• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new Wonder Woman Art of War statue was unveiled today, and I love it. It's a very stylized piece based on a series of DC Nation animated shorts from some time ago.
wonder-woman-valley.jpg

So I ordered Mammon and Asmodeus bunny back in December. Now, I ordered them together because Asmodeus was SUPPOSED to come out at the end of December. Just looked at NY, it says 4-30-15 now -___________________-

Mammon is so close yet so far.

Well shit, just finished ep 3 of Kan Colle.......shit just got real, was not really expecting that considering the tone of the show.

Kan Colle Ep. 3 spoliers

How do you know someone in an anime is going to die?

"When this completely routine mission is over, I want to tell you something dearly important!"

EDIT: And now that I think about it, the events of the episode imply that the scout plane and it's adorable little pilot were blown out of the sky too.

Bii

Anyone ever had any issues with Amazon Japan shipping to the U.S.? It's cool to see how quickly they shipped out the Nendos I ordered but the destination is a different city from my shipping address and upon checking the tracking number, the shipment carrier (DHL) tried to deliver it today but no one was home. The attempted delivery is 100 miles from where I live. Should I be concerned? <_<

chrono01

i remember thinking that asuka was going to tank because barely anybody ordered her on mfc lol and it was still avail until release date
Yeah, I remember reading that. I always had her pre-ordered, and thankfully, I didn't feel compelled to cancel. I'd be regretting it now if I did.

It's a shame it's likely the only Senran Kagura girl we'll get from Alter, considering Asuka didn't sell too well [to my knowledge anyway]. :(

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Anyone ever had any issues with Amazon Japan shipping to the U.S.? It's cool to see how quickly they shipped out the Nendos I ordered but the destination is a different city from my shipping address and upon checking the tracking number, the shipment carrier (DHL) tried to deliver it today but no one was home. The attempted delivery is 100 miles from where I live. Should I be concerned? <_<

Contact DHL immediately.

Einbroch

Banned

Literally the same thing happened to me today. Called them, corrected it.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I don't mind the new skin tone, but I preferred the lighter hair of the prototype. At least they got the expression more-or-less correct.

I might regret the purchase when I receiver her, but from the reviews I've looked at so far [while she's different than the prototype] I'm still happy with the way she turned out. So are the Japanese owners, going from both Amazon reviews as well as those from blogs. She's sitting at a 5/5 ratio from the current Amazon Japan reviews, which is great.

If I had known the bath tub would weigh as much as it does I probably would have opted for the one without it. According to the reviews, it weighs 3lbs. Not only that, but I have to take the risk of it arriving broken, since this is my first polystone item so I'm not sure as to the durability of it. I know AmiAmi warns against breakage, so it's concerning...

I think my expectations were too high, I was expecting the prototype in hand, like if Max Factory or Alter made it, that glowing skin and hair and face were all as perfect as an anime face could get (for me). Yeah polystone breakage is always a worry, but mostly only smallish or thin bits break, it's resin and powdered stone, so it's not flexable at all (unless you heat it), but if it breaks it's usually clean, so fixing it isn't much of a problem.

I can't tell if the WW statue itself is bad or just the recipient of awkwardly angled shots.

Queen of the Dead looks pretty nice but, judging by what people are posting on the forums, a little flawed. Makes a little worried for Kier. I also saw that Oglavaeil is going up for preorder pretty soon. The dog being sold separately is bullshit though.

I'm gonna wait until I have the Queen in front of me before panicking, but I'm already lowering my expectations for Kier or any of these looking "just like the prototype", and yeah I was excited when they said Oglavaeil was going up for pre-order next, then they cut the dog out and killed it for me, doubling the shipping and import tax on it more then likely means I'm out for him... The only other one I liked that's not up for pre-order was the Egyptian one, but like Death's Siren I just don't know that I need her 100%...

Skytube has been messing up lately. Wanted to pre-order few figures from them but are hesitant how.

Might be best just to wait, see how they come out, and pay a little more/less when it hits...

How rare is the KLK Mako nendo? I haven't seen any pop up in the couple months I've been checking stuff. Anyone know what the going rate for her is?

Never seen her used yet, I was sorta thinking about getting one just because there are no scales, Nippon-Yassan have her for 6.5k before shipping but I'm hesitant to buy a Nendo from them, much less pay that much for one...

My LTTP Tharja is whooshing through processing in Osaka, only ordered yesterday and estimated delivery here in the UK next Tuesday

I love you Based Amazon Japan God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom