• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh games wise:

PS3:
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (maybe)

Vita:
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary LE
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (maybe)
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (maybe)

PS4:
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (maybe)
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires (maybe)

Feels good to not care about the n3DS X)

Of course, I did just buy like 18 volumes of manga off Amazon recently >_>

yami4ct

I'm debating the Star Winning. It looks cool and would be my first SD kit.

Assuming it's the same quality as the original winning, which going by photos it probably is, I'd say avoid it unless you're willing to paint it. The original was a wonderful little kit, but dreadfully lacking in color operation. With some paint, it turns into something awesome.

Yeah not sure why some members there are remembering it that way =S. Maybe IIRC some people who posted and did not getting replied but I tried my best to be as helpful as I could and took interest in their posts but some ignored me =/

The "show friends when you're online status" will leave behind a "last online" status if you have it on.

Don't worry Samurai, you'll always be welcome here.

tumblr_n26tnkL6C41t0umapo1_400.gif
And about the status thing, I'm Yes/Yes on both options, so that's a go.

Contrary to a certain post in the other thread, FigureGAF is inclusive of all kinds of figures and I've never seen anyone deride something purely because it was based on a western property, only if it was badly made which happens with figures regardless of what they're based on.

The idea isn't really bad, don't know why it needed flames trying to turn it into a war though.

I discuss half(ish) of my collecting in here but I don't really discuss the other half not because it was insulted or anything but because there just didn't seem to be many others interested in that type of stuff.

Acid08

Banned
Assuming it's the same quality as the original winning, which going by photos it probably is, I'd say avoid it unless you're willing to paint it. The original was a wonderful little kit, but dreadfully lacking in color operation. With some paint, it turns into something awesome.
Well that's disappointing. I'm just getting into painting so maybe I'll hold off. I have four kits coming soon anyway lol.

Contrary to a certain post in the other thread, FigureGAF is inclusive of all kinds of figures and I've never seen anyone deride something purely because it was based on a western property, only if it was badly made which happens with figures regardless of what they're based on.

The only reason why I don't collect western figures is because some times their scales cost more than Japanese ones but with less detail, and for action figures, I'm really spoiled by Figma's swappable hands and faces, which isn't really something western action figures have.

With that said, I've always wanted an army of Cobra Vipers and an army of stormtroopers. Lego is filling in the dream of having a stormtrooper army now.

I do own these two.

Her feet are tiny as hell, so she can't stand up on her own. I had to use lego's to prop her up, but lucky her long dress hid the legos.

This one is still in the package.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Since we're posting our February orders...

Gaming:

Majora's Mask New 3DS XL:
Majora's Mask Limited Edition:
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Collector's Edition:
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Limited Edition:

I'd have bought that Majora's Mask LE, but in the UK were getting shit in a box so I'm opting for the regular version. Same with Monster hunter (which I'm only picking up to play as Samus, they won't make her a new game then I might as well play this) Also I didn't even know htoL#NiQ left japan, fuck now I gotta scamble to try and import, unless that's a Download only box...

Reminder for the EU people here that there's an unofficial GSC webstore that does both preorders and stocked figures. Their prices aren't super but it beats customs charges. I think their shipping might be a fixed amount as well : I ordered 2 nendos separately and was charged 12€ flat for each one of them. Arrived in 3 days. It's also interesting that they accept payment through Paypal but will only charge in monthly amounts, which helps with budgeting.

Bookfuckingmarked, didn't even know of this until now, will look at it someday when my wife won't kill me for ordering something...

Don't worry Samurai, you'll always be welcome here.

And about the status thing, I'm Yes/Yes on both options, so that's a go.
tkNdRY6.gif

Read up on cross region server and it was confirmed =D. Gonna clear friendlist space needed to add most of Figure GAFer's 3DS FC when I can then lol, I had so many non online status peeps on my list it took me a good 2hrs or so,
was also distracted whilst doing it XD
, checking whose unfriended me last time X'D

Read up on cross region server and it was confirmed =D. Gonna clear friendlist space needed to add most of Figure GAFer's 3DS FC when I can then lol, I had so many non online status peeps on my list it took me a good 2hrs or so,
was also distracted whilst doing it XD
, checking whose unfriended me last time X'D

I need to clean up space here too, but since I play Pokemon I need a couple of people because of their safaris.

StayDead

So many I-401s preordered! Best SubGirl

407px-I-401Shioi).jpg

I thought only a couple of folks were interested in her...

Not sure she's the best subgirl, but she's a 艦これねんどろいど!Gotta Catch em Allネ!

yami4ct

Im gonna get one of those MM new 3ds's. I dont know where to find one though.

Sounds like your only hope outside of the secondary market is that one of the targets near you is one of the few to get a limited supply. It was Web-in-store only for GameStop, so no real chance retail stores get them and it also doesn't sound like Best Buy is getting any. Who knows, though.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Aside from Monster Hunter 4, I don't know what other games are released this month.

I have currently preordered:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (PlayStation Vita)
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (PlayStation Vita)
Criminal Girls: Invite Only (PlayStation Vita)
Will probably also pick up Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, but it's lower priority. I'm expecting to get The Order 1886 (PS4) for free.

Watching other peoples February orders is bad for the wallet, mines about to go from 1 Figure to 4 :D

Hehe. I think I'll grab the Batman Nendoroid when it comes out. Preorders closed now.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds like your only hope outside of the secondary market is that one of the targets near you is one of the few to get a limited supply. It was Web-in-store only for GameStop, so no real chance retail stores get them and it also doesn't sound like Best Buy is getting any. Who knows, though.

I will probably buy one on ebay or whatever.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Nope, it comes with a physical copy of the game.

Play-Asia still has a few copies left [LE sold out, unfortunately]:

http://www.play-asia.com/htolniq-the-firefly-diary-paOS-13-49-en-70-8eoh.html

Thanks for the link, I almost bought it, then I looked up the UK release, it'll be DL only, which means it'll go on sale later in the year for 50% off (or more with ps+ discount), I'll wait it out.

I saw Operation Abyss was up for pre-order so pre-order fuckin' get, Demon Gaze was one of the few games I couldn't put down last year...

Settin

eBay for 3x the orignal price. That's pretty much it due to NoA never meeting demand. Hell, even those who preordered aren't safe since stores are cancelling preorders.

Terrible supply of LEs
No charger included
No regular new 3DS
Only 2 colors at launch
wSvoup5.gif

Nintendo of America

yami4ct

eBay for 3x the orignal price. That's pretty much it due to NoA never meeting demand. Hell, even those who preordered aren't safe since stores are cancelling preorders.

Glad I really hated the way the MM looked and wanted the Monster Hunter one. Aside from the Gamestop associate having trouble getting their system to accept an order, had zero issues getting one and paying it off.

As for Nintendo LE stuff selling I out, I can't be mad. Limited Editions are limited. At least the Nintendo ones don't clog shelves for ages like every other LE. I guess years of hunting low-run Japanese figures has hardened me.

chrono01

She would make an amazing Figma.

Had to cave and get her anyway.
Not a bad choice.

For a re-color, she looks great. I still prefer the original version [and I'm not saying that because that's the one I own], but the re-color looks amazing too. She's definitely a well-sculpted figure, I'm sure you'll be happy with her.

Okay, what's with the little color bits I've been seeing on some people's avatars?

Samurai and PeoplesBureau, I'm looking at you.

That's the amiibo badge, IIRC, people in the amiibo threads are using it.

Close enough:
da5.gif

tumblr_nc273f3XhC1qfwgvxo1_r2_400.gif

That first one I saw, and I remember the thread on the second one, people were expecting something much bigger and in the end it was nothing (around the Smash launch, IIRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom