• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
So saying that, a re-issue may be better then as far as quality goes, right?

The quality of the figure won't change, but the quality control might. It's the same sculpt, same paint, same everything. The only difference is that since it's being reissued at a later date, the company may have increased their scrutiny for quality, thus less defects and less imperfections. But you shouldn't be able to tell the difference from a perfect initial run figure and a perfect reissue.

I mean, some paints may be discontinued, or the formula for the PVC might change, or whatever, but yeah, it's 99% of the time the exact same.

SUPARSTARX

I got most of the Tekken line, but haven't collected Xiaoyu or Jun yet. I have Nina on preorder and will be putting one in for Anna soon.

SUPARSTARX

and...and, and, and, and, and? What do you think of them? And would the crazy price of 12,000¥ be worth it for Alisa Bosconovitch?

I'm not a fan of paying much over the MSRP prices. 12k yen is a lot! I would do it if you absolutely looooove the character and/or want to collect the entire line as I am going to. :p

It's a very gorgeously sculpted and painted figure. I like the translucent effect on the hairs as well.

johnsmith

remember me
and...and, and, and, and, and? What do you think of them? And would the crazy price of 12,000¥ be worth it for Alisa Bosconovitch?

No, not unless she's one of your all time favorite characters. That's more than twice what I paid for her. Recently released bishoujos sell for $55 with free shipping on amazon. She's also on the smaller end of bishoujos. I'd focus on the cheaper recent or future bishoujos instead.

SUPARSTARX

It's a rough year. A lot of Hot Toys in the pipeline. Wallet am cry.

Looking at Arkham City Bats, John Blake x Jim Gordon x Bat Signal bundle, AoU Captain America and possibly Winter Soldier.

I'm on the fence about getting the GoTG line, because supposedly WWE is giving Hot Toys licensing problems to push out a Bautista figure.

So if I were to get them, I'd only have Groot, Rocket, Starlord and Gamora.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Those look amazing. Sadly many of the Tekken girls are already sold out on amiami. How's the quality on them?

A few like Jun and Xiaoyu are still available via Amazon third party sellers at reasonable prices.

I have Jun, Asuka, Christie, and Xiaoyu myself. They're pretty nice, but they retail for $60-70.

Femto.

January order has arrived:
IMG_1363_zpsmuguqyu6.jpg

These seven sins bases are lot bigger than I thought they'd be.

WAT? Nah. Never pay over $100 for a bishoujo. I love them to death, but they're not worth twice retail price. $100 is the most I've ever spent on one, which was the Ms. Marvel Binary variant. Totally worth it because she's huge and has arguably the best bishoujo booty so far. Only competition might be Starfire.

WAT? Nah. Never pay over $100 for a bishoujo. I love them to death, but they're not worth twice retail price. $100 is the most I've ever spent on one, which was the Ms. Marvel Binary variant. Totally worth it because she's huge and has arguably the best bishoujo booty so far. Only competition might be Starfire.

Ok so, um, er...

<--- noob

What exactly does bishoujo mean?

Einbroch

Banned
It also just means pretty girl, so if you see, like on AmiAmi, that there's a section called "Bishoujo", that's not necessarily for that line of figures. But if you see people talking about Bishoujo in here they're talking about that specific line.

StayDead

&#32654;&#23569;&#22899; (bishoujo) is just beautiful girl, age doesn't come into it AFAIK.
&#32654;&#20154; (bijin) is beautiful person (usually regarding women).

Zerojul

&#32654;&#23569;&#22899; (bishoujo) is just beautiful girl, age doesn't come into it AFAIK.

Completely OT but I always thought there was a certain notion of youth in &#32654;&#23569;&#22899;. Older (relatively speaking) women are often referred to with the term &#32654;&#20154; AFAIK. The difference is subtle though, and I can be mistaken. In French it translates respectively to " belle jeune fille" et "belle femme" if I remember my high school lessons correctly, and in French the notion of age is definitely there. Sorry for the long OT post :/

I would like to submit my evidence against that claim

I will not have you sully the goddess' image like that

I can remove the direct images if these are considered lewd but I've seen what else goes on here

Newly arrived from Nippon-Yasan. Until now I didn't notice how the limited edition items are meant to match each Sin the girls represent(Gluttony/place mat, Sloth/blanket, Greed/money pouch, Lust/tissue box cover). Also put in preorders for Santa Satan, Bunny Girl Asmodeus, and Astaroth with NY and then used my usual proxy to get the LE of new Leviathan from Orchidseed's online store. I think I actually want the blanket more than the figure itself.
Fleece blanket(NSFW)

Nice score!

Man, I haven't even watched KLK and I want that Satsuki figma.

Bombless

This week's KanColle gonna drive some nendo sales. Oh yes.

I'm so glad I made that monster order yesterday.

Kongou Flip
Stealth Battleship Techniques
Battleship Idols
Tea Time and Scones
Hug till you cry technique

I only counted 3 Poi's.

Seductive Kongou Photo Album

The episode was awesome. Also you didn't mention actual Shimakaze action scenes!

Ice cold.

omlet

Man, I was having some weird dreams last night. I think this was the first time I dreamed about figures. Mandarake put up 5 Wo-Class nendos and they all sold out before I could get to my computer. What a bad dream. I woke up shivering and soaked in sweat...
Been sick, so actually my fever probably came back and then broke which would explain everything lol.

Well shoujou is written small+female and means "young girl" or "young woman" so age actually does come into it.

RMI

Banned
I would like to submit my evidence against that claim

I will not have you sully the goddess' image like that

I can remove the direct images if these are considered lewd but I've seen what else goes on here

nice. I'm not much of a wonder woman fan but that's a nice looking fig.

Well shoujou is written small+female and means "young girl" or "young woman" so age actually does come into it.

that is my understanding as well. though i think that translating &#22899; as female rather than woman is not correct, but that's a semantic difference.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Man, I was having some weird dreams last night. I think this was the first time I dreamed about figures. Mandarake put up 5 Wo-Class nendos and they all sold out before I could get to my computer. What a bad dream. I woke up shivering and soaked in sweat...
Been sick, so actually my fever probably came back and then broke which would explain everything lol.

QUICK!

woe_class.jpg

omlet

that is my understanding as well. though i think that translating &#22899; as female rather than woman is not correct, but that's a semantic difference.

&#22899; &#12304;&#12362;&#12435;&#12394;(P); &#12362;&#12415;&#12394;(ok); &#12362;&#12358;&#12394;(ok); &#12358;&#12415;&#12394;(ok); &#12362;&#12394;(ok)&#12305; (n,n-pref) (1) (can be blunt when used alone) (See &#30007;&#12539;&#12362;&#12392;&#12371;&#12539;1) female; woman; female sex; (n) (2) female lover; girlfriend; mistress; (someone's) woman;

&#38604;; &#22899;; &#22971;; &#29277; &#12304;&#12417;&#12305; (n-pref,n-suf,n) (1) (See &#38596;&#12539;&#12362;&#12539;1) female; woman;

&#23569;&#22899;(P); &#20057;&#22899;; &#23567;&#22899; &#12304;&#12375;&#12423;&#12358;&#12376;&#12423;(&#23569;&#22899;,&#23567;&#22899;)(P); &#12362;&#12392;&#12417;(&#23569;&#22899;,&#20057;&#22899;)&#12305; (n) little girl; maiden; young lady; female usually between 7 and 18 years old;

You're terrible.

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom