• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
My LTTP Tharja is whooshing through processing in Osaka, only ordered yesterday and estimated delivery here in the UK next Tuesday

I love you Based Amazon Japan God

Not to get your hopes up, but keep tabs on it, when mine said that, it was at my door on the Monday, so make sure your prepared for an early delivery so you can sign for it, but don't blame me if it doesn't arrive until Tuesday...

-------

LOL and just like that my January went from 60k to 53K...

Yuki Mori V2 was delayed until the 2nd of February, so she's gonna sit at Amiami all month long. :(

That bumps Feb from 128k to 135k...

Bombless

So, you guys remember Yamato's 1/6 Cyril and Iris by Masamune Shirow, right? Well, turns out they also did two figures with Shunya Yamashita and..uhh...I kinda want them. A lot.

OhnoRaptors1350373044.jpeg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So, you guys remember Yamato's 1/6 Cyril and Iris by Masamune Shirow, right? Well, turns out they also did two figures with Shunya Yamashita and..uhh...I kinda want them. A lot.

Yeah they are nice, see them every once in a while but rarely. I did find the Yamashita Rei and Roxanne on mandarake though:

MSOEvTm.jpg

Rei

UxNSS8J.jpg

Roxanne

Also found these two items that I might have purchased:

fiBdjJN.jpg

Mazinger Z devilman version

HNo9Cne.jpg

Gatchaman Jun

I did however purchase this one:

MvDSz9G.jpg

Man...AmiAmi needs to remove the pages for those sold used figure...that Alter Asuka is making me sad. I would have jumped on that very fast.

Lexxism

You'll get permabanned.

If you just ignore their payment request they will likely ban your account.

If you preorder figures you aren't 100% sure you want, you're gonna have a bad time.

Also, if you get banned I believe they ban you by your address.

Ah, shit. I'm having a doubt with Sakura Saber and want to go instead with Selvaria :(

I didn't pay for my September order last year, I prioritized something else over it, and I wasn't banned. Heck, they even took a cancellation request from me for one of my items in this month's order.

But you contacted them, I'm guessing? Meaning there's a difference in telling them you need to cancel something and simply blowing off the payment request.

In either case, one offense probably won't get you a ban but it would probably get you on The List, assuming Amiami has one.

Hmmm. Maybe I will try to contact them if it is possible to do that since I'm not 100% sure for Sakura Saber.

Thanks guys.

Ah, shit. I'm having a doubt with Sakura Saber and want to go instead with Selvaria :(

Hmmm. Maybe I will try to contact them if it is possible to do that since I'm not 100% sure for Sakura Saber.

Thanks guys.
When's it released? The earlier you cancel rather than the last moment will help your chances more.

Yaari

Yay. I got money. Time to buy a single Nendo to get the collection going. Are there any #'s of Nendo's you guys avoid, as the quality of them has seemingly improved a lot over the years, but I'm not sure about Nendos below #100.

Yay. I got money. Time to buy a single Nendo to get the collection going. Are there any #'s of Nendo's you guys avoid, as the quality of them has seemingly improved a lot over the years, but I'm not sure about Nendos below #100.

I don't like their older stands...the K-On Nendos I have, while I love them have the old stand that connects to their legs. I prefer the new style, not sure when it came in # wise but it has been used for a while.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I was rolling my eyes at the Bikini Warriors line, then saw all four and one of them looks to be designed by Oda Non, (the artist behind Queens Blade Siggy and Branwen) so now I'm gonna have to get her if she comes out well...

First one in the picture:

kewlmyc

Lloyd Irving is here!

l2du151x01.jpg

Preorders start 1/28. So next Wednesday.

Wish I wasn't out of town most of next week. I doubt he'll sell out so in like Flynn.

Lloyd Irving is here!

l2du151x01.jpg

Preorders start 1/28. So next Wednesday.

Wish I wasn't out of town most of next week. I doubt he'll sell out so in like Flynn.
Well the 1/8 Zelos didn't sell that well and is actually getting discounted in a place like N-Y, so you'll be fine XD
This May. Do you think they will let me cancel the pre-order? I asked a general inquiry and they said that they don't cancel an order.
They should let you cancel cause it's early enough that they can lower their shipment order, so you should be fine. I mean I've cancelled a RAH Link (costing 15K/16K JPY) that was out that month, until it was delayed, and they were okay with it. Think they are only more annoyed by cancellation on preowned items.

I own both of these and like them both. I've got a decent % of the Yamato x Yoshizawa Mitsumasa stuff in general actually.

Of the two I'd say Nen-Nen is the best, if you want to prioritise.

Lexxism

They should let you cancel cause it's early enough that they can lower their shipment order, so you should be fine. I mean I've cancelled a RAH Link (costing 15K/16K JPY) that was out that month, until it was delayed, and they were okay with it. Think they are only more annoyed by cancellation on preowned items.

Thanks. Glad to hear it.

http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/2015/1/23/news-roundup-for-january-23rd-2015
Dreams Come True
Sega+Hard+Girls+Dreamcast
[/IMG]

Mark your calendar--Winter Wonder Festival is coming up February 8th and the industry booths will be packed with limited edition swag. Sega has revealed its lineup of Love Live! Figures and Sega Hard Girls character goods, but the star of the show is the Dreamcast figure. Only question is, which is the superior peripheral: the Samba de Amigo maracas or the fishing reel?

Official homepage: http://segaprize.com/am-show/1502_wf/
Bravely Free to Play

Whittle away the time before Bravely Default's sequel comes out with Bravely Archive: D's Report, a smartphone adventure set in the world of Luxendarc. Free legendary warriors from crystals to bolster your roster and flick your way through touchscreen battles in this AAA dungeon crawl.

Official homepage: http://bravelyarchive.jp/
Man this would've been perfect for that waifu thread XD:
Polygamy Made Easy

Don't let the name fool you--Yomekore features as many husbando as waifu! The app stars over 400 anime characters with original voice clips from their seiyuu. Purchase in-app cards to talk to, take photos with, and, uh, gently caress your favorites.

Download for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/id460306831?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=8
Download for Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.heroz.yomecolle

omlet

Oh my goodness. It's a good thing my amiami order already shipped. Otherwise I'd probably have impulse-bought this to add to it:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-2506
Going to say no for now. I pulled the trigger on too many unplanned things already this month and next month is gonna be a whopper.

I was actually just commenting on this the other day, at least regarding stands. Certain older nendos use terrible stands (rather than the adjustable arm that fits into a small hole on their back/head like most do now) but there's no real consistency when it comes to the bases/stands so you will need to double-check several pictures of a specific nendo before buying, if the stand is a dealbreaker for you. Let me find the post...
Yeah, I recently discovered just how terrible the older stands are. What's weird is that it's not like they just switched at some point and stayed with the current (good) design.

95 has bad stand (round base and the prop arm doesn't fit the figure well)
159 has a "normal" stand
168 has terrible stand (round base and prop arm loosely fits around one leg, very wobbly)
188 has a "normal" stand
275 has a round base but at least uses the newer adjustable prop arms

Sculpt-wise, I really don't see any differences between the older nendos and the newer ones. My oldest one is a double-digiter. The base is terrible but the sculpt itself is fine. The paint on the clothes looks a tad rougher in a few spots than on some newer ones but the face/head is consistent in quality with newer nendos.

Extras-wise, from my small collection it seems like the older ones tend to have fewer extras (props/accessories and faces) but not always. It really just depends on the poses they were trying to capture and who did the sculpt. Some of them like my P4 Yukiko nendo have, like, 8 different arms, and then you have new ones like Kongo (#400-something) who only comes with one extra set of arms (but tons of other accessories Edit: actually maybe she does have 2 extra sets of arms, one for her damaged pose... I can't actually remember since I had no interest in setting up her damaged post so I didn't really examine how to set her up for that).

A word of waring I would give regarding older stands is that the "one leg" stands are terrible. That's the 168 in my post above (Airi from Queen's Blade). I got that nendo for <$15 so I don't feel robbed or anything, but actually dealing with that stand taught me to look out for and avoid other nendos with a similar stand.

I'm cleaning up my collection so if anyone's interested in buying anything, drop me a line. I could maybe cut you guys a deal. My prices on MFC are a little higher than what I paid, but I would be fine with selling at cost.

You must not really be in any hurry to clean up your collection with those prices :lol

omlet

Thanks omlet! That helps a lot.

Forgot to add it in while writing that post, but here's a picture of my Airi that I mentioned:
You can see the base in this shot and it's very bad. Besides just looking tacky, any little bump and she will slump sideways/forward or outright fall over. Airi herself looks fine and you can pose her with or without her weapon and her meido outfit body is prime headswap material with other nendos, but I would not buy another nendo with a base like this unless it was a must-have character for me, or unless it was only like $10 or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Glad I got the Hrauka movie version prize figure so I already have that costume in my collection, otherwise that WonFes exclusive would have upset me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom