• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Huh. Actually, this whole early year is a death month. Tallying up this month comes up to 300€ (Amiami) and 260 (Amazon.jp) and so far February is 345€. Then there's the GSC store exclusives coming up later on.

If it wasn't for the nendo ship girls these first two months would had been a smooth sailing.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BubonicKnave

Neo Member
UmIlFcL.jpg
FtgVACL.jpg

Newly arrived from Nippon-Yasan. Until now I didn't notice how the limited edition items are meant to match each Sin the girls represent(Gluttony/place mat, Sloth/blanket, Greed/money pouch, Lust/tissue box cover). Also put in preorders for Santa Satan, Bunny Girl Asmodeus, and Astaroth with NY and then used my usual proxy to get the LE of new Leviathan from Orchidseed's online store. I think I actually want the blanket more than the figure itself.
Fleece blanket(NSFW)

Just paid for this month's order from Amiami. Makoto was added to my order a week ago after I attempted to resist her appeals by waiting a day and sleeping on it. Fortunately/unfortunately she was still there the next morning and I was forced to add her to my cart. Of course the next day Miki showed up for about 4900 yen and I attempted to resist her in the same manner as I did Makoto. She was sold out the next morning but thinking about buying her put the thought into my head that if I did pick her up I would need to find Hibiki in order to round out my top 3 and sent me scouring Mandarake and Yahoo Japan auctions. So now I have ended up getting Hibiki from YJA for 4680 yen and found another Miki on Mandarake going for 4500 yen. This "complete set" mentality is going to be the death of my wallet someday.

chrono01

Figure GAF |OT4| Single handedly keeping Japan's economy afloat.
I love this one.

Oh, and the bathtub for Saotome Maria must be insanely heavy. Shipping for just her + bathtub, Yuno Narukami, a pair of eye glasses, and a New 3DS LL/XL screen protector cost me 9,820 yen. I...wasn't expecting that much.

I'm seriously considering cancelling all of my current Amiibo pre-orders and selling my current Amiibo on-hand [all of Wave 1/2]. The way Nintendo is handling this, with them being in such high demand and being under-shipped is a headache, and when you add exclusives to the list, it further complicates things. I could probably make back what I paid plus a little extra.

Looking at EBay, I could probably get $400USD for both Waves 1/2 together, going from completed listings. That's around $620 CDN, before Ebay takes all of their fees. My Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer are the Japanese versions, so that might decrease the value somewhat [despite being identical]. I could maybe try selling Wave 1 for $200 and Wave 2 for $150, that's $350 USD which isn't too bad. I do have Shulk/Meta Knight pre-ordered, but I could always just sell them individually when they come.

Bombless

Someone's going full Sins over here! I approve.

Edit : Man, the Amiibo rage in the US is hilarious to me. There's plenty of choice over here and no stupid store exclusives. NoA fucked up bad.

Sölf

AmiAmi, y u list Tharja now instead of yesterday? D:
Would maybe have bought her instead of Eri yesterday, but eh. I'll just wait.

Also, since someone posted the various sins above, are there actually any good Umineko Figures? Doesn't matter which character, but does something exist? xD

Lastly, those construction girls. Why am I not suprised, Japan?
Mini Excavataor-chan already best girl.

StayDead

Heh, can't wait till the end of the week when I get home. I am going to have like 8 packages waiting for me. 2 figures and 12 lego sets w00t.

Do you build the houses/things out of lego for people? The amount of lego you seem to have it wouldn't surprise me haha.

chrono01

Newly arrived from Nippon-Yasan. Until now I didn't notice how the limited edition items are meant to match each Sin the girls represent(Gluttony/place mat, Sloth/blanket, Greed/money pouch, Lust/tissue box cover). Also put in preorders for Santa Satan, Bunny Girl Asmodeus, and Astaroth with NY and then used my usual proxy to get the LE of new Leviathan from Orchidseed's online store. I think I actually want the blanket more than the figure itself.
Fleece blanket(NSFW)

Just paid for this month's order from Amiami. Makoto was added to my order a week ago after I attempted to resist her appeals by waiting a day and sleeping on it. Fortunately/unfortunately she was still there the next morning and I was forced to add her to my cart. Of course the next day Miki showed up for about 4900 yen and I attempted to resist her in the same manner as I did Makoto. She was sold out the next morning but thinking about buying her put the thought into my head that if I did pick her up I would need to find Hibiki in order to round out my top 3 and sent me scouring Mandarake and Yahoo Japan auctions. So now I have ended up getting Hibiki from YJA for 4680 yen and found another Miki on Mandarake going for 4500 yen. This "complete set" mentality is going to be the death of my wallet someday.
Nicely done!

I very much approve.

Edit : Man, the Amiibo rage in the US is hilarious to me. There's plenty of choice over here and no stupid store exclusives. NoA fucked up bad.
It is. I'm just kind of...over it. I mean with delayed shipments, exclusives, cancelled pre-orders, people frothing at the mouth for that, I've just had enough.

I won't do anything tonight [since I really should be asleep by now], but I can definitely see myself putting up a listing tomorrow.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Court of the Dead: Oglavaeil, the Executioner and his hound Skratch...

Oglavaeil is $599
Skratch is $149
Buy them in a bundle and save $20 (no other discounts can be used if you go this route)

More here...

Pre-orders start tomorrow...

Edit: Doing the math, to order both from sideshow it'll cost me 120k/$1026/£675/903 euro...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Court of the Dead: Oglavaeil, the Executioner and his hound Skratch...

Oglavaeil is $599
Skratch is $149
Buy them in a bundle and save $20 (no other discounts can be used if you go this route)

More here...

Pre-orders start tomorrow...

Edit: Doing the math, to order both from sideshow it'll cost me 120k/$1026/£675/903 euro...

Court of the Dead figures really appeal to me. I'd get them if I was made out of money.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So sent off for my first Amazon.jp order. Just a 3DS case and cover to keep it under £15. Hopefully it all goes swimmingly.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sölf;149485673 said:
AmiAmi, y u list Tharja now instead of yesterday? D:
Would maybe have bought her instead of Eri yesterday, but eh. I'll just wait.

Also, since someone posted the various sins above, are there actually any good Umineko Figures? Doesn't matter which character, but does something exist? xD

Lastly, those construction girls. Why am I not suprised, Japan?
Mini Excavataor-chan already best girl.

Tharja's on Amazon.jp for 7.6k, brand new and total worth breaking down and buying to stave off that second figure urge,
that way you can start working on your third...

Court of the Dead figures really appeal to me. I'd get them if I was made out of money.

Won't know what I'm gonna do until I see the flexpay breakdown and release date, but I'm already leaning towards nope on the set, but maybe just Oglavaeil on his own. Still 93.5k/$795/£523/700 euro for just him, ain't putting a smile on my face either...

Sölf

So, I told a friend yesterday that I bought my first figure, and that said figure was Eri from School Rumble. And since he is also a great fan of the show and her character (and he already owns 2 other figures), I thought I'd ask him if he wanted the other one (since the ebay seller were I bought it still had 2). And he just said, he would then have to explain it to his girlfriend why he bought it. :(
Of course, it was half joking as she herself reads manga and watches anime and stuff. BUT JUST ASSUME SHE WAS SERIOUS!!1

I am sad, that society still hasn't reached the point where it is common knowledge, that besides a girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband each human being needs at least one waifu/husband.
And several best girls.

WolfStark

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sölf;149493053 said:
There comes the problem:
I don't have a credit card and are pretty much forced to only buy from shops that accept PayPal.
Yeah, that's a tiny problem, get a credit card, opens up the whole the world at the end of your keyboard, look for one that doesn't charge you for making transactions in foreign currency, like my capital one card, and just don't go nuts with it...

Hot Toys released some nice photos. Some may have noticed, that the Interrogator Droid from Darth Vader was just a silhouette. Well, today they revealed the whole model:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152583257807344.1073742198.58690437343&type=1

They also presented a nice galery for Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152581145167344.1073742197.58690437343&type=1

Vader droid looks good, Gamora looks awesome, gotta be the best female sculpt they have done to date, still never liked her look in the movie though...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Tharja's on Amazon.jp for 7.6k, brand new and total worth breaking down and buying to stave off that second figure urge,
that way you can start working on your third...

She's been available for quite a while at a reduced price. Either way too many were made, or she's just not popular. I wonder if that bodes ill for further Fire Emblem figures.

Zerojul

Gamora looks awesome, gotta be the best female sculpt they have done to date, still never liked her look in the movie though...

Yeah, that's why I didn't preorder her. I hope her outift for GotG is more to my liking. Ideally closer to one of her comics incarnations.
But what they did with this figure is absolutely stunning.
I'm still eagerly waiting for an update on what they've been up to with Drax.

Sölf

Yeah, that's a tiny problem, get a credit card, opens up the whole the world at the end of your keyboard, look for one that doesn't charge you for making transactions in foreign currency, like my capital one card, and just don't go nuts with it...

No. No, no, no. Nonononono! We don't go there (yet). Because I know I would go broke within a few weeks if I would have a credit card.

Hoping something gets delayed in June, just a little under 40k JPY for the combined order (four figures IIRC). x_x

(One of them is from Phat, so it's probably likely.)

Yaari

Saw that Yoshino Nendo, figured out the current price... sigh. All the awesome Nendoroids that get me excited, are rare and overpriced.

Lexxism

So the Shiro No Game No Life is sold out again and it was priced 14.8k. Fuck my life. Should had bought it when it was below 10k at N-Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom