane Polymar 2 days ago, don't scare me, what's wrong with him?

Don't worry about Hurricane, nothing is terribly wrong with him. I have a small dot of chipped paint at the top of the boot where it contacts his knee pad when the leg is straight. Just be careful about the amount of pressure you use when straightening his leg. Also, one of the Nendoroid-like joints for the feet is really loose to the point where the foot just falls off if I'm not holding it. I have a feeling this is par for the course with those sort of joints. Actually, I heard using nail polish on the rod part of the joint is a good way of making the connection a little tighter. Is that a good idea or do you know of a solution that may work better?

Those irks out of the way, I'm overall quite happy with the figure. Much more so than Iron Man (his defective head aside). Since Hurricane has some die-cast parts he's shockingly heavy. The sculpt and paint is excellent and as you'd assume, he's articulation is impressive. I was also pleased that he comes with a stand. The LED is nice but I'll probably never use it.

As for Iron Man, I knew going in that this version of Iron Man from Sentinel had LEDs instead of die-cast, but for such a large figure I was extremely disappointed at how light and hollow he feels. He certainly looks great but now that I have him in hand I would have preferred they drop the LED and add die-cast instead (or add both, like Hurricane). Everyone who saw this figure on GAF said it was overpriced and now that I have it in hand I can say with total certainty that they were all totally right. Even if he wasn't defective he would have still ended up as the first figure I regret purchasing. Ah well, I'm hoping I can just send it back to Amiami and get a refund.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of Hurricane in the next day or two, and yeah, don't worry, I think you'll be quite satisfied.

Don't worry about Hurricane, nothing is terribly wrong with him. I have a small dot of chipped paint at the top of the boot where it contacts his knee pad when the leg is straight. Just be careful about the amount of pressure you use when straightening his leg. Also, one of the Nendoroid-like joints for the feet is really loose to the point where the foot just falls off if I'm not holding it. I have a feeling this is par for the course with those sort of joints. Actually, I heard using nail polish on the rod part of the joint is a good way of making the connection a little tighter. Is that a good idea or do you know of a solution that may work better?

Those irks out of the way, I'm overall quite happy with the figure. Much more so than Iron Man (his defective head aside). Since Hurricane has some die-cast parts he's shockingly heavy. The sculpt and paint is excellent and as you'd assume, he's articulation is impressive. I was also pleased that he comes with a stand. The LED is nice but I'll probably never use it.

As for Iron Man, I knew going in that this version of Iron Man from Sentinel had LEDs instead of die-cast, but for such a large figure I was extremely disappointed at how light and hollow he feels. He certainly looks great but now that I have him in hand I would have preferred they drop the LED and add die-cast instead (or add both, like Hurricane). Everyone who saw this figure on GAF said it was overpriced and now that I have it in hand I can say with total certainty that they were all totally right. Even if he wasn't defective he would have still ended up as the first figure I regret purchasing. Ah well, I'm hoping I can just send it back to Amiami and get a refund.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of Hurricane in the next day or two, and yeah, don't worry, I think you'll be quite satisfied.

Oh man, I hope you can get replacement for your Iron Man, is there any review of that figure? it looks amazing in the pictures but like you said, the lack of diecast might really end up cheapening the feel of such expensive figure.

Regarding Hurricane Polymar I am pretty stoked about that figure, heck I didn't even know it has diecast until you mentioned it, I LOOOVE Tatsunoko and all its franchises and I will support these series of figures with my
poor
wallet.
I want Gatchaman, I want Speed Racer I want Cashern I want 70s Tekkaman I want ALL Tatsunoko including Galactor and all the famous antagonist.

Post pictures of Polymar when you have the chance since I chose slow shipping for mine and I wont get it for at least 3 weeks.

i kinda want this... but I already have the original. Also its 12.4k lol
FIG-MOE-2229.jpg

edit

saw this comment on MFC regarding flare
Ok I got the details on Flare from a friend connected to one of the figure companies. Seems Yamato liquidated their figure making department and Alter bought it up! So Flare is essentially Arcadia's (which was originally Yamato) figure making department but now owned by Alter. :)

So now all questions on final quality can just go out the window as Alter and Arcadia are both top quality!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I did that Sunday - Haven't gotten a reply yet. They don't seem to move at the speed of a dedicated retailer, tho. I tried adding other discounted figures to the shopping cart and they work fine. But of course, the one I want...

Well, shit I'd be more tempted to buy elsewhere out of spite then...

-------

Found some shots of the Sideshow Wonder Woman, but only posting
the really bad ones
:

Also more Queen of the Dead shots are turning up and I have no clue if I need to panic or not, seems to be a lot of lens distortion, but the shading on her legs is bugging me, the eyes are centered but the pupils are not, and the minions are looking like NECA painted them:

Wanderer5

Gah I need to see Ep 3 still.

Maybe, but what most of the list is is write-in options from the "Other" option that people selected. Once the poll hit 50 options, though, that went away, so people who are getting to it late can only vote for what's there and can't add new write-ins.

I knew I should have put in Marth while the option was still there.:x I glad Chrom is getting some nice love now currently through.

chrono01

I checked out alot of picture of Saotome Maria and I hate to say it, but I'm sooooooo glad I canceled... My major issue is her underwear are so transparent she might as well not have them on, I guess I do have limits to what I'd display. The other issue is it looks nothing like what they showed off:

If anyone wants to see her in all her glory, look her up on MFC, it's just too NSFW to link too...
I don't mind the new skin tone, but I preferred the lighter hair of the prototype. At least they got the expression more-or-less correct.

I might regret the purchase when I receiver her, but from the reviews I've looked at so far [while she's different than the prototype] I'm still happy with the way she turned out. So are the Japanese owners, going from both Amazon reviews as well as those from blogs. She's sitting at a 5/5 ratio from the current Amazon Japan reviews, which is great.

If I had known the bath tub would weigh as much as it does I probably would have opted for the one without it. According to the reviews, it weighs 3lbs. Not only that, but I have to take the risk of it arriving broken, since this is my first polystone item so I'm not sure as to the durability of it. I know AmiAmi warns against breakage, so it's concerning...

george_us

Well, shit I'd be more tempted to buy elsewhere out of spite then...

-------

Found some shots of the Sideshow Wonder Woman, but only posting
the really bad ones
:

Also more Queen of the Dead shots are turning up and I have no clue if I need to panic or not, seems to be a lot of lens distortion, but the shading on her legs is bugging me, the eyes are centered but the pupils are not, and the minions are looking like NECA painted them:
I can't tell if the WW statue itself is bad or just the recipient of awkwardly angled shots.

Queen of the Dead looks pretty nice but, judging by what people are posting on the forums, a little flawed. Makes a little worried for Kier. I also saw that Oglavaeil is going up for preorder pretty soon. The dog being sold separately is bullshit though.

Giolon

Got these in the mail today.

Nice! That reminds me, Meijiko never let us know how her repair attempt on the Phat Company one went.

Is this usually where stuff is shown/updated? I need updates on these:
Yeah. WonFes. MegaHobby Expo. Those are the most common times for new figures or paint updates for figures to be unveiled. Sometimes it happens at random times though, like that Vertex Selvaria.

Einbroch

Banned
KanColle: Episode 3

Please. You can't sink a ship girl unless she goes into battle heavily damaged. She was not. Therefore, the plot is bullshit and Kisaragi didn't sink. I want my money back.

It's getting better.

Is this usually where stuff is shown/updated? I need updates on these:

Yeah. Wonderfest is basically the SDCC of the figure world. Toyfair is also next month, and that's a big deal too for companies that attend. Even though it's dominated by American companies, Kotobukiya and GSC have had big showings there in recent years.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah. Wonderfest is basically the SDCC of the figure world. Toyfair is also next month, and that's a big deal too for companies that attend. Even though it's dominated by American companies, Kotobukiya and GSC have had big showings there in recent years.

Oh wow okay, that's gonna be awesome. I'm sure this thread explodes around then haha. Fingers crossed for Yukari and Ryuko paint/release date.

I wonder how big that Ryuko will end up being.

Oh wow okay, that's gonna be awesome. I'm sure this thread explodes around then haha.

Oh, it does. But due to the time difference between the US and Japan, it tends to happen pretty late at night the first day of the show. Just a big info/picture dump. But it's always exciting.

Phew, for one second I thought it was a figma Musashi, but it is probably that overpriced line that already has Yamato (more than 100 dollars, hahaha).

Well, I was gonna make a post letting everyone know another Yoshino was up at AmiAmi, but before I could hit submit, she was gone. Even at 12k she disappears near instantly.

Makes me wonder what the most in-demand figure is.

raven777

I checked out alot of picture of Saotome Maria and I hate to say it, but I'm sooooooo glad I canceled... My major issue is her underwear are so transparent she might as well not have them on, I guess I do have limits to what I'd display. The other issue is it looks nothing like what they showed off:

If anyone wants to see her in all her glory, look her up on MFC, it's just too NSFW to link too...

Skytube has been messing up lately. Wanted to pre-order few figures from them but are hesitant how.

yami4ct

Man, Drive figuarts are coming fast and furious. Mach and Ride Macher are hitting in June. My wallet is already hating me.

Ride Macher looks so fantastic. Possibly my favorite KR bike. Having Drive & Tridoron, Mashin Chaser & Ride Chaser and Mach & Ride Macher all next to each other is going to be a hell of a display. Speaking of which, where the hell is Tridoron?

Acid08

Banned
How rare is the KLK Mako nendo? I haven't seen any pop up in the couple months I've been checking stuff. Anyone know what the going rate for her is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom