• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Okay, so my busy evening is finished!

I completed my first shelf, unloaded all my DETOLF, moved them, set in the new shelf, set all the DETOLF on top (and had to take the doors/shelves off so I could pick them up by myself), put all the figs back in, then loaded up the shelves. I started this project in December and between bad weather and being sick finally got one shelf completed!

I really like how this turned out.

And my shelf space is officially packed again. I'm going to have to do something extra for nendos because I have 4 unopened and at least 7 more on the way between now and May and I have no room left!

Beautiful work man, it looks fantastic. Detolfs definitely shine when taken off the ground. Plenty of space left in the ship girls section! *hint hint*

I'll tell you honestly, never pay over $100 for a single bishoujo. I paid exactly $100 for the Ms. Marvel Binary variant, and I feel she was worth it (she's pretty gigantic), but that was my limit.

Yeah saw someone selling her on Ebay for $110 but now its gone. I should of pulled the trigger :(

InnocenceShiro1415734403.png

those...eyes >_>

I wouldn't say that's necessarily the case for every bishoujo. Look at Kitty Pryde.

That's because the bishoujo Kitty is fucking terrible.

Oh my God that Orca Sirene statue. Tempted to throw money down for the sheer batshit insanity of it.

Look at the face, tho. That's Ragyo from KLK exactly. And probably the closest we'll ever get to a figure of her. Hope she's not too crazy-priced. Need some bird girls to add to the ship and castle girl madness.

kewlmyc

Okay, so my busy evening is finished!

I completed my first shelf, unloaded all my DETOLF, moved them, set in the new shelf, set all the DETOLF on top (and had to take the doors/shelves off so I could pick them up by myself), put all the figs back in, then loaded up the shelves. I started this project in December and between bad weather and being sick finally got one shelf completed!

I really like how this turned out.

And my shelf space is officially packed again. I'm going to have to do something extra for nendos because I have 4 unopened and at least 7 more on the way between now and May and I have no room left!

Awesome. Did you build the bottom shelf yourself?

Man, I'm hoping the price on that Sirene isn't too severe. I'm really kinda wanting her, now. :O

I'll tell you honestly, never pay over $100 for a single bishoujo. I paid exactly $100 for the Ms. Marvel Binary variant, and I feel she was worth it (she's pretty gigantic), but that was my limit.

That's just not realistic, if you're after the early release pieces. I seriously doubt Kotobukiya will do a release of Catwoman, for example ( although I'll be tickled pink if they did ), so if you want her, you're at the mercy of ebay sellers.

I REALLY want a x23 figure but i did not like the kotobukiya one. =/

There's the bowen X23

0B8UGwj.jpg

and variant

SI3Ek0U.jpg

the Sideshow maquette

mTaZz0Z.jpg

but they're both pricey. ( around $350 for Bowen pieces and $600 for the maquette )

You can grab the Koto SDCC X23 off Amazon for $199 right now.

apricot

Curse Ami Ami's preowned section! Just grabbed the Layton Revoltech for 5k, B/C condition. Don't care about the C box, but this is my first time ordering a B figure.... I've been wanting Layton for ages and it seemed like a good price, so hope it's ok D:

That's just not realistic, if you're after the early release pieces. I seriously doubt Kotobukiya will do a release of Catwoman, for example ( although I'll be tickled pink if they did ), so if you want her, you're at the mercy of ebay sellers.

I'm really not, because I'd never pay nutso prices for bishoujos. Either they make a new Catwoman or I'll go without. I know a reissue won't happen because Kotobukiya themselves have said they've retired the pre-1/7 entries in the series.

I'm really not, because I'd never pay nutso prices for bishoujos. Either they make a new Catwoman or I'll go without. I know a reissue won't happen because Kotobukiya themselves have said they've retired the pre-1/7 entries in the series.

She was one of the first newer larger scale, but it's not for that reason. Edit: I'm wrong, she's 1/8 scale. Koto stated that she's been deemed "too sexy" ( whatever that means ) so they will probably not ever do any more bishoujo that are that risque again in the future.

I would pay a max of $200 for her, because imo she's a definitive piece of the line and my personal favorite, so I've resigned myself to being very, very patient with trying to acquire her. I have a long wait, because she's fetches close to $350 on ebay on average.

tauke

The reason I prefer EMS over DHL is that with EMS if I'm not home they will leave the delivery at my local post office for collection (which is literally down the street from me) where DHL will return the package to their depot on the outskirts of town and I have to either go pick it up myself or arrange for another delivery and hope I don't miss the driver again.

Guess the perk of living on a small island is that the post office/DHL depot is not that far in case my parents are not around to collect the delivery.

hometown_map8bzbz.png

Although I always need to opt for EMS or DHL delivery for the figurines as SAL or normal mail delivery (lol) is a sure 99.99999999% chances for it to disappear in my country. The mail theft is rampant and nothing can be done unless you opt for really expensive delivery for insurance and better tracking system.

The reason why I can't keep the figurines with me is that frequent relocating is a pain the ass when you lack your own transport hence I just sent it back to my hometown (and collecting dust--).

Guess my next delivery for figures is PLUM Cardcaptor Sakura and ArtFX Syaoran Li which is scheduled for late May--

tauke

Curse Ami Ami's preowned section! Just grabbed the Layton Revoltech for 5k, B/C condition. Don't care about the C box, but this is my first time ordering a B figure.... I've been wanting Layton for ages and it seemed like a good price, so hope it's ok D:

I ordered a B/C condition before from AmiAmi (Saber Alter) and it is pretty spotless to me. Unless there is a special note, B grade by AmiAmi is really in pristine condition.

Bombless

Guess the perk of living on a small island is that the post office/DHL depot is not that far in case my parents are not around to collect the delivery.

hometown_map8bzbz.png

Although I always need to opt for EMS or DHL delivery for the figurines as SAL or normal mail delivery (lol) is a sure 99.99999999% chances for it to disappear in my country. The mail theft is rampant and nothing can be done unless you opt for really expensive delivery for insurance and better tracking system.

The reason why I can't keep the figurines with me is that frequent relocating is a pain the ass when you lack your own transport hence I just sent it back to my hometown (and collecting dust--).

Guess my next delivery for figures is PLUM Cardcaptor Sakura and ArtFX Syaoran Li which is scheduled for late May--

My post office is 500m away from my current house. I don't care much about being there for deliveries :D Once I move though, I'll be shipping the stuff at work to be sure it gets dropped, the post office is way out and living in a big apartment building means I'd rather not have them drop it in the lobby.

Went to check the mail, and I had a few surprises!

While 80% of my Dec. order is still in transit, I did get these 3 today.

Tharja was the first B/B figure I've purchased. I looked over the packaging really well, and the only thing I could find wrong, was that one of the side tape seals was rolled.

Considering the discount, that seems silly.

I'll be unboxing them later after lunch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Because I'm a defense contractor living in japan, all of my mail must be processed through the base. It gets real akward when the big marine handling mail duty scans your boxes, and looks at the customs forms and mutters to himself "Anime figures?"

yeah....

george_us

Look at the face, tho. That's Ragyo from KLK exactly. And probably the closest we'll ever get to a figure of her. Hope she's not too crazy-priced. Need some bird girls to add to the ship and castle girl madness.
Oh shit you're right, she looks exactly like Ragyo.

Now I want a Ragyo figure dammit.

Wanderer5

Oh shit you're right, she looks exactly like Ragyo.

Now I want a Ragyo figure dammit.

We also need a Aikuro figure too dammnit, glowing purple nipples and all!

e9B3Id4.gif

Outside of the Mako nendoroid, has there been any figures of kill la kill characters beside Ryuko and Satsuki?

yami4ct

Got Mach, but AmiAmi sold out his bike from under me. Was in my cart an everything, but I got an error "do not have sufficient quantities to fulfill your order on checkout". Damn. Didn't know that could happen. Well, refresh night starts now I guess. ugh

raven777

B80jMECCEAAFc6A.jpg:large

Metal Build slowing down amiami as usual..

it was sold out within 5 seconds, but went up again after few minutes, and now closed again...

yami4ct

Man. I still can't believe I got all the way to order confirmation once with Macher, it errors me into Session timeout and then sold out from underneath me as I tried to get back in. Man that's some bullshit. I'll end up with one in the end, AmiAmi always stocks in multiple waves through the night, but that's some horse shit.

tauke

Man. I still can't believe I got all the way to order confirmation once with Macher, it errors me into Session timeout and then sold out from underneath me as I tried to get back in. Man that's some bullshit. I'll end up with one in the end, AmiAmi always stocks in multiple waves through the night, but that's some horse shit.

AmiAmi need to improve their web store for pre-owned section. Sometimes the figures is still listed there and you get an error of it not found when clicking on it (someone already placed an order for it).

There are also times when the figures is still listed there but it says sold out on the page. AmiAmi why you do this.

yami4ct

AmiAmi need to improve their web store for pre-owned section. Sometimes the figures is still listed there and you get an error of it not found when clicking on it (someone already placed an order for it).

There are also times when the figures is still listed there but it says sold out on the page. AmiAmi why you do this.

At least they aren't HLJ bad, but they can improve for sure.

If this turns out anything like Rider Chaser (and, oh boy, it probably will, won't it?) I'll be up until 4. Now I have to entertain myself until 4. God I hate my hobby.

The fact that my other hobby, Gundam, seems to be what broke the site this time is pretty decent irony I guess.

After unboxing today's shipment;

The GuP set were my first petits, and omg they're so adorable! I think I need more petits now.

Also, a warning to those who bought the Amatsukaze nendo, some of her accessories are extremely delicate. I accidentally knocked a little flipper off of her boat buddy. While it went back in, it's very loose. I'll need to find out what kind of glue to use to get it to stay in for good.

That piece in particular is extremely fragile. It's about 5 interlocking piece that use teeny tiny pegs. The gun barrels, strap, and fins are also extremely thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom