• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a tough one since I'm really partial to three of them Chihaya, Miki, and Azusa. I guess I'll go Chihaya since episode 20 was so amazing.

Nice.

Sorry to have you answer that, I was just curious. I still need to watch the series but I'm afraid I'll start buying them like the guys are doing with the shipgirls. Hell, the dude from Berserk couldn't resist, how will I?

Part 1 of 2 of this month's AmiAmi shipment(s) arrived today.

Saotome Maria w/ Bath Tub
Narukami Yuno
Shiroe's Glasses
3DS LL Screen Protector

The box for Saotome Maria is massive. Just look at the photo below, and keep in-mind the box for Narukami Yuno is rather large too. Compare it to Ryuko's box to the left.

It cost me something like 9.5k yen for shipping, which isn't surprising given the size/weight. I had to pay an additional $50 for customs at the door, which is unfortunate since I usually never have to pay anything in Canada. Just seems like one those times. :/

Now to await Kongou, Satsuki, Psychic, and a few Amiibo from my other AmiAmi shipment, which should hopefully be here this week or early next week.
only thing that matters is noel, the world needs more noel

taoofjord

Anyone have a recommendation on a high-tech sort of set-piece to use as a background when taking photos of your sci-fi or giant robot figures? I see a certain one being used by many different reviewers that is pretty nice, anyone know what it is? If that's out of print then any other ideas?

I've mainly just been taking pictures in front of the window on my computer tower, which has worked out pretty well, but it's not quite large enough to give me the freedom I'd like.

Bombless

Saotome Maria w/ Bath Tub
Narukami Yuno
Shiroe's Glasses
3DS LL Screen Protector

The box for Saotome Maria is massive. Just look at the photo below, and keep in-mind the box for Narukami Yuno is rather large too. Compare it to Ryuko's box to the left.

It cost me something like 9.5k yen for shipping, which isn't surprising given the size/weight. I had to pay an additional $50 for customs at the door, which is unfortunate since I usually never have to pay anything in Canada. Just seems like one those times. :/

Now to await Kongou, Satsuki, Psychic, and a few Amiibo from my other AmiAmi shipment, which should hopefully be here this week or early next week.

"Live from the box warehouse, this is Chrono speaking!"

Indescribable, IMO. I raged so hard that day people here thought I was even more insane than what I already am.

I was on the edge of my seat until Amiami finally confirmed my Love is War DX ver.

Awesome stuff but holy cow a all the boxes behind it lol. So good.

Also ordered so fast

FIGURE-010085.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010085&page=top

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait have you already painted some GK's? If so post some pics.

I've only painted miniatures. Chibi miniatures. A friend of mine wanted some figures from his boardgame painted, so I got to do those. Once I get these kits and start work on them, I'll post progress and pics for everyone. :)

RMI

Banned
I lasted about 5 seconds, amazon japan is amazing, good shipping and the Satsuki price wound up being cheaper than I thought. For some reason when i looked at it it looked like 7.1k which seemed crazy but in my cart it was 6.6

god damn it.

Someone snatched up Rorona before I could cave, not sure whether to thank or curse them... At least I stay pure Nendo for now.

Here's my MFC profile. I'm sending out invites to people I recognize from here, but if I missed you then just poke away.

I've only painted miniatures. Chibi miniatures. A friend of mine wanted some figures from his boardgame painted, so I got to do those. Once I get these kits and start work on them, I'll post progress and pics for everyone. :)

If you have pictures I'd still like to see them If you don't mind. It's welcome here. I posted my Warhammer stuff back on page 313. I enjoy seeing other people's painted stuff.

omlet

Picturebomb post incoming.

Alrighty, Tart finally got here. My first Vertex figure. She's not a new release but I had never seen it before until mid January when I was browsing mandarake... after some picture hunting I decided to bite and I'm pretty glad I did. She's really nice. I <3 swordgirls, even ones with pretty but impossibly impractical costume designs like Tart.

I was experimenting with some new lights so wasn't sure how these were going to turn out. I wasn't able to get a few shots I wanted because I need more lights for them to work (in particular, the way she's standing makes her face hard to photograph), but I'm pretty happy with how most of this turned out, being the amateur that I am with this camera.

Anyway, as requested, and without further ado, some pictures of Vertex's 1/8 Tart scale. Here's the album with all the pics http://imgur.com/a/8II7y and here is a selection:

Big box! Flag takes up a lot of space.
eBUHs9p.jpg

After getting her set up...
8VZVoOU.jpg

Q1JnrWg.jpg

eVYKLz1.jpg

gnlkxch.jpg

rf6C683.jpg

G6YQY0J.jpg

Xqaf1Ya.jpg

cTgdW68.jpg

ZRA1XXT.jpg

nwybtMy.jpg

jKfA19X.jpg

8qhjJnN.jpg

She's quite tall with the flag pole.
fXc6UpQ.jpg
The flag pole, rings, and stands are metal rods so they're sturdy but the flag itself falls off the stands very easily. Other than that and a few really minor mars on the finish, color me impressed with this one. My first impression of Vertex is a good one.

Red one is better anyway.
That's beautiful, pity it is in June.

Don't worry. It's not that hard to find her nowadays and, well, the red one is better anyway. I do highly recommend either Olivia figure (red one is better), just be aware the box is large (like 2 cubic feet large) so shipping could be pricey.

Someone should make a garage kit/figure painting thread, would be nice to have a place to ask question and posting progress. Not really sure how many people would interested in it, may be if we can include those warhammer people.

I have a little bit of a backlog right now, but all right....

CIjB8cN.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you have pictures I'd still like to see them If you don't mind. It's welcome here. I posted my Warhammer stuff back on page 313. I enjoy seeing other people's painted stuff.

Aye - sure! I'll try and find everything as I put my modelling station back together (just moved some things around the house). Most of my stuff was given away or sold back when I got out of brush painting (huge Tau and Tyranid army, nearly all Cygnar models produced and 15+ mercs for Warmachine, and tons of unpainted models I picked up at GenCon 3 or 4 years ago).

I got really big into Gunpla and other models (Kotobukiya and Tamiya cars) which is how I learned to airbrush. The only model I still have sitting around is my Kotobukiya Mega Man kit:

Before

After

Outside of the seam lines I didn't fill and the light scuffing and scraping due to storage and knocking around, he still looks pretty good.

Aye - sure! I'll try and find everything as I put my modelling station back together (just moved some things around the house). Most of my stuff was given away or sold back when I got out of brush painting (huge Tau and Tyranid army, nearly all Cygnar models produced and 15+ mercs for Warmachine, and tons of unpainted models I picked up at GenCon 3 or 4 years ago).

I got really big into Gunpla and other models (Kotobukiya and Tamiya cars) which is how I learned to airbrush. The only model I still have sitting around is my Kotobukiya Mega Man kit:

Before

After

Outside of the seam lines I didn't fill and the light scuffing and scraping due to storage and knocking around, he still looks pretty good.

That looks good. The eyes do look nice. I look forward to seeing you paint GKs.

Before

After

What the fuck? That's awesome. You are really good, wow.

My Steam backlog is legendary...

OpPOTZc.gif

even in Hell.

Haha, nice.

Bombless

I actually have the airbrush and compressor, just never got to try it out. Don't really have room for a painting station anyway.

RMI

Banned
I have a little bit of a backlog right now, but all right....

looks like my tabletop wargaming backlog. I'm painting some tyranids now... some of these guys have been primed for the better part of a decade.

B9DijXwIQAA0R3N.jpg

Here's the first one in hive fleet behemoth colors... I sort of botched the highlights but I have to paint like 29 more of these guys so there's room for improvement. Obviously I need to finish basing him, as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What the fuck? That's awesome. You are really good, wow.

Haha, nice.

Awe, thanks. :)

Most people don't realize it was painted until I show them where the paint chipped. Color matching is so fun, and with Mega Man, that's about the only challenge. His blue is actually like 10:1 blue:purple. Color theory is fascinating to me. Airbrushing is super fun and puts me in a zen state.

I'm actually more excited for GK stuff because I'm not a big fan of posable kits. The paint tends to chip unless you sand all the joints down enough to prevent any grinding. Also, you have to wait like 6-10 days for paint to cure before you can top coat and assemble. For GK's, I'm pretty sure I can assemble and then top coat. Makes my hobby time more enjoyable!

E: That model shelf! <3

looks like my tabletop wargaming backlog. I'm painting some tyranids now... some of these guys have been primed for the better part of a decade.

B9DijXwIQAA0R3N.jpg

Here's the first one in hive fleet behemoth colors... I sort of botched the highlights but I have to paint like 29 more of these guys so there's room for improvement. Obviously I need to finish basing him, as well.

That looks really good. Good luck painting all those Tyranids. I've been trying to get rid of a good portion of my 40k models because I know I'll never paint them. I have Eldar, Dark Angels, Tau, Cadians, and Death Korps of Krieg.

I'm trying to get rid of half my marines and all my Cadians. Gonna keep the DKK because they'll look good with this guy when he is done.

Don't play with my heart Q_Q
I need them hips in my life

I'm still a padawan near the guys in the thread, though, otherwise I would do it.

Awe, thanks. :)

Most people don't realize it was painted until I show them where the paint chipped. Color matching is so fun, and with Mega Man, that's about the only challenge. His blue is actually like 10:1 blue:purple. Color theory is fascinating to me. Airbrushing is super fun and puts me in a zen state.

I'm actually more excited for GK stuff because I'm not a big fan of posable kits. The paint tends to chip unless you sand all the joints down enough to prevent any grinding. Also, you have to wait like 6-10 days for paint to cure before you can top coat and assemble. For GK's, I'm pretty sure I can assemble and then top coat. Makes my hobby time more enjoyable!

E: That model shelf! <3

Thanks a lot for the information, it gives me courage to keep going, seeing your dedication.

RMI

Banned
That looks really good. Good luck painting all those Tyranids. I've been trying to get rid of a good portion of my 40k models because I know I'll never paint them. I have Eldar, Dark Angels, Tau, Cadians, and Death Korps of Krieg.

Thanks, yeah I find the painting of these guys go a lot smoother if I don't think about how many more i have to paint and just try and relax. I also got rid of a lot of 40k and WHFB stuff recently, mostly Chaos Space Marines and High Elves. I'm probably going to go through all my Warmachines/Hordes stuff and get rid of that soon since I don't play either of those games anymore.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks, yeah I find the painting of these guys go a lot smoother if I don't think about how many more i have to paint and just try and relax. I also got rid of a lot of 40k and WHFB stuff recently, mostly Chaos Space Marines and High Elves. I'm probably going to go through all my Warmachines/Hordes stuff and get rid of that soon since I don't play either of those games anymore.

I'm looking to get back into brush painting, so if the WM/Hordes stuff isn't painted or assembled, I would gladly work out a deal with you.

Just bought like 24 P3 paints to try, too.

RMI

Banned
I'm looking to get back into brush painting, so if the WM/Hordes stuff isn't painted or assembled, I would gladly work out a deal with you.

Just bought like 24 P3 paints to try, too.

sent you a PM, let's get this thread back on topic.

So, after ordering Satsuki and Ryuko I think I'm in the clear until like May and then again until July... At least until they announce the P3 Yukari scaled fig. I willl pre-order the fuck out of that figure.

Birth Control

Neo Member
Dumb question, but where can I find the stand used for most of these nendoroids, when they are being photographed.

1505a986c41543f2ac615d1abc3e4292.jpg

4e424dd0971b48d0bc38b026dddb9421.jpg

Looks like it's stuck in the bottom of their foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom