• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

I feel like I am entitled to say to someone "THANKS A LOT, JERK-ASS" and I am leaning more towards AmiAmi. PayPal, as bad as they are sometimes, are only really following their usual procedure. AmiAmi should never of refunded the entire amount, instead they should of just asked for the extra three bucks separately to cover the shipping or you know, not jerking a customer around and wearing the few dollars because it was their stuff up originally.

I bought a couple of BESTAs from IKEA the other day and just finished this last night.
FOV4AvA.jpg

This is my small but growing statue collection (if only I can afford that Gentle Giant Babydoll statue my collection would be complete). The obvious empty space is for my Premium Format Wonder Woman coming in a couple weeks.

I didn't have enough for the glass doors on my initial purchase but will on the weekend. Will update once Wonder Woman arrives and is displayed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's safe to assume there will be more TWWHD nendos at some point, right? I want a Medli.

The next Zelda related Good Smile figure is an ALBW Link figma.

Also Animal Crossing is likely a more popular property in Japan and that only got two Isabelles.

After looking her over, Max Factory did indeed use the improved Satsuki Figma butt tech with the new racing Miku.

Lewd aside, this is great. It shows they're making efforts in improving the base figures to hide joints. That new pelvic joint works much better at hiding it. Also, even though I know it's there, the new Miku's chest joint is also not very noticeable thanks to clever use of the bikini strap.

Additionally, it seems that the jacket is cast off? There's a large vertical seem in the back... but just losing the jacket would make the arms look weird, so there's likely extra sleeveless arms in the package.

Sorry, I just really love her design, and I've been staring for a few minutes >.>

Hmm

Crunchyroll sent a nendo out to me last Thursday, at least they claim they did, yet I keep trying to check the tracking number and USPS claims it doesn't exist. Emailed them but haven't heard back.

Where's my Hiei!

I bought a couple of BESTAs from IKEA the other day and just finished this last night.
FOV4AvA.jpg

This is my small but growing statue collection (if only I can afford that Gentle Giant Babydoll statue my collection would be complete). The obvious empty space is for my Premium Format Wonder Woman coming in a couple weeks.

I didn't have enough for the glass doors on my initial purchase but will on the weekend. Will update once Wonder Woman arrives and is displayed.

Ooh I like the single stack thin besta for this, that looks great. I'm also jealous every time I see someone with the hellboy

So USPS tried to deliver one of my Amiami packages on Saturday, but no one in the office saturday. The EMS tracking says "Retention". No one tried to make a deliver yesterday. Do you guys know who I should contact to get the package redelivered?

So USPS tried to deliver one of my Amiami packages on Saturday, but no one in the office saturday. The EMS tracking says "Retention". No one tried to make a deliver yesterday. Do you guys know who I should contact to get the package redelivered?

Can you find the number to that post office? I had to track my last order down to the office that delivers to my work.

RMI

Banned

You're best off just going to the post office to get it. They should have left a little tag in your mailbox, but you don't need it if you have the tracking number. Bring your ID as well.

omlet

Arg, so, Amiami has fresh stock of new Akagi nendos in for 4.2k. I got tired of them getting sniped out from under me on mandarake and bought one for $50 from an Amazon seller last month. It shipped but I haven't gotten it yet, maybe I should return it when it arrives? I think even if I pay return shipping I come out ahead. Is that too much of a dick move? XD; It's a $14 difference before counting shipping.

Good idea on angling the lighting. For my son's Detolf I used the pucks instead Installed about 3 inches from the edge of the shelf to center of the light. Your strips look pretty darn good. Any reason why you didn't use the feet on the bottom of your displays instead of notching out the bottom to run the wires? I guess with the current shelf you built, it looks much cleaner now then it would have had you used the feet.

Sorry, I wasn't feeling good when I got home from work so I went to bed really early and didn't get the pics you asked about. I'll make a note to do that tonight.

sooo, Omlet, how is Tart? Is she awesome, still considering her. I love the flag.

She arrived at the main PO here in town yesterday so she should be out for delivery today or maybe tomorrow, which means I will miss the delivery and pick her up when I can, in a day or two. I'll let you know then!

EMS only has the zip code of the post office. There' is 3 post offices within the zip code, but I suspect its the one right next to office building I work in.

I had to call one and they asked my Zip code and gave me the number to the correct one. Hopefully you get someone who feels like being helpful lol

I lke decals in gunplas a lot, they make the model so badass. But yeah, you pretty much must be perfect placing them or they can be chipped off and stuff.
I don't mind the decals in gunplas as they are usually sticker sheets.

Water slide decals, though...my (in)experience with them is that they're too messy, very delicate, and I have no patience...that stuff is for dedicated modelers, and I'm definitely not one of them. lol

Ryuuroden

Wait, double digit pre-orders? You've really had 100+ pre-orders at once? O_O

I think my maximum was like...50 scaled figures at once. Thankfully, it's trimmed down considerably since then.

Double digit is 10 or more right? Triple digit would be 100 or more.....

StayDead

I'm doing my best not to order Racing Miku 2015's figma. I like figma and they're definately getting better, but I've already ordered so much this year.

I suppose once I get a job it'll be np since I barely actually spend anything on myself (although with my carers allowance it eats all of it) and with minimum wage I'll have 5x more per year than what I have been getting, but it's a risky situation.

If I don't get a job very quickly I'm going to have to borrow some money from my parents and pay them back I think haha.

I'm doing my best not to order Racing Miku 2015's figma. I like figma and they're definately getting better, but I've already ordered so much this year.

I suppose once I get a job it'll be np since I barely actually spend anything on myself (although with my carers allowance it eats all of it) and with minimum wage I'll have 5x more per year than what I have been getting, but it's a risky situation.

If I don't get a job very quickly I'm going to have to borrow some money from my parents and pay them back I think haha.

Who is this normal speaking StayDead? No kanji?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I feel like I am entitled to say to someone "THANKS A LOT, JERK-ASS" and I am leaning more towards AmiAmi. PayPal, as bad as they are sometimes, are only really following their usual procedure. AmiAmi should never of refunded the entire amount, instead they should of just asked for the extra three bucks separately to cover the shipping or you know, not jerking a customer around and wearing the few dollars because it was their stuff up originally.

Yeah, you could always send Amiami a unhappy customer complaint, explaining how they fucked up, and how your paying for their mistake.

FOV4AvA.jpg

Looks great, can you give me a link to what that Besta unit is, I didn't see any in the Glasgow Ikea when I went Besta hunting and settled for a single Besta unit glass door combo, but it's too small for horned head Hellboy to display in, and those shelf in the one you got look adjustable...

This is what I got:
(I know you guys see a Baka :p)

Hellboy with horns, and Kier are both too big for that, QOTD's only 21" high so she can take Hellboy's current home.

Ooh I like the single stack thin besta for this, that looks great. I'm also jealous every time I see someone with the hellboy

I would have said buy one, but Hellboy's all sold out now, it was gone after IGN named it collectible of the year. My Ex version is already going for £100 more then I paid for it.

Arg, so, Amiami has fresh stock of new Akagi nendos in for 4.2k. I got tired of them getting sniped out from under me on mandarake and bought one for $50 from an Amazon seller last month. It shipped but I haven't gotten it yet, maybe I should return it when it arrives? I think even if I pay return shipping I come out ahead. Is that too much of a dick move? XD; It's a $14 difference before counting shipping.

Not a dick move, dick move is on the seller for slow ass shipping, it's already the 3rd of February for crying out loud. That said take a good look at it and see if you want to wait longer or not before you pull your dick move...

Hmm

Crunchyroll sent a nendo out to me last Thursday, at least they claim they did, yet I keep trying to check the tracking number and USPS claims it doesn't exist. Emailed them but haven't heard back.

Where's my Hiei!

I keep seeing vastly differing experiences from people using CR for figures, and not many of them positive. Should they be avoided if other stockists for a given item exist?

I keep seeing vastly differing experiences from people using CR for figures, and not many of them positive. Should they be avoided if other stockists for a given item exist?

I would have but they had her for a decent price. Cost me less than preordering her on Amazon. I have only bought a artbook from them before so not much experience.

Mortal Kombat X comes with a sweet Scorpion statue...I cant buy it since there is no collectors edition for PC

fucking tomb raider all over again. I hate game companies...

Looks great, can you give me a link to what that Besta unit is, I didn't see any in the Glasgow Ikea when I went Besta hunting and settled for a single Besta unit glass door combo, but it's too small for horned head Hellboy to display in, and those shelf in the one you got look adjustable...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80134048/
And you can add up to 3 BESTÅ GLASSVIK on this unit. And yes, all the shelves are adjustable. Unless you couldn't tell from the seam, these are 2 BESTA units screwed together (The rug in my room made the units uneven and an eysore so screwing them together was logical).

Acid08

Banned
Yurisha Iscandar first February delay, bumped to March...
Great. 1 out of 3 delayed. Chiaki and Sepang Miku up next? Potentially nothing in February lol.

I don't mind the decals in gunplas as they are usually sticker sheets.

Water slide decals, though...my (in)experience with them is that they're too messy, very delicate, and I have no patience...that stuff is for dedicated modelers, and I'm definitely not one of them. lol
Water slides tend to look great after applied well but yeah, they're pretty difficult. Just one of those things you'll get better at with practice. That said I pretty dry transfer decals waaaaaaay more.

You're best off just going to the post office to get it. They should have left a little tag in your mailbox, but you don't need it if you have the tracking number. Bring your ID as well.

I pretty much always have to do that since I'm never home when they show up.

Acid08

Banned
When does GSC typically put out their release list for the month? Itching to see if I will actually have anything coming out :p

I had to call one and they asked my Zip code and gave me the number to the correct one. Hopefully you get someone who feels like being helpful lol

I'm going to the post office next door at lunch to check. Hope the EMS tracking Amiami gave me is good enough.

omlet

Not a dick move, dick move is on the seller for slow ass shipping, it's already the 3rd of February for crying out loud. That said take a good look at it and see if you want to wait longer or not before you pull your dick move...

Well, "last month" was maybe a bad way to put it... since "last week" was also "last month" and "last week" was when I placed the order so it's not like they took forever to ship it.

Thing is it's not delivered yet and I don't know when it will be delivered because they didn't include a tracking number (even with paid shipping), so I can't exactly return something I don't have yet. Thus the dilemma is do I order one now from Amiami, counting on being able to return this one from marketplace seller, whenever it arrives? Since it's not a mistake on their end, I'm sure they'll have me pay return shipping. Shouldn't be much for a single nendo box, but still...

I don't mind waiting for it. If I got it from Amiami it would be part of my monthly order anyway which means it would be sitting there for several weeks before the whole order was ready to ship out.

Eh, maybe I should just leave it be. Fluctuating prices are part of the hobby and it's not like it's a ton of money. I maybe get $10 back for all the trouble.

What is in it, if I may ask?

Kill la Kill - Satsuki Kiryuin Kamui Junketsu ver. 1/8

Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Aircraft Carrier Wo-class

amiibo - Dedede

amiibo - Meta Knight

Comptique 2014 Jan. Issue (MAGAZINE)

Ichiban Kuji KyunChara World SP K-On!! -Party Time- G Prize - Neck Piece w/Cleaner "K-On!! -Party Time ver.-" Mio Akiyama (Game-prize)

Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Akagi

Date A Live II Anime Visual Guide

Kill la Kill - Satsuki Kiryuin Kamui Junketsu ver. 1/8

Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Aircraft Carrier Wo-class

amiibo - Dedede

amiibo - Meta Knight

Comptique 2014 Jan. Issue (MAGAZINE)

Ichiban Kuji KyunChara World SP K-On!! -Party Time- G Prize - Neck Piece w/Cleaner "K-On!! -Party Time ver.-" Mio Akiyama (Game-prize)

Medicchu - Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Akagi

Date A Live II Anime Visual Guide

I'm jealous of pretty much all of this :p.

Acid08

Banned
My EMS package has been stuck on "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" in Japan for four days now. :(

USPS tracking right? One thing I've wondered is if it says that after the package has arrived in the US but has yet to be processed. I've noticed that the USPS tracking bar always says "In Transit" while it's being processed through Japan. Then when it changes to "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" it also reverts back from "In Transit" to "Pre-Shipment" until it's accepted into the US. Not sure if it's something weird with their tracking shipment but that exact thing has happened to me with every package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom