• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will cool it with the gifs though if it is pushing people away. Sorry, not my intention.

I can also admit to getting too gif-happy lately, I'm sorry if that bothered anyone. It was only ever meant as an enthusiastic nod to the figures being discussed, but I realise that it isn't for everyone and that there are better places to do that than in this thread. Will minimise my gif usage, be sure to tell me off if I'm not :)

61j9ApDTiDL.jpg

Thanks a lot, guys. All this talk of "ship girls" on this tread. I don't even fully understand what they are but what I do understand is a well made figure. So I just preordered the above piece because of how amazing it looks. I am just so impressed by the design.

You should be ashamed because I'm certainly not to blame.

As I've said in the past SH, I can't thank you enough for your daily round-up posts (but my wallet doesn't!). The good thing is you cover anything and everything, which is often the catalyst for us to discuss what's showing up soon, what to look forward to, which GK to mentally drop-kick into a quarry, etc.

However! We are currently in a time when the KC anime is fresh and firing on all cylinders and new figures are coming in thick and fast, with a frequency of almost daily new announcements. I don't want to feel like I can't discuss that just because a few people think some of us are being too enthusiastic about the output from one series.
Haha no problem and like you said the only reason KC has taken over is due to the anime and almost every manufacturer going all in on KanColle I mean we all saw it from a mile a year ago XD
This. There's that Samurai_Heart Moment™ where there's a monster post filled with stuff I didn't even knew existed, would love to get my hands on but alas I cannot. Thank you for that. I hope you never get tired of it!
Haha probs won't get tired of it for a while, WonFES however I'll be posting links so everyone posts and contribute cause last one events I copied so many image links I hit the post character limits XD

It's a shame that MFC doesn't have a feedback option for buyers as well. It's nice to have a bit of feedback even if you were a buyer so that whenever you decide to sell for the first time people don't avoid you like the plague since you have zero feedback.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't think anyone here should take the Action Figure thread as a slight to the people here outside of one or two morons who posted in there. If they want a separate thread for the purposes of articulated figures, I don't see that as a big issue at all. Let their thread live, die, be duplicative, it's no concern to me.

Thanks a lot, guys. All this talk of "ship girls" on this tread. I don't even fully understand what they are but what I do understand is a well made figure. So I just preordered the above piece because of how amazing it looks. I am just so impressed by the design.

You're now on a slippery slope! I've been able to refrain from going too hard into KanColle right now aside from Musashi.

Awesome choice! I love the base on that figure. I was very tempted to order but I want to keep next month at a reasonable level.

I don't think anyone here should take the Action Figure thread as a slight to the people here outside of one or two morons who posted in there. If they want a separate thread for the purposes of articulated figures, I don't see that as a big issue at all. Let their thread live, die, be duplicative, it's no concern to me.

Ya it's those two posts that pissed me off a bit but not worth commenting.

I like being in a thread with people who can be the bigger person. I've already resolved not to go to that thread again.

61j9ApDTiDL.jpg

Excellent choice, welcome to the club (can't wait to get her myself). and yes, all your ire should most definitely be pointed at us ;)

cajunator

Banned
The problem isnt one thread coming into existence, its that threads always seem to come into existence at the expense of or making fun of another thread. why cant it just be created and NOT be exclusionary? Its clear that when this community was created it was open to ALL figure collectors. We didnt discriminate and I dont recall any such discussion ever occurring in this thread before.

It's a shame that MFC doesn't have a feedback option for buyers as well. It's nice to have a bit of feedback even if you were a buyer so that whenever you decide to sell for the first time people don't avoid you like the plague since you have zero feedback.

Maybe contact them about this? It's a good idea.

Agreed. Outside of a couple of tacky insults and "go back to your haunt and leave us alone" style posts, it's not an anti-FigureGAF movement and shouldn't turn into an either/or situation. The OP encourages the opposite, for one thing.

Wanderer5

So are they really going to diss nendoroids over there?:p I have a couple pics I planning to upload of my red and kaga once I do some photoshoot today along with a couple other figures, but if it going to cause a some great hassle over there then maybe I just won't waste my effort over there in the end.

So are they really going to diss nendoroids over there?:p I have a couple pics I planning to upload of my red and kaga once I do some photoshoot today along with a couple other figures, but if it going to cause a shitstorm over there then maybe I just won't waste my effort over there in the end.

They should technically be allowed there. If not then it really is nothing more than a thread where they don't want to see anything anime related.

Same here but all of the ship girl talk cracks me up. There are times when I'll be laughing my ass off just reading this thread.

I like you

Its clear that when this community was created it was open to ALL figure collectors. We didnt discriminate and I dont recall any such discussion ever occurring in this thread before.

In my time here, I've not seen a new visitor be given anything less than a warm and friendly welcome - a request to post their collection, a little community outreach with twitter and MFC... no hint of "Oh, you like that thing? Don't talk about it here. Go over there. OVER THERE."

Duffless_73.JPG

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The problem isnt one thread coming into existence, its that threads always seem to come into existence at the expense of or making fun of another thread. why cant it just be created and NOT be exclusionary? Its clear that when this community was created it was open to ALL figure collectors. We didnt discriminate and I dont recall any such discussion ever occurring in this thread before.

They felt alienated or uncomfortable. That's not a problem with the people in here, since members of FigureGAF are always welcoming. That problem sits with the person who feels excluded, and feels they can't post for whatever reason. The Action Figure Thread isn't meant to exclude people in here, but rather address more specific tastes. I have little interest in western Action Figures, so I probably won't be visiting it.

If people want to post nendos in that thread, I think they're perfectly free to. Anyone that complains can fuck right off. Ignore them or report them.

cajunator

Banned
They felt alienated or uncomfortable. That's not a problem with the people in here, since members of FigureGAF are always welcoming. That problem sits with the person who feels excluded, and feels they can't post for whatever reason. The Action Figure Thread isn't meant to exclude people in here, but rather address more specific tastes. I have little interest in western Action Figures, so I probably won't be visiting it.

Its just kind of unneccessary to call it action figure gaf when...this thread also deals with nendos and figmas which are action figures, and then theres other companies with articulated figures too. If they wanted it to be western figure themed then call it as such. now people will just be confused by two threads.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But where do we talk about Nendoroid Batman/Iron Man?!?!

Both threads!

Its just kind of unneccessary to call it action figure gaf when...this thread also deals with nendos and figmas which are action figures, and then theres other companies with articulated figures too. If they wanted it to be western figure themed then call it as such. now people will just be confused by two threads.

It's certainly duplicative, but if the mods let it rock, then let it rock. I'll continue to use this thread as a catch-all for all types of figures. That thread is just a subset of this thread, as far as I'm concerned.

In my time here, I've not seen a new visitor be given anything less than a warm and friendly welcome - a request to post their collection, a little community outreach with twitter and MFC... no hint of "Oh, you like that thing? Don't talk about it here. Go over there. OVER THERE."

Duffless_73.JPG

Somebody test this theory by posting your Giga Pulse collection :p

cajunator

Banned
Both threads!

It's certainly duplicative, but if the mods let it rock, then let it rock. I'll continue to use this thread as a catch-all for all types of figures. That thread is just a subset of this thread, as far as I'm concerned.

its just that new members might post in there with anime articulated figured, then get derided or insulted and have a very bad first impression. At the very least the title needs to be more specific.

Ugh would they give it a rest with the freakin' Noire already? In case no-one got the memo, this is the era of Blanc. Still waiting on something decent for her.

I dont have any ship girl figures and none on order.
It doesnt appeal to me much.
The only exception is Hamakaze because she's a cutie.
You've got the basics down right cajun, but you'd benefit from expanding your views a bit. I suggest Isolated Island Demon, Hayashimo or, for the truly discerning gentleman, Wo-class.

omlet

My first thought on the new thread thing is that it's a shame that it potentially means people won't be posting (as many) pictures and updates about things that I have no interest/budget to buy, but still like to be aware of and share with others who might be interested.

I can understand the frustration with the speed this thread moves at sometimes making discussion about figures that aren't as popular with more vocal people here tough to have, but I don't think making an entire extra thread is the answer; actually posting in this one is. From a glance at that other thread I'm seeing several names that don't post here but it seems likely they follow this thread.

Just my opinion of course, but I feel like a lot of the exclusion feeling people is all made up and self-fulfilling, either out of some kind of honest (but maybe misplaced) sense of threadtiquette regarding interrupting the flow of shipgirl/anime/etc. talk in this thread, or out of some kind of reservation about being accepted which, as ThePeoplesBureau just addressed, is silly.

Won't be following that new thread but for those that do, have fun and don't forget about us.

Yeah, what I do is go post a positive comment on the buyer's profile page with a link to the sale. At least someone can look at their profile to see those comments with just a little bit of digging.

My Ryuko figma is coming in today.

Now I don't know which thread to post it in plz help

Post it in both. See if they throw you out of that new thread.

Femto.

I'm not interested in Miku at all, but I admit that snow miku '14 looks really good.

lol they seem pretty against that sort of thing so I doubt they'll want to see it. Even if it is an articulated figure.

No where in that thread does it say what they define as "appropriate articulated figures", and if they give you flack for it, who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom