• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Nendoroids weren't such a pain.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I never really had a problem with nendos. Card Captor's Sakura was quite tricky because her broom, but you could easily set her up without using that part. And it was more a weight issue of holding her up with the support arm rather than the parts. Once it was setup I haven't had to touch her. Completely stable.

Wanderer5

Kaga is a bit of a hassle, mostly her damn quiver, but otherwise she been okay. Red is more simple, through I had some issues with the backpack. They definitely can be a bit of a pain, but can be soooo rewarding in the end through.

Also lol is Snow Miku figma just getting a regular box (well guess it looks a bit different, probably due to it being wonder fest)?

B81Mgp7CEAAhkly.jpg:large

Back there in the background on the right.

Yup but I hate waiting so I just super glued it back on lol.

If it's a clean break I usually just repair it with superglue. My CS Moore Magdalena came with a broken foot which I repaired and the break is basically invisible unless you have a magnifying glass and super bright lighting.
Still, I definitely sympathize with you. These statues aren't cheap and sucks when they don't arrive intact.

Ryuuroden

I was finally WOoed to the darkside of Kan Colle and made my carrier order. Dat pimp cane is just too much. My fleet needs opponents anyways.

Einbroch

Banned
WW Link Nendo was a worldwide release. Even Target carried him. It might be an international push with how successful Amiibos are.

Einbroch

Banned
Edit: Question for you guys... Have any of you ever bought anything with a C-rank box due to cigarette smell?

Yes, off Mandarake. The figure most definitely smelled like smoke as well. It was kinda gross. But that's okay, just a quick rinse and some light scrubbing and she turned out just fine. It was one of my first Nendos.

The box smell faded after a while (my apartment has two plug ins that take care of the smell).

Einbroch

Banned
What did you rinse it with?

Maybe not the greatest thing in the world, but I use this natural all-purpose cleaner from a local shop downtown. Put a little in some water, submersed her, and just scrubbed her with a soft towel in a big glass bowl.

I don't know if that's right or not, but it was "all natural", so I figured why not.

yami4ct

When did Nippon-Yasan aftermarket pricing go from expensive to HAHAHAHA? They're listing WING Sansei Muramasa for 22k. XD

N-Y has been pretty crazy about aftermarket pricing as long as I've shopped with them. Look what happens to Webshop Exclusive Figuarts. Pre-orders are barely over retail cost, but as soon as the figure launches the price doubles or even more. They'll charge anything if they think they can get away with it.

Maybe not the greatest thing in the world, but I use this natural all-purpose cleaner from a local shop downtown. Put a little in some water, submersed her, and just scrubbed her with a soft towel in a big glass bowl.

I don't know if that's right or not, but it was "all natural", so I figured why not.

Well, I bundled her with my monthly order, so it'll be a while before I have to look for viable options. But she was about 6k cheaper than the almost-17k one from a few weeks back, so I nabbed that thing I wanted. Not like Chiaki gonna ship dis month anyway. :(

N-Y has been pretty crazy about aftermarket pricing as long as I've shopped with them. Look what happens to Webshop Exclusive Figuarts. Pre-orders are barely over retail cost, but as soon as the figure launches the price doubles or even more. They'll charge anything if they think they can get away with it.

They never used to be quite this bad, though. They had some insanely-priced stuff, but mostly older figures. Not shit that just came out 2 months back for 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom