• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Honestly, you guys could solve all of your thread woes the same way we solved ours at ComicGAF.

Just kill the people who are causing the issue. No more problems.

With that said, I preordered my Lucina from AmiAmi :D

61j9ApDTiDL.jpg

Thanks a lot, guys. All this talk of "ship girls" on this tread. I don't even fully understand what they are but what I do understand is a well made figure. So I just preordered the above piece because of how amazing it looks. I am just so impressed by the design.

You should be ashamed because I'm certainly not to blame.

I REALLY want this.

It's not so much the anime that bothers me but the constant life and hometown discussion. It's fine to admire figures but when it's so blatantly pervy it puts me off. Then again, I'm a prude who enjoys cute things so just ignore me!

It's not so much the anime that bothers me but the constant life and hometown discussion. It's fine to admire figures but when it's so blatantly pervy it puts me off. Then again, I'm a prude who enjoys cute things so just ignore me!

We may go overboard with it sometimes, sure. But it's all in fun. We're not getting aroused over pieces of plastic. And it's hard not to joke around about it when most of these things are clearly objectifying these characters in a sexual way. There's no way that isn't the intent.

cajunator

Banned
My first thought on the new thread thing is that it's a shame that it potentially means people won't be posting (as many) pictures and updates about things that I have no interest/budget to buy, but still like to be aware of and share with others who might be interested.

I can understand the frustration with the speed this thread moves at sometimes making discussion about figures that aren't as popular with more vocal people here tough to have, but I don't think making an entire extra thread is the answer; actually posting in this one is. From a glance at that other thread I'm seeing several names that don't post here but it seems likely they follow this thread.

Just my opinion of course, but I feel like a lot of the exclusion feeling people is all made up and self-fulfilling, either out of some kind of honest (but maybe misplaced) sense of threadtiquette regarding interrupting the flow of shipgirl/anime/etc. talk in this thread, or out of some kind of reservation about being accepted which, as ThePeoplesBureau just addressed, is silly.

Won't be following that new thread but for those that do, have fun and don't forget about us.

Yeah, what I do is go post a positive comment on the buyer's profile page with a link to the sale. At least someone can look at their profile to see those comments with just a little bit of digging.

Post it in both. See if they throw you out of that new thread.

A lot of things are posted in here thaT I have zero interest in either, but you dont see me complaining. I just accept that people are into things Im not.
I dont think Im special enough to go off and make a new thread just because I dont agree with something. ALso I have been very busy at work so I ALSO got left 300 posts behind.

kewlmyc

Well, I can understand them being scared off by Shimikaze and boat girls in general at least. :p (Still don't really get the craze myself)

Wish it's just be American Figure GAF and Japanese Figure GAF. Seems more straight forward than Articulated Figure GAF where certain figmas aren't welcome. Also the people who collect the ArtFX+ don't really have anywhere to go (mostly joking by this line). Seems limited, but I didn't create the thread so whatever. I'll subscribe to it anyway because I like looking at people's collections and in case I order the Deadpool Sideshow Collectible.

Also lol at the people trying to start some sort of war between both threads. Both contain the collecting of figurines which is looked down upon by common society apparently. We should try to get along. :)

We may go overboard with it sometimes, sure. But it's all in fun. We're not getting aroused over pieces of plastic. And it's hard not to joke around about it when most of these things are clearly objectifying these characters in a sexual way. There's no way that isn't the intent.

Without tone of voice, facial expression, etc it's hard to read the true intent of a post. Even when it's jokes I still find it offputting. Especially reading a whole page discussing it.

Wow shit has gone down today. While I don't really have a collection, due to jobless and space reasons, I have lurked here for a while. I have even posted my Warhammer figures and got warm responses. Mostly it seems you guys just get excited about the hobby whether it be Japanese or American. I just enjoy living vicariously through watching this thread burn their wallets. Hope both threads can live in harmony, although I'll stick to this one.

cajunator

Banned
Well, I can understand them being scared off by Shimikaze and boat girls in general at least. :p (Still don't really get the craze myself)

Wish it's just be American Figure GAF and Japanese Figure GAF. Seems more straight forward than Articulated Figure GAF where certain figmas aren't welcome. Also the people who collect the ArtFX+ don't really have anywhere to go (mostly joking by this line). Seems limited, but I didn't create the thread so whatever. I'll subscribe to it anyway because I like looking at people's collections and in case I order the Deadpool Sideshow Collectible.

Also lol at the people trying to start some sort of war between both threads. Both contain the collecting of figurines which is looked down upon by common society apparently. We should try to get along. :)

I just want them to change the title to avoid confusing new members.

See, that's the thing. If we broke things into FigureGAF East and West based on franchise origins, I would be fine with that. But limiting the other thread only to articulated figures seems too limited in scope, as well as a bit condescending and snobby. AND IT STILL DOESN'T PREVENT SHIPGIRLS FROM BEING POSTED OVER THERE BECAUSE FIGMA LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Without tone of voice, facial expression, etc it's hard to read the true intent of a post. Even when it's jokes I still find it offputting. Especially reading a whole page discussing it.

Have more faith in us please =P

Wow shit has gone down today. While I don't really have a collection, due to jobless and space reasons, I have lurked here for a while. I have even posted my Warhammer figures and got warm responses. Mostly it seems you guys just get excited about the hobby whether it be Japanese or American. I just enjoy living vicariously through watching this thread burn their wallets. Hope both threads can live in harmony, although I'll stick to this one.

Sometime I think people don't really like all those figures, they just want to see wallets burn.

cajunator

Banned

You are absolutely welcome to post here about anything and everything figure related or even just lurking.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
See, that's the thing. If we broke things into FigureGAF East and West based on franchise origins, I would be fine with that. But limiting the other thread only to articulated figures seems too limited in scope, as well as a bit condescending and snobby. AND IT STILL DOESN'T PREVENT SHIPGIRLS FROM BEING POSTED OVER THERE BECAUSE FIGMA LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

But what about Kotobukiya Bishoujos which are anime-fied western properties :O

I dont even like that concept, just because I would rather post my starcraft and tomb raider stuff here than with a separated thread with a holier than thou attitude

Mik317

I will never understand this weird those nerds are worst than this kind of nerd mentality the internet has.

If ShipGirls creep you out, fine..just don't act like your collecting of Batman figures is that much better or better at all.

I annoys me to no end to see this mentality.

We are all nerds, dorks, weirdos or whatever. We are posting on a Videogame message board for fucks sake. There is levels to it of course but lets be real here.

Einbroch

Banned
I know I'm LTTP on this, but...wat @ that other thread.

So it's not a western thread, but it's not really about articulated eastern figures, and people are posting statues alongside articulated toys and discussing statues...

So it's Western Figure GAF but doesn't want to be called that for some reason? Cause that's what it seems like to me, and that's cool. But I'm so confused.

StayDead

This threadはthe bestデース!

d84mf9I.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom