• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

Actually (new) Sakura Miku was still open for preorders like just last week at GSC so you're not way too late, just too late enough! You'll have to wait until release and buy her pre-owned or from some other reseller at markup, because she's only being sold from GSC shop.
"Order Dates: Orders can be placed between the 8th December 2014 (Mon) from 12:00JST until the 30th January 2015 (Fri) at 21:00JST."

It was only 2-3 days ago! NOOOOOO. :(

I wasn't really a fan of Miku until recently, so I wasn't even thinking of getting her special editions until now.

Now that I have Wo Class I need this even more.

05_226_4.jpg

I just woke up! I'm a page late, but behold my February in all of it's wallet murdering glory!

56856939.jpg

I have also pre-ordered...

New 3DSXL [Black]
New 3DSXL Hori Screen Protector
64GB Sandisk Extreme Micro SD card

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Majora's Mask 3D
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Blackheart
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2
Criminal Girls Invite Only
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary

And if that wasn't enough, I'll be picking up Snow Miku 2015 and the Re-Class nendo on the 8th when they go up for pre-order.

I don't remember what, but my brain is telling me there was something else releasing this month. Hmm...

This hobby is such a roller coaster of emotion :D!

But remember what some posters keep preaching, don't pre-order!

Everything is made in large supply, and will drop to half price soon after release.

Yep, it's not common at all for things to have a limited pre-order window, and skyrocket in price after release.

Completely uncommon

Like, never happens

really

I have a question about Amiami. I tried to register but it only took my email. Will they email me to finish it up?

Edit. Nevermind. Just got the email.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
OMG That's incredible. I could never display it in my house XD

Brings new meaning to "spread eagle"

LOL

Yeah, but she's probably going to be pretty expensive. Also, I don't know much about Orca toys.

All I know about Orca toys is that they are making that racing Muramasa ya'll called duckfaced, and that they have a license for Go Nagai stuff...

They made a Yukiko Hime, they have a prototype Cutie Honey, and this Sirene... They also seemed to have made a ton of animal ear wearing females and a Queens Blade Siggy...

MFC says 700mm tall, like 27 inches....

This is gonna be like that Dark Schneider isn't it... :(

Sideshow Muppet Bust...

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

Awesome, is it a full set?

Awesome, is it a full set?

Yep! Wish there was more. Some notable characters missing namely Floyd. I'm not sure what happened with the License and Sideshow. It was for the Muppets 25th anniversary yet they only made 20 bust. Every once in a while I think about parting with them but when push comes to shove, I can't let go. Last auction I had on eBay it was going to sell for over $3000. But in the final hour I pulled the auctions. That was many years ago now. I've seen some crazy prices for them since. Some single bust fetching up to $500.

souhait

Neo Member
Yep! Wish there was more. Some notable characters missing namely Floyd. I'm not sure what happened with the License and Sideshow. It was for the Muppets 25th anniversary yet they only made 20 bust. Every once in a while I think about parting with them but when push comes to shove, I can't let go. Last auction I had on eBay it was going to sell for over $3000. But in the final hour I pulled the auctions. That was many years ago now. I've seen some crazy prices for them since. Some single bust fetching up to $500.

I went on Ebay to check them out, those prices are insane. They look fantastic, I like how stacking the boxes kind of make them look like the show's intro.

I just lucked out and won $100 in a Super Bowl pool with the right score at the half, and of course the first thing I thought was "I wonder what figure I could buy..."

Impressive. Can't imagine how much that's worth or how much you spent on it.

Honestly, when I bought them I got most for around the $30 mark. Yep! I think Sideshow originally sold them for $50 each. They are AMAZING. I've had them displayed out of box a couple of times. They've been boxed up the past couple of years due to some home renos. I need to figure out a permanent way to display them. Likely a custom cabinet. I've had plans to build one to look like the opening of the muppet show with the lights, columns, and arches.

Always get a kick out of this. Google image search for Sideshow Muppets and my set shows up in the top row from when I was looking to sell them years ago. Anyhow. Looks like Sideshow doesn't even have a dedicated page for them anymore. I could only find a link for well...Link. But they sold for $60 a bust back then. Here's a stock photo of them out of package though...

SideshowBusts.jpg

exemp30

Hey guys! Long time lurker here just got approved for my account couple weeks ago making my first post here. So I succumbed to the boat girl craze and now have kongou nendo ordered, and getting her means I have to get the other three obviously but I see hiei sold out is she rare on the aftermarket or easy to obtain without an insane markup?

Settin

>> Friends follow a rigged, anti-consumer, anti- employee organization that is somehow a non-profit and actively covers up player injuries
>> I'm weird for liking figures

I may be a bit salty about some of the texts I'm getting tonight.

tauke

So I order Kongo late Saturday night and she's on my doorstop in Australia early Monday morning.

Damn Amazon Japan, you scary.

Amazon Japan is super fast too with their DHL shipping to my hometown. The longest will be 3 days max (excluding Sunday) for me.

Also I love DHL tracking system. You can see all the details on where on planet Earth is your shipment located.

omlet

Hey guys! Long time lurker here just got approved for my account couple weeks ago making my first post here. So I succumbed to the boat girl craze and now have kongou nendo ordered, and getting her means I have to get the other three obviously but I see hiei sold out is she rare on the aftermarket or easy to obtain without an insane markup?

Keep an eye out on mandarake and amiami for a preowned in good/new condition. Use figinstock.com to set up some alerts for when things get listed.

Put the figure on your wishlist on myfigurecollection.net and you will get email notifications if any member is selling one. Subscribe to comments to get email notification when people post comments on the figure's page (sometimes people put links to where you can buy one).

Amazon marketplace is, in my experience, typically a good way if you're impatient (you will usually pay at least the normal price you'd pay to import the figure (preowned), +10$ (and sometimes more). However, there are deals to be had there, and sometimes if the item goes up in price in Japan, it won't go up (or as much/as fast) on Amazon US. Only buy from US or Japanese marketplace sellers. Don't buy anything that ships from China/Taiwan. AnimeWild is selling it http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MU9W24G/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and they are legit. I've bought nendos from them before.

If you have found it somewhere not mentioned here, feel free to ask if people here think it's a trustworthy shop.

Ban Puncher

Amazon Japan is super fast too with their DHL shipping to my hometown. The longest will be 3 days max (excluding Sunday) for me.

Also I love DHL tracking system. You can see all the details on where on planet Earth is your shipment located.

The reason I prefer EMS over DHL is that with EMS if I'm not home they will leave the delivery at my local post office for collection (which is literally down the street from me) where DHL will return the package to their depot on the outskirts of town and I have to either go pick it up myself or arrange for another delivery and hope I don't miss the driver again.

WAT? Did she really go up that much? Goodness.

I want X-23, but she's currently at like, $140. Proof that if you need a bishoujo, buy it as soon as you can.

Yup two of my favorite characters(X-23 and PG) and it would cost me an arm and a leg to get them lol.

Edit: Put Ms.Marvel into that list also. It's either buy those three or buy me that awesome Superman statue from Sideshow.

Man, I'm hoping the price on that Sirene isn't too severe. I'm really kinda wanting her, now. :O

Yup two of my favorite characters(X-23 and PG) and it would cost me an arm and a leg to get them lol.

I'll tell you honestly, never pay over $100 for a single bishoujo. I paid exactly $100 for the Ms. Marvel Binary variant, and I feel she was worth it (she's pretty gigantic), but that was my limit.

omlet

Okay, so my busy evening is finished!

I completed my first shelf, unloaded all my DETOLF, moved them, set in the new shelf, set all the DETOLF on top (and had to take the doors/shelves off so I could pick them up by myself), put all the figs back in, then loaded up the shelves. I started this project in December and between bad weather and being sick finally got one shelf completed!

I really like how this turned out.

Finishing up:
A0uBnrl.jpg

UNLOAD ALL THE THINGS!
cgjIvCV.jpg

DETOLF put back together on top.
NzMNEn1.jpg

And everything back in, with spaces left to fill in with the next few months' purchases.
70x3SV0.jpg

With the room lights off. Looks nice.
F4S2PQ2.jpg

Two rows of stuff in each shelf...
W6dhjfl.jpg

And my shelf space is officially packed again. I'm going to have to do something extra for nendos because I have 4 unopened and at least 7 more on the way between now and May and I have no room left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom