• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ever since amiibo came out my energy and effort for collectibles have been dedicated to them aside from pre-ordering Figma Lucina and Solid Snake last week. What's the next popular statue most people are pre-ordering? Haven't gotten one since Tharja last year.

Selvaria and Re-Class were the most recent to turn heads.

Alter Asuka is also back up, and a lot of people seem very happy with her.

Busaiku

Got swept into the fervor and got Rosalina & Luma, when I don't really need it.
Yeesh, these things are still hideous. Face isn't the worst (like Zelda), but those hands...
Got a Marth through a scalper (the Fire Emblem ones I need), not looking forward to that.

tauke

Derp-Spyro :p

3J49Coj.png

Anyone is free to use it! I need to draw a new avatar for myself.

Ok I got too much free time with the hot and humid weather melting my brain after trying to tweak my own website performance for Google PageSpeed Insights--

Meyneth

Most of my girl friends are crazy about Blade Boys from my Twitter feed. Need to capture that market segment.
The problem I noticed is that these types of franchises (aimed at girls) tend to stick to non-figure/toy merchandise. So there's lots of key chains, buttons, drama cds etc.
If I collected all of that I'd have no space left!

Arkadios

I will never understand this weird those nerds are worst than this kind of nerd mentality the internet has.

If ShipGirls creep you out, fine..just don't act like your collecting of Batman figures is that much better or better at all.

I annoys me to no end to see this mentality.

We are all nerds, dorks, weirdos or whatever. We are posting on a Videogame message board for fucks sake. There is levels to it of course but lets be real here.

its just that new members might post in there with anime articulated figured, then get derided or insulted and have a very bad first impression. At the very least the title needs to be more specific.

The thread moved fast last time I visited so I lost most of the discussion, but this two gentlemen here spoke the truth. Not really sure if I should visit the other thread for news, some of the articulated stuff they posted seem pretty low-tier quality wise for my standards, and I don't even like articulated figures all that much so...

Busaiku

Yeah, this month is not gonna be kind to me in terms of time management.
I don't know if I should go Monster Hunter or Majora's Mask first.

Let's see my February figure wise, basing this on N-Y's release schedule page, are just these two and part 2 of wave 3 Amiibos:

Hey, did you stole my order?

Just kidding, I ordered basically the same thing + Mario, Ike, Marth and Lucario.

Talking about figures, only Figma Sinon in Feb for me.

Hey, did you stole my order?

Just kidding, I ordered basically the same thing + Mario, Ike, Marth and Lucario.

Talking about figures, only Figma Sinon in Feb for me.
I said to myself before Amiibos came out I was gonna get the rarer ones lol, but the Amiibo stocks are fluctuating so much it seems the only non-rare ones are Mario series and Zelda X'D
I want the figma KLK stuff. Where's the cheapest I can get them right now?
For now preorder the Satsuki one whilst it's still available. Ryuko has sold out so you'll need to do the searching for that one, will probs try and find a site for you, later.

Still trying to figure out what God Complex is...

Ryuuroden

"Gimme a boost so I can check out what's going in the other thread"

kFFyHjB.jpg

I said to myself before Amiibos came out I was gonna get the rarer ones lol, but the Amiibo stocks are fluctuating so much it seems the only non-rare ones are Mario series and Zelda X'D

For now preorder the Satsuki one whilst it's still available. Ryuko has sold out so you'll need to do the searching for that one, will probs try and find a site for you, later.

What is God complex? Those are pretty interesting. Would like to know the story behind it. My assumption is modern take on ancient gods of various cultures.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Just a 1/6 scale designer toy line, sorta like the Sideshow Court of the Dead line, there isn't a movie, or comic behind it, just a bunch of cool people trying to make cool shit...

Like pure art, in mass produced figure form...

If I had the room and was less in to licensed stuff, I'd have them all...

What is God complex? Those are pretty interesting. Would like to know the story behind it. My assumption is modern take on ancient gods of various cultures.
Reading on the synopsis it seems that way, but in their setting there are still Gods, called Rulers, that are apparently suppressing mankind from overthrowing them separating them by continents etc. But the humans have invented "the net" which allowed them to connect to one and other.

And it ends there, I'm guessing they're trying to start a franchise/series. Beginning with the figures, which I admit I like the designs. Don't think they've done anything except the figures though =/
Just a 1/6 scale designer toy line, sorta like the Sideshow Court of the Dead line, there isn't a movie, or comic behind it, just a bunch of cool people trying to make cool shit...

Like pure art, in mass produced figure form...

If I had the room and was less in to licensed stuff, I'd have them all...
I actually really like the design of their characters would've probably be great if they did a prologue comic or something cause atm, like you said, it's just a bunch of cool shit. I mean these beg for a comic or movie, probably be generic as hell though:

Bombless

Still waiting for Tenso to ship my Amazon order out. They're being overly picky about my name. :mad:

Same. My KanColle nendos are with them but they've refused two of my adress confirmation documents and haven't replied to the third. I put a message in to support.

Cross post from the Comics thread!

YIPPEE! Jubilee is here :)

http://youtu.be/77NMVuuEs-w

Will you also be doing vids on your older stuff? There's so much goodness in the background :D

If anyone has ever played Warframe, they really look like Tennos.

Yeah, that was my first reaction as well. Especially with the artworks Samurai-Heart posted. Warframes wearing suits lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom