• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

僕のFebruary order!

IaLezyN.jpg

w5wUYvF.jpg

DDvdth7.jpg

E6VKn0g.jpg

+ Majoras Mask and if I have the money I want to get LBTW and Kirby Triple Deluxe in the Japanese N3DS sale.

Cheska

Jubilee almost made me crack.

Those pictures aren't helping.
Do ittt!! She's now been delayed to February/Early March :(

Will you also be doing vids on your older stuff? There's so much goodness in the background :D

Thanks for sharing! Again, keep making more videos. I know you just started posting videos but I'd like to see you do a look-back on figures that you've already purchased. :)

Edit: Bombless beat me to it.

Thanks guys! I probably could! I'm just also so indecisive about my stuff and am constantly shuffling things around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Same. My KanColle nendos are with them but they've refused two of my adress confirmation documents and haven't replied to the third. I put a message in to support.
Well my most recent complaint was my name, which is odd since they only ask for the first and last name which is what I gave and what both my documents show. I can only guess because my bank statement includes my middle initials they wanted me to include those letters as well despite not asking for them.

Still waiting for Tenso to ship my Amazon order out. They're being overly picky about my name. :mad:

Same. My KanColle nendos are with them but they've refused two of my adress confirmation documents and haven't replied to the third. I put a message in to support.

That's a shame, mine sailed through. I used a snap of my Driver's license which had all relevant info they were asking for displayed, but blocked out stuff like the license ID and eligibility codes.

Owzers

I'm taking this away from comics-gaf and entering the domain of figures-gaf. I do not speak your language or know your customs, but look at this:

The sword came with a splotch of the wrong color paint on it and a bubble looking thing from DC. I managed to lightly file some of the paint on the bubble away, but couldn't get rid of the bubble itself...but i found the proper color paint for the sword and painted over it. So now i have a proper colored bubble....how does one remove a bubble looking thing?

I'm taking this away from comics-gaf and entering the domain of figures-gaf. I do not speak your language or know your customs, but look at this:

The sword came with a splotch of the wrong color paint on it and a bubble looking thing from DC. I managed to lightly file some of the paint on the bubble away, but couldn't get rid of the bubble itself...but i found the proper color paint for the sword and painted over it. So now i have a proper colored bubble....how does one remove a bubble looking thing?

Her hand kind of looks weird from this angle.

It almost looks like it was removed from the frame at that point. If it is bubbling out I would say sand it down and repaint, or contact the seller for a replacement.

Bombless

It almost looks like it was removed from the frame at that point. If it is bubbling out I would say sand it down and repaint, or contact the seller for a replacement.

If you've just bought it I'd say replace/return it but since you already started fixing it I guess sanding/repainting is the next step, yes.

I remember looking at this figure a while ago and loving it. It pains me to see such terrible QA for her (and for you :(

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Gentle force and medium grit sandpaper until the bubble is mostly gone, then fine grit sandpaper to smooth out imperfections. Repaint.

Hard to do if you can't get her sword out of her hand or her arm off though, holding the figure and sanding isn't the best way to go about things.

Bombless and his "return it" idea is easiest.

Owzers

If you've just bought it I'd say replace/return it but since you already started fixing it I guess sanding/repainting is the next step, yes.

I remember looking at this figure a while ago and loving it. It pains me to see such terrible QA for her (and for you :(

Maybe i'll try for a replacement, i ordered from dcbs, but i'm not hopeful of getting a new one without problems. Since i have the proper paint, sand paper could work....unless the bubble catches on to what i'm doing. ^^^ or maybe replacement indeed, sword doesn't come off.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
According to MFC my February pre-orders look like this:

With these two things still over my head, with a payment request when ever:

At this point I'm only expecting Mikasa DX to actually release, pushed back twice, she's gotta come out this time, and maybe Yuki Mori will come out since it's just a rerelease.

Wo-class/Iscandar/Muramasa/Robocop/QOTD are all gonna let me down...

yami4ct

New figuarts design book has more images of Figuarts Tridoron. Really frustrates me that that car still has no release info. I really feel like Bandai continually bungles the current Rider releases. How is it so hard to get these things out while the show is still going and the hype is still up? 2/3rds of the Gaim stuff is coming about after the show and long after I stopped caring about Gaim. Well, at least Bandai seems marginally better about getting Drive stuff out. Type Speed, Mashin & his bike and Mach & his bike are all hitting pretty quick. Also seems likely Type Formula will hit in a reasonable time as well.

Also was really happy to see a Ridoron announcement. Probably a easy way for Bandai to reuse parts from Tridoron, but still happy to see.

kewlmyc

February orders:

198530.jpg
144330.jpg
(lol)
198394.jpg
206803.jpg
(not sure if I want her anymore, might sell her new)
279090.jpg
ZkQDifB.jpg

Plus I still haven't received my January payment request from AmiAmi. Damn you Raiden and your lack of official delay or release date.

Bombless

New figuarts design book has more images of Figuarts Tridoron. Really frustrates me that that car still has no release info. I really feel like Bandai continually bungles the current Rider releases. How is it so hard to get these things out while the show is still going and the hype is still up? 2/3rds of the Gaim stuff is coming about after the show and long after I stopped caring about Gaim. Well, at least Bandai seems marginally better about getting Drive stuff out. Type Speed, Mashin & his bike and Mach & his bike are all hitting pretty quick. Also seems likely Type Formula will hit in a reasonable time as well.

Also was really happy to see a Ridoron announcement. Probably a easy way for Bandai to reuse parts from Tridoron, but still happy to see.

There's also the Figma Vehicles line that should start this year. Their stuff shoukd be great as well and they're around the same scale as figuarts.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
January was painful, February should be lighter unless interesting stuff pops up on Mandarake/AmiAmi Preowned:

Planning to get New 3DS XL, and there's a bunch of games coming out.

yami4ct

There's also the Figma Vehicles line that should start this year. Their stuff shoukd be great as well and they're around the same scale as figuarts.

Glad to hear it. Since most of my figure stuff is Toku based, I'm kind of just stuck with Figuarts. Vehicle-wise, Kamen Riders have pretty specific rides. Might be cool to have an in-scale police car for Drive or G3. Always happy for more accessory options, though, since Bandai is kind of space with them.

Ok...just have to say...the DETAILS on some of these figures are just jaw dropping. I've been just browsing this thread the other day and can't get over how much detail and work put into these. Amazing.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
February orders:

Plus I still haven't received my January payment request from AmiAmi. Damn you Raiden and your lack of official delay or release date.

Really interested in how Sol Badguy comes out, as well as that gathering prepainted GK...

Shame about your January order though, gotta get the bill soon right?

yami4ct

Oh, we're posting February orders? Mine are.

new-3ds-xl-mh-jp.jpg

Monster Hunter New 3DS XL

I7tMeUT.jpg

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Collector's Edition (Yes, I'm buying this and the bundle. I'm an idiot)

20150120163938022.jpg

HG Build Burning Try

1012410_616058005163138_3654045281061981914_n.jpg

BFSD Star Winning Gundam

banm150246.jpg

HG Lightning Gundam Back Weapon System MK-II

Already have the new Micro SD Card, extra adapter for the New 3DS, so that's covered. Also imported an LL Cradle, because who knows if that'll come over. Most of this stuff is already paid off, so it shouldn't be too expensive a month for me.

Ryuuroden

Already have the new Micro SD Card, extra adapter for the New 3DS, so that's covered. Also imported an LL Cradle, because who knows if that'll come over. Most of this stuff is already paid off, so it shouldn't be too expensive a month for me.

I want to see a picture of all your Mobile Suits on display. It has to be pretty awesome.

128 GB MicroSD?

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

I went 64GB because the price per GB jumped up. Would love to have one that huge, though.

Those Pins and that dumb crate box convinced me. Statue is also a nice plus.

I need a 128GB one because I'm full digital, and the 32GB is already full with many games deleted / uninstalled. And talking about special editions, I bought a stupid one recently, yours actually have something that's worth the price.

I want to see a picture of all your Mobile Suits on display. It has to be pretty awesome.

Same, my friend (huge gunpla fan) already drooled on his Unicorn, the whole collection would kill him.

yami4ct

Sadly right now there isn't really a display. I'm running out of room in some areas so my MS are scattered around various shelves next to my Transformers. Need to do a complete reorganization and congregate them into their own space. Will definitely take collection pictures once that happens.

I need a 128GB one because I'm full digital, and the 32GB is already full with many games deleted / uninstalled. And talking about special editions, I bought a stupid one recently, yours actually have something that's worth the price.

I'm in a similar boat. I'd say I'm running 2/3rds digital and I filled up most of my 32. Took the chance to go up a step. I hope/expect it to make it to the end of the 3DS generation. We'll see. Really hope we see a big jump in the price and size of flash storage by the time the next handheld rolls around. Assuming the game size continues increasing, it's going to get real nasty.

Monster Hunter New 3DS XL

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Collector's Edition (Yes, I'm buying this and the bundle. I'm an idiot)
Man I wish EU was getting the MH4U CE but at least no CE means I'll be more than happy going digital for it, can't wait lol playing the demo I just love climbing up walls and jumping from them to smack a monster ^___^
Wished I could go full digital but I like my physical goods lol, hope you've been backing up your SD stuff on PC once in a while. But takes so long lol, when I got a 64GB for the new 3DS took like 3hrs for me to copy my 32GB's 27GB worth of stuff XD

Wished I could go full digital but I like my physical goods lol, hope you've been backing up your SD stuff on PC once in a while. But takes so long lol, when I got a 64GB for the new 3DS took like 3hrs for me to copy my 32GB's 27GB worth of stuff XD

I liked physical, but here where I live the prices are absurd, so the only ones that I have in that format are either gifts or LEs. And when I can I back my stuff up, regularly. Did that with the Vita and the 3DS.

I'm in a similar boat. I'd say I'm running 2/3rds digital and I filled up most of my 32. Took the chance to go up a step. I hope/expect it to make it to the end of the 3DS generation. We'll see. Really hope we see a big jump in the price and size of flash storage by the time the next handheld rolls around. Assuming the game size continues increasing, it's going to get real nasty.

Yep, I hope they get bigger too.

chrono01

Since we're posting our February orders...

Figures:

Satan [Orchid Seed]:

Sansei Muramasa - Oasis Ver. [Amakuni]:

Nami - Muriwara Ver. 2 [Megahouse]:

Houzouin Inshun [Alter]:

Yosuga no Sora - Black Ver. [Alter]:

Might Cancel:

Akumu Homura:

Gaming:

Majora's Mask New 3DS XL:

Majora's Mask Limited Edition:

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Collector's Edition:

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Limited Edition:

kewlmyc

Really interested in how Sol Badguy comes out, as well as that gathering prepainted GK...

Shame about your January order though, gotta get the bill soon right?

Hopefully. NY has him listed as a 2/2 release so we'll see in a few days if that's true or not.

I also forgot to mention my Feb also includes the Majora Mask 3DS. My Feb is pretty horrendous. Around $700 before for everything without including shipping and my delayed Jan order.

Acid08

Banned

I'm debating the Star Winning. It looks cool and would be my first SD kit.

Bombless

I'm gonna need to do a little purge on my 3DS friendlist,
specifically folks who do not put last on status (it makes it easier to see who unfriend you!!!!)
, and add a bunch of Figure GAFers when I can specifically the Monster Hunter 4U buying folks, hoping their servers are cross region day one for EU and NA folks.
Call me crazy but I think im liking Microman Nagato more than the Figma.

Really like the colors on the Microman more.
hes_a_madman_futurama.gif

Maybe it's a problem with lighting but whatever floats your boat =P

Contrary to a certain post in the other thread, FigureGAF is inclusive of all kinds of figures and I've never seen anyone deride something purely because it was based on a western property, only if it was badly made which happens with figures regardless of what they're based on.

I'm gonna need to do a little purge on my 3DS friendlist,
specifically folks who do not put last on status (it makes it easier to see who unfriend you!!!!)
, and add a bunch of Figure GAFers when I can specifically the Monster Hunter 4U buying folks, hoping their servers are cross region day one for EU and NA folks.

Last on status?

confused-o.gif

So many I-401s preordered! Best SubGirl

407px-I-401Shioi).jpg

I thought only a couple of folks were interested in her...

Feb:

N3DSXL with majoras mask + a new micro SD card because they switched from regular SD for no reason.

You reminded me I need to order a card for my UK model. I have a 32 in my JP N3DS, the transfer was a breeze and everything has been super fine since.

chrono01

OMG, I never know this exist!

Oh sold out, fine! It is not like I want to buy it or anything!

Z7PVygv.gif
Sorry, it just sold out a few days ago too. Even the standard/physical edition has now sold out. :(

It's nice to see people excited for the game, though. It looks like a lot of fun.

Contrary to a certain post in the other thread, FigureGAF is inclusive of all kinds of figures and I've never seen anyone deride something purely because it was based on a western property, only if it was badly made which happens with figures regardless of what they're based on.
Yeah not sure why some members there are remembering it that way =S. Maybe IIRC some people who posted and did not getting replied but I tried my best to be as helpful as I could and took interest in their posts but some ignored me =/
Last on status?
The "show friends when you're online status" will leave behind a "last online" status if you have it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom