• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even though he isn't quite as old as Venom, Grendel first appeared in 1982, and was given his own series the year after in 1983. He's been in and out of comics ever since.
Seems wiki wise Venom is a rip off from him ("mask" design wise) if you don't count "Venom" as the costume.
Now this is a fun product. Boat girls on water, finally.

Not my thing, but I liked the idea.
Just make sure the water's cold/lukewarm though~

I'm... seriously considering ordering Shimakaze.

Better go for it. KanColle stuff doesn't seem to last long on Manda, otherwise there would be more of it.

Also, I don't know how many of you saw the title of the February Comics OT, but I got a kick out of it.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

StayDead

Better go for it. KanColle stuff doesn't seem to last long on Manda, otherwise there would be more of it.

Also, I don't know how many of you saw the title of the February Comics OT, but I got a kick out of it.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

It is done.

raa0OKI.jpg

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Is that the one where the shipping charges horrified you?
Yeah it was12k for the statue, but then bill was 22k, and that's when it hit me I bought a polystone statue from japan. I blame it on buying too many scales lately. It weigh's 6 pounds 3 ounces, and it's one whole solid piece of polystone.

Looks good but just can't shake my brain from thinking it's Venom crossed with the Punisher ;P, hopefully the metal spikes are dull tipped cause don't wanna see a subsequent post of you getting stabbed accidentally XD
I used to have a Grendel avatar for the first 7 years of being a Gaf member, when I finally changed it to something else some asked why I got rid of Venom. I think when Matt Wagner created Grendel in the 1982 he riffed on Spider-man eyes for the look, and Venom created in 1988 shares that Spider-man eye look.

As for the spikes on his back, this is on the back of the box:

It'll hurt if I grab it wrong...

I used to have a Grendel avatar for the first 7 years of being a Gaf member, when I finally changed it to something else some asked why I got rid of Venom. I think when Matt Wagner created Grendel in the 1982 he riffed on Spider-man eyes for the look, and Venom created in 1988 shares that Spider-man eye look.

As for the spikes on his back, this is on the back of the box:

It'll hurt if I grab it wrong...
Hahaha love that dubious intelligence comment XD, and yeah take extra care when you are around that statue XP
Lol ya it has but I opened the thread and was greeted by a huge crotch in my face.
658.png

;P?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I really like how this has real bells inside the flowers, though I'm not likely to put the figure out in the wind.

tumblr_nj5scvdL7M1qzdctco7_540.jpg

Also ball-jointed arms for better poseability. Maybe more Nendoroids will have this in the future?

o0515038713206424802.jpg

It was just a super, super, super long column of "I" that made the page like a mile long. :lol
It was like a 1 x 10000000000000000000000000 image. :p
Lmao dang I would've liked to seen it XD
I saw this figure on a store nearby, I almost had a heart attack because I thought it was the Kotobukiya Shepard (Mass Effect box and all that), but it was this shitty thing.
It's a shame that Play-Arts still hasn't improved with time but just became more expensive =/

Found out apparently they collaborated with Koto before, when some of the quality was okay XD. Then they became Kai upon splitting.

BubonicKnave

Neo Member
My current February order. Not too much this month since my hobbies budget got reduced by over 1/3. :(

The Seven Deadly Sins - Satan Fundo no Zou

Hyakka Ryoran - Inshun Hozoin

PS Vita Ebikore Photokano

That Orca Toys Sirene looks amazing, but I'm a bit scared of the size and possible price.
The Rolling Girls figure looks good too, I really like that energetic pose.

It's a shame that Play-Arts still hasn't improved with time but just became more expensive =/

Found out apparently they collaborated with Koto before, when some of the quality was okay XD. Then they became Kai upon splitting.
uggh, I think they have gotten worse...
The original advent children yuffie (I have this, cost a whole $25)

and the version 2

terribad ball joins, weird skin shading, just euggh

AND $85 fucking dollars

The old play arts arent amazing, but they are quite nice for the $25 a piece they went for. They in no way justify the incredible price inflation they received once they added Kai to the name

Luigi87

and the version 2

AND $85 fucking dollars

The old play arts arent amazing, but they are quite nice for the $25 a piece they went for. They in no way justify the incredible price inflation they received once they added Kai to the name

I miss the Play-Arts line so much. I hate that everything is only Play-Arts Kai now.

and the version 2

AND $85 fucking dollars

Yeah it kind of pisses me off how expensive they are for the quality they are =/
I miss the Play-Arts line so much. I hate that everything is only Play-Arts Kai now.
Echoing the sentiment of most people who started their collection via Play-Arts =(

The notice that strikes fear to Europeans and Canadians here XD
Plum boxes are quite uninspired XD

I really like how this has real bells inside the flowers, though I'm not likely to put the figure out in the wind.

tumblr_nj5scvdL7M1qzdctco7_540.jpg

Also ball-jointed arms for better poseability. Maybe more Nendoroids will have this in the future?

o0515038713206424802.jpg

Hyped for this. I want to see how well these new joints work.

Just one?

Please, get on my level. Customs put at least 4-5 markings in my boxes, regularly.

It feels like the POs are competing to see who can get more "Taxed" markings on my stuff.
Thus Canadians and Europeans XD
I can't even fathom how crazy Brazilian taxation and customs are in comparison and the rates are crazy for you guys O___o;
Oh I didn't mind....lol
XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom