• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recent impulse purchases were amiibos, because 1k yen.

Yep.

haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg

SoldnerKei

Just impulse bought Vertex's Noel Vermillion on Mandarake. Not sure what came over me.

I did the same for ther D-Arts figure
toy

thou it was like in 1.3k lol

edit:
i'm a little worried that the nipples might be a bit too much for my collection, that and the bent leg, but i think otherwise it's a pretty good looking figure, and the price was not bad at all.

that's the main reason why I lost interest on her, they don't even look lewd, they look like freaking spikes
other than that, right on spot, it's a good looking figure

RMI

Banned
i'm a little worried that the nipples might be a bit too much for my collection, that and the bent leg, but i think otherwise it's a pretty good looking figure, and the price was not bad at all.

Luigi87

You don't like the Queen's Gate one either? I think that one looks rather nice.

I prefer that one, particularly due to being based on her original outfit, but still doesn't fully do it for me.
Also 1/7 or larger, or bust!

Also why I skipped her.

well, not 100% Noel, but that Alter Memory Mu-12 Figure(kinda nsfw) looks pretty fine, quite lewd yeah, but still good looking

A nice figure, but Noel >>>>>~> Mu

kunonabi

Be careful, I heard the Phat Company Metallica's hat falls off easily.

It certainly does. The PC figure handles the hat much better but her supports are kind of iffy. I'm not really comfortable putting them in my display case since the door opens very violently. I may have to set them up in another room. They do like nice though.

arue

Current status of the poll @229 261 votes:

I see Chrom is doing okay without my vote =D

I wanted a Clear nendoroid (Dramatical Murder) or a Makoto Yuki nendoroid (Persona 3) but they're not one of the choices :(

So I voted for Scaled Clear instead, even though Chrom and Syaoran are winning. rip.

Also, you guys here are some rich people. My January orders came up to 21k, including shipping. That's the most I've ever spent on figures
in a year

I wanted a Clear nendoroid (Dramatical Murder) or a Makoto Yuki nendoroid (Persona 3) but they're not one of the choices :(

So I voted for Scaled Clear instead, even though Chrom and Syaoran are winning. rip.
Why not a scale Owain though.
GSC pls.
Think you can comment what figure you want to see on the poll and Mamitan will put it into the poll, but this is more or less for fun/market research; so expect certain results but whichever is winning/wins won't be guaranteed to be manufactured.

omlet

Think you can comment what figure you want to see on the poll and Mamitan will put it into the poll, but this is more or less for fun/market research; so expect certain results but whichever is winning/wins won't be guaranteed to be manufactured.

Maybe, but what most of the list is is write-in options from the "Other" option that people selected. Once the poll hit 50 options, though, that went away, so people who are getting to it late can only vote for what's there and can't add new write-ins.

arue

I did comment, but I'm not expecting anything though.

how are you guys not voting for a scaled Yoko? Smh.
I rather have Scaled Kamina instead. Or older Simon.

taoofjord

Help, Figure GAF!

My order came in with the Sentinel Hurricane Polymar, D-Arts Venusaur, and the Sentinel Iron Man. Mixed reactions to both Sentinel products, of which I'll go into detail in a following post. But for now, I need some advice from you guys.

The Iron Man figure seems to be defective. His head, which does not swivel independently from the neck, was not put on straight. With some light pressure I wasn't able to fix it, and with the electrical components running up the neck it's not something I want to mess around with. If I was to guess, I'd say his head is about 10 degrees off from the center, which is enough to really bother me, especially with the front of his neck being so defined. For a 15K yen figure I don't think I should be okay with this. Before I contact Amiami I just want to find out what you guys think I should do. I'd honestly prefer to just send it back and get a refund instead of trying to get a different one (or have this one fixed).

Help, Figure GAF!

My order came in with the Sentinel Hurricane Polymar, D-Arts Venusaur, and the Sentinel Iron Man. Mixed reactions to both Sentinel products, of which I'll go into detail in a following post. But for now, I need some advice from you guys.

The Iron Man figure seems to be defective. His head, which does not swivel independently from the neck, was not put on straight. With some light pressure I wasn't able to fix it, and with the electrical components running up the neck it's not something I want to mess around with. If I was to guess, I'd say his head is about 10 degrees off from the center, which is enough to really bother me, especially with the front of his neck being so defined. For a 15K yen figure I don't think I should be okay with this. Before I contact Amiami I just want to find out what you guys think I should do. I'd honestly prefer to just send it back and get a refund instead of trying to get a different one (or have this one fixed).

I would contact amiami about it. If they can't help, I'd try to contact the makers.

Paid my AmiAmi invoice last night for him. Haven't received the shipping email, but I'm guessing he'll be shipped out soon.

Hm. Okay, yeah. Seems my Snake Nendo is in stock. Waiting on Batwoman. And they still haven't moved the Kill Me Baby figure out of the order yet, as it got delayed until Feb.

kewlmyc

For all the bros (or sistas) that voted for Saber Alter, I'll buy you a drink if we ever meet irl. :p

Nothing's going to result from this poll, is it?

chrono01

For all the bros (or sistas) that voted for Saber Alter, I'll buy you a drink if we ever meet irl. :p

Nothing's going to result from this poll, is it?
We'll get a re-release of Saber Alter that's part of the Wonderful Hobby Selection product line. She'll come with shinier paint, and retail for 20,000+ yen.

Just watch.

Lexxism

Anyone who pre-ordered at AmiAmi and didn't bother paying? Did you pay any penalty fee for doing that since you can't cancel what you pre-ordered.

Meyneth

Voted for the Kiss-Shot scale. They could watch that one artsy looking episode from Monogatari Season 2 for inspiration

(trying to be a vague as possible)

Settin

Anyone who pre-ordered at AmiAmi and didn't bother paying? Did you pay any penalty fee for doing that since you can't cancel what you pre-ordered.

If you preorder figures you aren't 100% sure you want, you're gonna have a bad time.

Also, if you get banned I believe they ban you by your address.

Femto.

I didn't pay for my September order last year, I prioritized something else over it, and I wasn't banned. Heck, they even took a cancellation request from me for one of my items in this month's order.

omlet

I didn't pay for my September order last year, I prioritized something else over it, and I wasn't banned. Heck, they even took a cancellation from me for one of my items in this month's order.

But you contacted them, I'm guessing? Meaning there's a difference in telling them you need to cancel something and simply blowing off the payment request.

In either case, one offense probably won't get you a ban but it would probably get you on The List, assuming Amiami has one.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Finally.

XM3l3Pd.jpg

Now where am I going to put him?

YiVy7rf.jpg

It's time to get a taller shelf...

I have a hypothetical for you guys. I need Kotobukiya's 1/6 Ayanami to round out my collection of Eva gals. But I don't know where to buy her from. My options are:

Kotobukiya US Shop - $69.99 (despite it being marked as on sale for $55.99, the cart doesn't register this)

Solaris Japan - $63

Nippon-Yasan - 8.2k

Or should I just wait....and wait.... and wait for one to show up on Mandarake? She doesn't seem to pop up very often anymore. Even AmiAmi used to get her fairly often.

If I were you I'd email Koto and see if I could get that $55.99 price, and if not then I'd work out which one would arrive first, then which was cheapest and then determine if that price difference was worth the wait or not... You waited this long for her, so go with the cheapest option...

Your February/April orders left even me speechless. Absolutely insane. O_O

---------

Also, Saotome Maria reviews are now going out and SkyTube absolutely nailed her face. That's what I was most worried about. Her hair might be a little darker, and the skin tone a slightly different shade, but overall I'm pretty impressed. The bath tub looks great too, I have a couple figures that could make use of it.

There are statue and 1/6 scale forums on the net with people that spend what I do in a year, per month, my bills aren't that bad... ;)

I checked out alot of picture of Saotome Maria and I hate to say it, but I'm sooooooo glad I canceled... My major issue is her underwear are so transparent she might as well not have them on, I guess I do have limits to what I'd display. The other issue is it looks nothing like what they showed off:

If anyone wants to see her in all her glory, look her up on MFC, it's just too NSFW to link too...

Help, Figure GAF!

Never had to deal with a defective item from Amiami, but all you can do is contact them and tell them what is wrong and and see what they can do for you. That said looking forward to your impressions, sounds like they didn't live up to your expectations and i'd like to hear what's wrong for future reference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom