• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I know I'm LTTP on this, but...wat @ that other thread.

So it's not a western thread, but it's not really about articulated eastern figures, and people are posting statues alongside articulated toys and discussing statues...

So it's Western Figure GAF but doesn't want to be called that for some reason? Cause that's what it seems like to me, and that's cool. But I'm so confused.

We all know what it is and I think its best to just leave it at that.

johnsmith

remember me
Please don't crap up the other thread because you feel insulted. Just live and let live. But I want to reiterate that this thread is inclusive of everything. Even stuff like plushes, amiibos, funko pops, etc.

Femto.

I will never understand this weird those nerds are worst than this kind of nerd mentality the internet has.

If ShipGirls creep you out, fine..just don't act like your collecting of Batman figures is that much better or better at all.

I annoys me to no end to see this mentality.

We are all nerds, dorks, weirdos or whatever. We are posting on a Videogame message board for fucks sake. There is levels to it of course but lets be real here.

I didn't choose nerd lyfe, nerd lyfe chose me.

Jokes aside, this guy speaks the truth.

Somebody check StayDead, I think he's pulling a Metal Gear Solid 2 ending transformation.

Please don't crap up the other thread because you feel insulted. Just live and let live. But I want to reiterate that this thread is inclusive of everything. Even stuff like plushes, amiibos, funko pops, etc.

Thanks, john. +1 for remembering plushes.

Just caught up to the last 500 posts ...lots of cool figs.

I don't buy lots of figs , but i do once in a while ( my main problem is free space where i live ) but hey i still have 2 pre orders at amiami.

Now , a thread for action figures ? i feel that it's fine , if it's still about that ..... let us see if there is anough material for that thread to stay alive . and if it will retain his original purpose long enough....not sure about both .

As for me , i don't like action figs, so .... my current main problem is if i should buy some amibos or not ....

Should i ?

cajunator

Banned

I agree. I just hope new gaffers dont get confused and think there isnt a friendly place to discuss anime figures. But Id be happy to lead them to this thread if that were the case.

WolfStark

I've said this before. I would buy her day zero. I know Kotobukiya is looking to expand the horror bishoujo line, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

If it's more like Jason and less like Freddy I would buy her in an instant. In my imagination Pinhead-Bishoujo is one hell of a statue.

Regarding the thread topic:
I like this thread. So much stuff, everything model and figure related without borders. My interest in a thread that centers about one tiny fraction of this universe is 0.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Somebody check StayDead, I think he's pulling a Metal Gear Solid 2 ending transformation.
Everything is fine.

Ryuuroden

its just that new members might post in there with anime articulated figured, then get derided or insulted and have a very bad first impression. At the very least the title needs to be more specific.

I am subscribing to the thread so I can call them out on hypocrisy if certain things like that happen cause it's fun to do that and when people act all exclusionary and generalize people based on their hobbies it pisses me off.

Bombless

This. Especially the bolded. Always has been, always will be.

Without tone of voice, facial expression, etc it's hard to read the true intent of a post. Even when it's jokes I still find it offputting. Especially reading a whole page discussing it.
Then make sure never to read Amiami figure reviews.
Phoenix needs to read Hobbysearch reviews for them expressions XP:
YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

DRIVE MEEEEE

/⌒|___/⌒ヽ
      ○。 |  .|   ヽ /。/
        <|  .|   |ノ/ /  ・
   。・    | 丶    ヽ./
         ヽ     ヽ
          \     \ 
            \     \
             /    丿\
            /   /\  \
           /  /   \  .\
          /  /      \  ヽ
丿⌒ ̄ ̄ ̄⌒   /  ノ⌒ ̄ ̄ ̄   丿
|_つ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄    |_つ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

CRAZYYYYY! Syaoran kun!
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/141216

Wanderer5

Finally got around doing this:

DSCN0574_zps0a2d7f0e.jpg

DSCN0580_zps055ce4ec.jpg

And Jan 2015, the month of archer figures for me.:p

DSCN0595_zpsaf19a53d.jpg

chrono01

Alright Chrono the aspect ratio of your avatar is really bugging me so I made these 4 for you:
nb9bzEw.png
BDpUIQD.png
jQOOjbi.png
GNep5qS.png
Thanks!

I'll grab the third one, I guess. I was [and still am] torn between the first and third, but all of them are great. And since the first one has already been claimed, I guess that takes care of that!

Where's Chrono? I made you correctly aspect ratio avvy images ;__;
nb9bzEw.png
jQOOjbi.png
GNep5qS.png
Sorry, it's been one of those days. >_<

Thanks again for doing this, by the way.

Acid08

Banned
In the spirit of all figureGAF here are some of my 40k models. 40k is the reason I am all too familiar with burning wallets.
These look amazing! Love 40k figures. I used to paint them when I was in middle school, had all Chaos troops. I believe I still have them somewhere, will have to look.

WolfStark

I am sure many know those magazine collections that come up every year, it always start's with the first issue with the tire of a Porsche or the ribs and bow of the HMS Bounty for a very small price and after that you build a collection, car, ship whatever that will cost an vast amount of money. Well here in Germany an unbelievable number of those magazines started and I have to say, 2 in particular catched my interest. First was.. yes Warships, I am only intersted in two so far and luckily the first issue had my Bismarck:

bismarckzkdfv.jpg

The other ship I am looking forward to is the Yamato. Not the greatest quality here but I since I don't have the interest or the money to buy (or make) something bigger, it satisfies my desires.
The second series is the Star Trek Starship Collection. This one is tremendously better than the Warship collection when it comes to painting.
enterprisesmqfhf.jpg

Maybe because Star Trek starships aren't so complex but still it's a plus. The first issue was 5 Euro (which is still more than the first UK) and for that the Enterprise-D is pretty much perfect. I which the contrast in the hull would be a little stronger but that's nitpicking. The second issue was the Enterprise Refit, from The Movie, Wrath of Kahn and Search for Spock. This one cost 15 Euro and I only bought it because I wanted the movie Enterprise so much. The quality itself is seriously lacking (especially considering the high price), it's far away from the Enterprise D I think they should start doing someting. I know the release in other countries had the same error and poor quality, it's the second issue, why doing that again and again and again? I am sure many are upset and back off, in particular should they get something like I had first:

10686682_1041198412564009_1157849803581188379_n.jpg

Yeah. And those are very well painted!

These look amazing! Love 40k figures. I used to paint them when I was in middle school, had all Chaos troops. I believe I still have them somewhere, will have to look.

Indeed. Aren't they tiny, too? My hand would be shaking like mad. Noooo thanks.

Thanks. They come in different sizes. They are 28mm scale. Thats why I want to give GK's a try since I know how how to airbrush.

Edit: I love the TNG enterprise. Still my favorite of all the Star Trek ships.

Thanks. They come in different sizes. They are 28mm scale. Thats why I want to give GK's a try since I know how how to airbrush.

If you are interested in garage-kits BiJ has a section for it, costly though:
http://biginjap.com/en/241-garage-kits
If I had the talent I would've probably gotten this Revy:
I just really want a Revy figure =( wished Alter would re-release this but Black Lagoon being on hiatus ain't helping =/

Einbroch

Banned
I know the release in other countries had the same error and poor quality, it's the second issue, why doing that again and again and again?

The issue facing these is that they have to pump out a model monthly/bi-monthly/etc right? I would think that would lead to "we have to get these things out ASAP and for as cheap as possible".

Oooh I quite like the design scheme/colouring of this one, for some reason reminds me of one of the SMT demons a little lol
Thanks. That is Eldar. They are the space elves. I put that color on my main force.
Games Workshop really likes to take my money. I will get this guy next week. He is $25 and probably only about 2-3" high.

Those are really nice, do you hand brush or airbrush?

Someone need to revive the model painting thread.

I use airbrush for most main colors and then brush the small details. I'm too lazy to hand paint the entire thing.

WolfStark

The issue facing these is that they have to pump out a model monthly/bi-monthly/etc right? I would think that would lead to "we have to get these things out ASAP and for as cheap as possible".

I don't think that's it. Most of the starships are okay or even pretty well made but it seems they only work once on the model and after that never again. There are a dozen of countries with some being in the number 40 or so in issues and every time they are told this ship in particular is bad, the paint job is plain and wrong, there are seems, scratches, it's not put together well, blargh! The next and the ship after that are the complete opposite, especially the Klingon Bird of Prey (really looking forward to it). I think they just don't care and don't want to invest money again to make a complete new model or even fear, that people that already bought it could be angry that another country gets a better version, so everyone has to live with this failure. But I don't understand why they put that in #2 instead of 7 or 4. That way people aren't put off right after the start.

If you are interested in garage-kits BiJ has a section for it, costly though:
http://biginjap.com/en/241-garage-kits
If I had the talent I would've probably gotten this Revy:

I just really want a Revy figure =( wished Alter would re-release this but Black Lagoon being on hiatus ain't helping =/
revy is at the top of the list of figures I want but dont have. I will be paying whatever it takes to get that alter revy once I give up hope of a rerelease (even if its $300)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom