• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Well, a big part of it is avoiding detection, and I'm notifying mods right away.

nba-wtf-gif.gif

Haha gonna need to be less lazy and actually split my figure post between western based stuff and Japanese stuff, whilst the other thread gets primarily the western stuff this place will get everything =P

Haha gonna need to be less lazy and actually split my figure post between western based stuff and Japanese stuff, whilst the other thread gets primarily the western stuff this place will get everything =P

Really? I'm not even going to bother. If I like something, you guys will hear about it. Besides, they said articulated figures.... That doesn't cover my DC statues.

tumblr_niqiooxrUK1sazm3mo2_r2_500.jpg

Giolon

why is it sad?

Because I think there's more than enough room/posting space here for everyone. I understand the aversion to some of the lewd talk and young aged figures, and we've even had discussions here about it in the past when asking "Where did all the non-anime figure fans go?" Now it's clear that kind of behavior and some of the obsessing and spamming of particular figures has made the thread unwelcoming for a significant enough portion of figure-collecting GAF members that they need their own thread.

They don't even have a justifiable division of East vs West for this thread vs theirs either. It's literally just "I don't want to look at half naked 14 year old anime girls." Nearly half the figures in their OP are Revoltech, figma, or Play Arts Kai, not to mention Sideshow stuff is popping up already.

I feel like there's a lot of needless "othering" going on over there - and it's not a net-positive influence for GAF. "We're not like those other guys staring at lewd anime figures. We're the cool kids who like Marvel and shit!"

They'll be in community in a month, anyway.

lol, true enough.

Really? I'm not even going to bother. If I like something, you guys will hear about it. Besides, they said articulated figures.... That doesn't cover my DC statues.
They're apparently still figuring it but it'll no doubt become a primarily "western" appeal figures and statues thread down the line. I will refer to this post here when it does become prophetic XP

If Europe ever restocks again, you fricking Americans drained out supplies XD, I'll order extra ones for you and ship it to the U.S. for you. Do you want Marth? I can probably get him easy-ish if my local-ish store still has him in-stock.

Ehhhhh, Marth is like low priority, and not like I'm ever getting that STEAM game. ~_~

Thanks, keep me mind. Maybe I'll get lucky someday and find Shulk and Little Mac somehow.

cajunator

Banned
Because I think there's more than enough room/posting space here for everyone. I understand the aversion to some of the lewd talk and young aged figures, and we've even had discussions here about it in the past when asking "Where did all the non-anime figure fans go?" Now it's clear that kind of behavior and some of the obsessing and spamming of particular figures has made the thread unwelcoming for a significant enough portion of figure-collecting GAF members that they need their own thread.

They don't even have a justifiable division of East vs West for this thread vs theirs either. It's literally just "I don't want to look at half naked 14 year old anime girls." Nearly half the figures in their OP are Revoltech, figma, or Play Arts Kai, not to mention Sideshow stuff is popping up already.

I feel like there's a lot of needless "othering" going on over there - and it's not a net-positive influence for GAF. "We're not like those other guys staring at lewd anime figures. We're the cool kids who like Marvel and shit!"

lol, true enough.

If you take a gander over at that anti-south thread describing us like uncivilized monsters you will begin to understand just how divided this so called community is and how quickly it will eat its own if they disagree.
But I wont drag that in here.

As I said in the other thread, to me it's a sad day for FigureGAF.

A choice cut from 'Action Figure GAF' (pffft) thread:

No offense, but I really don't have any desire to scroll through a thread full of pictures of 14 year old scantily clad girls with WWII battleship turrets attached to their ass.

I get that KanColle/anime figures aren't for everyone. However:

a) KanColle is one of, if not the hottest thing in the Japanese figure scene RIGHT NOW, is it any wonder that a lot of figures related to the game are being posted/discussed here?

b) I'm not so interested in a lot of non-Japanese figures/statues. I'm not saying they're bad - far from it! some of the ones you guys throw up here are amazing - they just aren't for me. But hey - look how I just managed to reign in my tastes without offending people in the process. Perhaps some people would do better to think in that regard before performing the same tired old mud-slinging routine that's been around since I was watching anime in the early 90s.

figureGAF is plagged with lewd comments about satutues of questionable age and their butts, understand that many action figure collectors are weirded out by this behaviour and don't want to post there, heck the few that have dared get their posts instantly buried by moe gifs and nendo talk, the faster FigureGAF understand that's why this thread was created the better, please let us be and return to your anime girl figures and moe gifs thread, you shouldn't be affected by this thread.

I'm certain Action Figure GAF will be the pillar of purity that Figure GAF could only hope to become! /sarcasm

I don't recall anyone's posts being buried under this or that, all I see is an enthusiastic group of people into figures, the surrounding culture (ie the source material they come from - anime, games, film, etc.). In the brave new world of Action Figure GAF, it seems that we should exist in a morose wasteland restricted to manufacturer-authorised product shots and spec sheets. 'No fun allowed' indeed.

I think we can conclude that a few grumpy goompas weren't getting the attention they wanted, picked up their ball and decided to play at the other end of the yard. Divide and conquer? Give me a break.

Wanderer5

Lol didn't realize it was meant to be a western figure thread it seems? Just dump my collection of mostly japanese posable figures there.:p I probably won't bother going there much then, since I mostly collect stuff from Japan.

[thread=983201]Apparently the ship girl apocalypse scared off MarvelGAF.[/thread]

:( but to be fair, some of you guys do go full ship from time to time lol. I see ALOT of posts get ignored because they are non ship related.

I'm still on Amiami payment watch. my 94k order is waiting to strike me down when my guard is off lol.

Ehhhhh, Marth is like low priority, and not like I'm ever getting that STEAM game. ~_~

Thanks, keep me mind. Maybe I'll get lucky someday and find Shulk and Little Mac somehow.
Will keep a look out, especially Little Mac cause watching out for TPB and another friend of mine, so might as well help you as well.

But I like western stuff, too. I'm not visiting two separate threads to talk about it lolol.
Oh lol I think I either posted wrong or you've read it wrong lol, I'll post in both thread that's all. The posts between will be more or less identical but this thread will get the full version of my "daily" figure posts whilst the other will have just the "western articulated figures" part of the post so no worries man ;D

I don't know, 2nd thread is kinda nice.
I collect a load of American stuff I hardly mention in here because there are bigger conversations with more people going on about mostly high-end Japanese figures or statues.

I mean who really discusses Marvel Universe/Legends, DC Direct(action figures), Star Wars figures in here?

that elin figure probably won't lean... BUT PLEASE HAVE A METAL ROD AND ABS LEGS. you don't want the peg breaking =(

The K-ON alter figures are known to have peg breaks

You mean the one from Flare? I passed on it for now. Too many unknowns.

the archer one but both still apply

At least GSC seem to know what's up with lean. My Saber Excalibur and Dead Master are still going strong.

gsc uses a metal peg and strong abs legs I believe. I have the saber as well and its really solid. Also the center of gravity is in the center if you see how it held up so less stress.

Oh lol I think I either posted wrong or you've read it wrong lol, I'll post in both thread that's all. The posts between will be more or less identical but this thread will get the full version of my "daily" figure posts whilst the other will have just the "western articulated figures" part of the post so no worries man ;D

As I've said in the past SH, I can't thank you enough for your daily round-up posts (but my wallet doesn't!). The good thing is you cover anything and everything, which is often the catalyst for us to discuss what's showing up soon, what to look forward to, which GK to mentally drop-kick into a quarry, etc.

However! We are currently in a time when the KC anime is fresh and firing on all cylinders and new figures are coming in thick and fast, with a frequency of almost daily new announcements. I don't want to feel like I can't discuss that just because a few people think some of us are being too enthusiastic about the output from one series.

Just looked in the 'other' thread:

Well here my collection of posable figures that are up and about. First off are my nintendo figures, two figmas and one nendoroid:

DSCN0477_zps341ba868.jpg

My other nendoroid, Kaga from KanColle, one of the billion figures that the series has.:p

DSCN0532_zpsed6e2694.jpg

And the jungle duo from the new bionicle series:

DSCN0538_zps7f3594ec.jpg

Looking forward to a couple figmas and nendoroids this year.

Proudly posting a Kaga nendo? lol, I hope they break out the tar and feathers for that gross infringement...

Bombless

Before the KanColle frenzy there was the Castle girl frenzy, KLK frenzy, Tharja, Bayonetta, etc. This isn't anything new.

Their OP reads like a bizarro version of the one Johnsmith made though, I find that pretty funny.

Figure GAF |OT4| You're here forever...except if you are weirded out by anime and shipgirls

Haha! Enough on that subject for me though.

We're about to jump into the WonFes frenzy as well. Let the salty GK tears take over this thread! (BloodOmenPT has already started)

Would just like to re-iterate that this thread is NOT for statues, busts, or maquettes. Even if they're Marvel/DC or Movie based. Those should all be posted in Figure-GAF. This is for the articulated figures. I realize there will be cross over when people post their collections and what not, but try to not post individual statues in here.

What a mess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ship talk is so recent it sounds like a made up reason. It’s a new show so it’s the new thing to talk about. It’s going to die down much like talk about other popular shows.

Also I like that nendoroids are being desribed as statues.

Wanderer5

As I've said in the past SH, I can't thank you enough for your daily round-up posts (but my wallet doesn't!). The good thing is you cover anything and everything, which is often the catalyst for us to discuss what's showing up soon, what to look forward to, which GK to mentally drop-kick into a quarry, etc.

However! We are currently in a time when the KC anime is fresh and firing on all cylinders and new figures are coming in thick and fast, with a frequency of almost daily new announcements. I don't want to feel like I can't discuss that just because a few people think some of us are being too enthusiastic about the output from one series.

Just looked in the 'other' thread:

Proudly posting a Kaga nendo? lol, I hope they break out the tar and feathers for that gross infringement...

An posable figure is a posable figure.:p Not like I go on and on with Kancolle anyway. Screw them if they have issues, I love posable figures, which is what the thread is about.

Bombless

This. There's that Samurai_Heart Moment™ where there's a monster post filled with stuff I didn't even knew existed, would love to get my hands on but alas I cannot. Thank you for that. I hope you never get tired of it!

I don't know, 2nd thread is kinda nice.
I collect a load of American stuff I hardly mention in here because there are bigger conversations with more people going on about mostly high-end Japanese figures or statues.

I mean who really discusses Marvel Universe/Legends, DC Direct(action figures), Star Wars figures in here?

nobody, which is why the other thread was made. I'll stick to the other thread when I want to dicuss those kind of things and I will stick with this one when I want to discuss my Bishoujo figures

An posable figure is a posable figure.:p Not like I go on and on with Kancolle anyway. Screw them if they have issues, I love posable figures, which is what the thread is about.

It was amusing to see in the thread that seems so geared up for and created by non-admirals. You'll get no complaints from me for posting shipgirls wherever and whenever ;)

cajunator

Banned
I dont have any ship girl figures and none on order.
It doesnt appeal to me much.
The only exception is Hamakaze because she's a cutie.

nobody, which is why the other thread was made. I'll stick to the other thread when I want to dicuss those kind of things and I will stick with this one when I want to discuss my Bishoujo figures

Not saying you are saying this but it gets awfully tiring hearing the excuse of "no one was talking about it there"...well...talk about it? I have responded to many when they post their stuff. It's not what I am into but there are others here besides me that will comment on it. I try not to be rude if I don't like something or a certain line, again as many others do as well. So I don't see what was stopping someone from posting unless they were scared their post wouldn't be responded to. Well that happens, and it happens with Japanese figures in here as well.

I mean if they are that freaked out by anime that is fine but man that is a heck of a reason to attack members of this thread in their new thread. I am not sure why it's so hard to scroll past a gif or two. God forbid people are excited about a new show that has tons of merchandise. We are gonna talk about it....

Hell I even saw someone basically say there was to much Nendoroid talk. That is just absurd.

I will cool it with the gifs though if it is pushing people away. Sorry, not my intention.

Hell I even saw someone basically say there was to much Nendoroid talk. That is just absurd.

I will cool it with the gifs though if it is pushing people away. Sorry, not my intention.

The part that gets on my nerves is that they don't even want statue talk at all. So that eliminates Sideshow and DC Direct pieces. Only poseable toys.

Well, back to pretending they don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom