• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
TsSystemTaihou.jpg

ElDoraModelYuudachi.jpg

Please tell me those will be real PVC figures, I might break my promise of buying Abyssal only.

omlet

So I got tired of digging nendo boxes out of boxes out of closet any time I wanted to adjust them. I went to the hardware store today and picked up two of these for $5 each to organize unused parts. Perfect. (Except they can't fit very large accessories like Kaga's kotatsu, Kuroyukihime's umbrella, or Shinku's suitcase.)

Very much worth what little money they cost.

Please tell me those will be real PVC figures, I might break my promise of buying Abyssal only.

I want it, poi. Would buy, poi. It's probably just a GK, isn't it, poi?

The great Pyramid of Nendo! What a sight.

I was kinda paranoid taking that pic lol. Stairs are right behind it.

So I got tired of digging nendo boxes out of boxes out of closet any time I wanted to adjust them. I went to the hardware store today and picked up two of these for $5 each to organize unused parts. Perfect. (Except they can't fit very large accessories like Kaga's kotatsu, Kuroyukihime's umbrella, or Shinku's suitcase.)

Hmm might have to do this as well.

kewlmyc

What the fuck? So they could do more shitty Tekken characters or Teen Titans crap? Get outta here.

And yes, that's my opinion.

...what? Out of the Teen Titans, they've only released Starfire and that was recently. You act as if they've released 12 different figures or something.

...what? Out of the Teen Titans, they've only released Starfire and that was recently. You act as if they've released 12 different figures or something.

Aren't they making like 2-3 more of that? Raven and another ones? I'm sorry for the people that like Teen Titans, I'm not trying to rain on their parade, they are luckier than I am because the figures that they like are getting made, but that doesn't mean that I need to like that.

Meyneth

So after extensive research I've come to the conclusion that I don't want the nendo ship girls

[cue boo-ing]

What I Do want is the nendo petit set for the ship girls (and the abyss girls can be the regular nendoroids).
There only seems to be the one set for the petit ships though, I hope the make all the other girls...

Bombless

I actually thought about doing that for the gazillion nendoroid/figma accessories I have and will likely get in the future. Glad to see it works!

There only seems to be the one set for the petit ships though, I hope the make all the other girls...

All? Have you seen some of the pictures floating out there? I think that there are more shipgirls than pokemons already. I know, just kidding, but there are a lot of them.

Meyneth

All? Have you seen some of the pictures floating out there? I think that there are more shipgirls than pokemons already. I know, just kidding, but there are a lot of them.
I'd rather a hoard of petits anyway. Regular nendo bases take up so much space, I try not to use them if I can avoid it.

The petits also make for handy replacement checker/chess pieces

kewlmyc

Aren't they making like 2-3 more of that? Raven and another ones? I'm sorry for the people that like Teen Titans, I'm not trying to rain on their parade, they are luckier than I am because the figures that they like are getting made, but that doesn't mean that I need to like that.

Starfire and Raven. That's it. And people have been begging for them for years yet we're just now getting them. Not like the Tekken or X-men releases where there's a shitton of them.

If you want to get technical, Supergirl was once a Teen Titan but I don't count her since she originated from her own own comic series unlike Starfire and Raven who originated from the Teen Titan comics.

NO I CAIN'T STOP YELLIN'
THAT'S HOW I TALK

I'd rather a hoard of petits anyway. Regular nendo bases take up so much space, I try not to use them if I can avoid it.

The petits also make for handy replacement checker/chess pieces

Nice idea there, I liked that. And I understand your feelings, I would have every single pokemon if I could.

Starfire and Raven. That's it. And people have been begging for them for years yet we're just now getting them. Not like the Tekken or X-men releases where there's a shitton of them.

If you want to get technical, Supergirl was once a Teen Titan but I don't count her since she originated from her own own comic series unlike Starfire and Raven who originated from the Teen Titan comics.

All right, I was out of line with the Teen Titans thing, should've said X-Men. But that's water under the bridge now, at least they are keeping their repertoire diverse.

Wanderer5

I should probably get around getting something like that for additional pieces of nendoroids (and maybe some figma stuff too) before I get more figures heh. That looks pretty good despite not being able to fit bigger stuff.

Settin

Welcome, and please do post GKs, it is funny to see FigureGAF get angry.

I plan on creating some in the near future, but mine will start as clay miniatures, probably Pokemons or something anthropomorphic, like Monokuma or Teddie.

I may have to kill myself if curvy Wo-class doesn't get a PVC

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Welcome, and please do post GKs, it is funny to see FigureGAF get angry.

I plan on creating some in the near future, but mine will start as clay miniatures, probably Pokemons or something anthropomorphic, like Monokuma or Teddie.

Someone should make a garage kit/figure painting thread, would be nice to have a place to ask question and posting progress. Not really sure how many people would interested in it, may be if we can include those warhammer people.

I don't know if this counts as a "figure" or a "model kit", but I'm really close to ordering this GK Momo Belia Deviluke. Unpainted, unassembled PVC-ish. Super adorable...

Get it from Gk-model instead, everyone been saying they are superior to E2046.

http://www.gk-model.com/en/product/item/297/product_detail.html

Only problem is they might not include the eye decals, you will have to e-mail and ask them.

Bombless

Someone should make a garage kit/figure painting thread, would be nice to have a place to ask question and posting progress. Not really sure how many people would interested in it, may be if we can include those warhammer people.

Only problem is they might not include the eye decals, you will have to e-mail and ask them.

I really don't see the problem with talking about that in here.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I already ordered my stuff from E2046. After I finish these, I'll make a point to order a kit from gk-model and see how I feel about the quality difference.

As for eyes, hand painting anime eyes is CRAZY simple once you've done it a few times. I prefer to do it myself! :3

Bombless

I already ordered my stuff from E2046. After I finish these, I'll make a point to order a kit from gk-model and see how I feel about the quality difference.

As for eyes, hand painting anime eyes is CRAZY simple once you've done it a few times. I prefer to do it myself! :3

Yay! Looking forward to your updates on that!

taoofjord

Well, I found my pipe dream figure, Sentinel's Black Getter, for a semi-reasonable price. I should have him in a few days. Can't wait!

Well, I found my pipe dream figure, Sentinel's Black Getter, for a semi-reasonable price. I should have him in a few days. Can't wait!

Congratulations! Now that you talked about it, I don't really have a pipe dream figure anymore, managed to get the one that was closest to that this month (it was a figma of a kinda hated character, but eh, I like him).

chrono01

Part 1 of 2 of this month's AmiAmi shipment(s) arrived today.

Saotome Maria w/ Bath Tub
Narukami Yuno
Shiroe's Glasses
3DS LL Screen Protector

The box for Saotome Maria is massive. Just look at the photo below, and keep in-mind the box for Narukami Yuno is rather large too. Compare it to Ryuko's box to the left.

It cost me something like 9.5k yen for shipping, which isn't surprising given the size/weight. I had to pay an additional $50 for customs at the door, which is unfortunate since I usually never have to pay anything in Canada. Just seems like one those times. :/

Now to await Kongou, Satsuki, Psychic, and a few Amiibo from my other AmiAmi shipment, which should hopefully be here this week or early next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom