• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
MAKO NENDO IS THE BEST

ibts4s2xsC4qC5.JPG

ibbSZ9CVfQWT9B.JPG

ibjrPiIEX1IaI.JPG

i2Y7XDunEdFtG.JPG

Ryuko prize figure is also fucking awesome. It's painted perfectly, definitely better than the Satsuki figure. They look so good together though.

chrono01

After WonFes, probably. The MFC page doesn't list a scale, so it may well be non-scale.
She looks to be the same size as their other Sansei Muramasa, which would make sense considering she's from the same company. They'll look nice standing alongside each other.

Oh speaking of, I received my payment request for the Oasis Ver. from N-Y. I just wish the CDN dollar was better right now, it's really hitting me hard. :/

chrono01

So don't buy it. Not like they have a gun to your head.
They don't have a gun to your head, do they?
No gun. It'd be easier to defend if they did.

I wouldn't want to cancel her anyway, I've been looking forward to her for a while now. I would like to cancel Nami - Mugiwara Ver. 2 [considering I already have Ver. 1], but I've heard they won't stand for any cancellations, and I have a couple more pre-orders with them for later in the year [such as Nakahara Tomoe from Native] that I really don't want cancelled. If they shut down/terminate my account...

I'll probably just sell her when I receive her. Of course finding someone to pay the price I did in CDN will be difficult, but even if I could recuperate the cost in USD I'd be okay with that.

hIE1422617195.jpeg

All that white space on the bottom half of the figma cover.

Same as 2014:

White = snow, I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is an easy pass for me. I picked up 2013, and her facial expression, nyan helmet and full leather suit in half-off state was spot on for a lapsed rider like myself. Looking at her makes me want to go for a wander around a dealership, take a test ride or two... how's that for dangerous for your wallet!

But 2014 doesn't cut it. Something about her face is off, even the GSC 'smiling expression' bonus face. I'd go so far as to say that it almost makes her look a little bootleg-ish. Clothing lacks colour and doesn't have the same punch as '13. I'm a little grateful to GSC that I won't be throwing down a preorder, but I do feel it's a shame that the quality has dipped since last year's version.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WW Link nendo re-release!? Oh no! But I liked feeling superior to the WW Link amiibo owners because I shopped smart.

Ryuuroden

Maaan, almost back to double digit preorders. I blame my love of WWII ships making ship women a extension of that love. It is just a good thing that smaller ships are represented by younger girls so I can ignore those ships. If the battleships and carriers were little girls I would of been able to resist the line entirely.

chrono01

Maaan, almost back to double digit preorders. I blame my love of WWII ships making ship women a extension of that love. It is just a good thing that smaller ships are represented by younger girls so I can ignore those ships. If the battleships and carriers were little girls I would of been able to resist the line entirely.
Wait, double digit pre-orders? You've really had 100+ pre-orders at once? O_O

I think my maximum was like...50 scaled figures at once. Thankfully, it's trimmed down considerably since then.

10454295_525366510932753_861102276069566195_n.jpg

1:12 Scale
The Dark Knight Trilogy – Tumbler
1/12 scale remote control vehicle
The first Hi quality furnished “Playable” Tumbler

Soap Studio Company Limited proudly presents the mobile app fully-controlled 1/12 RC “The Dark Knight Tumbler. “ This collectable item maximized to match the film vehicle in shape and functions, it also features an innovative mobile app control interface with first-person camera vision that turns every player to Batman. The controllable functions including cockpit open/close, spoiler movement, voice intercom, Jet power mode to boost speed up to 30% with light effects, night vision LED and camera, plus a fine furnished thematic display charging platform and much more…

Product Name: The Dark Knight Trilogy – Tumbler
Product Number: SSRC-001
Ratio: 1/12
Control: Totally control by an IOS or Android App via Wifi with two mode: Joypad mode and G-Force mode

Features:
- App controlled cockpit door open & close
- Cockpit LED light-up function with sound effect
- First ever Tumbler with a High Quality 640x480 Build-in Camera, first person vision within mobile app
- Camera for photo snap and video recording
- Voice intercom function
- 85nm Night Vision LED
- Advanced Night Vision LENS
- App controllable spoiler’s movements
- App-controlled Jet Power mode to boost speed by 30% with red and blue LED lights and sound effects
- 2100mAH Li-On battery for up to 1.5 Hours play time. Long lasting battery pack to extend the time for fun
- Perfectly decorated and furnished like the real Tumbler
- True 1:12 ratio
- Over 14 x high power LED lights
- Over 500pcs of model parts

Special bonus accessories:
- 6” Batman figure with Over 20 points of articulations
- Specially designed theatrical-themed display charger with LED light-up function
https://www.facebook.com/soapstudiohk/posts/525367770932627
399882-2t.jpg
JPY for the Tumbler, to include Batman and display =
JPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAXzJnZAFNA
Preview: Chain Chronicle - Aldra 1/8 Complete Figure by Alphamax
This is Meshi, here to serve up another heaping helping of figure previews. Today’s preview is of a universally good Chain Chronicle card and an even better figure! Heeeeere's Aldra!

Chain Chronicle - Aldra 1/8 Complete Figure [Alphamax]

Aldra is a solid 5 star on and off the battlefield! Let's get in closer to see what magic she has in store for us...

In honor of her in-game ability I figured we could start off the preview with two mana orbs. If you think that joke is a bit of a stretch, it's nothing compared to her lace-up top!

Ban Puncher

Bank account got debited yesterday but PayPal stills feels like holding my money in limbo. And I just repaid for my botched AmiAmi order so I'm out double the amount now.

Rad.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
よかったデース!

I'm actually really happy about this, because I really wasn't sure if I was going to have enough money to be able to pay for my february order.

I sorta made space for her on my shelf today when I was dusting, then I noticed she was bumped.

Still need to figure out where Wo-class is gonna go (
but since she'll be delayed for months I'm in no rush
) originally when I pre-ordered her she was gonna go by MF Samus but then I got into Space girls... Wo-class and Yamato girls won't mix well...

Wait, double digit pre-orders? You've really had 100+ pre-orders at once? O_O

I think my maximum was like...50 scaled figures at once. Thankfully, it's trimmed down considerably since then.

50 scales at once? O_O

JPY for the Tumbler, to include Batman and display =
JPY

30k for a 6 inch batman man figure from an unknown company. The price for the whole things ridiculous but that batman figure take thee cake. Also Nolan Batman era is over, this should have been made a year or so ago.

That Threezero Megatron looks awesome, and with cape would look bad ass, but just not feeling the need for it.

Aldra looks great, glad I pre-ordered her (
fell asleep playing Chain Chronicle though
)...

Bank account got debited yesterday but PayPal stills feels like holding my money in limbo. And I just repaid for my botched AmiAmi order so I'm out double the amount now.

Rad.

Ouch... It will get sorted... but ouch...

----------------------

Going up to Ikea next Monday for more shelves for existing units ,and another single besta unit with glass door for QOTD.

Also need to find a besta like thing that can hold the 28" Kier. Anyone got idea's?

chrono01

50 scales at once? O_O
Yeah, it was when I first started collecting and I pretty much pre-ordered anything that interests me. I've gotten a bit more selective now [the weak CDN dollar isn't helping things], so I can't see it ever reaching that amount again.

But yes, if my memory is correct, I believe the high-point was 50 scaled figures and around 6 Nendoroid.

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, it's possible that more than 6 were Nendroid/Figma/etc. I know a very large portion were scaled figures, but I can't say for certain that it was 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom