• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh shit

Was it a last minute cancellation or something?

Yeah, the figure had been delayed a month(was early on in my Figma days so I didn't know yet that 90% get delayed)
Forgot about it and a family emergency came up, asked to cancel when it arrived in stock.
Though I only had 1 previous order with them so maybe thats why they didn't cut me some slack.

If the abyssal are British and US Navy,
there will be a massive funereal in the next few episodes. I read nearly all of the ship back story, and only 2 or 3 actually survived.
And
poor Nagato survives the war only to be nuked afterwards

Bombless

Sölf;149890853 said:
For a pleb like me who doesn't own a Nendo:

How exactly do they work? You get several parts and choose which to display? :0

Here's an example.
chacha1371456624.jpeg

In general you have 1 torso, 2 legs, a selection of arms, 1 hairpiece, a couple faceplates and some accessories. In reality it varies with the character. Some are more varied in accessories but less so in parts, others the opposite. This one doesn't really have many accessories but makes up for it by essentially being 3 nendos in one package. There's almost no accessories but the mecha is articulated and opens up to allow a head+torso nendo to go in as pilot.

Einbroch

Banned
Sölf;149890853 said:
For a pleb like me who doesn't own a Nendo:

How exactly do they work? You get several parts and choose which to display? :0
You generally get as body, 2-3 faceplates, 2-4 arms, 2-4 legs, and 2-4 hands. You also get accessories like weapons and other things to hold to stand with.

Basically you mix and match parts and pieces to make a variety of poses. They're like figmas except don't have articulated joints usually.

They're also amazingly awesome and the best things ever.

btw what did you usually say to AmiAmi when you cancelled stuff? Sounds like you got away with it for a really long time.

Hahahahaha. I'm the cancellation expert. :D

I usually spouted something about "unexpected expenses" or something to that effect. Basically, something reasonable and not just a "I don't want it anymore".

I really wish they would adopt a cancellation system like HLJ. Or at least be like Hobbysearch and give you a week to cancel before locking in the pre-order.

george_us

I'm so sick of the delays and the bullshit...
Ugh sorry to hear that. I saw that Sideshow was having shipping problems while reading Statue Forum and was wondering if any FigureGAFers got hit. Here's hoping she gets to you in pristine condition.

I told myself that I would only get Kier (Oglavaeil is probably out due to price) but this looks incredible. If this turns out well...God help my wallet.

meijiko

I don't know if there's a trick to Amiami cancellations besides just not doing it when the item is in stock. I've used a bunch of different excuses, usually true ones, from unexpected expenses, to delays, to "the new photos of this figure make it look different, I don't want it anymore." I'm actually thinking about doing it again soon with those digimon Takeru/Hikari figures, explaining that I was hoping to collect the set, but since the manufacturer decided to make some characters exclusive, I don't want them anymore. I find if you have a good excuse, you should probably use it, but if you just don't want it anymore, make something up.

People still want that Morrigan. Because Capcom got everyone's hopes up by announcing a new Morrigan figure.... then promptly crushed those hopes when they announced they'd be making it themselves.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, the figure had been delayed a month(was early on in my Figma days so I didn't know yet that 90% get delayed)
Forgot about it and a family emergency came up, asked to cancel when it arrived in stock.
Though I only had 1 previous order with them so maybe thats why they didn't cut me some slack.

Hahahahaha. I'm the cancellation expert. :D

I usually spouted something about "unexpected expenses" or something to that effect. Basically, something reasonable and not just a "I don't want it anymore".

I really wish they would adopt a cancellation system like HLJ. Or at least be like Hobbysearch and give you a week to cancel before locking in the pre-order.

I don't know if there's a trick to Amiami cancellations besides just not doing it when the item is in stock. I've used a bunch of different excuses, usually true ones, from unexpected expenses, to delays, to "the new photos of this figure make it look different, I don't want it anymore." I'm actually thinking about doing it again soon with those digimon Takeru/Hikari figures, explaining that I was hoping to collect the set, but since the manufacturer decided to make some characters exclusive, I don't want them anymore. I find if you have a good excuse, you should probably use it, but if you just don't want it anymore, make something up.

Thanks everyone. I sent them the message, here's hoping all goes well.

Femto.

That sucks, but it's very weird.

I asked for my first cancellation after only having bought one item from them. Only difference between yours and mine was that the item I asked to cancel was not in stock yet nor where they asking for payment of my order.

I hate that I want one so bad.

Busaiku

Benten got that FOTY from MFC users.
I can totally agree with that.

It's hitting the bomba bins now, but I don't regret spending $250 on it.

Ultimadrago

Benten got that FOTY from MFC users.
I can totally agree with that.

It's hitting the bomba bins now, but I don't regret spending $250 on it.

I don't know what kind of drugs or dosage I'd have to take to spend $250 on a figure. It's a swell looking piece though.

Acid08

Banned
Wow, HLJ finally got all their January restock items in. Should have HG ZZ Gundam, HG Zaku 1, MG Master Gundam, and MG Shining Gundam in a couple weeks. Their Private Warehouse option is so good, pay for the items and they can sit there for up to $60 days. Without it they would have come in 3 different shipments and cost way more in shipping. This way I can just bundle them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom