• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple pics from today.

Rikka

rcg6VkB.jpg

Wo Class

V4IkbJi.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Found some more pics of the Queen of the Dead, distortion evident but serviceable:

That first shots kinda blurry, but hot damn if she doesn't look great there, also makes the long wait feel that much harder...

LOL at the last photo, what a weirdo' collecting anime figures and alien busts, and half naked chick statues. It's like some parallel world where they can co-exist or something...

tauke

Found some more pics of the Queen of the Dead, distortion evident but serviceable:

That first shots kinda blurry, but hot damn if she doesn't look great there, also makes the long wait feel that much harder...

LOL at the last photo, what a weirdo' collecting anime figures and alien busts, and half naked chick statues. It's like some parallel world where they can co-exist or something...

Hmm so far I'm always impressed with the promotional picture of Sideshow Collectibles but then when I look at the final product photo taken by their owner, the colouring seems off.

Also colour me surprised as I saw the Action Figure GAF thread lol.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Hmm so far I'm always impressed with the promotional picture of Sideshow Collectibles but then when I look at the final product photo taken by their owner, the colouring seems off.

Also colour me surprised as I saw the Action Figure GAF thread lol.

They do a prototype, using whatever it takes to make it look glorious (oil paint/acrylic/etc), show it off, say buy this.

They then do another prototype that we never get to see, using the paint (enamel) the factory's use, dumbing it all down so that it can be mass produced. They send that off to factory's that want the job and see what comes back, and go with the factory that does the best job.

They then release the statue, that's just an echo of the prototype.

QC is much higher with lower edition sizes.

Also factor in most people use shitty cameras and crap lighting in their pictures, and that statues almost always look better in hand then they do in photo's.

tauke

They do a prototype, using whatever it takes to make it look glorious (oil paint/acrylic/etc), show it off, say buy this.

They then do another prototype that we never get to see, using the paint (enamel) the factory's use, dumbing it all down so that it can be mass produced. They send that off to factory's that want the job and see what comes back, and go with the factory that does the best job.

They then release the statue, that's just an echo of the prototype.

QC is much higher with lower edition sizes.

Also factor in most people use shitty cameras and crap lighting in their pictures, and that statues almost always look better in hand then they do in photo's.

Well I only did a clay sculpture once and fail to colour it decently with acrylic (and end up trashing it since it is for uni assignment--).

Guess I should stick to drawing digitally.

Doombear

Thanks. That is Eldar. They are the space elves. I put that color on my main force.
Games Workshop really likes to take my money. I will get this guy next week. He is $25 and probably only about 2-3" high.

I use airbrush for most main colors and then brush the small details. I'm too lazy to hand paint the entire thing.

jrod, those are amazing! They really look outstanding...

didn't really fancy any of the phat companies klk figures. I just realize feb might suck because lal the premium figures are coming then

Mikasa DX
Devil Homura

and a side bonus of racing miku 2013 sepang

cajunator

Banned
didn't really fancy any of the phat companies klk figures. I just realize feb might suck because lal the premium figures are coming then

Mikasa DX
Devil Homura

Yeah Im about to get hit with Homura + the two Infinite Stratos 1:4 scales all at once.

Bombless

Decided to check out some comic shops today in the Columbus, OH area, went to two in Columbus, and a hobbies store in Lancaster. I couldn't believe what I got.

Bishoujo Starfire and Mara Jade

My Harley Haul.

Dat Harley package. That Sideshow premium must have been...pricey.

A few questions for you, figuregaf.

1.) Apparently newer figurarts come with stands. Anyone know where I can just buy the stand?

2.) This thread is still all inclusive, correct?

3.) For anyone that collects amiibos in the u.s., has anyone heard when wave 4/Mario party amiibos go on preorder?

george_us

Yeah even with the blurry shots she came out great.

Curse you Baka for introducing me to Sideshow pieces. I'm currently at war with myself on whether I should start a (very) small collection or just stick with Kier. Right now I'm possibly looking at Green with Envy Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman, the new Spider-Man piece, and King Hulk in addition to Kier. My only issue would be finding space to display them all, but I also risk paying ridiculous prices if I wait too long. May use my tax return to grab Poison Ivy and King Hulk.

God I'm in too deep. From Bishoujos to statues man.

Mine's in the mail T.T She looks really good though.
Mine should be here on Wednesday along with Nendo Snake.

kewlmyc

Mikasa DX
Devil Homura

Hopefully Devil Homura isn't delayed again. And holy crap at Mikasa DX being delayed 4 months.

Bombless

A few questions for you, figuregaf.

1.) Apparently newer figurarts come with stands. Anyone know where I can just buy the stand?

2.) This thread is still all inclusive, correct?

3.) For anyone that collects amiibos in the u.s., has anyone heard when wave 4/Mario party amiibos go on preorder?

1. The only figuarts stands I saw were sold out (Kamen Rider ones) so I guess not.
2. Absolutely.
3. I'm european so can't help you there.

Ugh would they give it a rest with the freakin' Noire already? In case no-one got the memo, this is the era of Blanc. Still waiting on something decent for her.]

Oh come on, theres only one Noire figure and it came out looking like something even Griffon would reject. More Noire is needed.

I will agree that we also need Blanc, Compa, Iffy, Vert... For being Compile Heart's most recognized franchise, having nine games, and one more on the way there sure is a shortage of Neptunia figures...

EDIT: wtf @ my spelling

Acid08

Banned

Mikasa DX
Devil Homura

Ayyyy someone else is ordering Sepang Miku besides me! Awesome! Can't wait for her, hope she isn't delayed again.

Ryuuroden

Decided to check out some comic shops today in the Columbus, OH area, went to two in Columbus, and a hobbies store in Lancaster. I couldn't believe what I got.

My Harley Haul.

wuuuut, I'm in Columbus, Didn't know there were any decent comic book stores or hobby stores that sold figures. (haven't looked either)

george_us

My Harley Haul.
Shout out to my fellow Ohioan! Which shops did you check out?

Bloodember

wuuuut, I'm in Columbus, Didn't know there were any decent comic book stores or hobby stores that sold figures. (haven't looked either)

Shout out to my fellow Ohioan! Which shops did you check out?

Laughing Ogre, World's Greatest Comics and Black Hole Comix in Columbus, all three have a great selection of Statues and figures. Impact Comics in Grove City, no statues, had an ok selection of figures. Last was Fairway Hobbies in Lancaster, which is awesome if your into Sideshow collectibles, they are an official retailer. They also had a great selection of older figures and toys sealed and loose.

Yeah even with the blurry shots she came out great.

Curse you Baka for introducing me to Sideshow pieces. I'm currently at war with myself on whether I should start a (very) small collection or just stick with Kier. Right now I'm possibly looking at Green with Envy Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman, the new Spider-Man piece, and King Hulk in addition to Kier. My only issue would be finding space to display them all, but I also risk paying ridiculous prices if I wait too long. May use my tax return to grab Poison Ivy and King Hulk.

God I'm in too deep. From Bishoujos to statues man.

Mine should be here on Wednesday along with Nendo Snake.

How can you say no to this face?

HSin7Bu.jpg

Freezasaurus has claimed February as shipgirl month lol but be sure to check the YouTube video Razgriz linked below and you'll see you've dodged a bullet.
Thanks for the info Samurai_Heart, Razgriz...hopefully I'll remember to get that Bismarck avatar ready, yo. lol.

Dang, this thread's been moving hella fast...is it cuz of the thread split earlier today? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom